Our Prophet Muhammad SAW and his 9 year old wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aisha1989

Asalaam o alaikum brothers/sisters,

I am half pakistani and half white... i know you may think why am i mentioning this. Well growing up i was introduced rarely to my father's (the muslim side) family. I did however go to mosque at a young age but only for a few months. I did manage to learn how to pray and can still some how remember how to read some arabic. It really is amazing how i remember everything so clearly after all these years without having practicing on a regualr basis.
It is indeed Ramadhan now and I've been doing more and more research on islam. I recently just had my mind put at rest with my confusion of men and women in jannah. But i now understand that both desires will be filled... moving on to my actual point - Is it true that our prophet married Aishah (pbuh) at 6 or 9 and also consumated the marriage at this age. If not consumated there was definite talk of molestation. I really don't want to cause any offence but i was so so so saddened to read this. If it's true than i can not change the way i feel about it atall. Inshallah when i become a mother i would never let that happen to my daughter. I really need as much information on this topic as possible. Can this really be? I honestly pray this is all false. And is it also true that Aishah was his brother's daughter? I'm sure that is false. But i need clarification. Please get back to me.

W'salaams.

I am very new to this website which is why i gave a little information about my background... Probably didn't need to but ok. I have ALOT of questions.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

Welcome to the site, and Ramadan Mubaarak. Sister, you do not need to pray that the information is false. I understand exactly why you feel like that. But rather, if you read about the matter, taking into consideration the laws in other Western countries regarding sex and marriage, considering the biology of girls/women and of course considering the customs of the people of earlier times, the whole issue because crystal clear, logical and rational. There is a thread dedicated to the subject which can be found here. I hope it provides the information you are looking for (sorry, it's a long read!). In the mean time I'll try to find a very good pdf article I had on the subject.

Take care,

Was-salaam

Rashadi

Asalaam o alaikum brothers/sisters,

I am half pakistani and half white... i know you may think why am i mentioning this. Well growing up i was introduced rarely to my father's (the muslim side) family. I did however go to mosque at a young age but only for a few months. I did manage to learn how to pray and can still some how remember how to read some arabic. It really is amazing how i remember everything so clearly after all these years without having practicing on a regualr basis.
It is indeed Ramadhan now and I've been doing more and more research on islam. I recently just had my mind put at rest with my confusion of men and women in jannah. But i now understand that both desires will be filled... moving on to my actual point - Is it true that our prophet married Aishah (pbuh) at 6 or 9 and also consumated the marriage at this age. If not consumated there was definite talk of molestation. I really don't want to cause any offence but i was so so so saddened to read this. If it's true than i can not change the way i feel about it atall. Inshallah when i become a mother i would never let that happen to my daughter. I really need as much information on this topic as possible. Can this really be? I honestly pray this is all false. And is it also true that Aishah was his brother's daughter? I'm sure that is false. But i need clarification. Please get back to me.

W'salaams.

I am very new to this website which is why i gave a little information about my background... Probably didn't need to but ok. I have ALOT of questions.

Salaam Aleykom sister,

I don't know if you are still looking for information to this matter or nor but I will answer it anyways since I am a Muslim and will always tell the truth and defend Islam against any lies or misconceptions. Even though Islam is not in need of me defending it, I will still do it because I love my deen and I hate falsehood and misconceptions. I am not calling you a liar but I am talking about people who spread lies and misinformation intentionally. Now to the marriage of Prophet Muhammad (saaws) and Aiysha (ra).

There are numerous reports about the marriage of Aiysha and no one really knows the exact age but it is agreed and thought for the most part that she was 9 years old when she got married. First of all, one must know what and who can get married. In Islam and in all Semitic cultures as well, there is no specific age to get married at. The age of marriage is defined by puberty and maturity. In other words, if a person has reached puberty and wants to get married, he or she may do so, but forced marriage is not allowed. You may have been brought up in the west where the age of marriage is 18 but this is not a law sanctioned by God but it is rather a secular man made law. However, even in the west and in the U.S, this was not always the case. For example a little over a 100 years ago, the age at which a girl could get married at was 10. The state of California was the first to raise the age to 14 at the time. This was not 1000 years ago but barely a century ago.

Marriage was never and should never be defined by a specific age but it involves puberty and maturity. The age of puberty differs from case to case and from person to person. In some areas of the world and in many cases, the ageof puberty ranges between 8 and 18 for females. I am not trying t make excuses to justify the marriage but it is a fact and those who speak on this matter with criticism are doing so out of ignorance or because they are intentionally trying to use it to attack the prophet and Islam. I gurantee that this is the case for the most part.

Before I continue with the marriage of Aiysha, I like to ask you something. Don't you think it is a contradiction and absurd that a person in the west can have a "boy friend" and "girl friend" have "sex" and "fun" as a teenager but it is unlawful to get married at that age? Sex outside of marriage is not allowed in Islam but it is allowed in western cultures and other cultures. Islam is not a culture but it is the religion and way of life that the Creator of the everything has ordained for all of mankind. Furthermore, it is also important to note that there are many states where people can still get married under 18 as long as the parents sign the consent. This is usually kept quiet but this still exists in many states in the U.S.

I am a revert/convert to Islam and both my parents are christians from the Middle East. I can tell you for sure that people in my parent's culture still get married young. My grandmother was 11 the first time she got married and this wasn't 1,400 years ago but barely 75 years ago and she was Christian. In the case of Islam, a person can't be forced into marriage nor is one allowed to get married until puberty. If a female is mature and has reached puberty, she can get married if she choses so. The same goes for males as well. As for Aiysha, even if she was really 9, she chose to marry the prophet, her parents encouraged the marriage, and her father was the Prophet's(saaws) best friend and most of all she had reached puberty. The story itself is told by Aiysha (ra) and anyone who talks of this story must know that the origin of the story itself comes from the bride.

So, for those wishing to attack the prophet, keep in mind that Aiysha told the story not to attack her husband, whom she loved and never spoke badly of, but she told us to know how great of a marriage she had. Furthermore, if any enemy of the prophet Muhammad(saaws) is willing to accept Aiysha as a witness, they must also accept Islam because Aiysha proudly said "La ilaha Ila Allah, Muhammada Rasulullah". If they are unwilling to use her as a reliable source, then they should not bring up anything about her marriage because she didnt tell us the story to attack her husband.

