Question about the Injil

tldukr

it's ok my friend

1* the quran comes to correct the Gospels which are full with contradictions, predictions , false teaching , false prophecies, plus the changing of the manuscript for years ....ect and the most important thing is : there is no original text .
2* the prophecies are not fit with Jesus as it suppose to be
Psalm 22-Christ's crucifixion and suffering
the writer of Mark's Gospel choose this passage put it in his story
is he eyewitness of the crucifix or it's just stories where around the area !!
look to the whole passage :

6 But I am a worm, and not a man,
A reproach to men and despicable to the people.

is Jesus Christ a worm or despicable or it was someone else???like Judah !!

3*Micah 5:2-Jesus is born in Bethlehem
according to the two Gospels Luke an Matthew , it's a try to fit with some prophecies in the old testament , but it was so weak specially in Matthew Gospel (according to history facts about killing children )!!!
how ever read all the passage , Did Jesus rule something or be king ??? he was crusified as christian believe ...right ??
4*Isaiah 7:14-Jesus is born to a virgin
uh this is another story but it's weird Jesus never called Im·man´u·el !!
5* Isaiah 53:3-7-The rejection and sufferings of Jesus
here it talks about a man , not mentioned any name or as prophet , he just talk about someone who was suffering in front of eyes of people around him , plus did the people around this guy were believing he is punish by God or innocent one !!! plus he will be please in his last days and not crucified!!
6*Zechariah 9:9-Jesus rides into Jerusalem on a colt
this prophecy is so weird !!! rides on clot and ass !!! without talking about
the contradiction in the story !! Just trying to fit a prophecy which can't be for Jesus because he never been king !!

Hi again massi!

3. So you do think that the authors of the Gospels made up the stories to fit the prophecies? We believe that Christ came to preach the kingdom of God and that he is King. The people realized this at the crucifixion with the sign that hung above him. We believe that when he comes the second time he will destroy the anti-christ and set up his kingdom on Earth.

4. Christ is called Immanuel by Christians (Matthew 1:23.) We name churches with this name, we sing hymns with this name also. We also recognize his divinity, which is found in his name.

5. Christ wasn't being punished by so much as he was rejected by the Children of Israel. He suffered in his body what all men will have to suffer if they continue in their sins.

6. There is no contradiction here, all of the scriptures say that he will ride on a colt the foal of an ass, or some variation of that (Zachariah 9:9, Matthew 21:4, John 12:14)

tldukr

We shall come to the second part of the Prophecy, lets deal with the first one, 'Just as Jonah spent three days and three nights in the belly of the whale'

How was Jonah in the belly of the whale. Dead or Alive

Time element for later.

Jonah was alive. Christ was making a comparison of himself in hades to Jonah being in the belly of the whale. He is not drawing exacting parallels from details, because if he was he would have been undergoing punishment for disobedience. Also Hamza, I can hear no sound from the video, can you?

I forgot to answer massi's part on the worm and being despicable. He was looked upon by the Jews as a worm and despicable. He was not that himself. The psalm says "...despicable to the people"

mhamzah

Hi again massi!

3. The people realized this at the crucifixion with the sign that hung above him. We believe that when he comes the second time he will destroy the anti-christ and set up his kingdom on Earth.

The bible say none of the disciples where present at his alleged crucifixtion. There are for sure many Prophecies relating to Jesus (pbuh) in the O.T. If you go tell this to a Muslim, he will probably say to you 'Alhamduilah' (Praise be to Allah), for the Quran tell us he was a Prophet (pbuh). But none of the O.T. scripture Prophesied about the crucifixion. Secondly Jesus never claimed to be God. Infact if you look at the statements of Jesus (pbuh) in the bible he distinguishes himself from God.

We Muslim too believe that Jesus (pbuh) will come back to the earth, kill the anti-Christ.

We name churches with this name, we sing hymns with this name also. We also recognize his divinity, which is found in his name.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Mathew 7:22-23)

That should atleast be some course of concern.

massi

Hi again massi!

3. So you do think that the authors of the Gospels made up the stories to fit the prophecies? We believe that Christ came to preach the kingdom of God and that he is King. The people realized this at the crucifixion with the sign that hung above him. We believe that when he comes the second time he will destroy the anti-christ and set up his kingdom on Earth.
hi
yes each one of the unknowing writers has quotes many prophecies to try to fit between Jesus and messiah or the suffering and salvation ...ect but they fail many times for someone who check out !!!
yeah Jesus preach the kingdom of God but does he claim in any passage he is the king ??? obvious he didn't !!
according to the Gospels Jesus will come before the end of his Generation!!! but we are 2009 and he didn't come so writer of the Gospel of John change the story !!!

