NEW CARTOON OF THE PROPHET

:salam2: Is this man crazy or what?
By Paula Newton
CNN

HOGANAS, Sweden (CNN) -- Swedish artist Lars Vilks says all he's doing is taking a stand in the name of artistic expression. But because of that stand, on this afternoon he's lying low -- on the ground, in fact -- looking for bombs under his car.

Lars Vilks says if people don't like his artwork, then "don't look at it."

1 of 3 Al Qaeda has put a $100,000 price on his head and offered an extra $50,000 for anyone who murders him by slitting his throat after the eccentric artist and sculptor drew a cartoon depicting the Prophet Mohammed as a dog.

"I don't think it should not be a problem to insult a religion, because it should be possible to insult all religions in a democratic way, " says Vilks from his home in rural Sweden.

"If you insult one, then you should insult the other ones."

His crude, sketched caricature shows the head of Prophet Mohammed on the body of a dog. Dogs are considered unclean by conservative Muslims, and any depiction of the prophet is strictly forbidden.

Vilks, who has been a controversial artist for more than three decades in Sweden, says his drawing was a calculated move, and he wanted it to elicit a reaction. Watch "I should slaughter you" »

"That's a way of expressing things. If you don't like it, don't look at it. And if you look at it, don't take it too seriously. No harm done, really," he says.

When it's suggested that might prove an arrogant -- if not insulting -- way to engage Muslims, he is unrelenting, even defiant.

"No one actually loves the truth, but someone has to say it," he says.

Vilks, a self-described atheist, points out he's an equal opportunity offender who in the past sketched a depiction of Jesus as a pedophile.

Still one could argue Vilks should have known better because of what happened in Denmark in 2005, when a cartoonist's depictions of the prophet sparked violent protests in the Muslim world and prompted death threats against that cartoonist's life.

Vilks' cartoon, which was published in August by the Swedish newspaper Nerikes Allehanda, hasn't reached that level of global protests, although it has stoked plenty of outrage.

Muslims in Sweden demanded an apology from the newspaper, which has stood by Vilks on his freedom of expression stand. Pakistan and Iran also lodged formal protests with Sweden.

One Swedish Muslim woman who lives just an hour-and-a-half drive from Vilks said she hopes to make good on the al Qaeda threat and slaughter Vilks like a lamb.

"I can do this in the name of Allah, and I will not fail. I could slaughter him in the name of Allah," says the woman who identified herself only as Amatullah.

She adds, "If I get the opportunity."

Dressed in a black burqa from head to toe and uttering death threat after death threat, the woman -- a wife and mother -- says she is defending her religion and her prophet if she manages to kill Vilks.

Amatullah has already been fined for issuing death threats. Still, she claims she will never stop taunting him.

Swedish police, who declined CNN's request for an interview, have advised Vilks to abandon his home.

But the artist still works there by day and travels to a safe house by night. Vilks knows his defiance could get him killed, but he says his art is worth dying for.

As he sits at his computer, his phone buzzes with a text message. Another death threat has just come in, this one from Pakistan.

"I will kill you, you son a bitch," he reads.

There are hundreds of threats just like this one on his mobile phone, on his answering machine and in his e-mail inbox.

"You get used to it," he says. "It's a bit of hide and seek. It's like living in a film."

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
:salam2: Is this man crazy or what?
By Paula Newton
CNN

One Swedish Muslim woman who lives just an hour-and-a-half drive from Vilks

."

:salam2:

If they found his phone number, and traced his email, then its easy to find his address. I am not sure but I guess he'll enjoy the end of the film.

He is enjoying every moment and prepared to die for his stupid art, then he should get what he deserves. I am afraid that other fools who are desprate for fame would choose similar idealogy by insulting our beautiful prophet Mohammed (pbuh) and our prophet Jesus (May Allah be pleased with him). Therfore, he should be an example for the next artists. By the way, when did he sketched a depiction of Jesus as a pedophile.:astag: :astag:. This shows that he must be taught multiple lessons and not one, since the Swedish government are unable to stop this issue. The first and last decision goes to the known scholars inshallah.

Lets see our scholar's view on this problem, all muslims have to do is to follow the lead of our scholars, and consult them, rather than following our emotions.

Wassalamu Alykom...

