Questions to Muslims

Sacred_Thought

A few questions - These will probably seem inflammatory, but I really do want to see if anyone can answer them. I don't intend to debate or argue anyone here, it's doubtful I will even respond, but I will read, and am curious. Here we go:

It seems to me that Islam favors only Muslims - The Umma, the Muslim brotherhood. Numerously the Qur'an states that non-Muslims are on the level of animals. Yet, in a most contradictory way, it says that Jews and Christians are people of the book - oh, and not to mention, all people are apparently born Muslim, but "lose their way." Shouldn't the very fact they were supposedly born Muslim keep the light of brotherhood beyond the extent of the Umma? It seems that charities go foremost toward Palestine and the like yet I have never heard of any Muslims assisting poor Christian countries, where Christians have been known to help because that is what their bible tells them to do. That all men are brothers. The outlook of Islam seems very close-minded indeed. It seems Allah would, having created all people, insist that Muslims respect that fact - yet there will always be precedence toward the fellow Muslim than the fellow human.

Then comes the idea of absolutely no music, no song, no dance, no enjoyment, in the Islamic way of life. Art is utterly banned - something about being tormented in Hellfire by your doodlings - what kind of culture is that? The Spartans dedicated their lives to war, and the way of the Spartans gave rise to an adjective meaning "without art, culture, sparse."

Look around you. Clearly, the Allah you pray to is an Allah with a creative streak. Look at the night sky on a clear day and see the stars. Look to the forests, the rivers. If Allah did not want people - created, mind you, in His image - to enjoy art and love things - why is Allah such a great artist in the world He made for you? Seems contradictory to me.

And it seems that, even this site - is flirting with danger. The emoticons there, are those not humanistic images?

And what about the women who wear their hijabs but still show parts of their hair - i.e, the way some Iranian women do? Why would you bother to wear that if you're showing it anyway?

The hijab - They say it's to guard your modesty, but to me it seems like the religion supposes that men are ravenous animals that will rape and violate any woman who isn't dressed in Hijab. That seems to be the end meaning of the point - that women are to be hidden because men can't keep their privates in their pants otherwise?

Did it occur to anyone that by doing this, it mystifies women, and leads to a desire to seem them out of the hijab that much more?

MY fiancee, who once called herself Muslim, noted that Arab men in the UK will ogle women at every opportunity - they really are pigs, aren't they? I don't mean to say that men don't naturally appreciate the female form, but in this example, they don't even realize how obvious they are at watching women. If women weren't kept under the abaya, it wouldn't be such a massive shock when Arabs and other Muslims come to the West.

Finally, if the Muslim world is so great - why do Muslims come to the West? I thought the Qur'an said not to associate with the kaffirs. Isn't this in violation of divine law?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
A few questions - These will probably seem inflammatory, but I really do want to see if anyone can answer them. I don't intend to debate or argue anyone here, it's doubtful I will even respond, but I will read, and am curious. Here we go:

It seems to me that Islam favors only Muslims - The Umma, the Muslim brotherhood. Numerously the Qur'an states that non-Muslims are on the level of animals. Yet, in a most contradictory way, it says that Jews and Christians are people of the book - oh, and not to mention, all people are apparently born Muslim, but "lose their way." Shouldn't the very fact they were supposedly born Muslim keep the light of brotherhood beyond the extent of the Umma? It seems that charities go foremost toward Palestine and the like yet I have never heard of any Muslims assisting poor Christian countries, where Christians have been known to help because that is what their bible tells them to do. That all men are brothers. The outlook of Islam seems very close-minded indeed. It seems Allah would, having created all people, insist that Muslims respect that fact - yet there will always be precedence toward the fellow Muslim than the fellow human.

Then comes the idea of absolutely no music, no song, no dance, no enjoyment, in the Islamic way of life. Art is utterly banned - something about being tormented in Hellfire by your doodlings - what kind of culture is that? The Spartans dedicated their lives to war, and the way of the Spartans gave rise to an adjective meaning "without art, culture, sparse."

Look around you. Clearly, the Allah you pray to is an Allah with a creative streak. Look at the night sky on a clear day and see the stars. Look to the forests, the rivers. If Allah did not want people - created, mind you, in His image - to enjoy art and love things - why is Allah such a great artist in the world He made for you? Seems contradictory to me.

And it seems that, even this site - is flirting with danger. The emoticons there, are those not humanistic images?

And what about the women who wear their hijabs but still show parts of their hair - i.e, the way some Iranian women do? Why would you bother to wear that if you're showing it anyway?

The hijab - They say it's to guard your modesty, but to me it seems like the religion supposes that men are ravenous animals that will rape and violate any woman who isn't dressed in Hijab. That seems to be the end meaning of the point - that women are to be hidden because men can't keep their privates in their pants otherwise?

Did it occur to anyone that by doing this, it mystifies women, and leads to a desire to seem them out of the hijab that much more?

MY fiancee, who once called herself Muslim, noted that Arab men in the UK will ogle women at every opportunity - they really are pigs, aren't they? I don't mean to say that men don't naturally appreciate the female form, but in this example, they don't even realize how obvious they are at watching women. If women weren't kept under the abaya, it wouldn't be such a massive shock when Arabs and other Muslims come to the West.

Finally, if the Muslim world is so great - why do Muslims come to the West? I thought the Qur'an said not to associate with the kaffirs. Isn't this in violation of divine law?