If the marriage was so disgusting or bad, why didn't the enemies of the prophet use that in those day against him? I don't know how much you know Islam but do you know how badly the prophet and his followers were attacked, persecuted, killed, tortured and expelled even? His enemies were looking for anything to expose him and prove he was a false prophet, and would they have let such a thing go unmentioned? What about the Jews and Christians of Arabia? Why were they so silent on this? Why haven't they brought this up to attack the prophet even 200 years ago since they hate him and it was soooo "disgusting"? Could it be because this was a common practice in those days and it even was a 100 years ago in the U.S.? If it were so bad and dirty for a 9 year old, who has reached puberty to get married, would Muslims had even allowed such things to be known today? The prophet didn't allow anyone to keep secrets about him. His life was right open to everyone and he wanted it this way because he was the last prophet and messenger for all of mankind and the Quran tells us that we have a "great example" in him.

So my dear sister in Islam, if you are a Muslima, and if not then my sister in humanity, know the story first before you make a conclusion. If you are ashamed, you are obvioulsy unaware of this matter. Just because man made secular law of today states that a person has to be 18 or over to get married, that does not mean that God sanctioned that kind of law. Islam is submission to the will of God and a Muslim is one who submits to the will of God. We do not make the laws, rules and religion but God made it. We do not worship God on our own desires and terms but the way he requires us to worship Him. There is no law in Islam that says you must marry at 9, 15 or even a 100 years old for that matter. No one is saying that you have to marry an older man nor does your daughter, but I am telling you that the age of marriage is not defined by an actual age but by puberty and maturity. A person can't be forced into marriage and Aiysha (ra) was not forced but it was her own choice, her parents approved and encouraged it and she had reached puberty. There was a lot of wisdom behind the marriage whether you know it or not because Aiysha was a smart young woman and learned from the Prophet (saaws) herself. She is to this day the greatest female scholar in Islamic history and she narrarated thousands of hadiths without any mistakes.

She lived for decades after the prophet without ever speaking bad of her husband and Muslims learned so much from her about Islam. They had such a beautiful relationship, when I read the full story, as a person born and raised with western thoughts, I coul not help it but to cry. One scholar even went as far as saying if the author of Romeo and Juliet knew of this story, he would have chosen it because in the end they both live happily ever after in Paradise! There is nothing for a Muslim to be ashamed of about this marriage and those who feel ashamed are just misinformed and ignorant. This marriage was never mention in order to attack the prophet but would you like to know what happened? Recently in last few decades or so, enemies of Islam have decided to use this to attack our prophet and to make him look like a "child molester" or a "rapist" (astaghfirullah). Those kafirs who started this, and I rarely use the word kafir but I have to in this case, knew full well that this would not carry any water a 100 years ago but it does today because secularism and mankind keep changing laws and making new ones out of arrogance and I assume we are supposed to move along with it.

Well I hate to break it to those, I do not take a man to be the lawgiver but I worship God and this means obeying His laws. If He allows something, then I have no problem with it but if He does not allow something, then I will hate that thing for the sake of Allah. You do not need to be ashamed not am I trying to appologize or in anyway trying to justify the marriage because there is no need to, but I am willing to inform you of this and you can make your own decision afterwards. You do not have to marry young nor does anyone but you can if you choose so and there is nothing wrong with so long as all requirements are met. I personally don't care what a modern atheist or anyone one else thinks of the prophet but I will challenge and refute any lies against Islam with my best abilty. Any Muslim who feels ashamed is either ignorant or misinformed about marriage in history. If you like to, I can give links after links about marriage in the ancient world and even today. It may not be common today for people to marry at a young age but it was in the past and there are still rare cases around the world.

Why do you think a girl can get pregnant and she develops at an early age in many cases? If a person is not supposed to get married until after 18, why didn't God make people reach puberty only after that? Are we wise or is Allah(swt) the most wise? This is proof itself that one does not have to be 18, 19 or 21 to get married but whenever one reaches puberty. If you still disagree with me, then please explain why my non-Muslim sieblings, here in the U.S. are barely 13 years old and already so bad that my mother can't control them? They want to have intercourse from this age and my mother has to go through all kinds of pains to try to stop them. Can any of your doctors, or atheist or anyone else explain what we should do? Or is it maybe because they have reached puberty and they are only experiencing what all humans do? Now, as a Muslim I know what to do but what is a non-Muslim to do about this? They are screwed because they are worshipping other than Allah. That is what is meant by "La ilaha ila Allah". It means Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala is the law giver, king, judge and ruler of the creation. When man becomes arrogant and starts making his/her own laws and way, corruption will be high and good will be low.

I can go on and on about the high rape rate, sexual molestation and other issues facing the west and I can gurnatee you that such things do not happen to practicing and knowledged Muslims and especially when they are living their lives according to the way of Allah. Those who attack the prophet with rape or child molestation are ignorant and actually even guilty of slander. The Prophet Muhammad(saaws) did not rape anyone (astghfirullah) nor was he a pedophile or child molester because he was married. Since when is it a crime to get married or since when is it considered rape when a husband and wife sleep with one another? I encourage you to read up on the story. I will give you links so you can learn more about this beautiful marriage which was common in those days to marry young. Before I end this message, I like yoy to note something. The same people who slander our prophet are guilty of dirty crimes and sins. We see pastors committing adultery with prostitutes and others people's wives. There are thousands of priests molesting young boys and girls. Why aren't such things known amoge Muslims? It is because Islam has solutions and a Muslim is one who fully submits to the will of Allah and lives his life cautious and builds his life around Islam.

Islam is not a mere religion but it is a full way of life, a system and much more. It is the way that God has ordained for mankind and all of the prophets and even the first human beings were Muslims(those who submit to God). This includes Jesus Christ(as). No need to be ashamed but only need to do research. The prophet did not do anything illegal or against Islam. It was a lawful marriage, common in the area and time and it was only recently that the age of marriage was raised. It wasn't raised over night but step by step by human beings. If we are gonna trial our Prophet with 21st century secular man made law, can e throw everyone in jail for drinking alcohol today if it becomes banned tomorrow in the U.S.? Can we punish people for a crime that was not a crime at the time? The answer is no to all of these questions. I will give you some links to learn about Islam.

www.thedeenshow.com
www.islamtomorrow.com
www.islamicity.com

You can also learn on here as well. I hope you are not ashamed nor will you listen to kafirs who only wish to attack Islam. May God increase you knowledge and iman, may He shower His mercy and blessings on you and may He guide us all to the straight path, InshaAllah, Amin.

Ps, please do not take any offense to my reply because I was not attacking you. It is good to ask questions and seek knowledge but I hate liars and people who feed other people with propganda and misonformation out of hatred or prejudice.

