please help... losing a beloved

i also just lost my fiance in an accident ten months ago, after which i have started praying more regularly and asking allah for his mercy every minute!. i have been more upset because this was my second engagement as my previous engagement did not work out and was called off in a month!, still a lot of people kept talking about it which affected me a lot, i finally met this boy after 2 years and thought he was going to be the one! but unfortunately that ill fated day came when he died in a road accident when he was coming to meet me from a different city!. i believe he was a shaheed,as i read somewhere that a person dying during a journey goes to jannah and dies the death of a martyr, but in either case, allah subhanawatallah knows best! and i cannot judge, i can just pray for him and hope he is jannati! i think of him every time i even shut my eyes to talk to allah..i even went for umrah during ramdhan this year, mashallah, and performed six umrahs asking allah to give him all the sawab!. i have started looking at life positively even though i have severe bouts of depression more than often, i think of him all the time and cry a lot because i know eachday after his death could have been different if the accident did not happen! i want to know if the dead know they are dead?. and could this accident have been avoided?. is fate predecided or allah keeps changing it according to prayers?. does nazar (evil eyes) lead to death?. because my fiance and i had a lot of evil eyes and nazar!. i prayed very little then!. which i regret! but sometimes i am confused with allahs plans because he was the best i could have imagined!he was an angel at heart and the most amazing person iv met till date, infact i always thought how lucky i was to have him!. life has become so different now.. . please help me

Sophie1

salaam,
sister i am really sorry to hear ur story, its sad....i dont know the answers to ur questions above, but all i can say is that having patience will gain u a lot of reward. there is a hadith im sure which says that Allah does not put burden on ur life which he knows u cant deal with...Allah(swt) knows u more than u know urself so plz have faith in him. He is all knowing. i will do dua for u inshallah...everything happens for a reason, u may not be understanding the plan that Allah has for ur life but sister plz do hold on to ur imaan and have patience.

ur sis
sophie

muhammad.abdullah

i also just lost my fiance in an accident ten months ago, after which i have started praying more regularly and asking allah for his mercy every minute!. i have been more upset because this was my second engagement as my previous engagement did not work out and was called off in a month!, still a lot of people kept talking about it which affected me a lot, i finally met this boy after 2 years and thought he was going to be the one! but unfortunately that ill fated day came when he died in a road accident when he was coming to meet me from a different city!. i believe he was a shaheed,as i read somewhere that a person dying during a journey goes to jannah and dies the death of a martyr, but in either case, allah subhanawatallah knows best! and i cannot judge, i can just pray for him and hope he is jannati! i think of him every time i even shut my eyes to talk to allah..i even went for umrah during ramdhan this year, mashallah, and performed six umrahs asking allah to give him all the sawab!. i have started looking at life positively even though i have severe bouts of depression more than often, i think of him all the time and cry a lot because i know eachday after his death could have been different if the accident did not happen! i want to know if the dead know they are dead?. and could this accident have been avoided?. is fate predecided or allah keeps changing it according to prayers?. does nazar (evil eyes) lead to death?. because my fiance and i had a lot of evil eyes and nazar!. i prayed very little then!. which i regret! but sometimes i am confused with allahs plans because he was the best i could have imagined!he was an angel at heart and the most amazing person iv met till date, infact i always thought how lucky i was to have him!. life has become so different now.. . please help me

Dear sister Sadia
:salam2:
It really breaks my heart to know your story. I am not saying this because its just a sentence that i need to fill this space with and it seems appropriate, i am saying this because I know of a similar story, believe me and its all true. It will briefly tell you of great love, absolute depression after that and intervention of Allah's mercy.

I personally know of a person who was engaged to a young woman, a couple of years ago, he never knew before. She was charming, beautiful and very self aware. It was an arranged engagement, as it is obvious but it was more a case of instant love between the two. The guy was polite, caring, loving and considerate as i know him. The girl was very intelligent, wise and mature. They spent a few months being engaged and would communicate with each other using phone (i wouldn't say that it was right but they were both decent and islamically aware of their boundaries). To cut to the chase, they just knew they were for one another. But suddenly, everything started to crumble. They started having arguments in a way that after each argument none of the 2 would know what were they fighting about. It was shaytan between the 2 of them, putting 'waswas' in their respective hearts. The arguments reached such a level that the engagement was called off and all that was left was profuse crying on both sides. They never again contacted each other for months but prayed sincerely to be together again. After a long time, Allah with his infinite mercy, softened their hearts to the point where the families of the 2 sat together and decided, with the consent of the guy and the girl that they should get back together and married as soon as possible and they are inshallah going ahead with it.