:salam2:
ok lets start from the beginning to answer your question
Islam favors Muslims ... does a church favor a christian?? if you had 2 sons, one of them was disobidient didn't listen to anything you said, denied everyone you had told him and on the other hand there was someone who listened to you what would ur opinion be? I want you to be give me a honest answer
God created all of us, but if non-muslims dont listen to God's word keep on denying the truth get misled by other What opinion is God going to have of them, Its not us muslims that have created those things its God himself, he keeps telling you telling non-muslims to submit your will to God if you chose to not listen nothing we cant do, Thats why in the Quran the people of the book are referred again and again to come to the right path, Also plz give ref to what your saying cuz i have seen many ppl misquote Quran or say stuff without understanding
About brotherhood , im not sure where you getting ur ideas from but muslims are polite to everyone No one here has called you names or the moderator hasn't kicked you out yet cuz we respect you as a bro/sis as well. But in Islam every muslim is a bro/sis and honesty thinking who is closer to you a brother/sister or some outsider ... But we still treat everyone with respect
and same with charity , our brothers/sister need help we and you will obviously help ur family first before someone else, everyone loves their family what so wrong about it? and muslims not helping non-muslims well maybe you should thnk again, We muslims always donate in whatever way we can to help others too, in my univ we muslims always have a blood donation where we go help out our community or other events ... we consider ourself part of the community in helping it progress not increase its garbage with aluminum by tossing beer cans in it after every 2 sec.
ABout no music, no song etc etc ... Every place has its rule ... why didn't you mention no sex or drugs either ... music and songs have addicting effect ... i see everyone on any public transit lost in songs and music not knowing about anything if your fun is so self centered than enjoy it while it last cuz all those things are going to only benefit you in this life, Maybe you should gain some knowledge about Islam so atleast you have a true reason why Islam is not right for u? and about Arts, muslims are allowed to draw art its only pictures that dont show ppl or stuff that are idols used to workship by others cuz than ur adding to those pagaans collection, not sure if you ever been to any nice mosque but they are all filled by beautiful art and caligraphy SO another one of ur ideas based on wrong media information
ABout the icons, if many forums can have naked girl icons, or sexual images why cant we show that a modest women or muslim icons .. I dont see you telling the nuns dont to cover their head
And you keep on bringing Iranian things here many people have probably told you Iran doesn't represent Islam, they are a cult/sect, if you want real Islam look at a believer ... if i go outside a bar at 4 am in the morning and start saying look at that idiot christian, so drunk thats what these christians are drunkards haha How would you like that? and hijab is about covering ur body properly so your chest and hair doesn't show to everyone and im not sure if you even know there are many hormones in a women hair that can drive a man nuts and Hair is one of the most sig part of a women's beauty, and desire to see women out of Hijab .. well then i guess western womens are filling the desire eh ... if you think a women needs to show her breast, her stomach and her body to get the guy to even notice her than you guyz should keep the culture to urself Im happy that in Islamic countries, there is no 1 out of 4 chances of Date rape, guyz dont talk to girls just cuz they think She is HOT, our women dont say I love to their husband than give pleasure to thousand of men everyday thru their bodies by wearing short and tight cloths ... and if you r a guy u know exactly wat im talking about, in the name of freedom you guyz have degreaded a women, A women is not consider HOT unless her boobs are hanging out, If you dont believe me do a survey ask how many women wear a PUSH UP BRA or Water Bras those are all western inventions and Why dont you ask WHY DO all women buy them??
There is a women being raped almost every 32 sec and that doesn't move you but a women trying to protect her modesty and body you guyz cant swallow that, those 32 sec stats are based from 1996 and most of the women dont even go to the police after being raped cuz they want to be respected and alot of them are raped during parties and they dont even know, and ur fiance if she didn't understand Islam thats her problem we would appreciate that you do some studying and think logically before you say something and you said about Arabs how can you even tell ... arabs luk white like other ppl secondly if some ppl do something wrong are you going to blame the whole society? and why does a women even gives guys a chance to do that ... and what Arabs every guy does that why dont u take ur fiance to downtown in a mini skirt after 1 and then tell me how many people adored her beauty without the hungry lust eyes of a wolf

About muslims coming to West -- if our countries weren't control by Western govt we wud never want to leave, you bomb our countries destroy it then give 1 out of a 1000 ppl a chance to save their life and then complain why are we here?? and then secondly during middle ages ppl came to islamic countries for education why cant we come to western countries ... and btw you keep on forgetting ur Fiance is with you cuz someone in her family decided to come to a western country, Im posting some Quranic verses try to understand things logically and fear the day when everyone will be judged for their deeds ... its ur choice this world and a torment in hell or beautiful meadows of heaven in which with Allah (swt) mercy you will live forever. Try to guide urself and ur fiance to the right path
I apologize if i was somewhat harsh but please please please dont be misled by others cuz they will lead you to a path of destruction and nothing else
walikum salam

AlQuran
Surah Fussilate (41: 19- 25)

On the Day that the enemies of Allah will be gathered together to the Fire, they will be marched in ranks.

At length, when they reach the (Fire), their hearing, their sight, and their skins will bear witness against them, as to (all) their deeds.