BigAk

I am a revert/convert to Islam and both my parents are christians from the Middle East..

Masha' Allah brother Rashadi.. Jazak Allah khair for the valuable information here.. It is well appreciated.

I found your statement above very interesting and thought to ask if you could share with us how you've arrived at embracing Islam. I often wonder why not more "arab" christians revert to Islam despite the great advantage of already knowing the language of the Qur'an and the Islamic culture. Why do you think?

BTW... I am an arab myself.

I hate to sabotage this thread but you may start a new thread and point me to it. That would be nice..

Thank you.. :D

:salam2:

Rashadi

Masha' Allah brother Rashadi.. Jazak Allah khair for the valuable information here.. It is well appreciated.

I found your statement above very interesting and thought to ask if you could share with us how you've arrived at embracing Islam. I often wonder why not more "arab" christians revert to Islam despite the great advantage of already knowing the language of the Qur'an and the Islamic culture. Why do you think?

BTW... I am an arab myself.

I hate to sabotage this thread but you may start a new thread and point me to it. That would be nice..

Thank you.. :D

As Salaam Aleykom my brother,

I would like to thank you for your kind words my brother and I be more than happy to give you my answer, or at least my opinion. My parents are Iraqi Christians and I was born in Germany and have been living in the U.S. for over 14 years now. As far as Arab Christians, from what I can see, I find them very prejudice toward Islam and Muslims. Any person who speaks Arabic, lives with Muslims, and has access to Islamic information, yet chooses not to act upon it is to me just straight prejudice. I wondered about that myself and have tried to give dawa to Christian Arabs but they have been very hostile and biased. I was even banned from a Christian Iraqi web site just for simply telling them I accepted Islam and I was correcting their misconceptions about this beautiful deen.

In my own case, I must say I am thankful that Allah allowed me to be open minded enough to at least stand up for justice. When I was young, I was fed a lot of lies and propaganda and I even believed those things blindly, yet at times I would even defend Muslims if I knew something was wrong. For examble I was always told that RasulAllah (saaws) was a false prophet who lied, and killed people and many other untrue and very nasty things, but I was always shocked at how respectful Muslims were to Jesus and his mother (peace be upon them). So I grew up Christian even though I stopped going to church when I was about 11 but I was still proud of my religion at the time. Even in those days of ignorance, praying to Jesus, God, Mary and whoever else, I never thought of Jesus as God but only prayed to him and others because this is what I was thought. Later I moved to the U.S. and I hardly ever went to church even though I had strong knowledge on the Bible and my religion. Later on I came into contact with some versions of the Protestant Christianity who call themselves "born again" and they try to convert me to their church.

At the time I was not going to church and did not care much. I thought I was good to go just because I was baptized as a baby and I believed in God, but I had no idea what was coming. I use to at times wonder when I saw Muslims pray and really loved how they prayed even though my people were so nasty and hateful toward Islam. Then, my "born again" Christian friend was trying to brainwash me into joining his cult and I visited his church after he begged me for 2 years. He kept on telling me "you need to get saved" and I had been hearing this ever since I came to America about being "saved". Everyone of the people I was running into was telling me he/she is "saved" and I had no idea what they were talking about. We didn't have that in my Christianity(Nestorianism) and I was trying to figure out what was the deal with that. The one who drank and went to clubs, telling me he/she saved, the one who wears short dresses and does as he/she want is saved. Everyone was "saved" so I had to figure out what this was because I thought maybe my church was wrong even though it is older than of their denominations.

I went to their church after having stopped going to any church for years and saw them as not only foolish but they were just another denominaton. Singing, clapping, falling on the ground, I though I was surounded by freaks. They were telling me they were filled with "holy spirit" but I am thinking it was filled with "shayateen" sorry to say it like this lol. After going to their church a few times, they were amazed that I was of Iraqi origin and that I knew the Bible pretty well, they asked me to "convert". I was confused because I told them I am already "Christian" but they said "no" they are the true "doctrine" church and everyone else has got it wrong. I thought for a moment maybe they are right, maybe I am only following family tradition and they are the true Christians. My friend kept telling me that he wants to "convert" me and I kept for some reason resisting as if my heart was telling me they are false too. So, we talked for hours and hours about religion and he was always amazed at my knowledge but could not understand why I wont get "saved".

I stopped going to that church and I continued with my former ways and didn't have a real purpose in life, no answers to any of my thoughts and questions. I just lived like everyone else. Whatever I felt like doing I did and didn't wonder if I would go to hell for because I was thinking in my mind that I am already good to go. I later met an Iraqi friend, who was a shiite unfortunately, but he had a bunch of translations of the Quran. I was visiting his home and while he was taking a shower I was sitting in his living room bored and I a copy of the translation of the Quran. I picked it up out of curiousity just to see what it has to say and I was just amazed. I didn't want to put it down anymore. I ended up keeping the translation and kept reading it. I would keep in my pocket and read it wherever I was. It answered so many of my questions I never thought I could get answers to. It wasn't long that I was convinced that this is the truth. I realized that Islam wasn't a different religion but it was the deen of all the prophets and Muhammad(saaws) was simply the final and yet still a human being and not worshipped.

I was amazed and could not believe it. At that point I considered myself a Muslim and I could not stop learning more and more on Islam. I didn't start praying righta away but I started becoming strict and learning about things to avoid and my life became build around it Alhamdulillah. While my educated Christian friend could not answer or convince me after at least 2 years of trying and brainwashing, a translation of the Quran, did in a such a short time Subhan Allah wa Ta'ala. I thank Allah for having guided me and I strive, hope and pray that I stay on it and my Iman increases and stays high. I don't live among my Christian Iraqi community nor aound my family because it's impossible for them to get along with me.

They make insults and say bad things and I just don't want to lower myself to their level because I do not want to give my deen a bad image if I lose my temper lol. I can't stand it when people lie about Islam or say insults against Rasulallah. I do talk to my sieblings all who are younger than me and I speak to my mother but the rest of her family I don't really speak to. They think I am crazy for reverting and they follo nothing but family tradition. All i can say is may Allah guide them and if not, they'll know Islam was truth on the yawm al qiyama. So This is my brief reversion story for you brother. As far as Arab Christians, I find them very narrow minded, rude and prejudice toward Islam. Of course I am sure there are some good ones among them and may Allah (swt) guide them to the straight path but the only thing i can think of is that they are not informed of Islam and many of them are prejudice.

