non-muslim here

Rawju

As you can see I am undecided.
I am married to a Muslim. I have been catholic , but not practicing. One day I went to church and I was refused "reconciliation" (confession) because my marriage was not with the church. I was appalled.
I could not understand how they could "with hold" Gods love and forgiveness from a person? I dont recall Jesus doing that. I have also had a problem with the belief that Jesus was "Gods".
I have just been so confused over all this. I was hoping to talk to some converts and their take on things. Thanks.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Hello,

I'd like to welcome you to the site and glad to have you here. We have lots of members who are reverts and Inshaa'Allaah they can help you. In the mean time you may want to browse on our New Muslim Videos and articles. May Allaah swt guide you AMEEN. :)

Hannah123

One Truth
Hi Rawju,
I am a revert or convert to Islam from christianity. I can only say to you do not stop questioning. The truth is out there and if God wills it you will come to it and you will embrace it and it will embrace you back. I never fully understood how one could take a man (Jesus, peace be upon him) as a god especially the God. There is only One God and He has no need for a son. If you have any questions please ask, I love talking about Islam so bring 'em on.

May God open your heart and mind and eyes to the straight path. Ameen
Hannah

sajjuaiah

I am married to a Muslim. I have been catholic , but not practicing. One day I went to church and I was refused "reconciliation" (confession) because my marriage was not with the church. I was appalled.
I could not understand how they could "with hold" Gods love and forgiveness from a person? I dont recall Jesus doing that. I have also had a problem with the belief that Jesus was "Gods".
I have just been so confused over all this. I was hoping to talk to some converts and their take on things. Thanks.

Hello there,

You're most welcome to this beautiful communtiy.

You are at the right direction, Please continue and read below.

Thanks

Position of Jesus (peace be on him) in Islam:

(i)
Islam is the only non-Christian faith, which makes it an article of faith to believe in Jesus (pbuh). No Muslim is a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus (pbuh).

(ii)
We believe that he was one of the mightiest Messengers of Allah (swt).

(iii)
We believe that he was born miraculously, without any male intervention, which many modern day Christians do not believe.

(iv)
We believe he was the Messiah translated Christ (pbuh).

(v)
We believe that he gave life to the dead with God’s permission.

(iv)
We believe that he healed those born blind, and the lepers with God’s permission.

II
CONCEPT OF GOD IN CHRISTIANITY:

Jesus Christ (pbuh) never claimed Divinity

One may ask, if both Muslims and Christians love and respect Jesus (pbuh), where exactly is the parting of ways? The major difference between Islam and Christianity is the Christians’ insistence on the supposed divinity of Christ (pbuh). A study of the Christian scriptures reveals that Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity. In fact there is not a single unequivocal statement in the entire Bible where Jesus (pbuh) himself says, "I am God" or where he says, "worship me". In fact the Bible contains statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in which he preached quite the contrary. The following statements in the Bible are attributed to Jesus Christ (pbuh):

(i) "My Father is greater than I."
[The Bible, John 14:28]

(ii) "My Father is greater than all."
[The Bible, John 10:29]

(iii) "…I cast out devils by the Spirit of God…."
[The Bible, Mathew 12:28]

(iv) "…I with the finger of God cast out devils…."
[The Bible, Luke 11:20]

(v) "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgement is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."
[The Bible, John 5:30]

The Mission of Jesus Christ (pbuh) – to Fulfill the Law

Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity for himself. He clearly announced the nature of his mission. Jesus (pbuh) was sent by God to confirm the previous Judaic law. This is clearly evident in the following statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in the Gospel of Mathew:

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."
[The Bible, Mathew 5:17-20]

God Sent Jesus' (pbuh)

The Bible mentions the prophetic nature of Jesus (pbuh) mission in the following verses:

(i)
"… and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me."
[The Bible, John 14:24]

(ii)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has sent."
[The Bible, John 17:3]

Jesus Refuted even the Remotest Suggestion of his Divinity

Consider the following incident mentioned in the Bible:

"And behold, one came and said unto him, ‘Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?’

And he said unto him, ‘Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.’ "
[The Bible, Mathew 19:16-17]

Jesus (pbuh) did not say that to have the eternal life of paradise, man should believe in him as Almighty God or worship him as God, or believe that Jesus (pbuh) would die for his sins. On the contrary he said that the path to salvation was through keeping the commandments. It is indeed striking to note the difference between the words of Jesus Christ (pbuh) and the Christian dogma of salvation through the sacrifice of Jesus (pbuh).