They will say to their skins: "Why bear ye witness against us?" They will say: "Allah hath given us speech,- (He) Who giveth speech to everything: He created you for the first time, and unto Him were ye to return.

"Ye did not seek to hide yourselves, lest your hearing, your sight, and your skins should bear witness against you! But ye did think that Allah knew not many of the things that ye used to do!

"But this thought of yours which ye did entertain concerning your Lord, hath brought you to destruction, and (now) have ye become of those utterly lost!"

If, then, they have patience, the Fire will be a home for them! and if they beg to be received into favour, into favour will they not (then) be received.

And We have destined for them intimate companions (of like nature), who made alluring to them what was before them and behind them; and the sentence among the previous generations of Jinns and men, who have passed away, is proved against them; for they are utterly lost.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

1. muslims love fellow muslims. islam places islam before our cultures, languages and tribes and races. if you are british, aren't you more concerned about british issues than french issues? muslims are each other's brothers and sisters so naturally we are more favorable to each other. most likely you're a christian or have christian background, that religion says that only christians will enter heaven. so what's the difference?

2. islam teaches us to be kind to all of humanity, however it would be naive to think that there aren't people with hatred and enmity towards muslims. which in turn makes it hard to see everyone as a brother when there are people denying that we're brothers.

3. as far as charities are concerned, muslims do give to charity to places all throughout the muslim and non-muslim world. honestly, have you ever really researched who muslims donate to? i doubt that you have. muslims are rewarded for doing good deeds towards muslims and non-muslim alike, heck, we're even rewarded for being kind to animals.

4. about music; there is debate as to whether or not it is allowed. what you're missing is that islam is a religion of preventive maintenance. in other words it's best not to test the limits if it will lead us into sin. there is music that can lead people to sin. there are dances that can lead people to sin, there is art that can lead to sin. maybe you have done these things without sin resulting afterwards. but can you really promise that next time it won't? you can't because you're not all knowing. the bible states that people shouldn't make graven images. just because people are reveling in their sin and the sin has become norm; doesn't mean that we have to follow everyone else.

5. art is not completely forbidden in islam. also there is debate as to what is permissible and permissible forms of art. yes ALLAH has created beautiful things, but the issue is about us human being not trying to think we're better and try to outdo God.

6. as far as the emoticons are concerned, again, there is different opinions as to what is acceptable and unacceptable art forms.

7. as far as iranian women and their hijabs; they're not wearing them properly. that doesn't make them bad muslims. not every muslim is perfect. the bible says that people shouldn't wear two different types of fabric at the same time. yet i see jews wearing leather jacket, cotton shirts and denim pants. why don't they just walk around naked if they're not going to wear the wrong clothing? my point is that some muslims are more serious than others. how many people wear crosses and never go to church or even read the bible?

8. the female islamic dress is not about men not being able to control themselves. in the bible jesus says that whosoever looks upon a woman as if to lust after her has already comitted adultery with her in his heart. this is jesus saying this!!! the dress is about one thing: modesty. orthodox jewish women dress in a similar fashion. look at any image of the virgin mary, isn't interesting that she looks like the average muslim woman? the muslim woman guards her modesty and also is not looked at for what her body shape is. we have to respect her as a woman.

9. you say the hijab mystifies women, who does it mystify? because i see women in hijab all the time and i'm never guessing what's underneath. if your mind is in the gutter, you will mystify her.

10. don't be racist saying that stuff about arab men. are arab men perfect? not at all. but neither is any other group of men. many men look at women inappropriately. it's not right, but that's the reality. you have never looked at a woman lustfully, especially those women that don't dress islamically? what would your fiancee think about you if she knew that you have in the past?

11. why are muslims in the west? there are many reasons. first thing is that there aren't really many " muslim " countries in the world. they are countries with muslim majorities. with that being said these countries aren't much different than a western country. also bad leaders ( none of which are considered to be good muslims ) are running these countries. look at SADDAM HUSSEIN. another reason is that unfortunately the west has had more job opportunity, which is a reason why i believe the middle east needs to find an industry other than oil to create jobs. also, most of the middle east has been under some form of colonialism and occupation from either the brits, french, italians etc. when the colonialists left, the people in the county aspired to have the wealth of their former werstern oppressors? why? because the colonialists put into the minds of the people that " their " way was superior and that everything french, brit, or american were better. so the people wanted status and went to england, went to france and became doctors etc. to impress people back home.

12. you also misunderstand the word kaffir. you have used that word several times. kaffir means disbeliever, but not every non muslim is a kaffir. a kaffir is a person that has been presented islam properly, has been given the evidences about the truth of islam, and despite all of the muslim's effort to convince him of islam's truth; denies islam. that's a kaffir. if you do not know about islam, know nothing at all about the quran or what muslims believe because no one ever explained to you; how can you be a kaffir? in other words, anyone that hasn't yet rejected is islam is a potential muslim. as christians feel compelled by the verses in matthew to preach the gospel to all nations, we muslim feel that same compelling feeling to preach islam.

Sacred_Thought

Just a couple of things. First, when I said "they really are pigs" I did not mean to say that Arabs in particular: I was referring to all men. Sorry for the miswording.

Second, no, I am not British.

Third, and to be fair, the thread hasn't yet been extant for long - but no one has taken on the point that if we are all born Muslim, why shouldn't everyone be part of the Umma?