I don't see how one can live in an Arab country and not know about Islam. Just recently another Iraqi friend of mine reverted to Islam and I was shocked because he was born n raised in Iraq. In my case I was born in the west but he is from Iraq and came to the U.S and found out about Islam. I think it may also have to with some Muslims not doing their parts but they should still read the Quran for themseleves. I ask this all the time and I wonder about Christian Arabs ya Akhi.

I hope I answered you to your satisfaction and if you have more questions just feel free to ask.

Waleykom Salaam

mahdi

salam

I would like to thank you for your kind words my brother and I be more than happy to give you my answer, or at least my opinion. My parents are Iraqi Christians and I was born in Germany and have been living in the U.S. for over 14 years now. As far as Arab Christians, from what I can see, I find them very prejudice toward Islam and Muslims. Any person who speaks Arabic, lives with Muslims, and has access to Islamic information, yet chooses not to act upon it is to me just straight prejudice. I wondered about that myself and have tried to give dawa to Christian Arabs but they have been very hostile and biased. I was even banned from a Christian Iraqi web site just for simply telling them I accepted Islam and I was correcting their misconceptions about this beautiful deen.

In my own case, I must say I am thankful that Allah allowed me to be open minded enough to at least stand up for justice. When I was young, I was fed a lot of lies and propaganda and I even believed those things blindly, yet at times I would even defend Muslims if I knew something was wrong. For examble I was always told that RasulAllah (saaws) was a false prophet who lied, and killed people and many other untrue and very nasty things, but I was always shocked at how respectful Muslims were to Jesus and his mother (peace be upon them). So I grew up Christian even though I stopped going to church when I was about 11 but I was still proud of my religion at the time. Even in those days of ignorance, praying to Jesus, God, Mary and whoever else, I never thought of Jesus as God but only prayed to him and others because this is what I was thought. Later I moved to the U.S. and I hardly ever went to church even though I had strong knowledge on the Bible and my religion. Later on I came into contact with some versions of the Protestant Christianity who call themselves "born again" and they try to convert me to their church.

At the time I was not going to church and did not care much. I thought I was good to go just because I was baptized as a baby and I believed in God, but I had no idea what was coming. I use to at times wonder when I saw Muslims pray and really loved how they prayed even though my people were so nasty and hateful toward Islam. Then, my "born again" Christian friend was trying to brainwash me into joining his cult and I visited his church after he begged me for 2 years. He kept on telling me "you need to get saved" and I had been hearing this ever since I came to America about being "saved". Everyone of the people I was running into was telling me he/she is "saved" and I had no idea what they were talking about. We didn't have that in my Christianity(Nestorianism) and I was trying to figure out what was the deal with that. The one who drank and went to clubs, telling me he/she saved, the one who wears short dresses and does as he/she want is saved. Everyone was "saved" so I had to figure out what this was because I thought maybe my church was wrong even though it is older than of their denominations.

I went to their church after having stopped going to any church for years and saw them as not only foolish but they were just another denominaton. Singing, clapping, falling on the ground, I though I was surounded by freaks. They were telling me they were filled with "holy spirit" but I am thinking it was filled with "shayateen" sorry to say it like this lol. After going to their church a few times, they were amazed that I was of Iraqi origin and that I knew the Bible pretty well, they asked me to "convert". I was confused because I told them I am already "Christian" but they said "no" they are the true "doctrine" church and everyone else has got it wrong. I thought for a moment maybe they are right, maybe I am only following family tradition and they are the true Christians. My friend kept telling me that he wants to "convert" me and I kept for some reason resisting as if my heart was telling me they are false too. So, we talked for hours and hours about religion and he was always amazed at my knowledge but could not understand why I wont get "saved".

I stopped going to that church and I continued with my former ways and didn't have a real purpose in life, no answers to any of my thoughts and questions. I just lived like everyone else. Whatever I felt like doing I did and didn't wonder if I would go to hell for because I was thinking in my mind that I am already good to go. I later met an Iraqi friend, who was a shiite unfortunately, but he had a bunch of translations of the Quran. I was visiting his home and while he was taking a shower I was sitting in his living room bored and I a copy of the translation of the Quran. I picked it up out of curiousity just to see what it has to say and I was just amazed. I didn't want to put it down anymore. I ended up keeping the translation and kept reading it. I would keep in my pocket and read it wherever I was. It answered so many of my questions I never thought I could get answers to. It wasn't long that I was convinced that this is the truth. I realized that Islam wasn't a different religion but it was the deen of all the prophets and Muhammad(saaws) was simply the final and yet still a human being and not worshipped.

I was amazed and could not believe it. At that point I considered myself a Muslim and I could not stop learning more and more on Islam. I didn't start praying righta away but I started becoming strict and learning about things to avoid and my life became build around it Alhamdulillah. While my educated Christian friend could not answer or convince me after at least 2 years of trying and brainwashing, a translation of the Quran, did in a such a short time Subhan Allah wa Ta'ala. I thank Allah for having guided me and I strive, hope and pray that I stay on it and my Iman increases and stays high. I don't live among my Christian Iraqi community nor aound my family because it's impossible for them to get along with me.

They make insults and say bad things and I just don't want to lower myself to their level because I do not want to give my deen a bad image if I lose my temper lol. I can't stand it when people lie about Islam or say insults against Rasulallah. I do talk to my sieblings all who are younger than me and I speak to my mother but the rest of her family I don't really speak to. They think I am crazy for reverting and they follo nothing but family tradition. All i can say is may Allah guide them and if not, they'll know Islam was truth on the yawm al qiyama. So This is my brief reversion story for you brother. As far as Arab Christians, I find them very narrow minded, rude and prejudice toward Islam. Of course I am sure there are some good ones among them and may Allah (swt) guide them to the straight path but the only thing i can think of is that they are not informed of Islam and many of them are prejudice.

I don't see how one can live in an Arab country and not know about Islam. Just recently another Iraqi friend of mine reverted to Islam and I was shocked because he was born n raised in Iraq. In my case I was born in the west but he is from Iraq and came to the U.S and found out about Islam. I think it may also have to with some Muslims not doing their parts but they should still read the Quran for themseleves. I ask this all the time and I wonder about Christian Arabs ya Akhi.

I hope I answered you to your satisfaction and if you have more questions just feel free to ask.

Waleykom Salaam
mashaa allah brother, i am thank full that allah guided you to islam. you explained the marriage of Aisha very well, and your story was very touching.

mahdi

salam

Waleykom Salaam
mashaa allah brother, i am thank full that allah guided you to islam. you explained the marriage of Aisha very well, and your story was very touching.

radwan

jazairy
Your brother Fi Allah

I am so prou of you my dear brother and may Allah give you more Iman.

