Query regarding Laylat-ul-Qadr

FahdAW

Is there an actual date for Laylat-ul-Qadr? Or does it fall on any of the last 10 days of Ramadan? Can someone please quote any relevant narrations regarding this?

Is there any specific Duaa or verses from the Qur'An that is recommended for this night?

I have some travel plans for next week, and InshaAllah, I would very much like to not miss staying up on Laylat-ul-Qadr.

Thanks in advance for answers, dear brothers and sisters. Will pray for you all too.

FahdAW

I apologize for not saying Salaam. I'm catching upon the posting ettiquettes.

"As Salaamu Aalaykum".

Abu Talib

Feeling low
As-Salamu 'Alaykum

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Seek it in the last ten nights, in the odd nights.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (2016) and Sahîh Muslim (1167)]

So you should seek in from the odd nights of the last ten days of Ramadaan.

The_truth

Is there an actual date for Laylat-ul-Qadr? Or does it fall on any of the last 10 days of Ramadan? Can someone please quote any relevant narrations regarding this?

Is there any specific Duaa or verses from the Qur'An that is recommended for this night?

I have some travel plans for next week, and InshaAllah, I would very much like to not miss staying up on Laylat-ul-Qadr.

Thanks in advance for answers, dear brothers and sisters. Will pray for you all too.

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Allah kept the Night of power hidden in one of the last ten nights of Ramadan so that we can worship him in all of the nights and not just one night.

Can you imagine if the night of power was known then hardly anyone would pray on the other nights knowing that Laylatul Qadr was on a specific night. Therefore brother we should endevour to worship Allah as much as we can on all of the last ten nights. If we can't do all then at least the last odd nights.

If you can't do the whole night then at least do what you can. These last few days are precious and one should disregard everything else for one can continue to do other wordly things after Ramadan. The reward of this one blessed night is 1000 months reward. That is a huge reward and we cannot afford to miss out on this!

So brother try to worship as much as you can in all of the last 10 nights and use these last ten days to gain closeness to Allah gaining his mercy and forgiveness.

This thread will help you inshallah to maximise the alst ten days:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60867

Please also remember me in your dua's on these nights.