O Somalia, Land of Islam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fardowsa

Simple Muslimah
:salam2:

You are seriously mistaken sister. Do you seriously think that sole purpose of the american invasion of Somalia was to distibute food? 18 american troops were killed during a military operation not a humanitarian one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mogadishu

wasalam

Bro, I don't have to look at wikepedia or any other source for that matter, I know the reason why US and allied forces went into Somalia back in '93, and that was mainly for humanitarian aid....and that was it! They went in to distribute food to the starving ppl that were left in Mogadishu, and some groups led by some world lord (I forget his name) were not allowing the food to get thru to the people, so the foreign troops had to take action to get rid of those specific individuals. Salaams

maymun

"Somalia Land of Islam
People of strong Iman
Somalia graveyard of the crusaders
Who never learn from their past mistakes

They came in 93
To bring peace, justice and democracy
And were dispatched in pieces
After they were exposed for their hypocrisy
Uranium and other resources was the motive"

did you know that only 18 American soldiers died in Somalia vs about 1000+ Somalis. Tell me who won???? I could assure you it was not the Somalis. Anyways, I havent really got the chance to finish reading the rest of the poem cause this few paragraphs kinda ruined it for me. salaams

look sis Americans never tall truth if ten of their soldiers die they say two instead of ten
anyway may allah destroy the enimy of islam and unite all muslim nations under the kitaab of allah and sunnah:tti_sister: :tti_sister:
walaam

maymun

as we muslims we are blaming america or west, to be honest we need to blame our selfes :SMILY209:
whos is helping America to destroy our countries
the answer is muslim leeders coz every is looking their interest
where are the scolers or sheeks of islam most of them they live underground jailed muslim countries waiting shahada or victory <nasr> and they are the real mujaahedin
can any sheekh stand in any muslim land to call the poeple to unite they can't they would be killed or destroyed for ever and trully they are the real mujaahiden
waalahy this is a test, we ask allah to make us steadfast in our faith
and whether we come from a strong tribe we are weak coz tommorow no one is ganna help us but only our good deeds
insha allah we need to change our selfes and our famlies, friends, to make better world in this life and here after
I ask allah lord of the world, Enternal guardian of the heavens and the earths to unite muslim ummah and guide us to the straight path and gether us in the garden of paradise :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

aamed

You know, let me begin by saying that the world has become used to what is called “targeted assassinations” -- in Gaza by Israel, in Afghanistan by NATO, and in Iraq, as well. But let us be clear that all such attacks are illegal under international law. No one has been identified and tried and sentenced. Invariably, lots of innocent people die in such attacks, sometimes scores, as happened recently in Pakistan. So these are illegal attacks. But, in addition, this has escalated this war, begun basically by Ethiopia when they invaded Somalia. And it has opened -- and this is what is so incredulous to me, I find, incredulous that the US has opened another front in the Muslim world. I do not understand what the intention is.

If US was sincere and honest about bringing peace and stability to Somalia then US should have worked with the Islamic Courts Union, which had lots of support and controlled virtually all of southern Somalia. The international community should have engaged, the US -- should have engaged with them to ensure that there was no terror coming out of Somalia. This is completely reckless

But it is also inevitable, because the US, using the issue of terror as the goal to defeat terror, wants to place in Somalia -- and it is succeeding so far -- a client regime, which will go along with what it wishes to do, as happened in Iraq. You know, there’s a strategic region, and they want a client regime in there. And the new regime immediately came out in support of the US attacks, even though it acknowledged that lots of people had been killed who are not terrorists.

Somalia sits at the tip of what is called the Horn of Africa. This is one of the most strategic regions in the world, after the Middle East, because through the Red Sea, you have daily, you know, scores of oil tankers and warships passing back and forth, because of the wars in the Middle East. It also is newly oil-rich. There are extensive reports, terrible reports, that Somalia now also has oil, just like most other countries in the region have.

The US has a huge military base in Djibouti, which is neighboring Somalia. And, in fact, so important is Africa to the US now, especially this region of Africa, which also contains, by the way, Sudan -- you know, there was a big long civil war, brutal civil war, in southern Sudan. There’s another brutal civil war in Darfur in Sudan. Ethiopia itself is a dictatorship. It lost the election last year, but by true force continued to assume power, Meles Zenawi, with the help of the US. The US has very close ties; it’s training the military in Ethiopia. So the US in now going to have a new army command, like CENTCOM, for Africa. There’s never been a US command specifically for Africa, but there’s going to be one now, and it is going to be in the Horn of Africa.

This is a very turbulent region. And the best way to look at this region is to imagine for a second that this very narrow Red Sea doesn’t exist, and then you see that Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea, all these countries are just a few miles from Saudi Arabia and Yemen and Iraq. And so, this region is very much a part of the Middle East, has centuries of trade, and also with India and the countries over there. It's a crossroads. And the US wants to make sure it dominates it fully, and it wanted a client regime in Somalia. And that's what it has managed to do, although I’m sure it's going to be temporary. There is going to be a lot of fighting against this regime.

I mean, the issue here, I think, is this, that anything that has the word “Islam” in it is seen to be an enemy. That seems to be justification enough for them. “Oh, they’re going after the Islamists.” I mean, the reality is that these, what they call Islamists are just Muslims who are pretty traditional. Somalis should be allowed to live as they wish to. I mean, if we want to ban cinemas, that’s our right. If they don’t support it, then they going to start an invasion to say, “Oh, we don’t want such people in power there.” If the Somalis don’t want them in power, that is fine. Let the Somalis work it out for them. But this is madness.