Jesus (pbuh) of Nazareth – a Man Approved of God

The following statement from the Bible supports the Islamic belief that Jesus (pbuh) was a prophet of God.

"Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know."
[The Bible, Acts 2:22]

The First Commandment is that God is One

The Bible does not support the Christian belief in trinity at all. One of the scribes once asked Jesus (pbuh) as to which was the first commandment of all, to which Jesus (pbuh) merely repeated what Moses (pbuh) had said earlier:

"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adonai Ikhad."

This is a Hebrew quotation, which means:

"Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord."
[The Bible, Mark 12:29]

It is striking that the basic teachings of the Church such as Trinity and vicarious atonement find no mention in the Bible. In fact, various verses of the Bible point to Jesus’ (pbuh) actual mission, which was to fulfill the law revealed to Prophet Moses (pbuh). Indeed Jesus (pbuh) rejected any suggestions that attributed divinity to him, and explained his miracles as the power of the One True God.

Jesus (pbuh) thus reiterated the message of monotheism that was given by all earlier prophets of Almighty God.

NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version.

III
CONCEPT OF GOD IN OLD TESTAMENT:

God is One

The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh):

"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad".
It is a Hebrew quotation which means:
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord"
[The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4]

Unity of God in the Book of Isaiah

The following verses are from the Book of Isaiah:

(i)
"I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour."
[The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]

(ii)
"I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no God besides me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 45:5]

(iii)
"I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]

Old Testament condemns idol worship

(i)
Old Testament condemns idol worship in the following verses:

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Exodus 20:3-5]

(ii)
A similar message is repeated in the book of Deuteronomy:

"Thou shalt have none other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that in the earth beneath, or that is in the water beneath the earth."

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Deuteronomy 5:7-9]

INTRODUCTION

Similarities / Similar Teachings in the Qur’an and

the Bible which Muslims follow but Christians don't

I
ISLAM

DEFINITION

A.
Meaning of Islam

(i)
Islam is derived from the word salaam meaning peace.

(ii)
Submission to the Will of Allah (swt) i.e. God Almighty.

B.
Meaning of ‘Muslim’ – One who submits his will to Allah.

C.
Islam is not a new religion found by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

MESSENGERS IN ISLAM

A.
(i)
To every nation was sent a Guide or a Messenger
Al-Qur'an 35:24
Al-Qur'an 13:7

(ii)
25 Prophets mentioned by name in the Qur'an

(iii)
Islam is the only non-Christian faith that believes in Jesus (pbuh)

(iv)
Stories only of some prophets mentioned in Qur'an
Al-Qur'an 4:164
Al-Qur'an 40:78

(v)
More than 1,24,000 Messengers according to Hadith

B.
(i)
Previous Messengers were only sent for their people and nation and their complete message was meant only for a particular time period.

(ii)
Moses (pbuh) was only sent for the Jews.

(iii)
Jesus (pbuh) sent only for the Jews i.e. lost sheep of Israel.
Al-Qur'an 3:49
Mathew 10:5-6
Mathew 15:24

(iv)
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is the Last and Final Messenger for the
Whole of Mankind.
Al-Qur'an 33:40
Al-Qur'an 21:107
Al-Qur'an 34:28
Sahih Bukhari Vol.1 Book of Salaah Chapter 56 Hadith No. 429

(v)
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) prophesised in the Bible.
Al-Qur'an 7:157
Al-Qur'an 61:6
Deuteronomy 18:18
Isaiah 29:12
Song of Solomon 5:16
John 16:7
John 16:12-14

REVELATIONS OF GOD

A.
Several Revelations sent by Allah – Al-Qur'an 13:38.
By name only four are mentioned in the Qur’an.

B.
(i)
The Qur’an is the Last and Final Revelation.

(ii)
All previous Revelations before Qur'an were only sent for a particular group of people and for a particular time period

(iii)
The Qur’an was Revealed for the Whole of Mankind
Al-Qur'an 14:1
Al-Qur'an 14:52
Al-Qur'an 2:185
Al-Qur'an 39:41

II
PILLARS OF ISLAM:

Tauheed: Monotheism

A.
La ilaha ilallahu, Muhammad-ur-Rasoolullah
Sahih Bukhari Vol. 1 Hadith No. 7

B.
Believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels and the Book and the Messengers.
Al-Qur'an 2:177

C.
Come to common terms — Worship of one God
Al-Qur'an 3:64

D.
Concept of God
Al-Qur'an 112:1-4
Deuteronomy 6:4
Mark 12:29

E.
Shirk – Biggest Sin
Al-Qur'an 4:48
Al-Qur'an 4:116
Exodus 20:2-5
Deuteronomy 5:7-9

F.
Jesus (pbuh) not God. He never claimed Divinity
Al-Qur'an 5:72
John 14:28
John 10:29
Mathew 12:28
Luke 11:20
John 5:30
Acts 2:21

