People of the Book and other non muslims

loveislam1

Asalam Alikoum wa rahamtallah
I have a question that i have received conflicting answers and evidences on, I want to ask

1) Will ANY non muslims ever enter jenna?

2)there is a verse in Quran that says that the Christians and Jews " will have thier reward" 2:62 "Verily those who have attained faith in this divine write (muslims) as well as those who follow the Jewish faith and the christians and the sabians all those who beleive in GOD and the last day and do righteous deeds will have thier reward with The Sustainer and no fear need they have and neither shall they grieve"

Who is HE subhana wa ta'ala refering to here?

ShaheedU

Extinct
The jews will be split into 71 sects and of those 70 will be in hellfire, the christians will be split into 72 and of those 71 will be in the hellfire, and the muslims will be split into 73 sects and of those 72 will be in the hellfire.

But from the Ummah of Muhammed(peace and blessing be upon him), only muslims will go to Jannah.

bayareabilal

makakilo
Be counted as among those who made an effort!

This should make everyone feel the need to give dahwa...especially those with family and friends who are non-muslim. I believe if I do the work and take action to see Islam spread then Allah will see to it that guidance is given to my loved ones who have not yet embraced Islam! When Allah scans your heart, if He sees the concern of how all mankind can be saved from hellfire...your reward will be larger than anything you could ever imagine. Please do your part to help save the umma from the blazing hellfire and tortures of the grave. :shake:
:salah:

ShyHijabi

Aslalaam Alakum,

From the non-muslims after Muhammed peace and blessings be upon him, well hell is their final abode.

Is this your own personal Fatwa? Because this seems to contradict the glorious Quran, as quoted by loveislam1. The quran very clearly states that the people of the book will answer within the confines of their respective religions.

~Sarah

ShaheedU

Extinct
Aslalaam Alakum,

Is this your own personal Fatwa? Because this seems to contradict the glorious Quran, as quoted by loveislam1. The quran very clearly states that the people of the book will answer within the confines of their respective religions.

~Sarah

The Meaning of Mu'min, or Believer

`Ali bin Abi Talhah narrated from Ibn `Abbas, about,

[إِنَّ الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ وَالَّذِينَ هَادُواْ وَالنَّصَـرَى وَالصَّـبِئِينَ مَنْ ءَامَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الاٌّخِرِ]

(Verily, those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day) that Allah revealed the following Ayah afterwards,

[وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الإِسْلَـمِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ وَهُوَ فِى الاٌّخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَـسِرِينَ ]

(And whoever seeks religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers) (3:85).

This statement by Ibn `Abbas indicates that Allah does not accept any deed or work from anyone, unless it conforms to the Law of Muhammad that is, after Allah sent Muhammad . Before that, every person who followed the guidance of his own Prophet was on the correct path, following the correct guidance and was saved.

From the non-muslims after Muhammed peace and blessings be upon him, well hell is their final abode.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

Masha-Allah its nice to know that we read Quran with understanding. Brother what is meant by this ayat is,
Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, [] whoever believes in Allâh and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve [] (62)
that everyone who followed the messenger of his time will have their reward. Now that Muhammad SAW is the final messenger so whoever will believe in him and follow him will surely have his/her reward.

I'll try to explain with an example.
Look Isa (AS) himself was a Jew and he came to the Jews as a messenger of Allah. Before the coming of Isa (AS), for every Jew it was necessary to belive in Allah and follow Musa (AS) and this was the right path then. But after coming of Isa (AS), no matter how devout a Jew was and how devoutly he followed Musa (AS), if he rejected Isa (AS) as a messenger then he became a kafir and deviated from the right path.

Now its the same with our beloved Prophet SAW, after his coming, no matter how devout a Christian ( I am talking here about a proper follower of Isa AS ) was. He has to accept Muhammad SAW and have to follow him otherwise he has deviated from the right path.

