Question about Mahr in marriage

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
Mahr Question - Please answer

Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters. How much does a mahr cost? (In the case the wife wanted money). What is a recommended amount to save up for in preparation for marriage? Jazakallah khair.

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

Mahr amount it dependent on what the wife desires. There is no limitation but women are encouraged to be generous and not ask for a huge amount. Some women prefer other things aside from money or jewelry. I know one sister who asked that her intended memorize a certain part of the Qur'an.

Also, you don't have to pay immediately if the wife agrees. My husband wants to pay a specific amount (way more than I asked for but made sure the amount was put in our nikkah) and he can pay it whenever he is financially able.

bmw540i

Salaams,

My dear brother you have a major problem.In our days the girls were not too sharp so we got away with murder lol.Now they talk of mahr e fatimi which is equal to 1 gold Kruger coin,in South African currency about 15000.00 rands.In my days i could get like 20 wife's.

My solution is to look for one nice anty that is not too worried about the money part,Use your charm man.IF YOU DONT YOU ARE DEAD MEAT. Remember no pay no play.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salaams,

My dear brother you have a major problem.In our days the girls were not too sharp so we got away with murder lol.Now they talk of mahr e fatimi which is equal to 1 gold Kruger coin,in South African currency about 15000.00 rands.In my days i could get like 20 wife's.

My solution is to look for one nice anty that is not too worried about the money part,Use your charm man.IF YOU DONT YOU ARE DEAD MEAT. Remember no pay no play.

salam aleikum

i am sorry dear brother, but you cant say about all womans that are so materialistic, unless you know each one of this earth.
i know between muslim comunity there are big demands, i heard this more then once, but a woman with a true muslim heart i think would consider her demands.
forgive me if i said anything wrong
may Allah make things easy for the brother

:tti_sister:

strive-may-i

Mahr amount it dependent on what the wife desires. There is no limitation but women are encouraged to be generous and not ask for a huge amount. Some women prefer other things aside from money or jewelry. I know one sister who asked that her intended memorize a certain part of the Qur'an.
:wasalam:

:)

If you meet this sister, convey my Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmathullaahi wabarakaathuhu. And if the intended did memorize and succeed, convey my brotherly wishes too!

esperanza

revert of many years
assalam a laykum

unfortunately it is true that many women are materialistic and demand large mahrs,,,especially across the arabia world,,,and north africa,,,making it hard for many men to marry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

bmw540i

salam aleikum

i am sorry dear brother, but you cant say about all womans that are so materialistic, unless you know each one of this earth.
i know between muslim comunity there are big demands, i heard this more then once, but a woman with a true muslim heart i think would consider her demands.
forgive me if i said anything wrong
may Allah make things easy for the brother

:tti_sister:

Salaams,

You are correct but you did not understand what i wrote.Have a look at this part.

My solution is to look for one nice anty that is not too worried about the money part

That would tell you that i did not generalise.There are some nice aunty's and my young son is going to have to eat a lot of samoosas to find her.Good luck and remember enjoy the window shopping it is the best part.