G.
99 Attributes of Almighty God
Al-Qur'an 17:110

H.
Prefer using name ‘Allah’ rather than the word ‘God’ as the word ‘God’ can be played around with. Allah in the Bible – Eli, Eli, Lama Sabachthani
Mark 15:34
Mathew 27:46

Salaah

A.
Not merely Prayers but Programming
Al-Qur'an 5:90
Al-Qur'an 2:188

B.
Prayers restrain you from shameful and unjust deeds

Al-Qur'an 29:45

C.
Salaah timings – for healthy soul five times a day
. Al-Qur'an 17:78
Al-Qur'an 20:130

D.
Take off shoes before entering mosque.

(i)
Commandment of Allah to Moses
Al-Qur'an 20:11-12
Exodus 3:5
Acts 7:33

(ii)
Can Pray with Shoes.
Sunan Abu Dawood – Vol. 1, Book of Salaah, Chapter 240,
Hadith No. 652-653.

(iii)
Hygienic

E.
Ablution

(i)
Al-Qur'an 5:6
Exodus 40:31-32
Acts 21:26

(ii)
Hygienic

(iii)
Mental Preparation

F.
Stand shoulder to shoulder, while praying –
Sahih Bukhari – Vol. 1, Book of Adhan Chapter 75 Hadith no. 692
Abu Dawood – Vol. 1, Book of Salaah Chapter 245 Hadith No. 666.

G.
Sujud – Prostration

(i)
To humble your mind, humble your body

(ii)
Sujud mentioned 92 times in the Qur’an
Al-Qur'an 3:43
Al-Qur'an 22:77

(iii)
Prostration in the Bible
Genesis 17:3; Numbers 20:6
Joshua 5:14; Mathew 26:39

Zakaah

A.
Meaning: Purification and Growth

B.
Description: 2.5% of saving every lunar year in charity
Al-Qur'an 9:60

C.
If every human being gives Zakaah, not a single person will die of hunger.

D.
"Wealth does not circulate only amongst the wealthy and the rich"
Al-Qur'an 59:7

E.
I Peter 4:8

SAUM - FASTING

A.
Description – one lunar month i.e. during the month of Ramadaan every lunar year, Muslims fast, i.e. abstain from food and drinks from sunrise till sunset.

B.
Benefits: learn self restraint. If you can control your hunger you can control almost all your desires. It enhances spiritual awareness.
Al-Qur'an 2:183

C.
Medical Benefits:

(a)
Increases absorption capacity of intestines

(b)
Lowers cholestrol.

D.
Discourages smoking, alcoholism and other addictions.

E.
Bible prescribes Fasting
Mathew 17:21
Mark 9:29

HAJJ

A.
Description – Pilgrimage atleast once in life time if you can afford it

B.
Universal Brotherhood – 2.5 million people from all over the world gather, wear two pieces of unsewn cloth, preferably white. Cannot differentiate between rich and poor.
Al-Qur'an 49:13

C.
Significance of Kaaba – Muslims don’t worship it
Psalms 84:4-7

III
ISLAM IS A COMPLETE WAY OF LIFE
These five pillars do not constitute complete Islam. Only if the pillars are strong, will the structure be strong.

HUMANS CREATED TO WORSHIP ALLAH

A.
Jinn and Man created for worship of Allah
Al-Qur'an 51:56

B.
Meaning of Ibadaah – root word Abd meaning ‘slave’.

OBEYING COMMANDMENTS OF ALLAH IS SUBMITTING YOUR WILL TO ALLAH

A.
Abstaining from alcohol
Al-Qur'an 5:90
Proverbs 20:1
Ephesians 5:18

B.
Abstaining from prohibited food
Al-Qur'an 5:5
Al-Qur'an 2:173, 5:3, 6:145, 16:115

(i)
Dead meat
Leviticus 17:15
Deuteronomy 14:21

(ii)
Blood
Genesis 9:4, Leviticus 17:14, Deuteronomy 12:16,
I Samuel 14:33, Acts 15:29

(iii)
Pork is prohibited
Leviticus 11:7-8
Deuteronomy 14:8
Isaiah 65:2-5

(vi)
Food on which names beside Allah have been invoked
Acts 15:29; Revelation 2:14