:salam2: these guys think that for us muslims it is ok to make cartoons of Isa A.S .They dont know we love Jesus and no muslim will ever make cartoons of him

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
subhanallah!!!

these people will never learn..EVER!
they have no respect for ANYBODY..

how did he work up the courage to draw the prophets (peace be upon them) in such ways???

i shiver when i hear a little joke or a comment!!!

i watched it on the news too..i was so shocked i thought i heard it wrong..so i went and read it and it was exactly what i heard..

i am seriously about to cry..
and it's not cuz what this kafir and what he does or believes is important on any other occasion

but because on this occasion..he had insulted those who are near and dear..the prophets of Allah (peace be upon them)..who are above all people

MAY ALLAH DECREE ETERNAL HELL FOR HIM!!! :angryred:

:wasalam:

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

:astag:

If anything similar was directed towards Jews, the person in question would most probably be accused of being a neo-nazi or something along those lines and there would be widespread condemnation across the 'free' world. You wouldn't have European nations backing the artists 'freedom of expression' in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't jailed for inciting racial hatred.....

Wasalam

MubarekMuslimah

This is disgsuting astifrugallah!

I have one other thing to say though insha'allah.

These people WANT a reaction.

They WANT muslims to start jumping up and down screaming death threats and burning effigies and waving banners. They WANT us to be so angry we will commit sins and they WANT us to give OURSELVES a bad impression of Islam and muslims

Wallahi, these people are so sick that they take delight when we jump up and down and protest agressivley and some of us get locked up for it.

DO NOT GIVE THEM THE SATISFACTION.

The best thing we can do is NOT protest in violent ways, not issue death threats - but to remain calm and simply make du'a that this man meets his punishment at the Hands of Allah swt Insha'allah.

Whatever Allah swt has in store for him will be far worse than whatver any of us can do to him

We can hate him and people like him with every inch of our heart and soul and we can ask Allah swt to curse him for his open definace and insult to our beloved Prophet pbuh and deen.

But we should NOT wave banners calling for his beheading - because this is what HE WANTS, this would give him nothing more than great satisfaction because in the eyes of others, we look like violent aggessive people and it gives them more ammunition to create hate against us and drive people away from the Truth.

We must think how we portray our Islam to others when we react like this. We must think what is best for Allah swt - to scream and threaten and give bad impression no matter how good our intention - or to control our desires, hate him with our hearts and retain our dignity and in doing so insha'allah attract more people to Islam with our self-control and gentleness and calm. What is more impressive that that?

The best way to get back at this d*g is to attract more people to Islam insha'allah with our best behaviour - that is what he is trying NOT to make happen. Lets not give him the satisfaction of giving him what he wants - he wants us to react badly in order that we harm ourselves.

Allah swt will deal with him and he will get all that he deserves insha'allah.

ShyHijabi

Mashaalh sister,

Your words are very wise and I think it time the Ummah unite together and make this guy FURIOUS...by ignoring him. He doesn't know what our beloved prophets look like so by even saying that we believe he showed an accurate representation of the prophets fuels his fire.

He did not show a representation of our prophet...he doesn't know what he looked like. So he put a face of an idea on a dog and slapped our Prophet's name on it. H eis pathetic and only has power if we give it to him.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Salaamalikum,

This is the difference between the Western world and the Muslim world. Westerners believe in absolute or total freedom and Muslims believe in freedom with limits. Absolute freedom is dangerous and chaotic.

I believe he is doing this to increase his attention and bring $$ for his business. Money is not the root of all evil, money exposes people and their character. This animal should be dealt with :astag:

"Democratic" system are all hypocritical. UK puts you to jail for 7 years for defaming a gay person but when Muslims ask for their rights they become silent, tricky, and dances around our questions and concerns. May Allah swt punish these hypocrites!

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion

The best thing we can do is NOT protest in violent ways, not issue death threats - but to remain calm and simply make du'a that this man meets his punishment at the Hands of Allah swt Insha'allah.

Whatever Allah swt has in store for him will be far worse than whatver any of us can do to him

We can hate him and people like him with every inch of our heart and soul and we can ask Allah swt to curse him for his open definace and insult to our beloved Prophet pbuh and deen.

