QUESTION !

islamdonlyway

:salam2: brothers and sisters,

just wanted to ask a very important question that has been bugging me for a while.

I have heard that one of the sign of a hypocrite is that they do not pray isha and fajr in CONGREGATION... can anyone put some light on this matter?

Alhumduillah i do pray isha and fajr but i do NOT pray it in congregation, does this make me a hypocrite? many muslims do not attend them two prayers in the masjid. jazakallah.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam alaikum

I've never heard of this before akhi..

I've read that it's difficult for a hypocrite to attend fajr and ishaa though.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i wish that i could pray fajr and isha in congregation, but the truth is that the nearest masjid that i can attend is 20-25 miles away. it's really rough, because the muslim population in my area is growing, yet all of us have to travel so far to attend the masjid on any given day.

the building of a masjid costs money, it can be built but with the current economy, the money isn't coming in fast enough. on top of that, it now seems that every times the proposition of building a masjid comes up, several anti-muslim people come up with roadblocks to the building process. it wasn't always this way, but anti-islamic rhetoric has definitely been increasing in several parts of the country.
:wasalam:

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah brother.

May Allaah grant you Jannatul Firdaws.

Brother praying in Jama`ah is obligatory upon every single man, and the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: stressed more on the Fajar and `Ishaa' jama`ah. Abu Hurayrah radiyAllaahu `anhu narrated that the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: said: "The heaviest salat for the hypocrite is that of Isha'a and Fajr and if they knew what was in them they would have attended them even if it meant crawling, and I have a strong desire to order the salat to be established, then order a man to lead the people in salat then I would go with some men carrying bundles of wood to a people not attending the salat and burn their houses on them." [Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim]

So if you are in an area where the mosques are close enough to you then the congregational prayer becomes Waajib, and you have to go to the masjid to pray (lol especially if your in East London). And I promise you that Fajar jama`ah blows away your mind, and your heart feels at great rest :) "Indeed in the rememberance of Allaah do hearts find rest" [Soorah Ra`d]

saifkhan

abd-Allah
:salam2:

i wish that i could pray fajr and isha in congregation, but the truth is that the nearest masjid that i can attend is 20-25 miles away. it's really rough, because the muslim population in my area is growing, yet all of us have to travel so far to attend the masjid on any given day.

the building of a masjid costs money, it can be built but with the current economy, the money isn't coming in fast enough. on top of that, it now seems that every times the proposition of building a masjid comes up, several anti-muslim people come up with roadblocks to the building process. it wasn't always this way, but anti-islamic rhetoric has definitely been increasing in several parts of the country.
:wasalam:

Subhan Allah

may Allah help the muslimeen all over the world.
Allahu musta'an

wa alaikum salam