Praying to Two Qiblahs??!

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Salam alaikum.

What's up with this video?
[yt]rJ10fkZiDsU[/yt]

Can someone translate what's going on? the youtube vid says they are wahabis ... :S

EDIT: I don't really know what is going on, but I'm guessing one group thought that praying direction was one way, and the other group thought it was the other way, so the two groups prayed the way they thought was right.. Is that even allowed?!

Salam alaikum.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Salam,

lahauwala quwata illabillah! YA ALLAH! what is going on?!

Wassalam

i dont see anything wrong with it. Because you use your own knowledge to estimate the direction and the reason why some people pray in different directions os due to difference in estimating the direction of kibla

dna1987

Muslim Guy
i dont see anything wrong with it. Because you use your own knowledge to estimate the direction and the reason why some people pray in different directions os due to difference in estimating the direction of kibla

But .. firstly, they are their right together, can't they come with an agreement? Instead their are two imams praying in two different directions? And they are about 90 degrees off from each other - how can they differ in the direction so much ... Salam alaikum.

Imran_00

Descendent of Aadam
salaam allaikum

Br. alkathiri

isnt it better to use things like Qiblah Compass and stuff. to decide in these situations. rather than praying two diffret salaat. i mean it looks wierd to me too.

salaam allaikum

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
salaam allaikum

Br. alkathiri

isnt it better to use things like Qiblah Compass and stuff. to decide in these situations. rather than praying two diffret salaat. i mean it looks wierd to me too.

salaam allaikum

They might be bedouins,

yangga

Qiblah direction can be determined easily nowdays, even you can use internet by using google map. Or every years in one day, you can make calibration of your qiblah using a shadow of the sun when the sun exactly above the ka'bah. So the difference is quite strange for me.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters

its hard to tell from the video why they are facing to two different directions. i can see some nice pickups in the background which suggests that they are not unfamiliar with modern equipments (compass isn't so modern lol) and if they are bedouin muslims then surely one whould think they should be prepared and equipped with such things to estimate the right direction of Qibla.
the arrangements of the shade of a tent overhead and nice carpets beneath and also a camera man filming them are all suggesting that they are not short of tools and should be able to locate the Qibla

wallahu alam

Jihan

well the strange thing is why are they not praying together? just because you're not sure of the directions doesn't you have to go as far as splitting up. As long as you agree with the person that seems most sure or just face a direction. I've never seen Bedouines ever dress like that.... besides they are pros at using the sun to indicate directions.

PS: what is there a cameraman for? did they plan this? and so it was so important he didn't need to participate in the prayer? Hmmmm.... to many questions left unanswered....

Imran_00

Descendent of Aadam
salaam allaikum

LOL i think some are praying towards jerusalem . heehehheh

i think we should leave this video alone as we dont know why and it has nothing to do with us or islam. and we were not even present thier when this happened. so i guess there is no benefit in disscussiong this video.

salaam allaikum

yangga

I agree, no benefit we discuss this video, because we don't know exactly why they have different qiblah ?