.........................................................................................

4. Christ is called Immanuel by Christians (Matthew 1:23.) We name churches with this name, we sing hymns with this name also. We also recognize his divinity, which is found in his name.
.......................................................................................
first the prophecy was not referring to him but in fact it's for someone else
secondly he's never been called by that name
thirdly it's about him not about the church names
fourthly you have to prove his divinity because I don't see it anyway I just see a human being
fifthly there are many names like that one which can be used as proof for other prophets to be divine !!!
5. Christ wasn't being punished by so much as he was rejected by the Children of Israel. He suffered in his body what all men will have to suffer if they continue in their sins.
.........................................................................................
what's your proof about Jesus will suffering for the sins of others ?
.....................................................................................

6. There is no contradiction here, all of the scriptures say that he will ride on a colt the foal of an ass, or some variation of that (Zachariah 9:9,

................................................................................
uh , it's weird I thought the contradiction is very clearly !!!
check the story of the donkey !!!

mhamzah

Jonah was alive. Christ was making a comparison of himself in hades to Jonah being in the belly of the whale. He is not drawing exacting parallels from details, because if he was he would have been undergoing punishment for disobedience. Also Hamza, I can hear no sound from the video, can you?

I forgot to answer massi's part on the worm and being despicable. He was looked upon by the Jews as a worm and despicable. He was not that himself. The psalm says "...despicable to the people"

That Prophecy was given in response to the sign/miracle asked;

38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.

39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth

Well the Prophecy states as Jonah was and not for what Jonah was in the belly, so the undergoing of punishment for disobedience does not come in. Secondly the miracle was that Jonah remained in the belly for three days and three nights alive. That what Jesus (pbuh) Prophesied as well as Jonah was so shall the son of man be.

Coming to the time element, First of all;

The Jews of Jesus day considered any part of a day as a whole day,

Lets agree for argument sake that Jews considered any part of the day as the whole day, but than if you spend a part of a day outside your city than you don't come back and say I spend a day and a night outside my city. But the Prophecy is clear Three days and Three Nights.

Even part of a day is considered the whole day that still does not fit the Prophecy either, as tomb was empty on early sunday morning, it still make it two days. Now matter how you try to twist that around it does go up to three days.

mhamzah

[yt]ihWa2R5QrVI[/yt]

[yt]QT2Wgk-LI78[/yt]

[yt]iqZgUnDCRCs[/yt]

[yt]-isXhyv3oO4[/yt]

[yt]oIeaIY3rK7s[/yt]

[yt]r83EAnUOcO4[/yt]

[yt]b4uniSc567M[/yt]

[yt]0ed8DMxMkU8[/yt]

Hope it works now.

tldukr

Please bear with me it takes me a while to get to answering your post because I am one person to many defenders, so hang in there thank. I will eventually respond. If I forget something remind me.

Hi again massi!

3. The people realized this at the crucifixion with the sign that hung above him. We believe that when he comes the second time he will destroy the anti-christ and set up his kingdom on Earth.

The bible say none of the disciples where present at his alleged crucifixtion. There are for sure many Prophecies relating to Jesus (pbuh) in the O.T. If you go tell this to a Muslim, he will probably say to you 'Alhamduilah' (Praise be to Allah), for the Quran tell us he was a Prophet (pbuh). But none of the O.T. scripture Prophesied about the crucifixion. Secondly Jesus never claimed to be God. Infact if you look at the statements of Jesus (pbuh) in the bible he distinguishes himself from God.

There were disciples present at the crucifixion. St. John the Apostle, His Mother, Mary Magdalene and other women followers.

John 8:58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" We known that God told Moses that his name was "I am that I am" (Yahweh.) Jesus is claiming to exist before Abraham and even use the term from the book of Exodus, "I AM." John 8:59 says "At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds." To further this, the Jews tried to kill him after he made this statement so they obviously knew what he was trying to say.

To Massi

3. Jesus said that HE had a kingdom and that it was not of this world, when asked by Pontius Pilate. Pilate declared him king of the Jews and ordered it to be put on the cross.