In your case, your fiance was killed in a road accident (may Allah have mercy on him) so he cant come back although you knew he was 'the one' for you. Let me make something absolutely clear, none in this world can change the time of death that has been written by Allah. Yes, 'nazar' can create the greatest of problems but death is always pre ordained. Prayers can change what Allah wills but not death or life as i know it, i am sorry i dont have reference for it. I have read in a book (i am sorry i have a very bad memmory and lots of heavy things on my mind now so cant remember anything right) that before her marriage to Muhammad (saw), Umm ul momineen, Um-e-salma's husband was very kind and very good to her and when he was no more, she used to think that how could she ever find someone as good as Abu Salma again and you know what Allah gave her? Allah had ordained her to marry Muhammad (saw), the best man among all people. You loved him, so pray for him but dont give up hope, you could not have thwarted his death. I have no more to say, may Allah have his mercy on you and descend his tranquility on to your heart, aameen...

:wasalam: , you brother...

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
First of All, Assalamu alaykum, and welcome to the site sister

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon,

None of us can escape death, unfortunately, these few days have been very bad for Muslims around the world. So many have lost their lives in Gaza, entire families have been wiped out. 5 Girls, sisters were all killed, whilst next to their dear mother. We can not even begin to imagine their suffering. Allah give them all ease - amin

Finding Contentment after the Death of a Loved One

*if copying please keep the source back to www.turntoislam.com website*
Finding Contentment after the Death of a Loved One
Hadith - Al-Muwatta 16.43
Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said that al-Qasim ibn Muhammad said, "One of my wives died and Muhammad ibn Kab al Quradhi came to console me about her.

He told me of one among the Bani Israil who was a diligent, worshipping, knowing and understanding man who had a wife that he admired and loved, and she died. He grieved over her intensely and lamented her until he withdrew into a house and locked himself in, hidden from everyone, and no-one visited him.
A woman heard about him and went to him, saying, 'I need him to give me an opinion. Nothing will satisfy me except what he says about it.'

Everyone went away, but she stuck to his door and said, 'I must see him.' Someone said to him, 'There is a woman who wishes to ask your opinion about something,' and she insisted, 'I will only talk to him about it.'

When everyone had gone away, and she still had not left his door, he said, 'Let her in.' So she went in and saw him and said, 'I have come to ask your opinion about something.' He said, 'What is it?'

She said, 'I borrowed a piece of jewellery from a neighbour of mine, and I have worn it and used it for a long time. Then they sent to me for it. Should I let them have it back?' He said, 'Yes, by Allah.' She said, 'I have had it for a long time.' He said, 'It is more correct for you to return it to them, since they have lent it to you for such a long time.'

She said, 'Yes. May Allah have mercy on you. Do you then grieve over what Allah has lent you and then taken from you, when He has a greater right to it than you?' Then he saw the situation he was in, and Allah helped him by her words."

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon, sister I share the same feelings like our brothers and sisters here. I just can not imagine the trauma you going thru...mashAllah this is the strength of a muslim. Like our brother has explained, when the time come no one can escape death...it is Allah's absolute rights. I pray for Allah mercy on you and pls keep going sister. InsyAllah maybe Allah wants to send a perfect partner for you soon who will be with you in this world and the life after.

safiya58

:salam2:

dear sister please be patient. life is all a test. Like a dream ends when u open ur eyes life will end when u close them... and the life in the other world is for ever it will never end inshaallah. what is a long life? 80 years, 90, or 120 years? all this is nothing compared to eternety.... even when u have lost ur fiance u r a believer and this is a big blessing. ur aim is janna and inshaallah ur suffering will be rewarded with firdevs, the highest janna. do not despair in the mercy of Allah. Allah knows best we not we don´t have the right to question His plans. I wish u all the best in this world and the other

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister your love for him was pure. Now it is time to join the human race. We all carry losses in our lives. We never forget those we love...life is not physical. We move on.
You are one of the lucky ones. You saw the beauty of love. There are some who have loved and lost in more brutal ways. I do not wish to compare. I wish to help you move forward. It is time.
You have joined a family here. We will listen and we will write. However, one way to grow is to give of yourself. You can bring love into your life by working hard. Appreciate the blessings of Allah subhana talla.
Become strong.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
sister may Allah (swt) provide you with patience and inshallah he knows the best and will bless him with jannah

thankyou!