The question was asked:
Islam favors Muslims ... does a church favor a christian?? if you had 2 sons, one of them was disobidient didn't listen to anything you said, denied everyone you had told him and on the other hand there was someone who listened to you what would ur opinion be? I want you to be give me a honest answer

The honest answer is this. My son may not listen to me, he may defy me. But that is the choice of my son, and at the end of the day, he is still my blood and I will still love him. That is the power of love. That, in turn, is how I fashion an all-loving God - truly, a father figure - to be.

It was also insinuated that my idea of a good time was free sex and beer. The long and short of it is: No.

An observation was made:
I dont see you telling the nuns dont to cover their head
- Correct, but you miss the point, too. Nuns are meant to be celibate. Why should it matter what they look like regardless?

. you also misunderstand the word kaffir. you have used that word several times. kaffir means disbeliever, but not every non muslim is a kaffir. a kaffir is a person that has been presented islam properly, has been given the evidences about the truth of islam, and despite all of the muslim's effort to convince him of islam's truth; denies islam. that's a kaffir. if you do not know about islam, know nothing at all about the quran or what muslims believe because no one ever explained to you; how can you be a kaffir? in other words, anyone that hasn't yet rejected is islam is a potential muslim. as christians feel compelled by the verses in matthew to preach the gospel to all nations, we muslim feel that same compelling feeling to preach islam.

If you know nothing of Islam, and were never exposed to it, why would God send the ignorant - by no means of their own, to hellfire? Seems a little cruel to me.

Another question. Allah - the all knowing, the wisest. If Allah meant for everyone to be Muslim - as it was at the time of Moses - why then did Allah allow the existence of the other religions - indeed, it was the will of Allah, as all things are, yes? It makes no sense as to why Allah would choose only 1.2 billion (more or less) to be Muslim but let the remaining 5 billion people of the earth teeter on the brink of the inferno. It would seem from an objective viewpoint that there should be more to this than what is told.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Well, all the other cultures are already helping their own cultures. That's why muslims are first told to help other muslims, and then to help others. Tell me, if I have a muslim neighbour who's dying of hunger, and doesn't have proper clothes to wear, and then there's a poor child in a far off western country who I could also help, who would I help? i would help the person nearest to me, because there's always the chance that over there someone of his own fellows would help him. And I would try and make my local muslim community strong first, so that I can enjoy the full benefits a strong happy community can give. however, on the other hand, if I have a very weak, hungry christian neighbour living next to me, and I have the choice to help a far off muslim brother, I'd give to the christian neighbour, because islam tells to be nice and loving to your neighbours.

Art isn't utterly banned. you can make all sorts of pictures, as long as it doesn't have the picture of a human, an animal, a bird or an insect. Its because this love to draw these things was what lead to idolatry in the first place. I actually see it as a challenge now. Everyone draws these things, what can we now draw so as to make it a new genre almost? I was thinking about a new collection of children's stories or animations, where all you see of a person are his clothes, sunglasses, baseball cap, shoes and other accessories, and nothing of the human body. Would it be possible to make up something like this? would be quite innovative, don't you think??

About music song and dance. Tell me, is it possible to thing about deep things when you have a song going through your head? Its not, and i can tell you that from experience. i used to write a lot of fanfiction in my teenage years, and i found that if at the same time, i would play my playlist on the computer, i couldn't realy think properly and i always felt that the music was stopping my imagination from flowing properly. Music distracts you. Don't we find it annoying when we have songs playing in our heads?

And therefore, in an ideal muslim world, where everyone wears proper hijab, men would actually want to marry those women, instead of just looking at one woman one day, and another woman on the next. Why is the institution of marriage falling apart today? Its because men can get what they want outside marriage, so why bother, right? :) Why are birth rates falling so much in the so called modern societies?? People are now scared of committment, scared of marriage, but they're not scared of having a one night stand and dating and such? What has happened to society? And its not just in muslim societies where all these rules occur. I've been reading all those Jane Austen novels, and incidentally, she is my favourite author out there, and have you noticed that all the morals of Islam are to some degree prevalent in that society?? people had morals, everywhere, everyone, even a hundred years ago. Why must we be the generation that suddenly decides to shun everything and turn the world upside down?

No, the Quran says to be nice to all of Allah's creation.

I'm sorry if I have offended you in any way, that really wasn't my intention. I do apologize if i've said anything not to your liking. But think deeply over thse things. If you have any further questions, do ask me. I'll be happy to help you understand.

Sacred_Thought

Tabassum 07 - No offense taken, although you do present a good point. Yes, it is hard to focus when music is playing - but why can't Muslims divide their time between listening to music and then prayer? Does Allah, who is almighty, have to have your constant reassertion of faith every second? It seems strange, being that Allah, who created the very universe, must have this constant reassurance...

And while I am thinking about it - When the Prophet Muhammad is defamed or slurred, embassies are burned, death threats are issued, and many Muslims grow enraged.

Jesus was also a Prophet, and yet when he is slurred, there's hardly a blink. Why the double standard, if all prophets are held in such esteem? Why is Muhammad treated as better than the rest when he himself insisted that he was not?

alSabr14

If you know nothing of Islam, and were never exposed to it, why would God send the ignorant - by no means of their own, to hellfire? Seems a little cruel to me.

He doesn't. If you have never heard of Islam, you will not be held accountable for it as it is not your fault. God is Just. This person is not the same as someone who has heard and rejected it.