4. You said that the prophecy referred to someone else. Who else in this world could claim the title of "God with us?" I don't think that Muhammad would even claim this for himself. There is no Jewish man equal to the authority or the influence of Jesus Christ that could be represented in this prophecy.

5. Surely, I can prove that Jesus died for the sins of man using Jesus Christian scriptures, such as the book of Leviticus and describing the need for a sacrifice to appease God's anger and how Christ is the "Lamb of God" (words of St. John the Baptist.) But this means nothing to you as a Muslim because you reject our scriptures as being changed and tampered from what they originally said. I can't prove that Christ died for our sins in the same way that no one can prove that there was any one Gospel given to Jesus to teach. No variation of such a thing ever existed. None of the scriptures ever refer to Christ bringing the word of God, but that HE is the Word of God (Kalimat) as the Qur'an also says. We believe that the Word was God (John 1:1)

Peace!

tldukr

Also Hamzah, I don't know what it is but the sound for this video just doesn't work. Does it play on your end. I have looked up other videos on youtube by Dr. Jerald Dirks on youtube and I can hear them fine. It's just this video. It has a low hum sound, but no words.

mhamzah

Please bear with me it takes me a while to get to answering your post because I am one person to many defenders, so hang in there thank. I will eventually respond. If I forget something remind me.

Take your time, no worries.

There were disciples present at the crucifixion. St. John the Apostle, His Mother, Mary Magdalene and other women followers.

I'll get you the verse from the bible where it says none of the disciples were there at the time of his alleged cruifixion (in a bit of a hurry at the moment). 'For all forsake him' ... It is something along those lines.

John 8:58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" We known that God told Moses that his name was "I am that I am" (Yahweh.) Jesus is claiming to exist before Abraham and even use the term from the book of Exodus, "I AM." John 8:59 says "At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds." To further this, the Jews tried to kill him after he made this statement so they obviously knew what he was trying to say.

Even if Jesus meant to claim by these words that he was alive before Abraham was, is this sufficient ground to say that he was divine? If Jesus lived in heaven then came to earth it might mean something remarkable, but it would not be enough to establish him as God incarnate. Additionally, it should be noted that these words are open to other interpretation. Christians do not imagine that the prophet Jeremiah had a pre-human existence and so they find a suitable way of interpreting the words of Jeremiah 1:5 which portray such a situation, if taken literally, Why not apply a similar understanding in the case of John 8:58?

Christians insist that in this statement of Jesus just discussed, he appropriated for himself a divine title. In Exodus chapter 3, it is reported that God told Moses "I am what I am," as most English Bibles translate the Hebrew text. At John 8:58 Jesus says, "before Abraham was, I am," as most English Bibles translate the Greek text. But here is the key to another deception. The original of the first text is in Hebrew while the original of the second is in Greek. All but a few of Jesus' words were recorded in Greek. For two hundred years before the time of Jesus the Jews used a Greek translation of their Hebrew scriptures, the Septuagint. This work translated the key phrase "I am" of Exodus as HO ON. However, the words of Jesus, "I am", have been given to us in Greek as EGO EIMI. If the gospel writer of John 8:58 wanted to tell his Greek-speaking audience that Jesus had imitated God he would have used the familiar words of the Septuagint, otherwise the point would be lost. The evidence of John 8:58 is far from conclusive.

To your second point, Jews understood what Jesus (pbuh) said;

The Hebrew scriptures made reference to a Messiah and the Church says this can only mean an incarnate God and so when Jesus spoke of himself as Messiah he was blaspheming because no man can be God, according to Hebrew scriptures.

There is a legal point to be made here. If the Jews understood that the Messiah was to be a man who was equal to God then a man who claimed to be the Messiah could only be condemned as a false messiah. He could not be condemned on the grounds that he uttered a statement which must always be blasphemous in itself. At some future time, the true Messiah would have to speak the very same words without being condemned. When certain Jews declared Jesus' words as blasphemy they could only have meant to condemn him as a false messiah. Any supposed connection between the word "Messiah" and the attribute of divinity has no bearing on this matter. (The fact is, the Jews have never believed that the promised Messiah would be a man who is equal to God.)