C.
(i)
Being Honest in your Business

(ii)
Helping Neighbours
Al-Qur'an 107:1-7

(iii)
Abstaining from Backbiting
Al-Qur'an 104:1-3
Al-Qur'an 49:11-12

(iv)
Obeying and Respecting Parents
Al-Qur'an 17:23, 24

(v)
Celibacy or Monasticism is prohibited in Islam
Sahih Bukhari: Vol. 7 Book of Nikah, Chapter No. 3, Hadith No. 4

(vi)
Loving, being Kind and Just to your Wife
Al-Qur'an 4:19

(vii)
Abstaining from Adultery
Al-Qur'an 17:32

D.
Dressing Modestly

(i)
Al-Qur'an 24:30
Mathew 5:27-28

(ii)
Al-Qur'an 24:31

(iii)
Six Criteria for Hijab in Islam
Deuteronomy 22:5
I Timothy 2:9 e.g. of Mary
I Corinthians 11:5-6

E.
Circumcision
Acts 7:8
John 7:22
Luke 2:21

F.
In short, every Muslim should follow all the Commandments of Allah (swt) and His Messenger Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and abstain from the things they have prohibited.

CONCLUSION

(a)
If Christian is a person who follows the teachings of Christ (pbuh) and not one who worships Christ (pbuh). (We are more Christian than the Christians themselves).

(b)
Muslim is a person who submits his will to Allah.
Jesus (pbuh) said, "not my will but thy will be done." i.e. Muslim.
John 5:30

(c)

Al-Qur'an 5:82

sajjuaiah

Please read.

Thanks

THE RELIGION OF ISLAM

The first thing that one should know and clearly understand about Islam is what the word "Islam" itself means. The religion of Islam is not named after a person as in the case of Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ, Buddhism after Gotama Buddha, Confucianism after Confucius, and Marxism after Karl Marx. Nor was it named after a tribe like Judaism after the tribe of Judah and Hinduism after the Hindus. Islam is the true religion of "Allah" and as such, its name represents the central principle of Allah's "God's" religion; the total submission to the will of Allah "God". The Arabic word "Islam" means the submission or surrender of one's will to the only true god worthy of worship "Allah" and anyone who does so is termed a "Muslim", The word also implies "peace" which is the natural consequence of total submission to the will of Allah. Hence, it was not a new religion brought by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) I in Arabia in the seventh century, but only the true religion of Allah re-expressed in its final form.

Islam is the religion which was given to Adam, the first man and the first prophet of Allah, and it was the religion of all the prophets sent by Allah to mankind. The name of God's religion lslam was not decided upon by later generations of man. It was chosen by Allah Himself and clearly mentioned in His final revelation to man. In the final book of divine revelation, the Qur'aan, Allah states the following:

"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion". (Soorah Al-Maa'idah 5:3)

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah (God) never will It be accepted of Him" (Soorah Aal'imraan 3:85)

"Abraham was not a Jew nor Christian; but an upright Muslim." (Soorah Aal'imraan 3:67)

Nowhere in the Bible will you find Allah saying to Prophet Moses' people or their descendants that their religion is Judaism, nor to the followers of Christ that their religion is Christianity. In fact, Christ was not even his name, nor was it Jesus! The name "Christ" comes from the Greek word Christos which means the annointed. That is, Christ is a Greek translation of the Hebrew title "Messiah". The name "Jesus" on the other hand, is a latinized version of the Hebrew name Esau.

For simplicity's sake, I will however continue to refer to Prophet Esau (PBUH) as Jesus. As for his religion, it was what he called his followers to. Like the prophets before him, he called the people to surrender their will to the will of Allah; (which is Islam) and he warned them to stay away from the false gods of human imagination.

According to the New Testament, he taught his followers to pray as follows: "Yours will be done on earth as it is in Heaven".

THE MESSAGE OF ISLAM

Since the total submission of one's will to Allah represents the essence of worship, the basic message of Allah's divine religion, Islam is the worship of Allah alone and the avoidance of worship directed to any person, place or thing other than Allah.Since everything other than Allah, the Creator of all things, is Allah's creation; it may be said that Islam, in essence calls man away from the worship of creation and invites him to worship only its Creator. He is the only one deserving man's worship as it is only by His will that prayers are answered. If man prays to a tree and his prayers are answered, it was not the tree which answered his prayers but Allah who allowed the circumstances prayed for to take place. One might say, "That is obvious," however, to tree-worshippers it might not be. Similarly, prayers to Jesus, Buddha, or Krishna, to Saint Christopher, or Saint Jude or even to Muhammad, are not answered by them but are answered by Allah. Jesus did nottell his followers to worship him but to worship Allah. As the Qur'aan states:

"And behold Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary Did you say to men, Worship me and my mother as gods besides Allah He will say-"Glory to you I could never say what I had no right (to say')" (Soorah Al-Maa'idah- 5:116)

Nor did he worship himself when he worshipped but rather he worshipped Allah. This basic principle is enshrined in the opening chapter of the Qur'aan, known as Soorah Al-Faatihah, verse 4:

"You alone do we worship and from you alone do we seek help".

