Questions to Muslims

Rashadi

Rashadi, thank you for the insightful post.

The sole reason I believe that all of the books have been tampered with is simply this: They have been in the hands of men, and have been since they were first ascribed. Did Muhammad, who was said to be illiterate and unable to write, write the Qur'an himself, or did he have someone do it for him? If yes, then that is a point in my mind for weakness right there. If not, remember, the book has been in the hands of men for 1400 years. There is always room for something to go awry.

You say that the work is protected by Allah himself: If that was so, why were not the preceding books? I am told the Qur'an is a "fixed version" of the Jewish Torah. Why was the Torah not in Allah's care? Do you see where my line of thinking comes from?

In the end - and yes, this is my personal opinion and should in no way be seen as trying to discourage those of you mighty in your faith to believe otherwise - that I cannot be certain than this book is uncorruptable. Even if there is a consistency to it agreed upon by Western scholars, there's just a great leap of faith, in my humble opinion, to hedge it all on this. Consistency doesn't necessarily mean infallibility.

I am almost inclined to mention someone - who I believe claimed to be Muslim - that argued against the 100% validity of the Qur'an, but I will not mention him here because it's controversial and I don't want this thread to crumble into a flame war.

Oh, and thank you all for your insightful posts. :)

No problem, brother/sister, no offense taken at all. I can not convince you that that the Quran is the word of Allah because this is between you and God but what I can prove is that it is not altered, changed or deleted. This has been well proven by scholars, historians and authors who have written about it a great deal. The Quran has been in the hands of people since day one but the it is not only a written text but it is oral as well. Quran means "recitation" and it is something that is to be recited and this itself is a proof alone but there is more. The University of Munich conducted a study on this subject and they gathered over 40,000 complete and partial copies of the Quran from all parts of the Islamic world and from the earliest to the latest ones, after years of research, they confirmed and found no difference among them. There were no different versions or texts.

Unfortunately, the university was hit during ww2 but they confirmed the fact that the Quran has been preserved since day one. It is not for me to convince you that the Quran is the word of God because you have to do that on your own but what I can do is prove that it is not altered, corrupt, changed, deleted, etc. As for the person who you mentioned who argued against the Quran, I love to hear more about him and I have a feeling I already know who it is but I still like to know for certain but even he will have no real argument against it. The Quran was already in the memory of thousands of the companions and early followers of the Prophet(saaws). This tradition has been passed down to this day and today the number is in the millions. One can take all of the Quran's and hide them and it will be brought back the same day word for word because it is in the minds and hearts of millions.

I respect your opinion and I am in no way trying to attack you or force you to accept it but I could give you an advise and just keep an open mind, pray to god for guidance, ask Him to guide you to the truth, and research the Quran if you are interested. If not, it is your choice my friend.

As for the previous revelations, they were meant for a temporary time for the certain people. For example, the Torah was revealed to Moses(pbuh) and the Injeel was revealed to Jesus(pbuh) and these were valid revelations from the same Almighty God and we believe in them. God did not forget about them but He simply sent His final scripture for all mankind and for all times, and it is a confirmation of what went before it. What we have today as the Old Testament and New testament is not the actual Torah or Injeel as given to the prophets but it is a corruption with some truths in them. My claim is that these books were never the originals from the start but corrupt manuscripts written by later unknown authors. Of course Allah(swt) could have protected the previous scriptures and He did do so because His original words will always remain but they weren't for all times. In the Quran, God tells is what basically was in those books and the Torah was a scripture which contained laws for the Children of Israel and their religion was Islam (Submission to God). The same way with Jesus(pbuh), when he came, his duty was to coinfirm and uphold the Torah, call his people back to the straight path and the Injeel was in harmony and was a confirmation of the Torah.

The majority of the Jews rejected Jesus and did not do as they were commanded to do by God and by Jesus. Then, He finally sent Muhammad(pbuh) and revealed the Quran to him which confirms the previous messages and is for all of mankind. So of course God could have preserved the previous scriptures and who knows maybe there are still copies hidden somewhere and if not, He has sent the Quran for all times and it is sufficient. So my dear friend, I hope you are not offended by anything and don't take me as trying to convert you because only Allah guides and this is between you and Him, but I am more than happy to help in anyways explain your questions or comment on any issues you may have. May God guide you and everyone, Amin.

I don't believe that any of the books have not been tampered with to some extent. That means I believe that the Torah, the Bible, and yes, the Qur'an, have all been tampered with in some way. This may upset some of you, and I apologize in advance if it has.

Here are strong proofs that the Quran has not been tampered:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=292676&postcount=19

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=213081&postcount=1

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=292672&postcount=18

Here is evidence that Bible has been changed:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24043&page=13

Whenever you state such belief you have to provide evidence. I hope the links have convinced you that the Quran has not been altered in any shape, form or fashion. In fact if you throw all the Qurans, Bibles, Torahs, etc into the sea, you would find that only Quran can be reproduced exactly word for word...dot for dot. Why? Because it is written in a eloquent & easy to memorize fashion and many Muslims have memorized it in entirity. Alhamduillah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I thought I must mention that there is a lot of controversy about the exactness of the Holocaust. It makes little sense to use this analogy for the sake of argument. Topic of another post.

You make another critical mistake in your thinking. Why do believe that it is only the Easterners who are Muslims. Western thought has been heavily influenced by Muslims, and it continues to this day. Islam does not discriminate.

I am very pleased that you are responding. Please keep refining your thoughts.

IslamicGirl24

Greetings brother Sacred thought.

It seems that almost all of the western people have a very specific problem for Hijab, which I don't know why. Being a muslim girl, I wear my hijab for the love of Allah and for His love alone. I don't see why a person should not cover himself or herself properly. If you can tolerate seeing women , who are not properly covered, then why can't you tolerate the women who wear Hijab???

