Problems with ex-husband, please advise :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

My concern for you is that you are carrying the burden by yourself. Do you have anyone in your corner. It seems as if you have two cultures that are crisscrossing and you are right in the middle.
Are you in contact with the ex-in -laws. Will they help to provide guidance for you?

trying2learn

In the courts eyes, he already screwed up once by leaving the country and not showing up for the hearing. I have ALOT of experience with divorce, and kids getting dragged into it. My parents are divorced, and my husband is divorced from his ex-wife. I understand the stress that you are going through, as well as I understand where your husband now stands. It's sooo painful to try your best, and love your step children unconditionally to know you have no legal right over them. It's even harder when you are trying to keep them on the right path, but know a biological parent is saing or doing something opposite. I cannot speak to what your husband is thinking or feeling, but I know it breaks my heart when I see my step-kids being shown the wrong path or knowing that they are going to get hurt because of their mother.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:

Well keep praying sister. And if matters go to the court then prove that your child will be hands of wrong upbringing and it will effect his future. I assume you have a strong case to defend against him. Islamically also if the father is unsound and will effect the child growing up unislamically then the mother has all right to take the child.

Most important use your greatest weapon that is Dua. Inshaa'Allah everything will be alright. Also as everyone said consult an Imam if possible.

Allaah Azza Wa Jal is with you just have patience and keep making Dua.

Hannah123

One Truth
Yes I do have a strong case, they have all documented cases from before where it states he's left country. So now i'm confused. Should I not let him see his father at all?
What if it's under supervision at my job? I work at a library and i take my son with me every Sunday. I was thinking to allow him to come here to see him. Is that a bad idea?
No i have noone in my corner. My mom loves my ex-husband and his wife so she's on their side. His parents are in Mexico. I only have you guys!!!
I still don't know what to do.
I started to fill out the papers and put that he could see him every sunday 1-5. So should I change it and fight the petition for visitation?
Am i screwing myself over for if he tries for custody?
Please a little more help and I'll let you all go.

Hannah123

One Truth
@Abu Talib
do you know any hadith regarding an ex-husband rights?
Like how u stated if its unislamic than i have every right?
thanks.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh sister Hannah.
In the name of Allah (SWT), the Compassionate, the Most Most Merciful. All praise belongs to Allah (SWT), we praise
Him, seek his aid, ask for his forgiveness, and we seek his guidance. Whomsoever Allah (SWT) guides to the Haqq
(His way, which is the Deen of Islam), none can misguide, and whomsoever he allows to go astray (because they
follow their desires), none can guide. And I testify that none deserves to be worshipped but Allah (SWT), that He
has no partners or similarities, and I testify that Muhammad (SAW) is his final Rasul.

Sister, how many children do you have from your ex-husband?

How many boys/girls do you have from him?

How old are they? (And also, have they going through/finished puberty?)

Please explain about your ex-husband (nationality also please) (including the negative stuff: drug abuse, domestic
violence, etc.)

Please explain the kind of relationship that your son (or other children) have with your ex-husband?

Did he ever abuse or attack them, treat them badly? etc.

How many years have you been divorced with him?

How much does your son (or other children from your ex) love him? Ex: not that much, a little bit, doesn't really
like him, hates him, etc.

Is your son (/other children from him) desperate/eager/excited/longing to see/spend time with him?

How far does he live from you, and how many houses does he live in (ex. one in Mexico, one in Delaware, etc.)?

Does he continue to use drugs or those bad stuff?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just needed some background information so that I can understand the type of man
that your ex-husband is, and the possible things that can be done in order to solve this issue, please forgive me.

Sister, for now, the best advise that I can give you is to make dua to Allah (SWT), and ask Him to do whatever pleases HIM the most, and you should do Salatul Istikhara:

https://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6612

And remember to put your full Tawakkul (Full Reliance and Trust) in Allah (SWT), because only those who have Tawakkul in Allah (SWT) will be able to receive His Favour and Mercy.