Thankyou all for all the messages, i know sometimes we fail to understand that above us there is a great planner, and we as humans can never be planners of our life!. this huge episode of losing my fiance has taught me somuch, maybe this was allah subhanawatallas plans to make me stronger and get more closer to him.. or maybe it was a way to punish me, because i misbehaved with my parents regarding gettin married so early, sometimes i wish i never did, maybe this wouldnt have happened, but again i realize , that i cant really plan much when there is a master plan thats unfolding everyday by the god almighty!!. thanku again for contributing and giving me such priceless suggestions! i try to feed and give to the poor as much as possible in my late fiances name, inshallah, please pray he gets the highest rank or jannahs, my only desire is to meet him when im there, inshallah, if allah blesses me with jannah!. i would love to hear more regarding this from people, please feel free to give in ur suggestions :) ..

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
, please pray he gets the highest rank or jannahs, my only desire is to meet him when im there, inshallah, if allah blesses me with jannah!. i would love to hear more regarding this from people, please feel free to give in ur suggestions :) ..

Are you planning not to get married? My advise is pls reconsider. Firstly, it is a great sunnah and secondly your parents surely want to see you get married. Do not break their heart. Life must go on sister. I know it is tough, I know how life is when I lost my mother. But life must go on. Do more prayers and ask Allah guidance.

marriage is definately an option im gonna keep open, marriage is sunnah, and its a service in islam to get married and bring up muslim children!. , rightnow maybe i am jus scared that finding someone like my ex fiance will be such a huge deal. i havent been able to even spot one person who i could compare .. although i wish i dint haveto compare. but i think maybe time will heal.inshallah, i believe in allah, and i know the almighty has my back and praying to him eachday gives me somuch strength, its unbelievable how allah has a solution or medicine for every grief that befalls on us!.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd

sister im so sorry for ur story sister..you almost made me cry sister ..sister dont worry he is a jannathi ..sister allah is just testin you sister ....plz sister dont cry and make our eyes wet ,sister i know how you are feelin but sister plz keep trust in allah .sister if you keep praying and keep doing ibadath to allah ..then allah will surely change your faith and ,sister it is not about nazar(evil eye)..... in your faith allah had written that he will not be for you ......but the faith can be changed by your prayers.......sister plz sister trust allah,allah is testing you sister ,plz sister have patience ........and you will (inshallah)meet him in jannah(ameen)sister marriages are made in jannah ...and in life marriages are just like a dream but do not worry sister your faith can be changed by your prayer's and by allah's will...plz controle your self sister ..plz ...plz sister be one of the saabirun(patience)
your beloved sister

fada_all

don't lose hope

salam alikom
dear sister i read ur story , it is really upset me ......

but i want to tell u sth very imopratnt , when we are born there is sth written on our front ,no one konws it except allah 'swt' this thing includs all what wil happen in our life..... and also the day of our death......
Bear in mind ,that allah swt always do what is better for his servents..as he only konws and predicts what is going to happen in the future..and anything happend to us is with his will.

u can't predict what will happen if u marry that man .and at the same time be sure that allah swt has chosen for u another husband not that one .and u haven't met him up till now .perhaps u will met him insha allah in the future.

don't be hopeless dear sister .how can u be in such situation and there is allah the creator the merciful ..............allah swt says in the holy Quran that his mercy swt..includs all the sky and the earth......"rahmaty wasiat kolla shaye."....sister i know that u will find some of my words cruel somehow for u, but i swear to u that im treating u as my sister ...don't lose hope.. be sure that any thing happen to us there is hikma behind it .. who will deny the fact that ..who is good will marry the same..allah swt says in his Holy Quran "attayibat littayibine walkhabitat lilkhabitin."..so be optimistic sister , start a new white page..........don't forget ........
to make ur prayer for that person" may allah make mercy upon him" and try always no matter happend to make ur prayer 'salawat' at the real time .. .and insha allah u will find the right person with whome u will continue ur life in happiness insha allah....... laillah illaa allah

ur sister khadija