Pls read me im getting Married

Kashmiri

Im getting married soon inshallah and wanted to know is wearing a TIKKA permissable in silam yes/no can i pls have some evidence iswell.

TIKKA:Traditional thing that hands down fron forehead.

Walaykum Asalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakathuhu

soory i ment in ISLAM

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Mabsoot said:
Assalamu alaykum, what is a tikka ?? you must explain it clearly

salaam alikom,,

TikKa, its not chicken tikka :biggrin: jk

Its the jewelry for the forehead for bride in indian marriage, I dont think nothing wrong with it, I attached a pic so you can see. But if you mean By tikka as a dot like Hindu do in thier marriage for femal, then its not allowed.

Wallau Alem
wa salaam

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 128

Kashmiri

Alhumdullila Ja Za Allah Kheir yeah the jewellery one i really wanna wear it. But the brother im getting married 2 says it imitate kufar but it only one day :-(

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Kashmiri said:
Alhumdullila Ja Za Allah Kheir yeah the jewellery one i really wanna wear it. But the brother im getting married 2 says it imitate kufar but it only one day :-(

salaam alikom, Sister its better to go and ask a Imam, in your area i am sure they can answer it in much beter way because as i know its a tradition in indian Marriage as jewellery not immatting hindu so I wil take what i said back you better ask an Imam of a mosque he will for sure answer you clearly.

if you want I will ask the shiekh @ the mosque

wa salaam

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaam

Tikka is gold piece of jewellery the bride wears on here forehead, clips into her hair and hangs down the forehead.

Sister im not sure if its allowed or not, our pakistanis wear em too. Im not very fond of em i tink they shud keep it nice and simple...
As the brother said its best to find out, or you can find out for her brother mrmuslim it will be beta....wen you find out can you let me no too plz...:jazaak:

W/salaam

AishaR

Assalamu alaykum Sister

I wore a tikka at my wedding & all pictures I have seen of family weddings the bride is wearing one too. But it is better to double check.

I hope your speical day is as wonderful as mine was & all the best for a wonderful future with your husband.

Salam

Kashmiri

Awwww Ja Za Allah Kheir for all your comments.
Brother can u pls find out for me and let me know the imam names and mosque.
May Allah Protect us all from Doubtfull Matters ameen

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Its ALLOWED

assalamu Alaykum, it is allowed and it is not copying kufar.

Those who say that this is haram and copying kufar are incorrect Islamically, and also fall into extremism. This is due to their lack of knowledge concerning the meanings and interpretation of the Hadith.

Wearing t-shirt, jeans, shoes, trainers is not haram and not copying kufar, because it is not Khaas. or Only done by non Muslims.. i give fatwa from Shaykh Ibn Uthaymin, at bottom of this post..

Muslims have their own cultures, whether they are Bosnian, Albanian, African, Arab, Kurdish, Turkish, European, Pakistani, Indian, or Kashmiri like you. The culture is often shared between different people of different race or religions. It is not tashbeeh al kufar (copying non-Muslims) to express your own culture. It is only tashbeeh al kufar when you do something Khaas (Specific) to non Muslims..

For example, if you wear a two piece Saffron coloured uniform like a buddhist monk, or if you wear a shiny glove on your left hand like Michael Jackson, or if you copy hairstyles of footballers, or if you do nazi salute when you go home (which nobody should be doing! lol).. At time of the Prophet :saw: growing big curly moustaches was something the fire-worshippers used to do, and was therefore not allowed, as was shaving the hair around the head and leaving only the hair on the top.

These actions above are all "khaas" explicitly done by group of non-Muslims. This goes against Islam and is a sin.

Wearing a tikka or a white Wedding dress is not haram. It is not even copying Non-Muslims. It is not copying kufar because it is not Khaas. Most Muslims in Middle East and throughout the world wear white wedding dresses. This means that the action is not Khaas anymore. It is therefore allowed.

Likewise, asian people can wear the tikka on their head because it is done by Muslims in their country and it is not seen as something done by Hindus or Sikhs.

The only problem is if someone does something which goes against the Quran and Sunnah. For example, mixed dancing, drinking alcohol, etc... or the bride does not wear hijab.

