probably sounds stupid but.

esperanza

revert of many years
Who's discouraging her? All I said was that she is not ready yet.

dear sister if you really want to take the shahada do it..it is the first and most important step....everything esle comes wiht time,,,,nobody does everything all at once,,,everyone needs time,,dont be afraid of if you can do everything....the important is that you want to do them and it will come in time..as someone mentioned there are many born muslims neglect thier prayer dont over live as they wish..you are already better off because you wish to do better

and rember your past is wiped out you begin wiht a new slate...do it before its too late

im a revert of 20 years..and still im learning still growing and still making mistakes

but the important is we always try to be better inshallah

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
dear Serena77,if you wish to take shahada it's for yourself and for the sake of Allah.you'll take awareness that there is nothing to be afraid except from Allah.praying 5 times a day it's a duty for all muslims.how can you feel afraid?take this example as a joke:"when you need to go to the toilet,do you feel obliged to do it,or do you go there to expel something your body doesn't accept anymore?"the prayers,purify your soul and strenghten your heart.you can feel stonger than before and accepting Islam I hope for you the best for you.:wasalam:

Tomtom

Banned
Sis K-A-K

I think you misunderstood. What I meant was that a person who comes to Islam born or not into it and understands or knows about Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and then consciously disbelieve or turns apostate then that person would be unforgiven according to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. Your case is different although you didn't practise your religion, you mended your ways and you took the necessary steps to rectify your situation. So you are still within the fold of Islam and I assume you pray and implement the five pillars in your life.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brothers and sisters,

I believe what the issue is simple. Brother Tomtom is simply being very serious. He is not suggesting that she not take shahada; he is suggesting that she be fully cognizant that this is not a game. This is the most serious decision in her life. He is very serious and direct.

Thus, we allow reason to ask a question.

K-A-K

No i was just wondering!

Thanks a lot...

Yes, I try my best to do as much as possible. I haven't been a good person, i know, but i want to do better. Maybe this was the only way i could return to Him. And i think it to be so. Because no matter how much we read about struggle, patience, praying, etc, first hand experience is the best of all the lessons.

Waslam

serena77

dear Serena77,if you wish to take shahada it's for yourself and for the sake of Allah.you'll take awareness that there is nothing to be afraid except from Allah.praying 5 times a day it's a duty for all muslims.how can you feel afraid?take this example as a joke:"when you need to go to the toilet,do you feel obliged to do it,or do you go there to expel something your body doesn't accept anymore?"the prayers,purify your soul and strenghten your heart.you can feel stonger than before and accepting Islam I hope for you the best for you.:wasalam:

salaams sister
i did have to laugh at that... especially because my job... more than frowns upon us getting up more than our scheduled breaks and lunches...

brother Tom... i learned one thing along time ago... to have enough fear is not a bad thing no matter what its in relation to.. maybe it means i move slower than some would have i was raised to exercise a large bit of caution ... its not at all bad .... and you say say it means myself or anyone else isnt ready... but i do disagree...
I think a lot of things are like families having children.. if you wait till your 100% ready. it won't ever happen...

i worry because there's so much i don't know... i know i won't be perfect in anything probably... but that hasn't stopped me from learning... from praying ... from wanting to learn arabic so i can read the Qu'ran in the language it was written...

i am in a different situation than you are too brother Tom, you have a lot of things that i don't have the experience of .. i know you know how much Allah (swt) has blessed you.

He has blessed me too but in many different ways as i don't have access to the community in person that you and others do.. and there are no like minded people here and my parents are about as against it as they can be... but he has still blessed me w/ wanting to go down the right path... its not so much worried that i'm not ready, as hoping that even when i disappoint i can figure out how to ask for forgiveness.
Serena

Kakorot

:salam2:

Serena I think if you believe in Islam, then you should take shahadah. Yes you may not be ready to start following Islam, but at least if you testify, you'll be on the safe side if you was to die.