The argument based on Jewish understanding makes the assumption that the Jews understood Jesus. A more viable hypothesis is simply that the enemies of Jesus misunderstood him. In fact Jesus repeatedly alludes to this (e.g. Mark 4:11, 12).

you've just ordered the Quran? well then by all means do read it. hope it benefits you.

the first thing you will notice about the Quran is that it does not have a chronological beginning or ending like any other book. it explains the Big Bang and subsequent expansion of the universe, but that does not come in the beginning of the Book.

it also explains what will happen after the end of Time itself, but that doesn't come in the end of the book. they both come in the middle part.

the Quran has an insurmountable amount of evidence that it is valid. it explains the stages of fetus development in the womb. it explains the Big Bang theory. it it explains how salt water and fresh water never mix and so on.

you may find it odd that the Quran will say that Allah created the universe in 6 days. the word used for that is 'yom'. it can mean a day . it can also mean a period of time. therefore the Quran says that Allah created the universe in 6 periods or 6 stages.

its a book of science and psychology. do read it with an open mind and not the mentality of a "Crusader". oh and indeed do pray to God that He guides you to the truth

zbhotto

Banned
SIMPLE ANSWER FROM COMMON SENSE

A question to YOU.......
Do Almighty GOD reveal FOUR GOSPELS to one person JESUS (PBUH)?

A simple answer from common sense.

CERTAINLY NOT. GOD almighty reveals only one GOSPEL.

In KORAN it is referred as INJEEL.

Dr. Jakir NAIK answered your QUESTION as follows

The INJEEL that Koran referes to does not exist on earth. Gospels contains few or some of the residues of what was revealed to Prophet JESUS(PBUH)

mhamzah

its a book of science and psychology. do read it with an open mind and not the mentality of a "Crusader". oh and indeed do pray to God that He guides you to the truth

It is more of a book of Signs than science, sure enough it speaks of signs that are scientific but it is not to be read as a science book.

shichemlydia

answer

salam alikoum, hope you are doing well,
look to what allah swt says in the quran
فَوَيْلٌ لِلَّذِينَ يَكْتُبُونَ الْكِتَابَ بِأَيْدِيهِمْ ثُمَّ يَقُولُونَ هَذَا مِنْ عِنْدِ اللَّهِ لِيَشْتَرُوا بِهِ ثَمَنًا قَلِيلًا فَوَيْلٌ لَهُمْ مِمَّا كَتَبَتْ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَوَيْلٌ لَهُمْ مِمَّا يَكْسِبُونَ
it means in english (my translation): awefull punishments to those who write the book whith their hands, then they say this is from allah, in order to gain a little of money, awefull punishement for they wrote and awefull punishements for what they gained. sorry it is quite poor, i am sure.
allah swt refers to the words he inspired to jesus, not to the books which were written centuries later. but still allah swt recognises in the quran that book of jesus was corrupted, and you find this thousands of times in the quran.
hope this helps
wa salam alikoum

massi

..........................................................................................

St.John the apostle is not the writer of the Gospel as the Christians scholars says
in fact it's fake one as the Dr.Alfred E. Garvie says : Encyclopedia of Religions and Ethics Vol. 5 . p. 634
according to three synoptic Gospels no one was there , but the writer of John's Gospel made it up to full some prophecy or make himself the apostle john but he fail too !!!

...........................................................................................

..............................................................................................
1/very doubt about this passage if Jesus really has said that !! exist only in John' Gospel !!
*in his Judgment by the jews they have no proofs to accuse him , so did *they forgot this dangerous incident (where they try to stone him) ???
*they ask him if he was the messiah the King one not God who will die on the Cross ????

2/ there no relation between the old testament and this passage !! it was mistranslation !! as the christians always do !!!
the passage in Greek translation ( in hebrew is Ihihe) it was
Ho On =The Being and ego emy = I am !!! Jesus says ( if he has) I am !! not I am the being as in the old testament says in Exo : I am the being !!
Ego emy Ho On !!!
John's writer want to show that Jesus was before the creation but instead of that it 's very far to be the proclaim as God.( the words are missing)
in the aramic translation it says : I was !!!!

again John's gospel writer fail !!!

.....................................................................................................

To Massi

3. Jesus said that HE had a kingdom and that it was not of this world, when asked by Pontius Pilate. Pilate declared him king of the Jews and ordered it to be put on the cross.
......................................................................................
1*according to which Gospel you mean ? the three synoptic where Jesus preach the kingdom of God is coming soon or to the Gnostic Gospel of John the Kingdom had come ???
2*according to which Gospel you mean ? the three synoptic where the Romanian and Jews monk Jesus as King of the Jews or to the Gnostic Gospel of John too (the Romanian and Jews monk ) ?

.............................................................................................