Elsewhere, in the final book of revelation, the Qur'aan, Allah also said:

"And your Lord says:"Call on Me and I will answer your(prayer)."(Soorsh Mu'min 40:60)

it is worth noting that the basic message of Islam is that Allah and His creation are distinctly different entities. Neither is Allah His creation or a part of it, nor is His creation Him or a part of Him.

This might seem obvious, but, man's worship of creation instead of the Creator is to a large degree based on ignorance of this concept. It is the belief that the essence of Allah is everywhere in His creation or that His divine being is or was present in some aspects of His creation, which has provided justification for the worship of creation though such worship maybecalled the worship of Allah through his creation. How ever, the message of Islam as brought by the prophets of Allah is to worship only Allah and to avoid the worship of his creation either directly or indirectly. In the Our'aan Allah clearlystates:

"For We assuredly sent amongst every people a prophet,(with the command) worship meand avoid false gods " (Soorsh Al-Nahl 16:36)

When the idol worshipper is questioned as to why he or she bows down to idols created by men, the invariable reply is that they are not actually worshipping the stone image, but Allah who is present within it. They claim that the stone idol is only a focal point for Allah's essence and is not in itself Allah! One who has accepted the concept of the presence of God's being within His creation in any way will be obliged to accept this argument of idolatry. Whereas, one who understands the basic message of Islam and its implications would never concede to idolatry no matter how it is rationalized. Those who have claimed divinity for themselves down through the ages have often based their claims on the mistaken belief that Allah is present in man. They merely had to assert that although Allah according to their false beliefs, is in all of us, He is more present in them than in the rest of us. Hence, they claim, we should submit our will to them and worship them as they are either God in person or God concentrated within the person.

Similarly, those who have asserted the godhood of others after their passing have found fertile ground among those who accept the false belief of God's presence in man. One who has grasped the basic message of Islam and its implications could never agree to worship another human being under any circumstances. God's religion in essence is a clear call to the worship of the Creator and the rejection of creation-worship in any form. This is the meaning of the motto of Islam:

"Laa Elaaha lllallaah" (There is no god but Allah)

Its repetition automatically brings one within the fold of Islam and sincere belief in it guarantees one Paradise.

Thus, the final Prophet of Islam is reported to have said, "Any one who says: There is no god but Allah and dies holding that (belief) will enter paradise".(Reported by Abu Dharr and collected by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim).

It consists in the submission to Allah as one God, yielding to Him by obeying His commandments, and the denial of polytheism and polytheists.

THE MESSAGE OF FALSE RELIGION

There are so many sects, cults, religions, philosophies, and movements in the world, all of which claim to be the right way or the only true path to Allah. How can one determine which one is correct or if, in fact, all are correct? The method by which the answer can be found is to clear away the superficial differences in the teachings of the various claimants to the ultimate truth, and identify the central object of worship to which they call, directly or indirectly. False religions all have in common one basic concept with regards to Allah. They either claim that all men are gods or that specific men were Allah or that nature is Allah or that Allah is a figment of man's imagination.

Thus, it may be stated that the basic message of false religion is that Allah may be worshipped in the form of His creation. False religion invites man to the worship of creation by calling the creation or some aspect of it God. For example, prophet Jesus invited his followers to worship Allah but those who claim to be his followers today call people to worship Jesus, claiming that he was Allah!

Buddha was a reformer who introduced a number of humanistic principles to the religion of India. He did not claim to be God nor did he suggest to his followers that he be an object of worship. Yet, today most Buddhists who are to be found outside of India have taken him to be God and prostrate to idols made in their perception of his likeness.