I hope this helps in your understanding some.

alSabr14

Just to add something more,
the original word which Kafir comes from means "to cover".. someone who hides or covers (the Truth/Oneness of God, etc)
It is then broken down from there.. but I don't want to get into detail without citing. Not all non-Muslims are kuffar (plural of kafir). If you would like recommendations of scholarly books on Islam (very reliable, written by Westerners), please let me know.

gazkour

Greetings and welcome to the forum

Does Allah, who is almighty, have to have your constant reassertion of faith every second? It seems strange, being that Allah, who created the very universe, must have this constant reassurance...

Allah The almighty doesn't need any reassertion of anything, it is us who need Him, He doesn't need our worship, it is us who need to go to him everytime to seek guidance, forgiveness, to give praise and to thank the One Who Deserves it.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
i wanted to ask brother Abdul Musair, where do you get all your ayats from? Is there a website with all these ayats listed, or do you type them all out??

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
okay, first of all, i want to say that my keyboard is broken and my left shift key and backspace don't work, so don't mind that the capital letters and some spellings might be messed up, lol.

Third, and to be fair, the thread hasn't yet been extant for long - but no one has taken on the point that if we are all born Muslim, why shouldn't everyone be part of the Umma?

Like I said, we're all told to be kind to everyone, regardless, because unless they clearly defy Islam and say they want nothing to do with it, they're still a potential muslim. You haven't clearly defied Islam yet, which is why I'm trying my best to help you understand, because you're a potential part of the umma. This is how I treat everyone. But if I see someone openly doing misdeeds, I'd try and stay away from them so that I'm not tempted, and believe me, I do get tempted. I want to have fun and party too! But then, I have a higher calling in life, and must stop myself.
The ideal muslim wouldn't differentiate with how he treats others, but you know, its not an ideal world. That's how we are supposed to act, but not everyone listens, and perfection doesn't always come easily.

The honest answer is this. My son may not listen to me, he may defy me. But that is the choice of my son, and at the end of the day, he is still my blood and I will still love him. That is the power of love. That, in turn, is how I fashion an all-loving God - truly, a father figure - to be.

If your son is about to jump in a well, or if he's playing with dangerous sharp objects, and you tell him not to, yet he still insists to play with danger, would you still just sit back and accept that that is your son's choice? Is knowingly letting your son go in danger, really love?? Allah knows whats best for us, and he's told us. We've got to trust that He knows our own good, and therefore, we've got to listen what he says. That's what a true father figure would be. That's love.

- Correct, but you miss the point, too. Nuns are meant to be celibate. Why should it matter what they look like regardless?

Lol, I'd like to see a nun's reaction to that! That nuns should be celibate, that's one of the innovations of Christianity. I'm sure Jesus-as never told them they had to be celibate, but they did get the dressing part right. Actually, at that time all women used to cover their hair like how the nuns do, leaving their ears, neck and upper chest uncovered. It was called khumr, and meant covering. And in one verse of the Quran the dressing part was changed and it said 'extend your khumr over your bosoms.' Imagine the habit of a nun, if she pulls the part that's left hanging down her back forward to cover her chest, it would cover her ears, neck and upper chest, and would become the islamic hijab.

You must have been exposed to Islam to come under this criteria. If you never heard of it, you don't count. However in today's internet, communication at your fingertips world, not many people can say that they never heard of Islam.

Another question. Allah - the all knowing, the wisest. If Allah meant for everyone to be Muslim - as it was at the time of Moses - why then did Allah allow the existence of the other religions - indeed, it was the will of Allah, as all things are, yes? It makes no sense as to why Allah would choose only 1.2 billion (more or less) to be Muslim but let the remaining 5 billion people of the earth teeter on the brink of the inferno. It would seem from an objective viewpoint that there should be more to this than what is told.

Every person has their own free will, and is accountable for their own actions. And our life is a test, we've got to listen. Its our responsibility to discover the truth of the world and accept this truth. Why is the most important question in today's world "what is the meaning of life?" There are whole movies, tv shows, musical lyrics, everything, everyone wants to know. Its a universal question we were born with. Everyone in today's world has heard the word Islam. Why don't they investigate. I don't know, its choice. I chose to become strict in Islam. My brother is out there having fun in the western world and western lifestyle, even though both of us grew up with the same values. Its choice. We have free will. lets make the best of it.

but why can't Muslims divide their time between listening to music and then prayer? Does Allah, who is almighty, have to have your constant reassertion of faith every second? It seems strange, being that Allah, who created the very universe, must have this constant reassurance...

The aftereffects of music last a long time. And if you're supposed to pray five times a day, plus be good to everyone and live the Islam life every second of your day, you can't afford to go astray. plus, music is addictive, you can't stop once you start listening. I know this. I've been through it. When lost in the music world, I'd sing. I stopped listening to music and would keep singing. My parents would ask me to do something, I'd snap and get angry because when I came out of my reverie, I'd get all depressed. Music is alcohol for the soul. Even I haven't yet been able to quit music completely, but I'm trying. If I were listening to music at this very moment, I wouldn't have been able to use my brain properly to write up a decent answer. We need to be in full possession of our minds at all times.

Jesus was also a Prophet, and yet when he is slurred, there's hardly a blink. Why the double standard, if all prophets are held in such esteem? Why is Muhammad treated as better than the rest when he himself insisted that he was not?

