Pls write capital "A" for Allah

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

due to hurry and laziness in internet revolution, we dont pay much attention to english rules.

but atleast we should be cautious about Islamic principles.

So please write,

Allah - not allah

Quran - not quran

Muhammed - not muhammed

peace be upon him/sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam - not pbuh/saws

poetic

mrs aisha b
Salaam Alaikum
Thank you very much for this reminder
May Allah be pleased with you InshAllah

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2:,

due to hurry and laziness in internet revolution, we dont pay much attention to english rules.

but atleast we should be cautious about Islamic principles.

So please write,

Allah - not allah

Quran - not quran

Muhammed - not muhammed

peace be upon him/sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam - not pbuh/saws

source:

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

JazakAllahu khair brother for the reminder. Indeed I was one among those who used SAW when I joined the forum. However, I have changed it long ago. I do remember some words of my respected sister Revert2007 said yesterday regarding this matter. May Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) have mercy on both of you.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Meekaal

I recommend proper spelling for proper pronunciation:

"Allaah" instead of "Allah"

"Qur'aan" instead of "Quran"

When you say "Quran", the foreignt speaker reads this simply as "quran" which is not the proper pronunciation. When you emphasize the Hamza sound and the long Alif sound in writing, people will get the impression that this has to be taken care of when read. Similarly, it is common for non-Muslims to pronounce the name of Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aalaa) as Aallah (i.e. making the first Alif longer). This again is wrong and can be avoided by writing Allaah to emphasize the long sound of the Alif Maqsoorah.

Meekaal

SunniPath

On a side note, I advise you not to link to the SunniPath website. It is a deviant website teaching the Nuh Haa Meem brand of Sufism while attacking scholars like Shaykh al-Albaanee. As an example of their baseless claims:

The fact is that the only agreed-upon title Albani has been able to earn from the verifying Ulema of the Umma from East to West, is that of erratic innovator.

I don't wish to post links so I will simply advise you to abandon that website.

kayleigh

The a key on my keyboard is broken so I can't type capital a's lol. I say God instead anyway most of the time..

muharram23

Staff member
Salamu alaykum

just thought I"ll mention an important fact. Allah chose the Quran to be in Arabic. Arabic does not use capital letters. Nouns of name, place, or a thing are written same as a non- noun. The issue here is it haram when writing Allah, Islam, Quran etc in other than Arabic in small letters? So, we have to be careful of making something a must upon people.

If you come along fatwa from reliable sources, please do post it here so we can benefit.

Barakallah feekum

Allah knows best.

Wassalam

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
I recommend proper spelling for proper pronunciation:

"Allaah" instead of "Allah"

"Qur'aan" instead of "Quran"

jazaak Allaah khair for more info.

The issue here is it haram when writing Allah, Islam, Quran etc in other than Arabic in small letters?
If you come along fatwa from reliable sources, please do post it here so we can benefit

its not about haraam and sin. inshallah, we will not be punished for this.

But its about respect. we cant write teacher's/employer's name in small letters in front of him, so how can we write Allah's name?

fada_all

jazaka allah khiaran katiran dear brother ahmed for this much imprtant advice may allah grant ypou with each words double hasanat

muharram23

Staff member
jazaak Allaah khair for more info.

its not about haraam and sin. inshallah, we will not be punished for this.

But its about respect. we cant write teacher's/employer's name in small letters in front of him, so how can we write Allah's name?

Salamu alaykum

since it is not haram and not sinful than it must be opposite of that, which is permissable? I understand what you mean as " respect". But we can't yel at those who don't write it with capital letters, we can't argue with them otherwise we argue over something which is permissable and not haram or sinful as you said.

Also, respecting Allah or Quran etc. Is not just by spelling but by following the comandmants of Allah and learning the Quran and implementing it in our lives.

Barakallah feek you could be right and I could be wrong but that is why I said ti post a fatwa if there is on this issue so both of us can benefit.

Barakallah feek

wassalam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
On a side note, I advise you not to link to the SunniPath website. It is a deviant website teaching the Nuh Haa Meem brand of Sufism while attacking scholars like Shaykh al-Albaanee. As an example of their baseless claims:

I don't wish to post links so I will simply advise you to abandon that website.

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh

Jazak Allaahu Khayr,

yes they are very wrong people who love promoting incorrect Aqeedah, shirk and bid'ah. What they teach is really dispicable. They are not teaching the teachings of Ahlul Hadith or Ahlus sunnah.

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh

rtbour

american muslima
I guess this is a good issue to bring up. I think ahmed_indian is right. English is my first language, but at the same time, I am a revert to Islam so I'm sure I don't have all the answers. However, in English when you are referring to THE God (Allaah), you have to use a capital letter. You also have to use a capital letter when you talk about things relating to God. For example, The Qur'an. The Bible, etc. Also, if you are talking TO God and calling him "You," one must also capitalize the word "you." I don't know why it's like this, but it is. I don't know if that can be considered a haraam thing or not, but I do know the general rule is that anything that belongs to God and all addresses/referals to God (even if you don't use His name) must be capitalized. I think it's just a respect thing.
As for spelling, I am not so sure about it. You can type Allah into google and get tons of information about God with that spelling. Same with His Book. You can type Koran, Quran, Qur'an, and all kinds of other spellings and get results. So what really is the right way to spell these things? I have a Qur'an and it is spelled Qur'an on the book. That's why I only spell it with one A. The spelling is harder to control than the capitalization, I think. Not sure if that issue can be fixed. =)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
JazakAllahu khair brother for the reminder.

Thank you very much for this reminder
May Allah be pleased with you InshAllah

jazaka allah khiaran katiran dear brother ahmed for this much imprtant advice may allah grant ypou with each words double hasanat

I guess this is a good issue to bring up. I think ahmed_indian is right.

Barakallah Feekum! may Allah be pleased with you all too.

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Salamu alaykum

since it is not haram and not sinful than it must be opposite of that, which is permissable? I understand what you mean as " respect". But we can't yel at those who don't write it with capital letters, we can't argue with them otherwise we argue over something which is permissable and not haram or sinful as you said.

Also, respecting Allah or Quran etc. Is not just by spelling but by following the comandmants of Allah and learning the Quran and implementing it in our lives.

Barakallah feek you could be right and I could be wrong but that is why I said ti post a fatwa if there is on this issue so both of us can benefit.

Barakallah feek

wassalam

Assalamu alaikkum

well then there must be a reason why the translation quran have the names Allah, Islam etc. capitilized. If it wasn't that important, then it would have remained small letters. Just something to think about, eh? :)

Wasalamu alaikkum