Your brother from el jazayer.

a_stranger

:salam2:all
Islam is the true religion of Allah the creator of all....Islam is a perfect way for humans to live a pure decent life .........the westren style of life don`t go with the fitra which is our pure esance with which we were born .....Allah swt created everything with a wisdom when a girl is matured enough she can marry whatever her age ....This is the way our grandfathers ang grandmothers live ....they were more secure and happy .....now the westrn civilization is making unfair restrictions on legal marriage while opening the doors widly for illegal relations ......muslems should be brilliant and try to understand.and Allah swt knows best

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Waleykom Salaam

Your story made me tear up brother...sobhanallah...if Allah wills guidance for someone...even before they are guided..it is as if they are *prepared* for it ahead of time...

I just would like to ask you...if you don't mind...

Is your family from Mosul, Iraq originally?

I am wondering because I am from Mosul..and Mosul has the largest Christian community in all of Iraq...they are mostly Chaldeans..Assyrians..Orthodox..and Ya'aqobyeen (my mom tells me that they are *very* similar to Muslims in belief..sobhanallah)...

My parents are really good friends with two Chaldean families...they are some of the nicest people..and they even swear on the Qura'an and the prophet (pbuh) along with the injeel and Sayidina Isa when they try to make a point to my parents (I know it's wrong..and have asked my parents to stop them from doing that nicely..but it's kinda interesting you know?)

I hope that Allah guides your family to Islam just as He had guided you..and may He (swt) grant you the knowledge and the blessing to aid them through it :)

:wasalam:

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
a132efc765c6.gif

Asalamu Alikum wahmrtu Allah wabrkatu May Allah bless you sister and increase your and our knowledge ameen
Insha Allah here will be the answer for your question.

Introduction.
1-Child brides as young as 8 were common, not exceptions, among the Byzantine emperors and nobility.

2 - A picture of a 9-year old girl giving birth in Thailand.
12-year old in Romania getting married.
3- Was Aisha engaged to someone else before she got engaged to Muhammad?
4- The Middle Eastern and other Cultures.
5- What about Aisha's parents (mom and dad), are they too "Child Molesters"?
6- More on Aisha's Marriage and its acceptance by the Arab culture back then.
7- But still, she is considered a child in our standards today!
8- Was Muhammad a pedophile?
9- The life span 1400 years ago was short.

10- What about Mary, Jesus' Mother peace be upon both of them? How old was she when she got pregnant? According to the Bible only ( Alhamdullah we as a muslim we believe on Mary peace be upon here is the most pure woman and she was virgin).
11- Joseph, Mary's husband, was "90 years old" when he married 12 to 14-year old Mary! Was he too a pedophile? (According to the bible ) In Islam Alhamdullah we love Mary and Jesus as a prophet peace be upon him In Quran the only chapter in woman name is Mary peace be upon her

12- What about the Bible's Prophets' marriages?( According the bible)

Aisha in Islam:

Let's discuss the age of Aisha being 9 when she married our Prophet in Islam!

First of all, it is important to know:

Aisha's parents were the ones who married her to our Prophet, and that no Muslim or even pagan objected to the marriage because it was widely practiced. And even until today in 3rd world countries (Muslims and non-Muslims), little girls as young as 9 or 10 do get married. Anyway, the reason no one objected was to the Prophet's marriage was:

People used to have very short life-spans in Arabia. They used to live between 40 to 60 years maximum. So it was only normal and natural for girls to be married off at ages 9 or 10 or similar.

Marriage for young girls was widely practiced among Arabs back then, and even today in many third-world non-Muslim and Muslim countries. See the following examples: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7], etc...

Child brides as young as 8 (eight) were common among the Byzantine emperors and nobility!

The article specifically says they were common and not exceptions!
It is important to know that girls during the Biblical and Islamic days used to be married off at young ages when they either had their first periods, or their breasts start showing off. In other words, when they turn into "women", then they get married off. It was quite different for men on the other hand, because physical power and the ability of living an independent life had always been and will always be a mandatory requirement for men to have in life. So men waited much longer than women in terms of getting married. The guy had to develop both his body and mind before he was ready for marriage. That is why you see girls as young as 9 or 10 were married to men as old as 30 or even older. The culture back then and in many third world countries today (NON-MUSLIM ONES TOO) is quite different than what you live in today.

Prophet Muhammad's marriage with Aisha was 100% legal and acceptable by all laws and Divine Religions!

So to call Prophet Muhammad a pedophile for marrying a girl that was OFFERED TO HIM by her parents and was accepted by all of the people back then including the enemies of Islam, the pagans, is quite absurd.

The pedophilia in the bible was quite different, because girls were raped at 3-years of age by Moses and his men.
Also, in Exodus 21:7-11 as further elaborated on below, girls were sold off as slave girls by their own fathers to other men. So most certainly, no one is qualified to call the Prophet of Islam a pedophile!Young girls in the Bible and Jewish Talmud. Let's look at two main points in the Bible:
1- 3-year old slave girls were forced into sex under the Mosaic Law in the Bible.
2- Fathers can sell their daughters as slave girls to other men in the Bible.

1- 3-year old slave girls were forced into sex under the Mosaic Law in the Bible:

Pedophilia with 3-year old slave girls in the Bible!
Forcing 3-year old slave girls into sex during the Mosaic Law in the Bible (click here)

Also today, the Jewish law for marriage sets the age of consent for females at 11. (Consent is only one way of marriage) I do not know if modern Jewish law still allows (in theory) betrothal by intercourse as it was practiced in ancient times.

Thirty years ago, the renowned sexologist R.E.L. Masters and Allan Edwardes said in their study of Afro-Asian sexual expression (_The Cradle of Erotica_, Julian Press, New York:1962) said, "Today, in many parts of North Africa, Arabia, and India, girls are wedded and bedded between the ages of five and nine; and no self-respecting female remains unmarried beyond the age of puberty."

**** Also, the age consent in the US and Europe only 100 years ago for girls' marriage was as little as 10, and some popular men figures married little girls who were as young as their daughters.
I have provided the Western links and proofs.

