Queen of England knighting Rushdie - a slap on the face for Muslims

Believe2Succeed

:salam2:
AOA WRWB!
So the queen of England has knighted the infamous Salman Rushdie showing again that they care less of the feelings of Muslims. Pakistan so far is the only country that has sounded protest against this act and even that a day or 2 late.
I believe all muslim countries should protest. But where are the muslim governments in showing unity against the defamer of the Prophet Muhammad SAW?

eemaan1

with all due respect, whats that gona achieve?

lets not make him out 2 b more important than he is by giving him any reason for any more publicity.

wassalam

Believe2Succeed

with all due respect, whats that gona achieve?

lets not make him out 2 b more important than he is by giving him any reason for any more publicity.

wassalam

^^
WA
Although you have a point, many believe that when attention will be given it will be more negative then positive.
Also, most muslim countries are arms in arms with the the superpowers of UK, US etc. They should show some backbone and say that they will not accept this act.
Wallahu Alam.

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

Saudi foreign ministry did say their are more worthy people like those who speak for peace and understanding, to be recognized by the state of England.

Anyways I would hate to be in Salman's shoes on the day of judgement... :D innit????

kayleigh

Protest protest protest. Protests at this point are dangerous and just plain stupid. It won't change anything, for one. But also, whenever a ton of Muslims get together a protest, things usually turn violent. And what does that make other people think? That Muslims are hell bent on destruction and are very violent people who can't take criticism. I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone should protest. At this point, I don't think we could even handle it. If it was peaceful, fine, but it's almost guaranteed that it won't be. Any action taken will backfire on us and make us look worse than we already do.

The Queen has the right to do what she wants. And Rushdie had the right to say and write what he wanted. Free speech, which I am a huge fan of, is what protects him. Not everyone is going to be in love with Islam, and some Muslims need to get over it. Now, I personally never read the Satanic Verses simply because it bored me and I couldn't get past the first chapter, and I don't agree with what I hear is said in it, but he had every right to write it and people have every right to read it.

falasteny

that was not strange it will be strange if she did not knighte him
every body knows that if anybody wanna be a famous person all what he have to do is attack islam and he will be all over the media as person who deserve to be honered
la hawla wala qowat ella bellah

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
ASAK,
these people are trading Dunya with Akhira, so brothers and sisters be patient and keep doing your good work. no matter what we say or do i makes less or no impact in this kind of situation.

Love my islam

I was disgusted when I heard this news on tv. After all the negetive publicity and rioting that went on for Mr.Rushdie queen decides to reward him. What has he actually done to achieve that status? Protesting wont help anyone. Maybe she wants to test muslims. Our test is with Allah. Mr.Rushdie will get his reward in akhira.

kayleigh

Literary critics have said that his novel, Satanic Verses, was a poor writing! Knighting the man is not an insult to Islam, it's an insult to knighthood ;) It's like giving the Nobel prize for peace to Dick Cheney.

lol nice one. But seriously - is that all he's famous for? And what did he get knighted for in particular? Anything?

I tried reading it a few years ago and after a few pages I was totally asleep. It's a jumbled mess. It's a crappy book, and I'm not saying that because I'm Muslim - I tried reading it long before converting or knowing anything about Islam.

mohsofi_abdullah

Salman has become the "Expert on Muslims" for the western world, since the "Satanic Versus", If I'm not mistaken...
I watched news like, one or two weeks ago, that he is indeed an important person in Europe right now, for having the "reference authority" when it comes to relevant writings on various Islamic Intercontinent issues or something... Can't really recall the exact headlines, but yeah... he is indeed an important person to certain quarters...
Yup, they could use some "good" muslims on their side... LOL

The lesson is, to ignore such stupid scenario and go on with our lives, because Salman sure doesn't know any muslims right now, for the sake of his own life... :) But nobody really wanted to kill this guy anyway, he was too self-absorbed... LOL

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

As someone suggested earlier in the thread that protesting wont do much. I too believe what it does is just paint a more violent image of muslims and what I have seen so far, it really doesnt change anything about the attitudes of those who offend us. They just give us a reason to be annoyed and feel bad and then blame us for being irresponsible. The sooner we understand their tactics the better for us. I personally feel that we have a lot more serious issues to take care of. Uniting and educating the Ummah are far more imortant issues

But as its about Mr. Rushdie let me just say how imoprtant and valuable he and his likes are to them.

Rushdie lived almost underground for nine years, guarded — at a cost of £1 million a year
Source :http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=fbdf667f-5150-4a8a-adc0-f1c7bbf41f29

And before British start hating me for not honouring thier knight let me tell them how much their knight love and honour them.
Anyone who is curious why Mr. Rushdie is so honoured ? just have a look !

http://jamaat.net/rushdie/Rushdie.html