question

is this website fun?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

allahsservant

beautifl muslimah
i am a convert to Islam and a new member here! i love Islam and Muslims, but my parents will not allow me to be a practicing Muslim. i must wait until i am 18 to practice Islam and wear hijab. i havent been able to pray or fast for Ramadhan. what should i do to keep my Islamic faith?

yafash

asalam alaikum,
its so sad to hear u r in this situation.u try to fast and pray in secret and be as nice to them as possible so that they will see that islam has made u a better person, keepin in mind the reward Allah will give u for being nice to them. well u could visit this web site www.islamqa.com and put ur question to reputable scholars in islam. though they only receive questions at a specific time. may Allah keep u firm to the path of islam,
asalam alaikum

Submitter

:salam2:

Subhanallah sister you have seen the truth at such a young age. As brother Yafash has said try your utmost to remain at peace with your parents. Being so young it must be difficult and frustrating for you with your parents not allowing you to practice Islam. Try to practice in secret where no one will see you. E.g. you could pray salah in your room if the door has a lock. Remember to remain patient and Allah will reward you. Also remember that Allah will not punish you for something that you had no control over, so if you are genuinely not able to practice Islam because your parents are strict, don't worry about it too much; especially since you are still quite young. May Allah help you with your difficulties.

:wasalam:

BintMuhammad

Staff member
I agree, you can practice your obligation as a Muslim secretly while your still a minor. If you have not reached adolescence yet then to cover your awrah is not yet required of you but if you have, you can wear bonnets to cover your hair and ears and probably a turtle necked shirt to cover your neck or any cloth that works just so it wont look like a muslim headscarf. When you reach eighteen you can Insha Allaah freely wear the most appropriate ones. May Allaah swt bless you ameen! :hijabi:

mohammad javid

Asalaamu alaikum sister so pleased for you reverting to Islam you did not mention whether your parents are practicing christians or not.Wearing of hijab is also in the bible 1corinthians chapter 11 verse 5 And any woman who prays or proclaims god's message in public worship with nothing on her head disgraces her husband;there is no difference between her and a woman whose head has been shaved. 6 If the woman does not cover her head, she might as well cut her hair, she should cover her head. Far as fasting is concerned Jesus P.b.u.h also fasted Luke Chapter 4 verse 2 where he was tempted by the Devil for forty days. In all time he ate nothing, so that he was hungry when it was over. Also my wife reverted to Islam praise be to Allah.Soon she will be joining you sisters on the Net. allahu Akbar:hijabi: :hijabi:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Mashallah. You reverted on your own, and you're not even 18 yet. You truly have a good, intelligent mind to make such a big decision so young in life. Good on ya mate.