By using the principle of identifying the object of worship, false religion becomes very obvious and the contrived nature of their origin clear. As God said in the Our'aan:

That which you worship besides Him are only names you and your forefathers have invented for which Allah has sent down no authority: The command belongs only to Allah:

He has commanded that you only worship Him; that is the right religion, but most men do not understand ". (Soorah Yoosuf 12:40)

It may be argued that all religions teach good things so why should it matter which one we follow. The reply is that all false religions teach the greatest evil, the worship of creation. Creation-worship is the greatest sin that man can commit because it contradicts the very purpose of his creation. Man was created to worship Allah alone as Allah has explicitly stated in the Our'aan:

"I have only created Jlnns and men, that they may worship me"(Soorah Zaareeyaat 51:56)

Consequently, the worship of creation, which is the essence of idolatry, is the only unforgivable sin. One who dies in this state of idolatry has sealed his fate in the next life. This is not an opinion, but a revealed fact stated by Allah in his final revelation to man:

"Verily Allah will not forgive the joining of partners with Him, but He may forgive (sins) less than that for whom so ever He wishes"(Soorah An- Nisaa 4:48 and 116)

THE UNIVERSALITY OF ISLAM

Since the consequences of false religion are so grave, the true religion of Allah must be universally understandable and attainable, not confined to any people, place or time. There can not be conditions like baptism, belief in a man, as a saviour etc., for a believer to enter paradise. Within the central principle of Islam and in its definition, (the surrender of one's will to God) lies the roots of lslam's universality. Whenever man comes to the realization that Allah is one and distinct from His creation, and submits himself to Allah, he becomes a Muslim in body and spirit and is eligible for paradise. Thus, anyone at anytime in the most remote region of the world can become a Muslim, a follower of God's religion, Islam, by merely rejecting the worship of creation and by turning to Allah (God) alone-It should be noted however, that the recognition of and submission to Allah requires that one chooses between right and wrong and such a choice implies accountability. Man will be held responsible for his choices, and, as such, he should try his utmost to do good and avoid evil. The ultimate good being the worship of Allah alone and the ultimate evil being the worship of His creation along with or instead of Allah. This fact is expressed in the final revelation as follows:

"Verily those who believe, those who follow the Jewish (Scriptures), the Christians and the Sabians any who believe In Allah and the last day, and work righteousness *hall have their reward with their Lord;They will not be overcome by fear nor grief (Soorah Al-Baqarah 2:62).

If only they had stood by the law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that was sent to them from their Lord, they would have enjoyed happiness from every side. There Is from among them a party on the right course; but many of them follow a course that Is evil.". (Soorah Al-.Maa'idah 5:66)

RECOGNITION OF ALLAH

The question which arises here is, "How can all people be expected to believe in Allah given their varying- backgrounds, societies and cultures? For people to be responsible for worshipping Allah they all have to have access to knowledge of Allah. The final revelation teaches that all mankind have the recognition of Allah imprinted on their souls, a part of their very nature with which they are created.

In Soorah Al-A'raaf, Verses 172-173; Allah explained that when He created Adam, He caused all of Adam's descendants to come into existence and took a pledge from them saying, Am I not your Lord? To which they all replied, " Yes, we testify to It:'

Allah then explained why He had all of mankind bear witness that He is their creator and only true God worthy of worship. He said, "That was In case you (mankind) should say on the day of Resurrection, "Verily we were unaware of all this." That is to say, we had no idea that You Allah, were our God. No one told us that we were only supposed to worship You alone. Allah went on to explain That it was also In case you should say, "Certainly It was our ancestors who made partners (With Allah) and we are only their descendants; will You then destroy us for what those liars did?" Thus, every child is born with a natural belief in Allah and an inborn inclination to worship Him alone called in Arabic the "Fitrah".

If the child were left alone, he would worship Allah in his own way, but all children are affected by those things around them, seen or unseen.

The Prophet (PBUH) reported that Allah said, "I created my servants in the right religion but devils made them go astray". The Prophet (PBUH) also said, "Each child is born in a state of "Fitrah", then his parents make him a Jew, Christian or a Zoroastrian, the way an animal gives birth to a normal offspring. Have you noticed any that were born mutilated?" (Collected by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim).

So, just as the child submits to the physical laws which Allah has put in nature, his soul also submits naturally to the fact that Allah is his Lord and Creator. But, his parents try to make him follow their own way and the child is not strong enough in the early stages of his life to resist or oppose the will of his parents. The religion which the child follows at this stage is one of custom and upbringing and Allah does not hold him to account or punish him for this religion.

Throughout people's lives from childhood until the time they die, signs are shown to them in all regions of the earth and in their own souls, until it becomes clear that there is only one true God (Allah). If the people are honest with themselves, reject their false gods and seek Allah, the way will be made easy for them but if they continually reject Allah's signs and continue to worship creation, the more difficult it will be for them to escape. For example, in the South Eastern region of the Amazon jungle in Brazil, South America, a primitive tribe erected a new hut to house their main idol Skwatch, representing the supreme God of all creation. The homage to the God, and while he was in prostration to what he had been taught was his Creator and Sustainer, a mangy old flea-ridden dog walked into the hut, The young man looked up in time to see the dog lift its hind leg and pass urine on the idol. Outraged, the youth chased the dog out of the temple, but when his rage died down he realized that the idol could not be the Lordof the universe. Allah must be elsewhere. he now had a choice to act on his knowledge and seek Allah, or to dishonestly go along with the false beliefs of his tribe. As strange as it may seem, that was a sign from Allah for that young man. It contained within it divine guidance that what he was worshipping was false.