I'll also make dua for you, and hopefully, this sitution will be solved in the best manner, Inshallah Ta Alla.

Hannah123

One Truth
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh sister Hannah.
In the name of Allah (SWT), the Compassionate, the Most Most Merciful. All praise belongs to Allah (SWT), we praise
Him, seek his aid, ask for his forgiveness, and we seek his guidance. Whomsoever Allah (SWT) guides to the Haqq
(His way, which is the Deen of Islam), none can misguide, and whomsoever he allows to go astray (because they
follow their desires), none can guide. And I testify that none deserves to be worshipped but Allah (SWT), that He
has no partners or similarities, and I testify that Muhammad (SAW) is his final Rasul.

Sister, how many children do you have from your ex-husband? only the one son

How many boys/girls do you have from him? one boy

How old are they? (And also, have they going through/finished puberty?) he's almost 7

Please explain about your ex-husband (nationality also please) (including the negative stuff: drug abuse, domestic
violence, etc.)
This is all in the past i know he is not a bad person in those ways anymore. he's from mexico, here illegally
Please explain the kind of relationship that your son (or other children) have with your ex-husband?
He hasn't seen him for atleast a yr. and before that it was like twice a year if that, very sporadic

Did he ever abuse or attack them, treat them badly? etc.
He never hurt my son, only me.

How many years have you been divorced with him? we've been divorced since 2005

How much does your son (or other children from your ex) love him? Ex: not that much, a little bit, doesn't really
like him, hates him, etc.
Well i've asked my son if he wants to see him and he says no, but how can he answer that, he doesn't even know him.

Is your son (/other children from him) desperate/eager/excited/longing to see/spend time with him?
no, he's nervous, but it's going to be at my job so i'll just be around the corner from the kids library area.

How far does he live from you, and how many houses does he live in (ex. one in Mexico, one in Delaware, etc.)?
he lives in delaware, like 15 min from me, and he has gone to mexico illegally atleast 3 times since i've known him.

Does he continue to use drugs or those bad stuff?
He doesn't do any of this, or drink at all.

Sorry for all the questions, but I just needed some background information so that I can understand the type of man
that your ex-husband is, and the possible things that can be done in order to solve this issue, please forgive me.

Sister, for now, the best advise that I can give you is to make dua to Allah (SWT), and ask Him to do whatever pleases HIM the most, and you should do Salatul Istikhara:

https://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6612

And remember to put your full Tawakkul (Full Reliance and Trust) in Allah (SWT), because only those who have Tawakkul in Allah (SWT) will be able to receive His Favour and Mercy.

I'll also make dua for you, and hopefully, this sitution will be solved in the best manner, Inshallah Ta Alla.

And it's happening today, so if you read this please keep me in your dua'as.
thanks.

Idris16

Your husband should understand that a father wants to meet his little son! What kind of a husband threatens to divorce his wife?? It's strange. He should rather be more concerned with protecting our ummah.

Hannah123

One Truth
Sooo I told my husband about the whole thing.
Well not all of it, because as soon as i told him I wanted to allow visitation he was immediately upset.
I think i remained calm and did the best I could in talking to him.
Atleast I feel better about telling him.
But it looks like I will have to go behind his back, i mean not discuss it with him at all, to let the ex have time with his son.

Alhamdulillah, I feel relieved, but still a little sad because my husband is very mad and I don't know when he will get over it. Please make dua'a for me and my family that we can get past this simple issue.
Thanks.

Hannah123

One Truth
One more thing, I wanted to really thank you all for helping me out and giving me good words of wisdom. I've taken it all to heart and feel like a stronger person because of it.

I get so confused sometimes about when to be obedient to my husband and when I should argue back with him. I feel like a slave sometimes and I'm not sure if this is how a muslim marriage should be.

We have some real issues to work through and inshaAllah we will make it. If not then Allah will guide me to something better.