Question...again!

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
:salam2:

I have question...again. lol okay i was praying with my little brother and he always makes little jokes, or just laughs, even during prayer. So just as I was finishing my prayer, when I said assalamualaikum, my brother started laughing and so did I. But i was almost done anywayzz, so my question is, do i have to repeat my prayer because i heard of a hadith that a sahabi laughed during prayer and , i suppose it was the prophet, told him to make wadu again and reapeat his prayer..so do i have to do the same, because i was almost finished my prayer anywayzz. thn*!*!*!x wasalamzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaaamu `alaykum.

Was it before or after the tasleem? The tasleem (giving salaams) is the end/exit of the prayer, so any action that would void the prayer, such as laughter or passing wind, if done before the tasleem, would generally mean you have to repeat it. But if you gave your salaams, then it is different. If you said your salaams only once (i.e. to your right only) I would consult a Shaykh about the matter... It is allowed to give the Salaams just to the right (a sunnah still widely used in Morocco), but if you didn't intend that, the matter could be different...

If I find out I will post an answer inshaa' Allaah.

daywalker

:salam2: the incident is critical one. would be nice to ask a scholar personally inshallah.If i remember then i will ask my local mufti inshallah.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

I have question...again. lol okay i was praying with my little brother and he always makes little jokes, or just laughs, even during prayer. So just as I was finishing my prayer, when I said assalamualaikum, my brother started laughing and so did I. But i was almost done anywayzz, so my question is, do i have to repeat my prayer because i heard of a hadith that a sahabi laughed during prayer and , i suppose it was the prophet, told him to make wadu again and reapeat his prayer..so do i have to do the same, because i was almost finished my prayer anywayzz. thn*!*!*!x wasalamzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is it the right assalamualaikum or the left one?

IslamicGirl24

Assalamu alaikum.
I am so sorry that I can't answer your question. All I can do is to hope that your brother doesn't make you laugh again..during namaz!!1:hijabi:

I also wanted to ask a question. Many a times, it happens that when I am offering my prayers, my scarf or shawl opens up (even when I have tightly bound it). So, I break my namaz.. bind my shawl again and offer my prayer again. So, I wanted to ask that, during prayer, if the shawl opens up, can I use my hands to bind it again.. while not breaking my prayer??
Can anyone please ask a sheikh about this?

JazakAllah Khair.
Wassalam

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
lool its okay, i repeated my prayer anywayzz, but yes it would be nice to ask a sheikh or imam about this. JazakALLAH. Wasalamzzz

daywalker

So, I wanted to ask that, during prayer, if the shawl opens up, can I use my hands to bind it again.. while not breaking my prayer??
Can anyone please ask a sheikh about this?
:salam2: I will ask this in detail to a sheikh inshallah, but what i can say for now doing any act which isn´t related with salah make the salah makruh and some times invalid.

Muusa Khadhar

assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Every Muslim must do Shalat Fardh at Masjid, the house is only for female and liitle children (HR.Abu Daud).

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.