Prophets were sent, as was earlier mentioned, to every nation and tribe to support man's natural belief in Allah and man's inborn inclination to worship Him as well as to reinforce the divine truth in the daily signs revealed by Allah. Although, in most cases, much of the prophets' teachings became distorted, portions remained which point out right and wrong. For example, the ten commandments of the Torah, their confirmation in the Gospels and the existence of laws against murder, stealing and adultery in most societies. Consequently, every soul will be held to account for its belief in Allah and its acceptance of the religion of Islam; the total submission to the will of Allah.

We pray to Allah, the exalted, to keep us on the right path to which He has guided us, and to bestow on us a blessing from Him, He is indeed the Most Merciful. Praise and gratitude be to Allah,the Lord of the worlds, and peace and blessings be on prophet Muhammed, his Family, his companions, and those who rightly follow them.

Sura Al-Baqarah , Ayat 214
do ye think that ye shall enter the gardin of bliss without such trials as came to those who passed away before you? they encounterd suffreing and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the messenger and those of faith who where with him cried ''when will come the help of allah? Ah verily, the help of allah is allways near.

“And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a
him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever
puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish
purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things”[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

"Whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted from him and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." (Aal 'Imraan: 85).

amir_al_shahid

HI I am also a convert from christianity the protenstantic swedish church.
I never belived in that Jesus should be Gods son cuze God is not a human or animal he dont have children, thats how i felt.

But when i found this surah( chapter) in the Quran I know this is right

Al-Ikhlas
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Say: He is Allah, the One! (1) Allah, the eternally Besought of all! (2) He begetteth not nor was begotten. (3) And there is none comparable unto Him. (4)

umm hussain

Hie

I am a revert. I was born and raised in a Catholic family till roughly 3and a half years ago. Before my reversion I began to question some things about the Catholic church ESPECIALLY 'confessing' to a human being who would at the end tell you to 'go in peace your sins have been forgiven.' It just did not make sense to me.

You can read my reversion story here
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6243&highlight=reversion+story

and
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6661&highlight=catholics

Asman

"Gods love and forgiveness from a person? I dont recall Jesus doing that. I have also had a problem with the belief that Jesus was "Gods".

Salam my dear brother Rawju. Allah had shown you the right path. You have correctly detected the falsification of christian faith. My request to you never utter the word "GOD". Say only ALLAH, The almighty creator and sustainer of this universe. It is utterly disgusting when musims say GOD instead of ALLAH.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother Asman,

You said the following:

My request to you never utter the word "GOD". Say only ALLAH, The almighty creator and sustainer of this universe. It is utterly disgusting when musims say GOD instead of ALLAH.

You're completely wrong.

Please read the following fatwa [religious opinion]. It's found on the website supervised by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid. It's an answer to question no. 41936 [Ruling on using the name ‘Abd al-Ilaah]. The words between the four red stars stars ** ** are found in the English translation of the fatwa, but not in the original Arabic fatwa. They were added by the translators on that website:

Question:

What is the ruling on using the name ‘Abd al-Ilaah? Is this **(al-Ilaah = the God)** one of the names and attributes of Allaah? I hope you will give a detailed answer.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly: One of the things that is liked in giving names is to choose a name that indicates servitude to Allaah i.e., ‘Abd [slave] plus one of the names of Allaah, whether that is ‘Abd-Allaah [slave of Allaah] or the word ‘Abd plus any of the beautiful names of Allaah. The most beloved of such names to Allaah are the names ‘Abd-Allaah and ‘Abd al-Rahmaan (slave of the Most Merciful].

Secondly: It is haraam to give such names that indicate servitude to anyone or anything other than Allaah, such as ‘Abd al-Rasool [slave of the Messenger] or ‘Abd al-Nabi (slave of the Prophet] and so on. See also the answer to question no. 7180.

