Question about 4 wives in Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenofhearts

yes its not mentioned in da quran abt taking permission from da first wife but is it mentioned in da quran dat da wishes of da first wife shud be completely disregareded

infact it is better to get da first wives consent as otherwise it can create problem in da future

queenofhearts

i hav done a lot of research on dis topic and most islamic scholars say dat polygamy is allowed only under conditions such as wife being barren or chronically ill

queenofhearts

many men who get married again do so secretly widout informing da first wife as dey dat she wont accept da situation

is this really fair to da first wife, i dont think so
of course if da first wife has no problem den its all right
bte we can also help unmarried women by funding for their marriage anf finding suitable muslim brothers for them

queenofhearts

as i hav mentioned b4 if a man gets married again then da first wife can get divorce in islam on these grounds if shez not willin 2 liv in a polygamous marriage

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister you keep talking about the unfairness. You limit the context of marriage to a singular relationship. It is not. Romance is a singular relationship for a very limited amount of time. As I have stated before..many are stuck on the emotional issues. These are simply put very immature.
Ali did have bonds women, women who were his right hand possessions. He was able to fulfill his needs.
I am not blaming anyone. I am simply stating that women have a choice of practicing their faith.
If we leave the emotional and sexual confines of marriage and look at the greater picture...polygamy is indeed a blessing. Marriage is the backbone of society. It builds Islam.
Polygamy is to a degree a solution to many economic ills. It is in essence a mini system. It is the first of all eco-systems. Polygamy is one of the direct solutions to a welfare system. It enables a man to spend his wealth in a halal way.

Idris16

The main problem I have with a man marrying 4 wives under Islam, is that if that is the case, then it should also be allowed for a woman to have 4 husbands.
:salam2:
Well if u want 16 children then i agree with u that u should have four husbands :wasalam:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Offcourse that's right, however Allahu Tabaraka Ta'ala really hate divorce right? While Polygyny does reward the patience of the wifes.

So it's like "What so big about love to husband or whatever, Allah's reward and meeting with Him are bigger than that, so what do I mind about Polygyny, I only mind if he does not have the capability and does not able to be fair and treat his wifes as equal. When he does so, I will remind him."

Polygyny is essentially blessings from Allahu Ta'ala.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Allaicomu Salam brother

Can you bring me a verse from Holy Quran where Allah subahe we tela that marrying more than 1 wife is blessing.???

Please brother do not forget on modesty which is one of the most beautyful charecters of every Muslim,and do not forget the reason why Allah said that man can marry more than one wife.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Well if u want 16 children then i agree with u that u should have four husbands :wasalam:

Muslim women is the most purest and clean creation of Allah brother,and that is why Allah would neve alowed that she marry with more than one husband Astagfirullah,and Muslim women like a pure creation could never be able to do such a thing Astagfirullah.

May Allah guide us all.

Salam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Allaicomu dear brother.

Brother I am not sure am I wrong,I think you have already asked this question and many of brothers and sisters replyed you.

First of all brother we are not folowers of Bible,we are folowers of Allah Holy Words(Holy Quran),and Sunnah of our holy Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s. SubhanAllah.
In the Holy Quran Allah subhan we teala sais:You can get marryed with those womens that are alowed for you,with two,with three,and with four,and if you are afraid that you will not be justice towerds them than only with one"(Surah An Nissa).This ayah is clear Allhamdulilalh and Allahs limits noone can breake Inshallah.
If we look better and if we use are wisdom and if we are thinking about our Holy religion Isalm it sais that Muslims must be modest so it means that for thier modesty and only servinfg to Allah it is enough that they marry with only one women,becasue their only role in this life is serving to Allah Almighty and marrying with more womens it would not be modesty.
If Allah alowed to man to get marryed with more than one women,it means the most four,it is becasue of that Muslim man can help to some sister Muslim sister if he has good financial state and not becasue of his personal interests.

We should always reamin modesty as much as we can.
The best example is our beloved Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s.(peace be upon him) and his holy,modest,and blessed life.
In his early ages,when he was only 25 years old he can marryed with Khadiya8peace be upon her) whcih was 40 years and she was not so much beatiful.But still our Prophet mOhammed s.a.w.s decided for her,of his all piety and modesty SubahnAllah.

With all other wives Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s did not get marryed becasue of his personal wishes and interest (Neuzubillah),but becasue he get order from Allah to do that and on taht way to spread Islam.

Our Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s was the most modest persone and the best of all mainkinds SubahnAllah and he should be example for all Muslims Inshallah.

Can you give us brother the links of web sites where it writes "a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry".

These are not Islamic websites brother,and you should stay away from the Inshallah.

May Allah bless you.

Salam.

Idris16

Muslim women is the most purest and clean creation of Allah brother,and that is why Allah would neve alowed that she marry with more than one husband Astagfirullah,and Muslim women like a pure creation could never be able to do such a thing Astagfirullah.

May Allah guide us all.

Salam
Ameen to the du3a

Sister Asja i was just kidding!
I said 16 children because i wanted her to get the point
the point was that she should realize how many kids, headaches she would get if she had 4 husbands Astaghfirullah!!
:wasalam:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Ameen to the du3a

Sister Asja i was just kidding!
I said 16 children because i wanted her to get the point
the point was that she should realize how many kids, headaches she would get if she had 4 husbands Astaghfirullah!!