Also, the fact that there is no AGE LIMIT to how girls in the Bible were sold off and married off to other men, WITHOUT ANY CHOICE, who were much much older than them as also the case with the Biblical Prophets who married 100s of wives each clearly proves the hypocrisy of some Christians who attack Islam through Aisha's very young age, while they clearly ignore the same fact in their own Bible. Here is a sample of the 100s of wives of the Biblical Prophets:

In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry

In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines

In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

Please visit: Aisha was "9" when she married our Prophet. If this is weird or unacceptable to you, then are BOTH HER PARENTS and the whole Arabs' culture BACK THEN also guilty for giving her and others like her in marriage to other men, 1500 years ago?

Even today, girls in many third-world countries are married off at the same or similar age. Also, it is believed by many Jews and Roman Catholics that Mary was 12 - 14 when she had Jesus. Also as I said, the Biblical Prophets who had 100s of wives each most probably married young girls as well.

Also, what about Aisha's PARENTS (MOM AND DAD)? Didn't they see it right and fit to marry their daughter at that age and at that time? Who are we to judge?A picture and news paper article about a 9-year old girl from Thailand gave birth

A 12-year old Christian girl getting married in Romania

Also as I said, didn't the Biblical Prophets marry 100s of wives each? Is it possible that some of those wives were little girls as well? It's both highly probable and possible!

Child brides as young as 8 (eight) were common among the Byzantine emperors and nobility!

3- Was Aisha engaged to someone else before she got engaged to Muhammad?
I was told that Aisha was already engaged to a non Muslim man named Jober Ibn Al-Moteam Ibn Oday. Back then, the people of Mecca did not object to Aisha's engagement to Jober because she was physically big enough and tall enough to be considered for marriage. Her parents saw that and they engaged her to Jober.

The only reason why Aisha's father, Abu Baker Al Siddeek, broke her engagement with Jober is because he was a non-Muslim. Later, a woman named Kholeah Bint Hakeem suggested for Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him to marry Aisha, because the Prophet and Abu Baker became best friends. Prophet Muhammad engaged Aisha for 2 years before he married her.

All Muslim scholars agree 100% that Prophet Muhammad and Aisha were engaged for 2 years before marriage. However, some say that she was 7 when she got engaged, and 9 when she got married. Others say that she was 9 when she got engaged and 11 when she got married.

I personally think that it makes more logical sense to say that she was 9 when she got engaged to Prophet Muhammad and 11 when she got married, because if she were 7 when she got engaged to the Prophet, then how old was she when she first got engaged to Jober? I don't think she was big enough and mature enough to get engaged with Jober before the age of 7. I don't think her parents would have allowed it.

4- The Middle Eastern and other Cultures: If you take the time to study a little bit about the history of the tribes in South America, Middle East, Africa, India and the far eastern Oriental countries 1400 years ago, you would find that many tribes even until today (as shown in the Thai girl's and the 12-year old Romanian girl links above) allow the marriage of females at a very young age.

Do you think it is fair for you to come today and attack our beloved Prophet and call him a child molester when nobody 1400 years ago from his tribe had objected to his marriage? Not even the Pagans of Mecca, nor the Jews and Christians of Medina ever objected to it or used it as a point against Islam as anti-Islamic do today.

We all need to understand the culture that we are talking about. Life in the Middle East is a very simple one. It is a lot simpler than what our brain can imagine, because the simplest to us here in America may be a very difficult or complicated thing to them in the Middle East especially for those folks who live in tribes in the rural areas where they don't have TV, electricity, or any electrical equipment. They live on natural water and survive on what they have available from fruits, vegetables and animals as food.

Parents look at the girl's physical appearance when they prepare her for marriage. They don't care about her age. She could be 9 or 13, it doesn't matter.

5- What about Aisha's parents (mom and dad), are they too "Child Molesters"?
Since Aisha's parents both approved of her engagement with Jober and later approved to her marriage to Muhammad, is it fair for anyone to call her mom and dad and former fiancée and whole tribe all child molesters? I think whoever does that would be out of his mind and needs to study a little history about the Middle East.

Let us look at the following narration:
Narrated Aisha: "The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Alright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Merits of the Helpers in Madinah (Ansaar), Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)"
Notice here that Aisha's mother and the Muslim women back then were ok with her marriage. It was part of the Arab custom and still is in many of the Muslim and non-Muslim countries today for girls to marry at a very young age. When a girl's body starts showing up (her breasts and her height and physical size), then she would be ready for marriage.

6- More on Aisha's Marriage and its acceptance by the Arab culture back then:

Below are the points that perhaps could be of some use in the defense of the marriage of Lady Aisha to our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him). You would know if they are good enough to be utilize, insyallah :

"Firstly - if indeed the marriage of Lady Aisha was something which was despicable even at that time and in that culture, this fact would never have been recorded for posterity and all efforts to conceal or cloud it would have been undertaken.

But the fact that this hadith had reached us after it was recorded centuries ago and to all the Muslim generations in between proved that the marriage was culturally and morally acceptable and the fact is also that the Muslim community at that time remained unshakened in its faith in his Prophethood and the message which he had brought bear testimony to this assertion.

Secondly - we have to look at the life of Lady Aisha afterwards. She was without doubt one of the foremost scholars of Islam. It is even said that she had attained in her lifetime the position of Mufti - someone capable of giving religious rulings - a position very few Muslims will ever occupy.

She was seeked by many, both men and women, who hungered for knowledge and they came to her from all directions, Yemen, Bahrain, Syria. History does not know of any woman who was approached by so many for such a noble purpose.

If indeed she had became a victim of sexual abuse she would in most probability be devastated emotionally, psychologically, mentally and perhaps even physically but the achievements she had made in her life after the death of the Prophet proved that she was a woman who was in complete control of her faculties, becoming one of the intellectual giants of Islam.

And the fact that she had spoken so dearly of the Prophet was indicative of the innocence of the marriage and of the impeccable character of her husband because given the trust enjoyed by her by the virtue of her relationship with him, she could have unleashed a vengeful attack against him by attributing to him words or deeds of horrendous nature if indeed she was a victim of his supposed lust, destroying both the Prophet and Islam.

No sexual abuse victim would ever spoke positively of her attacker, much less becoming a channel that promote love and understanding of him and the message which he had brought."

7- But still, she is considered a child in our standards today!
Well, a lot of the things we do today are not right in the eyes of many. Our "standards" today mean nothing to what took place 1400 years ago. Today, anyone under 18 years old is considered a "child", a baby still under his mommy's and daddy's care. Back then on the other hand, people who reached the age of 18 were considered wise and very mature.

There is a famous Islamic figure called "Osama bin Zayd (or Zaid)". I was told that this man was once a leader or one of the leaders of the Muslims who met the Roman Christians. He defeated them. He was only 16 to 18 years old.