I hope i made my point clear but i'll repeat it again.
By that ayat is meant that everyone who beleived in Allah and followed the messenger of his/her time, will surely be rewarded
And Allah knows best.
Ma'assalaam

loveislam1

Asalam Alikoum
Jazak ALLAH khier for the explinations Mohsin and Shaheed it makes more sense to me now. I always heard that it was abrogated with Muhammed with that verse from 3:85 meaning after that veres was revelaed it is incumbent upon all jews and christiand to bear witness that Muhammed is a messenger, how can a person commit shirk or deny Muahmemd and enter jennah when shirk is an unforgivable sin amonsgst even muslims, so that is why I was confused

Ayman mashallah jazak allah khier, for the reminder and allhamdullilah I always rememerb I should wory about my own self entering jennah ,because of that I am not assured to go directly. may ALLAH forgive us all and accept our good deeds ameen. I just want a clear answer so that I can understand. I worry for my father simply because he says he cant know, how can you make a person KNOW? And how can they be judged for what they said they cant know, how can I give dawaah to a person such as him?

suumaya

:salam2:

Masha-Allah its nice to know that we read Quran with understanding. Brother what is meant by this ayat is,

that everyone who followed the messenger of his time will have their reward. Now that Muhammad SAW is the final messenger so whoever will believe in him and follow him will surely have his/her reward.

I'll try to explain with an example.
Look Isa (AS) himself was a Jew and he came to the Jews as a messenger of Allah. Before the coming of Isa (AS), for every Jew it was necessary to belive in Allah and follow Musa (AS) and this was the right path then. But after coming of Isa (AS), no matter how devout a Jew was and how devoutly he followed Musa (AS), if he rejected Isa (AS) as a messenger then he became a kafir and deviated from the right path.

Now its the same with our beloved Prophet SAW, after his coming, no matter how devout a Christian ( I am talking here about a proper follower of Isa AS ) was. He has to accept Muhammad SAW and have to follow him otherwise he has deviated from the right path.

I hope i made my point clear but i'll repeat it again.
By that ayat is meant that everyone who beleived in Allah and followed the messenger of his/her time, will surely be rewarded
And Allah knows best.
Ma'assalaam

ASalamu alaykum

I agree with you brother, that is the meaning of that ayah but some of us interpret it different way which is not right.

ShaheedU

Extinct
Which other way is there to interpret it?

How can anyone interpret ayats, when its already been given by the mufasireen?

ShyHijabi

So according to this particular scholar's (Ali bin Abi Talhah )interpretation of the ayah all non-Muslims are going to hell????? This disturbs me greatly and I think at this point I need to find a mufti to ask.

~Sarah

samiha

---------
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam.

I encourage people to look at the links provided above. they proved very good replies from a respectable scholar.

I'd like to point this out:

A person who has never heard of Islam or the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and who has never heard the message in its correct and true form, will not be punished by Allaah if he dies in a state of kufr (disbelief). If it were asked what his fate will be, the answer will be that Allaah will test him on the Day of Resurrection: if he obeys, he will enter Paradise and if he disobeys he will enter Hell. The evidence (daleel) for this is the hadeeth of al-Aswad ibn Saree’, who reported that the Prophet of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are four (who will protest) to Allaah on the Day of Resurrection: the deaf man who never heard anything, the insane man, the very old man, and the man who died during the fatrah (the interval between the time of ‘Eesaa (Jesus, upon whom be peace) and the time of Muhammad SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)). The deaf man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but I never heard anything.’ The insane man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but the children ran after me and threw stones at me.’ The very old man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but I did not understand anything.’ The man who died during the fatrah will say, ‘O Lord, no Messenger from You came to me.’ He will accept their promises of obedience, then word will be sent to them to enter the Fire. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, if they enter it, it will be cool and safe for them.”

According to another report, he said: “Whoever enters it, it will be cool and safe for him, and whoever does not enter it will be dragged to it.” (The hadeeth was reported by Imaam Ahmad and Ibn Hibbaan, and deemed saheeh by al-Albaani, Saheeh al-Jaami’, 881).