It is not point in that brother.

Point is that Muslim women is the most pure,clean and the most beautyfull creation of Allah.

Alhadmulillah that she now understands the right meaning Inshallah.

May Allah bless you brother

Salam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
LOL, I don't want 16 children, and I don't want 4 husbands personally. But I think all systems should be fair, and if a man is allowed to marry 4 wives if he wants to, then it should be allowed for a woman, if she DOES want to, to marry 4 husbands.

Well, I am very puzzled by this statement. First of all, is it not equally important for men and women to be pure? I do not believe that one gender is more pure than the other. And if something is wrong for one gender, then it is wrong for the other gender, and if it is RIGHT for one gender, then it is also right for the other gender.

Anyway, to my mind, one is pure by being kind and fair to people. Whether a man, or a woman, marries one wife or husband, or four, or does not get married at all, seems to me to have nothing to do with whether they are kind or fair, and therefore, nothing to do with whether they are pure.

However, to advocate a system where a man can have 4 wives, but a woman may not have 4 husbands (if she wants to) seems to me to be UNfair, and therefore a system which is far more impure than someone marrying 4 other people, or even 400 (which I think King Solomon in the bible did).

With all due respect Inshallah you should learn more about our beautyful religion Islam and you do not understand obviosly how Muslim women is pure and how much she is shamed of Allah,and that is why she could not even in her dream think to get marry with four husbands Astagirulah,Astagfirullah!!!

And you do not understand Allahs low(Holy Quran).And to inform that it is truth that Muslim women is the most pure creation of Allah.

It is not our Low,it is Allah low,and Allah knows the best.

I apologise for the incovience.

Salam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Alaicum

Muslim man should refrain themselves from geting marry with more than ONE woman as it is not characteristic of modesty Allhamdulilah. And Muslim is modest in every sense of that word, Allhamdullilah.

Shishani

Staff member
@Asja

Wa 'alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaah.

This is misguidance. A Muslim man is allowed to marry 4 wives. But there are some conditions of course. Read this for authentic information concerning the ruling on marrying more than 1 wife:

Ruling on plural marriage and conditions thereof
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/49044

The reason why plural marriage is permitted for men but not for women
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/21459

How can he treat his two wives fairly?
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10091

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
@Asja

Wa 'alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaah.

This is misguidance. A Muslim man is allowed to marry 4 wives. But there are some conditions of course. Read this for authentic information concerning the ruling on marrying more than 1 wife:

Ruling on plural marriage and conditions thereof
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/49044

The reason why plural marriage is permitted for men but not for women
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/21459

How can he treat his two wives fairly?
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10091

Allaicumu Salam dear brother

All Praise to Allah

Dear brother every Muslim knows that in Islam is alowed for a Muslim man to marry with 4 wifes, Allhamdullilah. But not every Muslim has the same level of modesty and shame, Allhamdullilah.

All Muslim man that want to have more than ONE wife thy can do that Allhamdullilah, but there will always be those who will have more shame and piety Allhamdullilah.

There will be those who will be closer to Allah, and shame is half of iman, Allhamdullilah.

Thank you brother for the links but I know very well my religion, Allhamdullilah.

May Allah guide you brother and all Muslims. Ameen

Idris16

LOL, anyway, here's something for you to think about: If you do not think a woman should have 4 husbands, would it be alright for a man who was a homosexual to have 4 husbands?
Salam
No, thats forbidden to be homo
its not our opinions u should listen to its what Islam says especially Allah, prophet Muhammad SAW and the Sahabas!

You can read about Prophet Lut known as Lot in this forum u can search after it! Wa salam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
I think that both men and women are the greatest creation of God. However, they have the free will to use that greatness to either be the most good (or most pure), or to be the most evil (or most impure). But I do not think that the number of wives or husbands someone has makes them very pure or impure. One is pure by being kind or honest, not by one's sexual practices. A man who has 4 wives, but treats them kindly, is a much more pure man to my way of thinking than a man who has only one wife, but beats her for no good reason. And a woman who has 4 husbands, but is kind to people and tells the truth, is a much more pure woman than one who has only one husband but steals from people and hurts them.

I think if a person is kind and honest, then they should not need to be ashamed of how many wives or husbands they have. If someone else wishes them to be ashamed for that reason, I would ask that person: why? What are you trying to hide? Do you tell lies or are you cruel, that you wish to draw attention to the private behavior of this other person?

LOL, anyway, here's something for you to think about: If you do not think a woman should have 4 husbands, would it be alright for a man who was a homosexual to have 4 husbands?

It seems you do not understand Islam and Holy Allahs orders,and pureness of Muslim women who is shame of Allah even to marry for one man,SubahnAllah.

But wait for Judge of Allah Inshallah,and the day of Judgment,Inshallah.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

This thread has brough tears and sadness to my heart becasue nobody is talking about shame of Allah,pureness,piety and modesty.

I have asked of Administator to close this thread for the sake of Allah,but Admisntator did nothing for this.

May Allah guide us all.

Salam

Idris16

This thread has brough tears and sadness to my heart becasue nobody is talking about shame of Allah,pureness,piety and modesty.

I have asked of Administator to close this thread for the sake of Allah,but Admisntator did nothing for this.

May Allah guide us all.

Salam

Insh'Allah he will and btw the member u talked wit habove isnt a muslim

Status
Not open for further replies.