4. You said that the prophecy referred to someone else. Who else in this world could claim the title of "God with us?" I don't think that Muhammad would even claim this for himself. There is no Jewish man equal to the authority or the influence of Jesus Christ that could be represented in this prophecy.
..............................................................................................

the prophecy talks about unknowing one , who will be satisfied in his last days not crucified on the cross , you have to give a clear one not just some similar stuff !!!
.................................................................................................

5. Surely, I can prove that Jesus died for the sins of man using Jesus Christian scriptures, such as the book of Leviticus and describing the need for a sacrifice to appease God's anger and how Christ is the "Lamb of God" (words of St. John the Baptist.)
............................................................................................
yeah , it's always from the Gospel of John not from the words of Jesus,
but it's weird that St. John the Baptist didn't know who is Jesus after 30 years , plus he send people to ask him (from the jail) if he was the one will come ( the messiah) or there 'll be another one !!!!!!!!!!!!!
...................................................................................................

But this means nothing to you as a Muslim because you reject our scriptures as being changed and tampered from what they originally said. I can't prove that Christ died for our sins in the same way that no one can prove that there was any one Gospel given to Jesus to teach. No variation of such a thing ever existed. None of the scriptures ever refer to Christ bringing the word of God, but that HE is the Word of God (Kalimat) as the Qur'an also says. We believe that the Word was God (John 1:1)
...........................................................................................
I think I heard this song many times !! I can prove and you can't prove !!!!!!
1*we are not only Muslims who will reject the scriptures which has being changed and tampered from what they originally !!! any one has a good mind will reject its because they are not origin and has changed !!! this is just in the beginning without studying them !!!!
"Jesus died for our sins" is the teaching of Paul of tartos , Not what Jesus preaching , even Jesus warning you from people who comes after him and claim that they saw him Mark 13-22 !!!!!!
2*uh , i think you need to check out deeply about it !!! didn't he say you 'll preach in my Gospel about the story of the parefum and the woman ..!!!so did the writers mean there is the Gospel of Jesus by this unsure story !!!
3* each one of the Gospels was writing as he likes and as he thought and heard about the stories around his area , they were not the disciples of Jesus and they were not eyewitness , so obviously they will have contradictions between them !!!
Quran says : "be so he is " this the word , God created him without a father , that is the miracle but he is just human being not more or less .
(John 1:1) is the words of a philosopher called Philo before JC ...!!! it's an ancient Greek philosophies called Logos ...ect !!!
*** you have to know the bible has never been a source of the faith of the Christianity , in fact it was developed in ages until now days !!
the divine of Jesus became officially in the Council of Nacea in 321 as Constantine order not as the proofs show !!!
:)

tldukr

So Wow! Over night I got an overwhelming respone. I will try to answer the questions, but it seems like I am asking less questions now and answering more and more. I am defending my own Christianity, while not being able to clear up my own misconceptions or belief about Islam.

1. I have realized that many of you will not believe in my interpretations of my own scriptures. By what authority can a Muslim interpret the Gospels? Just as I have little authority in interpreting Surah 4:34 where men are admonished to beat their wives when they are disobedient. This is an example. Now Christians have always interpreted John 8:58 as Christ revealing his divinity. Jesus was obviously saying that he existed before Abraham and instead of using the past tense of to be (I was) he used the present saying "I AM." None of the Gospels were ever written in Hebrew they were all written in Greek. So all in all trying to argue Christian scriptures with non-Christians doesn't work, just as I cannot interpret correctly the Qur'an.

2. Someone asked about the revelation of the Gospels. I have heard many bad things about the Gospel of John, but in it is found the belief that Christ is the Logos or the Word of God (Kalimat Allah.) Christians believe that Christ did not come to bring a book or a Gospel, but that he is the Gospel (the Word, Kalimat Allah.) So did God reveal any Gospel to the writers, no. He inspired them to write their recollections of the Life of Jesus for further generations. So in Christianity the Gospel is Jesus Christ. Paul and the other writers talk about the Gospel, at the times they were writing they were not referring to any book, because non-existed, but to the life and person of Jesus Christ. (Examples: 2 Corinthians 1:8, 2 Timothy 4:14, Galatians 1:17, etc.)