This is actually a pretty good point. I don't really know. I've never thought about it. Hmm... If someone makes fun of Jesus-as to my face, I'd stop them and say I found it insulting. Its just that the christians lay claim that Jesus is their saviour, and that he is the son of god. If they slander the Son of God, then probably I wouldn't defend that person. My Jesus-as wasn't the son of God. Ah, maybe this is the reason muslims don't defend him?? Interesting. I found the answer, i think. They are worshipping and slandering the wrong image of Jesus. The best we can do is show them Islam. And muslims do try to spread Islam.

that's all your queries i think.

Do think about the stuff I've just said.

mezeren

Hi,
it is the same old story.People look at some of muslims and decide that islam is such and such religion.There are some muslims that represent islam in a correct way as well,but,surely,you haven't come across any.

OK,as we always say,islam is perfect,muslims are not.Therefore,study islam not muslims.Make no mistake because it is about eternal happiness or eternal punishment.One shouldn't be ignorant about it.Get a reliable translation of Quran and read it.if you do not understand something,come back and ask questions.There are some knowledgeable brothers and sisters here who can answer them.

And if you ask one question at a time,that will be more informative and it will be better discussed.

Take care.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I have 2 softwares, 1 which could search for ayat Al Qur'an, the other 1, I could cut and paste any ayat want.
That's the answer. Oo Tabassum, what does Tabassum means? I kind of like that name, and Allahu Ta'ala wills that I have the chance to ask what your name mean.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

:wasalam:

Tabassum means 'smile' in Urdu. It's actually my middle name.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd

WELL, FIRST OF ALL BROTHER/SISTER
you had said that 'where Christians have been known to help because that is what their bible tells them to do' but it is not thier bible who taught them ,but it is our bible who has taught them all these things because for christians is not thier jesus who is the son of god but he is our prophet and servent of allah, and you had also said that in islam there are no music, no song, no dance, no enjoyment, in the Islamic way of life.'
no, it is totally wrong ..in islam musics , songs, dance ,enjoyemnt is not prohibited but as we all know here islam is the purest religion and in islam there no such foolish things ,ya in islam we can sing, dance, we can listen to music , enjoy but we have to have a limit for every thing and we can do all these things , 1. point :but we should not listen to the musics like that of bad , and very attractive, because this in islam changes our mind and shaitan (evil) takes part in it
2. point : and song ..yes , we can sing songs like that of not singing romantic,attracive,and bad songs but ya we can sing songs like that of having no bad meaning and like that of singing to out lord (allah).
3. point" we can dancelike that of dancing with good musics as i have said you .and as i have heard in the marriages of our prophet many of the people would dance of just like enjoyemnt
4. point: and yes, you also said that enjoyment is prohibited in islam ....but no, it is not prohibited in islam ....we can enjoy how much ever we want but we should not cross our limits and for us (muslims) enjoyement is like that of reading quran,singing nasheeds , reading our obligatory prayes and respecing elders and being kind to others , this is all our entertainment and if you want to add some more entertainment then yes , we can dance, listen to music and sing but not attract our selves..
and i agree with your point that art is not allowed because our lord(allah) does not want us to draw images like that of nose ,eyes, and mouth ...
and you also said that ........" Look around you. Clearly, the Allah you pray to is an Allah with a creative streak. Look at the night sky on a clear day and see the stars. Look to the forests, the rivers. If Allah did not want people - created, mind you, in His image - to enjoy art and love things - why is Allah such a great artist in the world He made for you? Seems contradictory to me.'
..because (aLLh) is our lord and he does not want any one to create any pictures because our lord (allah ) has made all these creation and he does not want a human to create a human which is not possible .and he hates the people who create images like that of a human and please dont say to our pure religion a culture because its not only a culture but also a religion in which we will learn every point of quran (inshallah) and we muslims (mashallah) are also not interested in drawing pictures of human because we have shame by disobeying our lord (ALLAH) ......and look how fake other religions are !
in hindusim there is an stone who is god ,it just looks as though we have painted a stone and put him mouth ,eyes, nose and all (plz dont think that im condemning others religion,because today there is a person asking questions about islam and we have to answer your question with proof) and that stone has mother,father,childrenand allah ..if i ask a question on hidusm i want to ask who is the true god i(in thier religion) who has created them all ? and second religion which i like to say is cristianism ....why does thier lord have a image? who created your lord? and who is your lord ? and how does your lord have a son ? infact your lord creates every one then how can he have a son?
and the last puurest religon islam .let me say .....in islam our lordallah) has no image and nor he is creaated and nor he will be create .our lord is filled with brighness ..... what is your all lords filled with ?
and you also said that ' And what about the women who wear their hijabs but still show parts of their hair - i.e, the way some Iranian women do? Why would you bother to wear that if you're showing it anyway?'
okay let me ask a question to cristians..
well in cristianism many girls and boys kiss on each others lips .why so they do so? has thier lord kiised on his wifes lips ? ( lahaula -wala- quwwathah..may allah forgive me for speaking like this maryam (r.a.a))...first of all cristians are wrong and second od all thier religion is wrong and by the way ! thier religion is totally wrong because the truth is allah is the only lord and jesus is his messenger and marayam(r.a.a) (mary) is jesus's son and he has no father ....jesus never called himself son of god as i know-but he used to callthe'son of man(mark2:10) although he heard him self ieng called by that name he did not object - as assumed in the bible-and did not considerd the title exclusively for him.
according to the bbilical term in the ols and new testiment ,every god - fearing righteous person is called son of god. in matthew 5:9 we read:
' blessed are the peace -makers,for they shall be called the children or god
in matthew 5"45-
'that ye may be the children of your father which is in heaven.."
jesus:servent of allah
matthew 23:8-
'but be not ye called rabbi: for one is your master,even jesus an allye are brethern ."
here is is clearly proved that jesus was servent of allah , and that there is only one master and he is allah. in the arabic version os the bible this verse has been translated so that jesus is meant to be the master whereas the english rendering is nearer the original sense....
and we cant help it if people are going astray to other religion and it is the mistakes of iranis for showing thier part of hair as cristians shows thier whole part of body ..(may allah help them all)
and you also said " MY fiancee, who once called herself Muslim, noted that Arab men in the UK will ogle women at every opportunity - they really are pigs, aren't they? I don't mean to say that men don't naturally appreciate the female form, but in this example, they don't even realize how obvious they are at watching women. If women weren't kept under the abaya, it wouldn't be such a massive shock when Arabs and other Muslims come to the West."
...well, as i have heard in uk many cristians rape a female and do adultry ...is thier no ounishment for cristians for doing that ??
but in islam if we just do adultry then our lor has said them to stone to deathand if a man rapes a women then his neck should be cut ..tFinally, if the Muslim world is so great - why do Muslims come to the West? I thought the Qur'an said not to associate with the kaffirs. Isn't this in violation of divine law?