saifkhan

abd-Allah

okay... as foolish and as stupid as this will probably sound.... i plan to take the shahada in the next week weeks... but i am scared... i wasn't baptized in any of the christian churches as a child.. my baptism and later my confirmation into the catholic church... were done as an adult... so its not like this is the first time i've ever made a big decision concerning religion... i probably in some ways cheated my way through the catholic instruction for adults because the teacher was sympathetic to the assualt i'd been through and i just couldn't handle a class at night ... and so she met w/ me once a week... gave me a topic for the next week and then asked me if i had any questions ... i was too nervous to have any and i did a LOT of reading on my own ....

this is different.. i'm so afraid i won't get all the prayers in every day.... i know there are some things i will have to continue due to where i live...
doesn't mean i don't want to take the shahada i do.... very much.... but i can't help but be a bit afraid of it....

as salam 'alaykum warahmatu-llah

being very straight, it is between you And Allah azza wa jal, if you feel scared, even then you have to pray for the strength.

the only thing between you and the Shahadah, is shaytaan

reconsider the matter

I'd like to request, please go through Tawheed again, if it's clear and you know His identity, then you shouldn't be scared or even thinking twice.

[yt]l8TFHiqdL4A[/yt]

who is Allah?

just a short video, i hope it will help you a bit

fee amani-llah

alf2

Islam is a way of life
As'alaamu Alaikkum

I didn't mean to upset anybody here with my reply to Serena. Now let's look at her post very carefully.

but i am scared
i'm so afraid i won't get all the prayers in every day
but i can't help but be a bit afraid of it

OK if a person is scared and is not 100% committed then the chances are that person will not stay the course but somewhere along the line she will abandon what she started. It's true satan will cast doubts in her head, even as something as simple as a friend making a derogatory comment about her conversion she will quit. Once you become a muslim and you turn away Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala says that is an unforgivable sin. One must be able to die for their belief and for God. There are no half ways about it. Either you are a muslim or you are not. Simple.

I sometimes come across as being harsh, it's just that I like to talk straight, I don't like to sugar coat stuff when the salvation of your soul is at stake.

I was scared too Tom. But here I am....3 years later...alhamdulilah. I think having some fear of the uncertainty of how Islam will change your life is normal. How would my family and friends react? Will people stare at me in public? Can I make the 5 prayers each day? Will I be a good enough person to be honored of being called a "Muslim"?

I have seen MANY girls apostate from Islam, ahudubillah minash shaytaan ar-rajeem. But I think seeing Islam as some sort of "exotic" lifestyle was what made them revert for the wrong reasons.

serena77

jazak allah khair for the video and for the encouragement all -
to me .. there is a very big difference in second thoughts and being afraid to take the leap. To me the two aren't interchangable. I'm scared everytime i go to the rhuematologist but i go each time hoping for a final diagnosis... it hasn't happened yet.... I still go faithfully.
i have no doubt islam is the correct path. I know what is said for the shahada is
true and i believe it with all my heart. i probably have since i started reading the qu'ran ....
maybe the thread was an even better idea than i thought because it reminded me exactly how certain i was in my beliefs

Serena

alf2

Islam is a way of life
jazak allah khair for the video and for the encouragement all -
to me .. there is a very big difference in second thoughts and being afraid to take the leap. To me the two aren't interchangable. I'm scared everytime i go to the rhuematologist but i go each time hoping for a final diagnosis... it hasn't happened yet.... I still go faithfully.
i have no doubt islam is the correct path. I know what is said for the shahada is
true and i believe it with all my heart. i probably have since i started reading the qu'ran ....
maybe the thread was an even better idea than i thought because it reminded me exactly how certain i was in my beliefs

Serena

Subhan allah Serena, if you are so sure. Say your shahaddah right now. I mean, of course you will do it with witnesses in public. But start right now because we dont know if next week will come.

As soon as I was certain I was a Muslim, I made salah best I could and said my shahaddah.

serena77

I was scared too Tom. But here I am....3 years later...alhamdulilah. I think having some fear of the uncertainty of how Islam will change your life is normal. How would my family and friends react? Will people stare at me in public? Can I make the 5 prayers each day? Will I be a good enough person to be honored of being called a "Muslim"?