It is in violation also of explicit UN resolutions that the UN itself supported and passed. For example, the new UN resolution that the UN wanted said no troops from neighboring countries should go into Somalia, in case there is a peacekeeping force from the region. And yet, Ethiopia invaded.

muslim56

Human Being
poem

here is one

When a enemy fights
don`t just wait there
beat them up back
if they want to
you knock down hard on the usa ones
they started it you know
there the evilest of all:astag:

mubka

Re:O Somalia Land of Islam!

:jazaak:

Thank you brother for your kind sharing ....

Jazaka-LLaahu-Kheyral Jazaa

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
look sis Americans never tall truth if ten of their soldiers die they say two instead of ten
anyway may allah destroy the enimy of islam and unite all muslim nations under the kitaab of allah and sunnah:tti_sister: :tti_sister:
walaam

wow...this is truly offensive. I understand that you are angry, and are looking at a nation of individuals as a single entity. Americans never tell the truth? This is the same as saying everyone in Saudi Arabia committs adultery.

Please brother, in your hatred of the American government, do not tar all Americans with the same brush.

Oh, and one more thing. This country has freedom of the press. The media would tear apart any administration that tried to lie like that. If you think the media is not brave enough, I have to tell you about our two party system. One side is always looking to diminish the other. So that kind of lie would not stand; the opposing party would make certain of it. If two wish to keep a secret, one of them must die. What you are proposing would require thousands of people maintaining this lie well over a decade.

I do second your du'a that the true enemies of Islam are destroyed and that the ummah is united under the kitaab of Allah (swt), and the sunnah.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
wow...this is truly offensive. I understand that you are angry, and are looking at a nation of individuals as a single entity. Americans never tell the truth? This is the same as saying everyone in Saudi Arabia committs adultery.
QUOTE]

I don't think the sister meant to offend American citizens in any way; but critise the flagrant hypocrisy of the American govern't & media.

Allahu ya'lam

:wasalam:
SisterL.

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Sorry if I over reacted. Sometimes, I feel like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs while I am on this site. I know my country does many bad things, but Islam is the fastest growing religion here. There are many, many Muslims here.

America does not equal shaitan. It is a country with a varied population.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr

I understand your situation!!
It's sad that actually lot of people, including muslims have these ideas that ALL americans are ignorant, racist, anti-muslim people, and i think that's totally wrong.
In every country, society, there are bad and good...... and we have to learn to open our minds a bit more i guess

:wasalam:

Fardowsa

Simple Muslimah
walaam

Are you trying to say that the cassaulties were equal on both sides? I dont think so.

May, Allah accept your duah, and all of our insha allah, and may he unite the followers of the deen of al islam....amiin.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

Come on people, it happened. There's no use arguing about it now. Anyway, we should be looking to the future now, not the bloody past.

wasalam

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu alaykum,

"First of all, I don't think this was a 'victory' for Somalia. They managed to drive the US troops out of Somalia but that was it. Just another bloody phase in the history of Somalia."

Dude are you joking that was a ''victory'' for the Somalia. When you have some people come in your country and you are able to get them out unlike some countries it is/was a big time victory. Don't say it when you were there to see what they did! I am not saying cos it is my country but am saying because i believe if a weak country gets a another country out of their land that is/will always be 'Victory'. Mark my words it is!

P.S. Who are you to judge weater it was a victory or not, In the first place! Goes for all non-somaila people and those who are judging another countries victory!

wasalam :angryblue:

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
P.S. Who are you to judge weater it was a victory or not, In the first place! Goes for all non-somaila people and those who are judging another countries victory!

Hold up....who's to say I'm not Somali?
Secondly, I don't like hearing when people say such things. No one has an exclusive right to talk about any country, whether it be 'your' country, Iraq, Afghanistan or wherever. We are one ummah! No matter what our nationality.

wasalam

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu alaykum,

Oops and i don't mean direct you brother sorry if offended. But I will be honest I judge you from your writing. I do agree no one has the right to talk about other country but you can talk about yours as much as you please.I am sorry again.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
salaam alaykum

Nihm is a sister, ya akhi 'Abdul-Raheem!

I hope we are all doing well insha'Allaah, :SMILY45::wavyarms:(ta, ta, ta).

wasalaam.

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah

O Allah help our brothers and sisters in Somalia and all our sisters and brothers around the world.:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

mahdi

salam

what i don't understand is why the world doesn't see what is going on in somalia, where are the arab people the muslim people, i guess most of them are the bodyguards of bush, i thought musilms were like one body if one finger gets hurt the hole body feels the pain, but it's not happening because muslim countries are afraid of bush.
someone here said the americans don't lie, i am sorry to say this, but the media and the government all lie, now if u look at any news u will see them saying ,ehtiopia is fighting with a teerrorist group who are resisting peace, since when there terrorist in somalia or anyone who is a muslim and folows the quran is terror, the stereotype is what bush is using to destroy and kill innocent muslims.
the government lied when they said the leadres of the islamic courrts had links with al qaida. that was a big a lie , when they cuptured the leader they released him.

Status
Not open for further replies.