3. When did the Bible become the Bible?
Gospel of Mark 65-70 A.D.
Matthew 70-100 A.D.
Luke 80-85 A.D.
John 90-100 A.D.

The first canon of the New Testament Bible was first formed as the Muratorian Canon in A.D. 170 and the canon included all four Gospels, so they weren't made up years later. The apostle Paul must have been working very hard to change up Christianity, because there were twelve other apostles who knew the Lord Jesus who were spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ around the world. St. Thomas went to India and started a Church there (the Malabars) which exists to this Day and it affirms the divinity of Christ.

4. Thanks for the information about that Qur'an. I can't wait to get it. A few questions, are there certain things I should read first? What order should I go in? And to the one who suggested me not reading it like a "crusader." I am sure you can tell by my interest in learning about Islam that I am not a crusader, so I am a little offended, but I'll eat that. In fact, my people the Orthodox Christians had their churches raided and defiled by the same crusaders that you compare me to. Also folks, as far as interpretation of the Qur'an, if I have a question should I just ask it on here or is there a companion book that would help with interpretations?

This post seems to be getting a alot of attention, but please try to keep your responses to the point and clear thanks.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
So Wow! Over night I got an overwhelming respone. I will try to answer the questions, but it seems like I am asking less questions now and answering more and more. I am defending my own Christianity, while not being able to clear up my own misconceptions or belief about Islam.

1. I have realized that many of you will not believe in my interpretations of my own scriptures. By what authority can a Muslim interpret the Gospels?

Thought I'd quote this bit of your last post once again..I did notice the same pattern but didn't wish to interfere because you did not say anything..I think everyone needs to focus on the underlined part..perhaps we should stick to helping you through the Qura'an and the Sunnah as our knowledge will be more thorough and we will *have* to remain *on point* (like you kindly requested)

are there certain things I should read first? What order should I go in?

I would recommend you go in the actual order of the chapters of the Qura'an..that way it can be easy for you to note down any questions you may have..then have them answered through the chapters to follow or have them answered by referring to the commentary of the Qura'an..or by posting them here even :)..the reason why I'm making this recommendation is because many non-Muslims say they read the Qura'an..note down questions..and as they proceed in reading their questions get answered one by one or in lumps..so inshallah this will work for you too

Also folks, as far as interpretation of the Qur'an, if I have a question should I just ask it on here or is there a companion book that would help with interpretations?

I think for convenience you can post your questions about interpretation here..because TTI has people on around the clock so you will surely receive an answer...if you wish to review interpretations of verses yourself..check out the following site:

http://www.tafsir.com

I found it to be useful..though it's simplified..but I think it will direct you somewhere..if you have further questions you can of course always ask here on TTI

I hope that your misconceptions will be cleared and your questions answered...there's a never bad question to ask..and if you ever get overwhelmed..by all means state so..the brothers and sisters who are assisting you seem to be very knowledgable in and thus they are presenting detailed information so *you* may benefit at the end :)

Good Luck!

Peace

tldukr

Thank You Muslimah for understanding. I think we kinda got sidetracked in the beginning with the question of prophecies. May I say that you all have succeeded in making me question my own beliefs and seek to learn about some things that I had previously not looked into! :) I think questioning is healthy and can help a person to grow in faith if they are honest in their inquiry. I have been listening to many talks over the past couple days (especially Hamza Yusuf, to whose style I have taken a liking.) I have also been watching Peace TV, Huda TV, and some others. I say all this to say that I am not here to teach you about my Christian beliefs (as my introduction says,) but to learn from you all.

Also you mentioned the Sunnah, is this something I should read with the Qur'an? What is it exactly?

massi

So Wow! Over night I got an overwhelming response. I will try to answer the questions, but it seems like I am asking less questions now and answering more and more. I am defending my own Christianity, while not being able to clear up my own misconceptions or belief about Islam.
..................................................................................
hehe you are welcome ,I'm trying to correct your Christianity , according to what Jesus really preach !!

1. I have realized that many of you will not believe in my interpretations of my own scriptures. By what authority can a Muslim interpret the Gospels? Just as I have little authority in interpreting Surah 4:34 where men are admonished to beat their wives when they are disobedient. This is an example. Now Christians have always interpreted John 8:58 as Christ revealing his divinity. Jesus was obviously saying that he existed before Abraham and instead of using the past tense of to be (I was) he used the present saying "I AM." None of the Gospels were ever written in Hebrew they were all written in Greek. So all in all trying to argue Christian scriptures with non-Christians doesn't work, just as I cannot interpret correctly the Qur'an.
........................................................................................
there is big difference between the quran and the Gospels of John mark luke and Matthew
I'll send you a pm ^^
.......................................................................................