Shaykh Ibn Uthaymin gave the following fatwa:

"It is permissible for a woman to wear white so long as it is not in the same form as men’s clothing. With regard to it being an imitation of the kuffaar, that is no longer the case, because now all Muslim women wear such clothes when they are getting married. The ruling depends on whether the reason for it is present or not. If it is no longer an imitation of the kuffaar and this has now become something that is common to both Muslims and kaafirs, then the ruling no longer applies, unless something is haraam in and of itself and not because it is an imitation of others. Such things are haraam in all cases. " Majmoo’at As’ilat tahumm al-Mar’ah, p. 92 (( IslamQa ))

Therefore it is important for Muslims to make sure their ideas are in accordace with correct understanding of Islam.. and that they do not fall into extremism. Everyone should remmeber that Allah made Islam very very easy for us all.

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaam

:jazaak: for clearing this up...i can tell ma mum now
Still wudnt want to wear one of those...lol

:salam2:

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
jazaak Allah Khair brother Mabsoot,

I asked the shiekh and as bro Mabsoot said nothing wrong with it as long as its a tradition and nothing has to do with anything haram... sorry for taking my words back i didnt wanted to be responsible about something some one has doubt about it...and didnt have any answer from shieokh so alhamdu lillah bro mabsoot cleared it up :)

wa salaam

west

Salaam

As far as I am aware it is perfectly permissable as long as you are dressed modestly. I also depends on your cultural traditions

When I had been married, I had worn a typical Indian outfit - Sharara, all the jewelry (the piece hanging from my hair onto my forehead included) as well as a bindi

Have a great day - its your wedding

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

I honestly feel there's nothing wrong with wearing one just as long as your hair is NOT exposed unlike the one in the picture our brother attached.

sajjuaiah

May Allah Help You

Im getting married soon inshallah and wanted to know is wearing a TIKKA permissable in silam yes/no can i pls have some evidence iswell.

soory i ment in ISLAM

As-salaam alaikum sister,

This is a similar question asked to Dr. Zakir Naik by one of a brother
His answer was if this Tikka or Bindi is imitating to kafir so it is not allowed.

Jazakmullah Hu-Khairan

Allah Knows best

Globalpeace

Banned
Dr Zakir Naik is incorrect about Wearing Tikka (If he has said this)!

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

First and foremost congradulations and may Allah (SWT) make all your dreams come true (Ameen).

Tikka is a piece of Jewellary and not associated with Hindu'ism unlike "Bindia" which is associated with Hindu'ism.

Since this is Jewellary like another and you may be aware that wearing Jewellary is permissable hence no evidence is required; its your choice...You can dress up and wear anything you like for your husband.

Tikka is also NOT associated any region/caste/ethnicity/religion of India; as a matter of fact its wore by women of many different cultures even outside of India.

By India I mean India, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc (i.e. the sub-continent)

However there are other things you have to consider:

Hijab is compulsory for a Muslim Woman and a Muslim woman should NOT adorn herself and then come and sit in front of Muslim men fully dressed up and with makeup and so on.

It is also NOT permissable to have a mix gathering of men/women at a wedding.

Wedding in Islam is just "Nikah" so Mehndi, Mayyouwn and all other stuff is from Hinduism and NOT from Islam.

You should discuss the implications of Hijab and mix gathering with your parents and your future husband Insha'Allah.

You should imply to them that if Sunnah is followed at your wedding then Allah (SWT) will bless you and your marriage life with Barkat.

If they have already taken the other things onboard for your wedding, you should count yourself lucky & Thank Allah (SWT) immensly.

Again, Mubarak to you, your husband, your & his family.

P.S: In my humble opinion Dr Zakir Naik is incorrect about Tikka as it orginates from Afghanistan (from Dari Women specifically) & not native to India or Hindu women versus Bindia is! (with due respect, if he has actually said this)

soory i ment in ISLAM

Noor to shine

soory i ment in ISLAM

Dear sister:
Baraka Allah lakuma wa baraka Alaikuma wa gamaa baynakuma bikiar : means (not exactly) Allah swt bless both of you and gather you in all that is good : Ammen.

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu laykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu

Dear sister:
Baraka Allah lakuma wa baraka Alaikuma wa gamaa baynakuma bikiar : means (not exactly) Allah swt bless both of you and gather you in all that is good : Ammen.

Ameen ameen ameen...

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala bless you both a wonderful marriage filled with love, happiness and peace...Ameen Ya Rabbil Alameen...

Yaraa il be waiting for my invitation ;) :p

Love ya...:SMILY252:

ma'salaam