I have seen MANY girls apostate from Islam, ahudubillah minash shaytaan ar-rajeem. But I think seeing Islam as some sort of "exotic" lifestyle was what made them revert for the wrong reasons.
------------ end quote
Sister Alf thank you .... this was very much what i meant. I would never revert for the wrong reasons.. I've seen that done in other religions.. more times than i can count... i was the lay minister of the parish i belonged in... and spent a lot of time w/ the RCIA program... then there was a couple in there... a man and his fiance... they broke up and she posted that she was glad the relationship was over so she could go back to her other church.... that bothered me in so many ways... still does.... i hate to say it... but it does.

Serena

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum dear sister Serena,

I still don't see what the problem is.

Either you're going to say shahadah or not...I mean we are here to help and support you yet you're still so hesitant. Why is that?

What exactly are you afraid of? Other people? Who cares what other people think. You don't even have to tell your parents right now if you're not ready to. I said I with one witness and kept it a secret from my family.

It is between YOU and ALLAH.

What are you afraid of? Don't let the fear of rejection and doubt ruin your life.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Asalam alaikum dear sister Serena,

I still don't see what the problem is.

Either you're going to say shahadah or not...I mean we are here to help and support you yet you're still so hesitant. Why is that?

What exactly are you afraid of? Other people? Who cares what other people think. You don't even have to tell your parents right now if you're not ready to. I said I with one witness and kept it a secret from my family.

It is between YOU and ALLAH.

What are you afraid of? Don't let the fear of rejection and doubt ruin your life.

Thanks dear. You said it so well.

Just you and Allah.

When you say shahada you step to new path of life. Very nice one.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Sister Serena,

I'd say go for it! Take your shahada, declare your testification about the Oneness of Allaah subhanahu wa Ta'ala as The Only God and that Muhammad :saw2: is His Messenger. Declare that clarification of faith and start your life as a Muslim. . . one step at a time.

It is perfectly normal to have such feeling of fear. Just be careful as to not let the whispers of shaytaan cloud you. Making doubts inside your heart. Yes, you will have that doubts, whispers but with the help from The AlMighty God, that too shall pass even if the journey is long and. . . hard.

Even we as Muslims, in our daily life of struggle to please Our Creator, to submit our mind and soul fully to Allaah subhanahu wa Ta'ala, we put our fear [khawf] and hopes [rajaa'] in Him subhanahu wa Ta'ala. Fear that our deeds may not be accepted, fear that we might fall again to our old self, fear of His Wrath at times when we are sinning but in the same time, we always think good of Allaah. We depend ourselves fully to Him in every matter. We strive every second with the help from The Divine. We make dua'a and prayers constantly. Fear and hope.

With this, I hope to hear the good news the next time I see you post, inshaAllaah. :)

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Assalamualaikum Warahmatullaahi Wabarakaatuh.

Sister, take the shahadah. You'll never know if youre gonna live tomorrow! And the rest had their say! I pray that you'll choose wisely and may Allah guide you!

serena77

salaam
i decided that the majority were right. i can't touch the qu'ran ... but as i did this in front of my laptop and and didnt need to read out any passages then that wasn't an issue.

if the answers i found online were wrong.... and i need to retake it when i am in a state of being pure... I will. I had found this awesome youtube video that went over everything gave it in english, then in arabic then explained the arabic and then at the end he said it so it could be repeated again. i bookmarked the video incase i do have to do it again.

jakazallah khair to the encouragement. I wish i could have had friends w/ me, but sometimes that just doesn't work out.

i know i did the right thing. I wish people who lived around here would be supportive but thats not going to happen.. another reason i"m so blessed to have friends here.

Inshallah everyone has a good rest of the weekend.
serena

a_stranger

Code:
wa aleikum al-salam,

Dear sister, dont feel so worryed please, think that this is between you and your God, the one that created you and He knows his creations better then anyone, with our goods and our shortcomings.

He is the Most Mercyfull, if you pray 5 times a day is for your own good, we must take care of our spiritual needs in the best way that we can.
I was batised as christain, but my parents did this not me, important is that you heard the call to the truth and you want to follow it now, alhamdullilah.

Do your best and take it step by step, we are to learn until the graves, noone can say i will stop here, now i am finish with all.

Inchallah all will be good with you. :tti_sister:

Dear sister your words penetrate into my soul in the nicest way, may Allah bless you. I pray that Allah subhanahu wa taala open our hearts to the truth.