2. Someone asked about the revelation of the Gospels. I have heard many bad things about the Gospel of John, but in it is found the belief that Christ is the Logos or the Word of God (Kalimat Allah.) Christians believe that Christ did not come to bring a book or a Gospel, but that he is the Gospel (the Word, Kalimat Allah.) So did God reveal any Gospel to the writers, no. He inspired them to write their recollections of the Life of Jesus for further generations. So in Christianity the Gospel is Jesus Christ. Paul and the other writers talk about the Gospel, at the times they were writing they were not referring to any book, because non-existed, but to the life and person of Jesus Christ. (Examples: 2 Corinthians 1:8, 2 Timothy 4:14, Galatians 1:17, etc.)

3. When did the Bible become the Bible?
Gospel of Mark 65-70 A.D.
Matthew 70-100 A.D.
Luke 80-85 A.D.
John 90-100 A.D.
......................................................................................
please don't mix between Quran with the logos of philosophies of Greek !!
as I dress you before even the Gospel of John was not a source of the Belief of Christianity but it was quoting from Pagan religion !!

..........................................................................................
The first canon of the New Testament Bible was first formed as the Muratorian Canon in A.D. 170 and the canon included all four Gospels, so they weren't made up years later. The apostle Paul must have been working very hard to change up Christianity, because there were twelve other apostles who knew the Lord Jesus who were spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ around the world. St. Thomas went to India and started a Church there (the Malabars) which exists to this Day and it affirms the divinity of Christ.
here it's more weird because Jesus order them not to leave Jerusalem !!!
............................................................................................

4. Thanks for the information about that Qur'an. I can't wait to get it. A few questions, are there certain things I should read first? What order should I go in? And to the one who suggested me not reading it like a "crusader." I am sure you can tell by my interest in learning about Islam that I am not a crusader, so I am a little offended, but I'll eat that. In fact, my people the Orthodox Christians had their churches raided and defiled by the same crusaders that you compare me to. Also folks, as far as interpretation of the Qur'an, if I have a question should I just ask it on here or is there a companion book that would help with interpretations?

This post seems to be getting a alot of attention, but please try to keep your responses to the point and clear thanks
you are welcome any question we are here to answer !!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Thank You Muslimah for understanding. I think we kinda got sidetracked in the beginning with the question of prophecies. May I say that you all have succeeded in making me question my own beliefs and seek to learn about some things that I had previously not looked into! :) I think questioning is healthy and can help a person to grow in faith if they are honest in their inquiry. I have been listening to many talks over the past couple days (especially Hamza Yusuf, to whose style I have taken a liking.) I have also been watching Peace TV, Huda TV, and some others. I say all this to say that I am not here to teach you about my Christian beliefs (as my introduction says,) but to learn from you all.

Also you mentioned the Sunnah, is this something I should read with the Qur'an? What is it exactly?

I am pleased that there was a benefit for you from all the efforts put forth by my fellow brothers and sisters :)..and I think it's good that you're exposing yourself to Islamic sources of knowledge..they will sure help you with your knowledge..I recommend that you also look up *Yusuf Estes* and *Khalid Yasin*..and listen to their lectures..they present information excellently and they're both converts like Hamza Yusuf

As for the *Sunnah*..it is the collection of sayings & narrations from the life of The Prophet (pbuh)..they involve everything from the biography of The Prophet..to religious verdicts..to daily life of the Muslims when The Prophet (pbuh) was amongst them..to spirituality..and so on...the two most authentic books of the Sunnah are *Sahih Bukhari* and *Sahih Muslim*...I think once you acquaint yourself with the Qura'an..and answer any questions you may have from it..you should read into the two Sahihs I mentioned..and since they are *categorized* into *specific topics* you will find it easy to follow them..with a good acquaintance and understanding of the Qura'an..the Sunnah will grant you a complete and well rounded knowledge of Islam..because it will add further details..describe more things..and provide you with historical information as well

Here's a link to Sahih Bukhari:

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/

Here's a link to Sahih Muslim:

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/muslim/

I think you should bookmark the links so you'd comeback to them when you're ready for them..don't be put off by the number of "books" you'll see..many of the narrations in there are *the same* in both Sahihs..they may just differ slightly in wording..but they were noted anyway for the sake of *authenticity* and *thoroughness*..I am sure you will enjoy reading them when the time for them comes :)

Peace