I'd always heard this, but never found the evidence for it, and thus was hesitant in placing it. :jazaak: for providing it. :)

Allah knows what is in people's hearts best, and He (swt) will judge them fairly and accordingly.

:wasalam:

apocalypse77

The Meaning of Mu'min, or Believer

`Ali bin Abi Talhah narrated from Ibn `Abbas, about,

[إِنَّ الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ وَالَّذِينَ هَادُواْ وَالنَّصَـرَى وَالصَّـبِئِينَ مَنْ ءَامَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الاٌّخِرِ]

(Verily, those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day) that Allah revealed the following Ayah afterwards,

[وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الإِسْلَـمِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ وَهُوَ فِى الاٌّخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَـسِرِينَ ]

(And whoever seeks religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers) (3:85).

This statement by Ibn `Abbas indicates that Allah does not accept any deed or work from anyone, unless it conforms to the Law of Muhammad that is, after Allah sent Muhammad . Before that, every person who followed the guidance of his own Prophet was on the correct path, following the correct guidance and was saved.

so is the pple who arent from the abrahamic religions wont be excuse from hellfire?its kind of pity the dharmic religions are the dominant religions in the ewast..isnt there a way to save them? :(

justoneofmillion

sujestion

assalamu aleikum i won`t add much to what has been said already just that the word islam in the Quran has to be understood as submission to god`s will and not the historicaly founded religion of islam which was born whith the establishement of the first islamic state(medina constitution)Islam was there before prophet MUhammad swt he was not the founder but the reminder and a mercy upon mankind as much as the previous revelations had been alterated.as we know.

However Allah`s mercy lyes in allah`s hand alone the benefiecient and it is not up to us to distribut and it if it was in our posession we would be then certainly to tight on giving it away. and the quran is clear about that sending people to hell or heaven is an act of playing god`s role(also shirk)

wassalam

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister Samiha,

Thank you for your kind words and for posting a part of the religious opinion [fatwa] of Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid which was posted in the first link mentioned in my post #14 on this thread.

I think it would be beneficial as well to post the last part of the fatwa as well:

Everyone who hears the message of Islam in a sound and correct form (and rejects it), will have evidence aginst him. Whoever dies without having heard the message, or having heard it in a distorted form, then his case is in the hands of Allaah. Allaah knows best about His creation, and He will never treat anyone unfairly. And Allaah is All-Seer of His slaves.

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

bayareabilal

makakilo
acceptance

I just want to reiterate my point of taking action so that all of humanity can be saved from hellfire. So hop to it people...whats true is true and if you dont like it that is beside the ponit. We must however accept it and move on! Bluntly stated I know but look at the condition of the umma and dont you wonder why we are in the state of affairs we are in. It is like the story of the policeman who was directing traffic in a busy intersection. It was hot n sunny and he wanted to go and get an ice-cream and sit in the air-conditioned establishment serving the delicious treats. Is ice-cream haram? NO! We all know ice-cream is hallal but the point is that when he left his post and his obligations to go sit down, relax and enjoy one of the bounties that Allah has made permissable for us to enjoy...the entire intersection went chaotic and was completely jammed amidst many car collisions and horns honking. That is the state oou umma is in now and we have nobody to blame but ourselves for not doing what Allah has obligated us to do....(be good muslims and set an example for people to follow). I hope I have made my point. God help us and may all of us be counted as one of the people who made an effort to spread this deen....the only one that is acceptable in the eyes of our creator.
Thanks for the proof from the Glorious Qur'an....I count on you people!!! Thanks for not letting me down and keep up the good work!
Bay Area Bilal
:salah:

dawood_smriti

Asalamalykum,

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR tht u r making an effort toimprove ur knowledge of our bueatiful Islam and also want ur father to do so. Well i suggest u to check a link below which has got very good material abt dawah(there,s an international dawah training) its awesome. its a site strated by Dr.Zakir naik(President of world Islamic research). u can also do a search on google with his name, u will find many links. I hope its helpful.

Wasalaam.