So the point is, Aisha, peace be upon her, might look as child to you, but back then she certainly was considered as "woman" who was qualified for marriage.

10- What about Mary, Jesus' Mother peace be upon both of them? How old was she when she got pregnant?

Not only was it a custom in the Arab society to Engage/Marry a young girl it was also common in the Jewish society. The case of Mary the mother of Jesus comes to mind, in non biblical sources she was between 11-14 years old when she conceived Jesus. Mary had already been "BETROTHED" to Joseph before conceiving Jesus. Joseph was a much older man. therefore Mary was younger than 11-14 years of age when she was "BETHROED" to Joseph. We Muslims would never call Joseph a Child Molester, nor would we refer to the "Holy Ghost" of the Bible, that "Impregnated" Mary as a "Rapist" or "Adulterer".

"....it is possible that Mary gave birth to her Son when she was about thirteen or fourteen years of age...." (Source) [2]

11- Joseph, Mary's husband, was "90 years old" when he married 12 to 14-year old Mary! Was he too a pedophile?(ACCORDING TO BIBLE) we do belive that Mary is a virgin

Regarding the Marriage of Mary to Joseph, Catholic Encyclopaedia ( http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08504a.htm), says:

When forty years of age, Joseph married a woman called Melcha or Escha by some, Salome by others; they lived forty-nine years together and had six children, two daughters and four sons, the youngest of whom was James (the Less, "the Lord's brother"). A year after his wife's death, as the priests announced through Judea that they wished to find in the tribe of Juda a respectable man to espouse Mary, then twelve to fourteen years of age, Joseph, who was at the time ninety years old, went up to Jerusalem among the candidates; a miracle manifested the choice God had made of Joseph, and two years later the Annunciation took place."

Note: That article on Catholic Encyclopaedia obtains its information from early

The Catholic Encyclopaedia goes on to conclude "...retained the belief that St. Joseph was an old man at the time of marriage with the Mother of God." If Christians do not find any difficulty in accepting "Mother of God" (according to Catholic Encyclopaedia), who was 12-14, marrying a 90 year old man then why do they raise objection towards the marriage of Aisha (RA) to the Prophet?

12- What about the Bible's Prophets' marriages?
When we read the Bible, we learn about some Prophets marrying many wives, even hundreds of wives in some cases. Let us look at some of the verses from the Old Testament:

In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

And knowing that the Bible's Old Testament allowed before for men to have sex with girls who were at the age of 3, then it wouldn't surprise me that those Prophets who had 700 wives for instance, had many very young "teenage" girls before as their wives.

It wouldn't surprise me if they too had wives that were younger than Mary when she got pregnant, and younger than Aisha when she got married.

Since there are so many wives that those Prophets married (hundreds of wives), then how would anyone know that they didn't marry young women as our beloved Prophet peace be upon him did with his marriage to Aisha peace be upon her?

I hope this info sister Answered all your questions

Asalamu Alikum wahmrtu Allah wabrkatu

12120qi.gif

http://www.answering-christianity.com/aisha.htm

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

First off, we must keep in mind that Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him was not only raised well by his uncle, But he also was raised by Allah in preparation to become the chosen prophet.

It is true that Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him was 20 or 19 when he married Aisha RA at the age of 9, And took her to his place as his wife.
She also took her toys along with her and He peace be upon him would watch her playing with it in her room.

So he treated her as a child when she was a child, then as a wife as she grew up a little.
So basicly, we can say that He peace be upon him raised her to be this perfect wife for him.

This all was the Great and Perfect planning Allah almighty had for His Prophet and his wife peace be upon them.

This is why i always say that marriage has nothing to do with age, Its 100% about the personality and good manners and how well a person understands islam as a way of life.

Searching_soul

Masha ALLAH, brother Rashadi, ur very knowledgable in islam. Even a born muslim including me, get stuck wen i get asked the question abt the marriage of our beloved prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him) to Ayesha (RA).

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil A'lameen , for guiding you to the straight path. May ALLAH guide others who are searching for the truth as well. Ameen. I like ur conversion story as well. may ALLAH increase ur knowledge many folds. Ameen.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Mashallah my dear sister Sandra.

Thank you dear sister for your very infomative and usefull article and verily we Muslims know that our Prophet Mohammed s.a.v.s. is the best of all mainkinds SubhanAllah,and we pray that Allah subhan we teal gather us with him s.a.w.s. and his chasity family and companions.Ameen.

And mashallah dear brother Rashidi for your story SubhanAllah,and may you always be in the blessings and mercy of Allah,Inshallah.

May Allah bless you dear sister and all Muslim Ummah.

Your sister Asja

Rashadi

Your story made me tear up brother...sobhanallah...if Allah wills guidance for someone...even before they are guided..it is as if they are *prepared* for it ahead of time...

I just would like to ask you...if you don't mind...

Is your family from Mosul, Iraq originally?

I am wondering because I am from Mosul..and Mosul has the largest Christian community in all of Iraq...they are mostly Chaldeans..Assyrians..Orthodox..and Ya'aqobyeen (my mom tells me that they are *very* similar to Muslims in belief..sobhanallah)...

My parents are really good friends with two Chaldean families...they are some of the nicest people..and they even swear on the Qura'an and the prophet (pbuh) along with the injeel and Sayidina Isa when they try to make a point to my parents (I know it's wrong..and have asked my parents to stop them from doing that nicely..but it's kinda interesting you know?)

I hope that Allah guides your family to Islam just as He had guided you..and may He (swt) grant you the knowledge and the blessing to aid them through it :)

Salaam aleykom my sister,

To answer your question about my family, my mother is from Mosul but later lived in Baghdad and my father is from Kirkuk. I been to Mosul one time when I visited in 1990. Both my parents are Assyrian and you are correct there are a lot of Chaldeans, Assyrians and Yacubites. They are very similar to Muslims in culture and even beliefs. For example my parents both taught me as a child that we had angels assigned to us that record everything and I know western Christians don't believe in that. Unlike Western Christians, they also don't eat pork and even though they commit shirk ignorantly, most of them will tell you that they only believe in one God and many of them don't believe Isa (as) is God. My mother is a good example for that because she doesn't believe Jesus (as) is God but she at times calls on him or his mother along with God and I try to explain to her that she is wrong in that.

They share a lot of tradition in common and at times even dress similar especially the Chaldeans in Mosul. It is nice to meet some Iraqi Muslims Alhamdulillah and I thank you for your kind words and your duahs. May I ask if you and your family still live in Iraq?