you had said "Finally, if the Muslim world is so great - why do Muslims come to the West? I thought the Qur'an said not to associate with the kaffirs. Isn't this in violation of divine law?'
in quran it is mentioned that we should not associate kafirs because if we associate kafirs then they will live no clue for fighting against us because our islam teaches us to be kind and humle not to fight...
....these is what differece our religio and your religion have...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Funny thing you write but do not want to respond. Is that simply to fulfill your own expectations. At the end you can justify your stand by saying: " I told you so!"

The path of faith is an individual path. Hence we have the word pilgrim. People are on the path but on different levels of the path. Islam is the answer for all levels of faith.

As usual, and this happens often on forums, the over addressed issues are raised. You seem smug in depicting the hypocrisy of many practicing Muslims. For example you conflate the habit of a nun with the hijab of a Muslim woman. If you take the time to read Western history you will note women did not leave the house with the head uncovered until the end of WWII. Women still wore wigs. Married women more so than single girls. Marriage was critical for a woman. The spinster was always thought to be a little strange.

Muslims do help everyone. Your world view is myopic. It is unIslamic to praise yourself for charity. Let not the left hand know what you give with your right.

Islam has answers for human necessities. Yes, men ogle. And some will ogle until the Day of Judgment. But what you forget is there is answer. Polygamy and lowering your gaze.

Please do not let the contorted views of a woman who is no longer a Muslim taint your views of a perfect faith.

I encourage you to find the truth for yourself.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:
I think tabassum sister very beautifully and clearly answered your questions about us muslims not considering everyone as part of the ummah

1st and most importantly A child is innocent, he is innocent and he only knows there is one God, he is born will the will of GOd and he does stuff according to the will of God so whoever does things according to God will is a muslim

Not sure if ur christian but if u r look into John 10:30,
LIke sister said we muslims respect all and we usually call everyone bro/sis but the difference comes in when the child gets his sense and follows what their parents taught him and denies Islam

I was talking to one of my friend last night, she is a non-muslims soon going to be convering to Islam inshallah
she brought this point up that her parents didn't have internet or advance media as we do so maybe they can justify why they didn't accept islam but as for me I was taugh lies and misled by other all this time startiing from school and never really understood the religion cuz the way they present it to us is like Islam is a backward religion with no basis, they never tell you that Islam is to christianity llike Christianity is to Judaism, and everything makes sense when you think about it

So brother my sugguestion is sit down peacefully and think Is what Islam says is wrong or you find it hard to accept since ur so used to ur lifestyle.

Every person must follow a path, you are either on the right path or wrong path, there is a sectioin on the forum about new converts why dont you listen to their testimony and see what is so great about islam like i quoted you from Quran before read that and try to understand that and if you think that yes this is confusing then ask like you did right now but now so many beautiful ppl have given you a answer beautifully instead of argueing first please take 5 min to just think logically.

About music you seemed to be really concerned ... I use to listened to Rap all the time, I use to do car racing so rap was my thing .... but seriously ever since i became a good muslim i only listen to Islamic lec and Quran from time to time, i start feeling bored when someone changes my CD in the car and i felt like alot of my emotions (anger and hate) were coming from the music
I use to swear 24 /7 cuz of the music ... you become what you listen to thats why its better to listen to something beautiful instead

I know alot of ppl here mashallah are very nice muslims I wasn't, and now i feel bad for what i was missing in my life all these years, the inner peace you get it only from God
Alot of things i found really weird in the beginning but when i sat down and thought about it -- it made sense
everything has logic, you know im doing a honor specialiation in evolution ... its all theories and i believe in it so far cuz i have evidence but if a couple of years if someone prooves it wrong then i know i will have really hard time accepting to it cuz i just spend past 4 yeras of my life studying it but then i have to ask myself the question Am i denying things cuz they dont make sense to me or The evidence i have is still valid

