Proof of Palestine

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

I know that a lot of Israeli supporters say that until Israel was "given back", there was no Palestine - that Palestine was just "made-up" by the Arab/Muslims because they wanted to keep their land.

Well, in just random browsing for books for my Kindle ebook reader, I came across this book:
Palestine or the Holy Land From the Earliest Period to the Present Time
by Michael Russell 1781-1848 (Author)

Hmmm, if Palestine was only just "created" in the 20th century, how did an author who died in 1848 write a book about it? I will say that in browsing the book, it is not really about Islam at all, but the birth of Christianity, and it does not paint Islam in a positive light. But even so, there are several other books written in that time period about Palestine (again, mostly about Christianity), so if someone ever makes that excuse to you (that Palestine was just "made-up"), point them to this book.

http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext05/8pltn10.txt

Again, the book is does not give a positive light to Islam (it is actually quite antiquated with regard to facts of many sorts, but it is a 150 year old book), but it does prove that average people DID know that there was a Palestine a long time ago. Interestingly enough, the book is very positive toward the conduct of Saladin during all the various battles in the holy lands.