Thirdly: al-Ilaah in Arabic means “the One Who is worshipped” or “the One Who deserves to be adored and worshipped”. The idols were called aalihah (gods) because the mushrikeen worshipped them instead of Allaah, and claimed that they were deserving of that. See Ishtiqaaq Asma’ Allaah by Abu’l-Qaasim al-Zujaaji, p. 30; Lisaan al-‘Arab, entry for aliha. Some scholars said that the word “Allaah” is derived from the word “al-Ilaah” **(the God)**. This is the view favoured by Ibn al-Qayyim and other scholars, and the initial alif of the word ilaah was elided.

Fourthly: is al-Ilaah one of the names of Allaah, and is it permissible to use it in a name signifying servitude to Him, or not?

The name al-Ilaah is included among the beautiful names of Allaah which are listed in some versions of the hadeeth, “Allaah has ninety-nine names…”, as we see it narrated by al-Bayhaqi in al-Asma’ wa’l-Sifaat, and by al-Haakim. But the list of names in this hadeeth is not the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), according to the scholars who are well-versed in hadeeth, as was mentioned by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, Ibn Katheer, Ibn Hajar and other scholars. See Asma’ Allaah al-Husna by ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Saalih al-Ghusn, p. 170-173

Because the reports which list the names of Allaah are not reliable, many scholars have tried to find these names in the Qur’aan and Sunnah. Among those who included the name al-Ilaah in their lists of the beautiful names of Allaah are: Ibn Mandah, Ibn Hazm, Ibn Hajar, Ibn al-Wazeer and Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on them). See op. cit., 352.

Based on this, then it is acceptable to use the name ‘Abd al-Ilaah, and there is nothing wrong with that, in sha Allah. However it should be noted that this name was not known or widespread in the past. We do not find this name among the Sahaabah, based on what we see in al-Isaabah by Ibn Hajar. We do not find it among the names mentioned in biographies by various authors, such as Fahaaris al-Siyar by al-Dhahabi, Tabaqaat al-Shaafa’iyyah by Ibn al-Subki, Wafiyaat by Ibn Khalkaan, al-Tahdheeb by Ibn Hajar, and others. The first usage of this name that we have come across is ‘Abd al-Ilaah ibn ‘Ali ibn al-Husayn al-Haashimi, who was born in 1331 AH and died in 1377, as mentioned by al-Zarkali in al-A’laam. This is obviously very recent.

Islam Q&A

Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=41936&ln=eng

For this fatwa [religious opinion] in Arabic, click on the following link:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=41936&ln=ara

There are also scholars of Islam who studied the Arabic language and also speak English fluently, and they also use the word "God".

For example, Dr. Blial Philips wrote a book with the title "The True Religion of God". Read more about this book by clicking on the following link:

http://www.bilalphilips.com/bilal_pages.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=282

Another example is Yasir Qadhi's use of the word "God" in his lecture "Perfect Justice in Islam". The following is part 1 and 2 of that lecture. His first use of the word "God" occurs at about 7:10 of part 1 and then he mentions the word several times from that point. You'll notice that he uses the word "Allah" sometimes and "God" other times:

[yt]L5i0KWqasWY[/yt]

[yt]elfq0MPzYiA[/yt]

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Dear brothers and sisters,
Please do not change the subject here. Our sister Rawju wants to talk to or discuss with some converts here. Please refrain from discussing other topics, if you have to then start another thread. Also please do not dump huge posts too. She wants to discuss with her fellow converts/reverts and we need to respect that.
Thanks.
:wasalam:

deen_islam_4ever

deen_islam_4every1
asalaam alaikum
you can read Quran (The Book Of Allah) in this Holy book you can find all answers of your Questions.
May Allah Help You
W/Salaaaaaam

mnemonicus

"Gods love and forgiveness from a person? I dont recall Jesus doing that. I have also had a problem with the belief that Jesus was "Gods".

Salam my dear brother Rawju. Allah had shown you the right path. You have correctly detected the falsification of christian faith. My request to you never utter the word "GOD". Say only ALLAH, The almighty creator and sustainer of this universe. It is utterly disgusting when musims say GOD instead of ALLAH.

Why is it "utterly disgusting" when Muslims say God instead of Allah (swt)?

Allah was an Arabic word before Islam... it is not a word brought by Islam. God and Allah, in my opinion, are just words... I think the spirit and attitude with which we address and invoke God are far more important than if we use Arabic, English, or whatever language...

In your defense, I think it is more appropriate to use the word "Allah" - which means, literally, "The God." Hmmm... Is it the article "The," signifying uniqueness, or one-ness that makes the word Allah better than God? Just a thought...

I could be wrong, and I hope someone would correct me if I am wrong.

halah

Hello

Welcome to this wonderful site,here is a link you'll find many answers for your questions on it.

http://www.sultan.org/