AboBakr

well, you should know that Islam is the only religion which gives the non believers their full human rights so that killing an innocent Muslim is the same as killing a non Muslim . they have the freedom to worship their on god without any harm being done . they are not getting killed by the name of Islam just to worship their own god ,nothing like what Christians did in Spain .
and finally I'll quote some of the bible which certainly not telling them to help poor humans :

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)

shichemlydia

answer

Salam alikoum
First, i have not read your message until the end, so excuse me for that. But I am telling you this, before saying anything about islam, you should be sure that there is a big diference between islam and muslims, and I actually wonder why when a Christian or a jewish kills 1000 people, they do not make the religion guilty and when a muslim kills someone they attack islam, what kind of judgement is that. The frensh killed 45000 people in my country in one day, and none mentioned the word bible. So this is a question for you.

Allah says the people of the book to those who really followed the bible, not those who are following a man made book which has 1000 versions so which one is the correct that would take you the satisfaction of allah swt. And he sais that those who said the jesus is god have disbelieved.
If you follow the story of religions, you will find out that the bible mentioned that there is a prophet coming after jesus in the name of Mohamed and the true bible described him in details. So why don’t the Christians believe in the last message of allah swt.
The quran we follow is still one, so it must be the message and the words of allah , so everyone who followed will enter the paradise inchae allah. If not it is up to allah swt, as he is the only one who decides upon someone.

Allah swt said in the quran “like animals, “ not animals yes, their way of life is like the one of animals. And this is quit true to someone who is unconscious about the wisdom behind his being here.
Concerning charity with non muslims, yes, the company I am working for participated in the earthquake of Piru, but you will not see that in the media, because they fear to hear people saying oh muslims are prety good people,…..
Concerning the art, yes we have Islamic arts, but our art is not a woman taking her clothes off and dancing in front of people, because this is not art I guess….
We are the slaves and allah swt is the only oine who decrees things and we are here to obey. When he says musique is forbidden, we have to give it away, and not ask why is that.because that is the nature of jewish who debates with allah swt.
Try to have a look about what islam says about the parents, the neighbours, the women, the seeking of knowledge, helping humanity, giving respect to the people, giving charity….islam is not a religion, but it is more, it is such a pure way of life, the west is sinking in problems that the muslim nations never heard about.
Now I am going to wrire such important words so I will put them in capitals.
YOU ARE WONDERING AND ASKING BECAUSE YOU SIMPLY DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE HEREAFTER? THAT IS WHY YOU SEE ISLAM AS A CLOSEED MIND RELIGION. IT IS ALL ABOUT SACRIFICE. ALLAH TELLS YOU LEAVE THIS TO TEST YOU WHO IS THE BEST DOER AMONG US.
Wa salam alikoum

bintusabr

my humble point of view on the various issues that you raised:
when we say all people are born 'muslims' we mean that we are born with a natural belief in one god, one creator, and the will to surrender to Him, which we call 'Fitrah' but this obviously doesnt mean that you will become a muslim growing up. If you don't nurture your spirituality, if you don't grow up loving God, if you don't try to please Him, if you don't look for Him, you progressively lose this primal belief. The Ummah as I see it personally is a group of people, muslims, that have surrendered to God and accepted the message He sent down to us. Its a group of people that share my values, that will help me become a better person, that love me for the sake of God, and although i love and cherish my non muslim friends, the muslim Ummah is the one group of people that I can really rely on and trust no matter what, because they fear God.
Secondly being an artist myself, I find your statement about art. I know dozens of artists in London alone that practice art based on their faith, and I believe my own practice has improved a lot since I became muslim. Islamic art has much more meaning in my view than art that tries to shock, or that is purely commercial. Islam also brought some of the most magnificent examples of architecture, such as the blue mosque, the sakhra mosque in al quds, etc. Arabic calligraphy is also one of my favourite forms of art, and it is considered as an act of worship.
Concerning music, I listen to a lot of tajweed and nasheed songs, and I find them infinitely more nourishing and beautiful than any of the songs people listen to nowadays, that in my view are purely made for money and fame, and actually I would even call any of them 'music'. Music is certainly not banned in Islam; certain musical instruments are, and as a former music student I believe this is because harmonious melodies can have a big influence on one's set of mind. Some songs make you cry, some make you want to dance, and I think that is why musical instruments are banned. Not that muslims care, because it obliges us to explore other options, as nasheed artists do, and the result is infinitely better than they would achieve using instruments.
Lastly, about Hijab, I'm a proud hijabi, hijab means covering the whole of your body except your face and hands, so I suppose Iranian women as you described them are ignorant of the true definition of hijab. I don't cover for men, although it's a great feeling to be appreciated for your mind and not your body, and not be harassed in the street. I wear hijab because that's one of God's commandments to women, like it was for christian and jewish women. Hijab makes me feel that Im obeying my Lord, and it makes me more aware of my behaviour, as i will be identified by others as a muslim. It makes me feel more dignified, it makes me remember God every minute, and when I go home I enjoy wearing make up and nice clothes for the ones I love. I feel much more in control of my body, of my image, as people can't judge me, and hijab makes me feel precious and protected.
I hope it makes things clearer for you