Subhana'Allah sister, macha'allah I totally agree with you

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Please do not give him the satisfaction of a reaction. We know he will be severely delt with by Allah subhana talla. We need to ask for forgiveness from Allah subhana talla, as we happen to be residing on Earth at the same time as this vile creature. He will simply disappear into the woodwork within a week. We simply have toask Allah to bless the Prophet (swas).

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

Its NOT ok to express revolt at homosexuality... but its absolutely fine to insult 1.5 billion Muslims world wide..?!! what do these pigs who insult our faith get in the way of restriction/discipline, absolutely nothing :mad: i agree with Humblewun!

If anything similar was directed towards Jews, the person in question would most probably be accused of being a neo-nazi

Yeh totally! The person would be accused of 'New-Anti-semitism' which by definition is...the concept of a new 21st-century form of antisemitism emanating simultaneously from the left, the right, and fundamentalist Islam

Yep...Islam is in the actual definition :D

Theres absolutely nothing wrong in demonstrating against such things...why...? demonstrations were supposed to be a 'healthy' feature of a democratic society! lol.

Make Du'a cos its the least we can do.

اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ، اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ، وَأَذِلَّ الشِّرْكَ وَالمُشْرِكِينَ وَدَمِّرْ أَعْدآءَ الدِّينِ وَاحْمِ حَوْزَةَ الإسْلامِ يَا رَبَّ العَالَمِينَ

اللهُمَّ انْصُرْ دِينَكَ وَكِتَابَكَ وَسُنَّةَ نَبِيِّكَ وَعِبادَكَ المُوَحِّدينَ​

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

We can not live by what they consider to be democratic. That is a problem with Muslims today. Islam is more than a political system. Hit them where it hurts. Boycott their products.

kayleigh

Honestly, I find that Swedish Muslim woman and what she said to be more offensive than any stupid cartoon.

A

abdul ghaleeb

the just did this to provoke us.....
bull crap and their freedom of speech
jerks

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
::Ahmed spits on Vilk's car::

::Ahmed then gets arrested for terrorism::

::Ahmed is paraded on global television::

::Ahmed is found guilty of conspiring to commit terrorism::

::Ahmed is sentanced to death!::

::Ahmed miraculously escapes their plans! Whoa! Alhamdulilah!::

::Ahmed returns to spit on Vilk's car::

Shannonx

They WANT muslims to start jumping up and down screaming death threats and burning effigies and waving banners. They WANT us to be so angry we will commit sins and they WANT us to give OURSELVES a bad impression of Islam and muslims

Wallahi, these people are so sick that they take delight when we jump up and down and protest agressivley and some of us get locked up for it.

But we should NOT wave banners calling for his beheading - because this is what HE WANTS, this would give him nothing more than great satisfaction because in the eyes of others, we look like violent aggessive people and it gives them more ammunition to create hate against us and drive people away from the Truth.

We must think how we portray our Islam to others when we react like this. We must think what is best for Allah swt - to scream and threaten and give bad impression no matter how good our intention - or to control our desires, hate him with our hearts and retain our dignity and in doing so insha'allah attract more people to Islam with our self-control and gentleness and calm. What is more impressive that that?

The best way to get back at this d*g is to attract more people to Islam insha'allah with our best behaviour - that is what he is trying NOT to make happen. Lets not give him the satisfaction of giving him what he wants - he wants us to react badly in order that we harm ourselves.

Allah swt will deal with him and he will get all that he deserves insha'allah.

I agree with you sis 100%

apocalypse77

since he is drawing depictions of muhammed in a dog, and if the muslims were to be making alot of noise just like the dogs, wont thatr jsut make him rest his case?

i think we should BOYCOTT all of swedish goods!!

sajjuaiah

As-salaam Alaikum,

May Allah put throw him deep into hell.

May Allah show him sufferings and pain in this life and hereafter.

I hate this people calling as so called freedom. (Stupid)

Hearting Muslims - is it freedom.

If muslims will react they will make propaganda (Oh Muslims are terrorists and trouble makers). Who are actually terrorists and trouble makers.
May Allah throw them in jahanum.

Surah 2 Al-Baqrah.
11. And when it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "We are only peace-makers."
12. Verily! They are the ones who make mischief, but they perceive not.

Lanat-Allah Al-Yahood wa Nasara Al-Zalimoon.

:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: