Pathans...

ark1993

I'm a Pathan... who knows nothing about his culture. Please tell me more about it and indicate if you are one too :)

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum!

So am I, brother.

Well, PM me and let me know if you want to know more.

I will give you a brief history of Pathans.

This word "pathan" is referred to a race called Pashtun or Pakhtun.
It was used by British as they liked to change others' names to their comfort.
It is now used by India and Pakistan to refer to Pashtuns.

There are variations in the spelling and pronounciation.
It can also be written as Pukhtun or Pushtun.

Historically speaking, all Pakhtuns are Afghans, but after the formation of Pakistan in 1947,
a huge Pakhtun area became part of Pakistan and thus they are Pakistan nationals now.

Their language is called Pakhtu or Pashtu (Pukhtu/Pushto).
They have a history of bravery and love of freedom.
They are known for their hospitality and a very high percentage of them are Sunni muslims.

They once ruled a big terrirtory from Bukhara (today's Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmanestan)
in the north to Balochistan (Arab sea) in the south and from Delhi in the east to Esfahan (a city in today's Iran) in the west.

Some big Pakhtun families ruled india for a combined period of around 7 centuries called Suri, Ghori, Lodhi, Ghaznavi and Abdali.

The prominent historical figures include Mirwais Neka, Ahmad Shah Abdali, Khushal Khattak and Rahman Baba (Abdurrahman Mumand).

Pakhtuns have fought big wars and strongly resisted occupiers throughout the history.

It was in the land of Pakhtuns where Alexander the Great of Greece died and decendants of his people
are still resident in Afghanistan and speak an old form of Greek language.

Kenghiz Khan and his decendants also fought barbaric wars here and Britsh empire encoutered a humiliating defeat by the hands of Afghans/Pashtuns.

The superpower of U.S.S.R (now Russia) fought in Afghanistan for 10 years between 1979--1989
and Afghans in general and Pakhtuns in particular bravely resisted their occupation.

And this struggle continues...

Wassalam

Afghani Sister

salaam

new to the site

also pathan

well, was wondering if you new a dua for reading on a deaf child who is about to undergo operation

i have been researching for a while now.... not much success

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum sister!

Every ayah (verse) of Quran is dua, just recite any part of Quran. May Allah s.w.t give the child complete health, ameen.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum..

You get all these posts about people's nationalities now a days.. But curiosity has always killed the cat.. Welcome Afghani Sister.. I hope you benefit from this site.. Insha Allah..

Assalamualaikum

seeking_peace1

Your Sister in Islam
salaam

new to the site

also pathan

well, was wondering if you new a dua for reading on a deaf child who is about to undergo operation

i have been researching for a while now.... not much success

Assalam-o-Alaikum.

once our Prophet SAW paid a visit to one of his companions as he had suffered a heart attck.Prophet SAW recited Sura Fatiha (1st Sura of Quran) and blew on his (Prophet SAW's hands) hands and moved on his companion's RA chest.the pain was gone and the companion RA felt healthy.there are two other incidents as well where Sura Fatiha was recited and applied as dam (thats what it is called over here i don't know the english of this word so excuse my ignorance).Sura Fatiha is said to be recited for curing illness.i did so when my mother was really ill and by the will of Allah SWT there was a stark improvement.and you can also use Black Seeds as Prophet SAW said that it has cure for every disease except death.

there is a Dua that can be recited for any illness and according to the Hadith if the time has not come (i.e. death),the illness will be cured.(Sahih Sanin-e-Abi Daood 2/600,Sahih Sanin-e-Tirmizi 2/210.)

aughhhhhhh i tried i dono how many times to paste that Dua here but it doesn't work.anyway... may Allah SWT cure the child ameen.

W'Salam.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum MOSABJA!

I read your thread and it sounds so convincing.

According to your thread, I am also a Jew by race, but I thank Allah s.w.t to be a muslim and not brainwashed by the racist Zionism of Israel, the devil of our time.

At the end of your post you gave some numbers and dates of Jewish living in Afghanistan.

I assume that you were mentioning only those jews who still followed the Jewish religion and not all those who are jews by race as according to your post, Pakhtuns are all jews and thus there are still millions of Jews living in Afghanistan.

I am from Afghanistan and I come from the tribe of Durani and I confirm that the names and words you mentioned do exist today in Pakhtun areas.

One interesting fact about Pakhtuns is that they are entirely different from the people of all neighbouring countries.

They have their own unique cultural indentity, very different from its neighbours such as Inidian subcontinent, China, Central Asian states and Iran.

They have a very strong tribal system and a person identifies himself by his tribal name. Majority of Pakhtun use their tribal name as their surname.

Some members of my family use Durani as their surname.

The physical features of Pakhtuns are also very similar to Jews. I have a very interesting story to tell.

A friend of mine who is Pakhtun and has a beard was living in a part of London where there is a big Jewish community in 1999.

One day he was walking to his office, carrying a briefcase and two young Jewish men approached him and each of them wanted to invite him to a jewish religious ceremony.

While the guyes were arguing amongst themsleves as to who should do the Dawah (invitation), my friend told them, excuse me, I am not a jewish. This shows that they were in no doubt that my friend was a Jew, based on his physical appearance.

Hearing this, the guys were amazed and left him.

There is a tribe who still live near Kabul called Hud-khel.
Hud means Yahud (Jews) and Khel in Pakhtu/Pashtu means tribe.
So the word literally means Jewish tribe.

I dont know about the Hebrew language, but I have noticed sonic similarities between the Hebrew and Pakhtu.

For example, both languages have many words with the sound "kh" such as "Pakhtu", Pkha =foot, kheta = stomach, khalak = people, khafa = upset, khabare = talks, teekhta = escape, Makham = evening, Mashkhutan = night.....khyber

I will end this by mentioning that there is a hadith which interprets that Allah s.w.t doesn't look at your appearance and wealth, but he looks at your hearts and deeds. I am sorry i can't locate the sourece. Please someone do so.

So, regardless of whether Pakhtun/pathan are, by race, Jewish or not, I am happy to say they are mostly muslims, Alhamdulellah.

Allah s.w.t knows best

Wassalam

ark1993

Well... So, you are a Durrani? Does that mean that you are a descendant of one of our dynasties? I'm a Khan. Does that mean that I'm related to the Khan dynasty in Afghanistan (i.e. Emir Abdul Rahman Khan etc)?

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Well brother, its good to know one's roots, but don't forget that Allah s.w.t looks at our hearts and actions only.

If you want to succeeded in both worlds, the only way is to seek refuge with Allah s.w.t and follow HIS prophet, Muhammad peace and blissings be upon him.

Wassalam

salam,

My friends joke about how Pathans are crazy lol. Just a joke though :)

acctuelly they are not crazy but they have very hot temparement in head.one of my best friends is also pathan but i know how he is. i always try to avoid some funs which is not suitable for his temparement.but pathans always are very helpful, they are always ready to help others.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Many people say Pathans are form the Lost Tribes Of israel .God knows the truth but there is plenty of evidence in favor of that.

Here is and old thread

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10712&highlight=Bani+israel+pathans

Salam Alaikum,

Well my father's family is ancestrally pathan (his great grandfather migrated to Pakistan from Afghanistan) and they're of the Yusufzai tribe, and I'm not sure but I think it's specifically THAT group that claims lineage tracing back to one of the twelve lost tribes of Israel, considering that Yusufzai means the Sons of Joseph. However, from what I recall there was insufficient DNA proof if that was true or not.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Oh and another scary similarity is that my last name is Khan but I've come across alot of Jews who have the last name of "Kahn".........:(

It better just be an ironic coincidence.....