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Salaam aleykom my sister,

To answer your question about my family, my mother is from Mosul but later lived in Baghdad and my father is from Kirkuk. I been to Mosul one time when I visited in 1990. Both my parents are Assyrian and you are correct there are a lot of Chaldeans, Assyrians and Yacubites. They are very similar to Muslims in culture and even beliefs. For example my parents both taught me as a child that we had angels assigned to us that record everything and I know western Christians don't believe in that. Unlike Western Christians, they also don't eat pork and even though they commit shirk ignorantly, most of them will tell you that they only believe in one God and many of them don't believe Isa (as) is God. My mother is a good example for that because she doesn't believe Jesus (as) is God but she at times calls on him or his mother along with God and I try to explain to her that she is wrong in that.

They share a lot of tradition in common and at times even dress similar especially the Chaldeans in Mosul. It is nice to meet some Iraqi Muslims Alhamdulillah and I thank you for your kind words and your duahs. May I ask if you and your family still live in Iraq?

Thank you for answering my question...as it was kind of personal..but you know how Iraqis are with their curiosity about everything :)

It's interesting how similar the ya'aqobyeen are to us Muslims..I have not heard about them before..I only learned of them last night when I asked my mom a certain question..I'm going to have to do small little researches to learn about them..my curiosity is struck again!

As for your question...me and my family live in the US now...we left Mosul in 1997...so it's been a while since I have seen it :(..but I still have extended family there

And I agree with you...it's always nice to meet Iraqis..especially around TTI..we are a rarity here..lol

May Allah Bless You & Guard You and Grant you every khair inshallah

BigAk

Waleykom Salaam

Masha Allah ... My dear brother Rashadi... You have no idea how much you have put me in a good mood just hearing your wonderful story. I loved it. Subhan Allah yahdi man yasha'a. You surely are a blessed one brother. I pray that your family one day soon follow your footsteps. From reading your posts it seems like they're not far behind us muslims. Brother.. Have you read the booklet by our beloved shaikh Ahmed Deedat titled "Muhammad the Natural Successor to Christ"??? I truely believe that if you learn this booklet and show it to your mom and dad, they will insha'Allah embrace Islam. In this booklet, shaikh Deedat shows from the bible how Jesus (pbu) has prophesized about the coming of our prophet Muhammad (pbu).. It is very interesting. I have memorized it to use during my dialogs with the christians.

Here it is on youtube in case you don't have the booklet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xk-TSuQ1uU&feature=PlayList&p=F9ED52CF6D9AB2B0&index=0

Anyway.... I am from Syria and it breaks my heart to see my Iragi brothers and sisters suffer.... May Allah ease their sufferings and strengthen their iman.

I am around my brother.. Nice to meet you... See you around. :D

Rashadi

Masha Allah ... My dear brother Rashadi... You have no idea how much you have put me in a good mood just hearing your wonderful story. I loved it. Subhan Allah yahdi man yasha'a. You surely are a blessed one brother. I pray that your family one day soon follow your footsteps. From reading your posts it seems like they're not far behind us muslims. Brother.. Have you read the booklet by our beloved shaikh Ahmed Deedat titled "Muhammad the Natural Successor to Christ"??? I truely believe that if you learn this booklet and show it to your mom and dad, they will insha'Allah embrace Islam. In this booklet, shaikh Deedat shows from the bible how Jesus (pbu) has prophesized about the coming of our prophet Muhammad (pbu).. It is very interesting. I have memorized it to use during my dialogs with the christians.

Here it is on youtube in case you don't have the booklet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xk-TSuQ1uU&feature=PlayList&p=F9ED52CF6D9AB2B0&index=0

Anyway.... I am from Syria and it breaks my heart to see my Iragi brothers and sisters suffer.... May Allah ease their sufferings and strengthen their iman.

I am around my brother.. Nice to meet you... See you around. :D

Salaam Aleykom brother,

Thanks for your comments and yes I know about the book by Sheikh Deedat and it is a very good book. I actually had a Christian Iraqi woman, who couldn't read or write, tell me that she had heard that Jesus (as) had prophecised about another prophet who would come by the name of Ahmad. I was shocked when she said that and wanted to know how she knew that unless it was Muslims who told her but she insisted it was own Christians who told her and I didn't tell her at the time that I was Muslim but I told that the prophecy was true and I asked her why she don't believe in RasulAllah (saaws). She said that she was told that he would be sent to Arabs and others and I could figure how she was manipulated and taken advantage of. I believe if the Christians, and especially Arab Christians, knew Islam the way we Muslims know other religions, there is no way they would not accept it unless out of prejudice or bigotry. Some people are also afraid because of other family members and there are others who don't even know they can revert.

As far as giving dawah to my mother, I tried but it hasn't worked and a lot has to do with her family members who are not sincere like her. She is more afraid of what others say and she is too afraid to even learn about Islam. But 2 of my brothers are very convinced and consider themselves Muslims but so far only one of them has taken shahadah, and InshaAllah, they'll start practicing Islam very soon. Thanks for your advise and may Allah (swt) guide us all, Amin.

Rashadi

Thank you for answering my question...as it was kind of personal..but you know how Iraqis are with their curiosity about everything :)

It's interesting how similar the ya'aqobyeen are to us Muslims..I have not heard about them before..I only learned of them last night when I asked my mom a certain question..I'm going to have to do small little researches to learn about them..my curiosity is struck again!

As for your question...me and my family live in the US now...we left Mosul in 1997...so it's been a while since I have seen it :(..but I still have extended family there

And I agree with you...it's always nice to meet Iraqis..especially around TTI..we are a rarity here..lol

May Allah Bless You & Guard You and Grant you every khair inshallah

Thats cool, I don't know many Iraqi Muslims at all and the Iraqis here in Atlanta are almost all Shiites or non practicing Kurds. It's still funny yet strange that the Shiites get mad that I became Muslim and Im like wondering how in the world they are Muslims. I had one Iraqi tell me I should have stayed a Christian lol. He was insisting that a person has to stay whatever religion he is born into and that was enough for me to conclude that this individual was not Muslim. Then he asked what kind of Muslim I was and i played dumb and told him I don't get the question, he then said no I mean r u shia or sunni, I said I don't like using other names because I am a Muslim and follow Quran and the Sunnah. He asked which Madhab and I was like uff this too much and I ended it there. I did tell him may Allah (swt) guide u to the straight path, lol.

So yeah it's cool to meet other Iraqis and Muslims of course.

Wa salaam,

Status
Not open for further replies.