Your posts make it sound like Islam is a very strict religion. But believe me it is not. From my point of view, Allah has issued His commands on us , not because (Astaghfirullah) He wants to boss around, but because He loves His creations and wants them to follow the right path.

You also said that why has muhammad been blessed above all the other prophets.
brother, Muhammad SAW has been blessed over all other prophets because he S.A.W was the last messenger.. On him the prophethood was sealed. He was given The last Holy Book..and because he was the best Man that ever lived on this earth. he worshipped Allah Day and night. He tolerated every type of torture that was put on him. Alot of his family members including his daughter and his beloved uncle were murdered by the Kuffar. He was imprisioned for three years in a place where there was no food. But he never gave up and always forgave his enemies.

You said that if someone insulted Jesus then we would noe defend him. EXCUSE ME?? Where did you get this idea from?? If someone insulted Prophet Jesus infront of me, I will beat the hell out of him. Because i believe that Jesus was sent by Allah ..he was given a Holy book. And because Our religion tells us to believe in all the Prophets.

Clearly brother..you have got the intirely wrong impression of Islam. I ask you humbly to please study Islam carefully before launching any kind of wrong allegations.

May peace be upon you.

Salaam,

Right on sister IslamicGirl24!

I've mentioned this before, but it's amazing how non-Muslims can criticize a hijab when his wife and daughters are wearing "bikini's" in front of men & strangers. They've been deluded under this guise. They've given the approval that it's okay to walk & show their panties and bras. :astag:

sunnahwarrior

Rashadi, thank you for the insightful post.

The sole reason I believe that all of the books have been tampered with is simply this: They have been in the hands of men, and have been since they were first ascribed. Did Muhammad, who was said to be illiterate and unable to write, write the Qur'an himself, or did he have someone do it for him? If yes, then that is a point in my mind for weakness right there. If not, remember, the book has been in the hands of men for 1400 years. There is always room for something to go awry.

I think you are just guessing or feeling. Can you provide proof that Quran is corrupted? I am waiting here. You seem an analytical person, typically need scientific fact and references to agree upon something so I suggest you to find the error between arabic text of one version of quran and other Quran or the different meaning of the words in arabic.

Allah will protect it from corruption. As in Quran :

"We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption)"

Al-Hijr verse 9

You just made an analogy to Bible and Towrah. The error in Bibles are clearly obvious. Some scholars have found some verses in one type of Bible and contradict other verses in other version of Bible, one of them is Ahmad Deedat. I have read a few Christian converts experiences why they choose Islam.

Moreover the writing process of Qur'an was after many people remembered all contents of it so there would be cross checking process between the hafeez ( person who remembers all verses of Qur'an ) to guarantee the originality.

"If not, remember, the book has been in the hands of men for 1400 years. There is always room for something to go awry"

In fact that is the miracle my friend :) even after 1400 years people always fail in finding the corruption in Qur'an since many moslem protects and check it.

Once more :

"We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption)"

Re-think your mind my friend . Dont take any assumption first. Be objective. If you are truly objective, you might find the miracles of Qur'an

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

All the rituals that Muslims take part in are merely there to compensate for the lack of revelation from their god (allah) whom by the way is not the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. We merely need to look back at the origins of this pagan religion which is prohibited by Islam to discover the truth about Mohammed and his God.

Peace be on you Comelordcome,

Firt, you are welcome to the forum.

Secondly, we only practise the rituals that are originally stated in the revelation of the Noble Qur'an. We never invented our rituals to compensate for the lack of revelation from Allah. Allah Himself stated in His revelation that He did not neglect anything in The Book:

"There is not a moving (living) creature on earth, nor a bird that flies with its two wings, but are communities like you. We have neglected nothing in the Book, then unto their Lord they (all) shall be gathered." Chapter #6, Verse #38

Allah also said what can be translated as:

" This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islâm as your religion. ."

Chapter #5, Verse #3

sunnahwarrior

You say that the work is protected by Allah himself: If that was so, why were not the preceding books? I am told the Qur'an is a "fixed version" of the Jewish Torah. Why was the Torah not in Allah's care? Do you see where my line of thinking comes from?

Is the answer beneficent much to you that you know why Torah was not cared by Allah?

It's up to Allah, God Of Earth and Heaven, creator of all things. He is the God. If He wills something, then it happens.

Quran: "they ( Jew ) alter the words ( Torah ) from their places, saying: If you are given this, take it, and if you are not given this, be cautious;"

You can clearly read that the one who change the Torah itself are themselves ( Jews).

But for Quran, true Believer in Islam won't have willings to change the Quran. Even though there are some wicked people ( moonafeeq) who attempt but always fail because of Allah.

So, why don't you ask the Rabbi and the Pastors. Why there are many contradicts in Torah and Bible? Why their ancestors corrupt their OWN books.

You might want to know that even the answers of those questions are provided in Qur'an, Glory to Allah who send this Book.

In Quran:

Woe, then, to those who write the book with their hands and then say: This is from Allah, so that they may take for it a small price; therefore woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn

If you still wonder, then just pray to Allah, your God, ask about this if you are still confused. But you must intend to ask for guidance not just to ask the people here.

A good learner will ask what they dont know about, not just to play around. ( This is not referring to you, just a quote of mine)

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler
:salam2:
:bismillah1:

Subhana'Allah may Allah bless the believers who are trying in this thread to remind and reveal the true word of Allah, and May He bless all the Muslims around the world with the reward of Jannatul Firdous because certainly we are being tried with the hardest trial. AMEEN.

And to add what my brother Sunnahwarrior has said, the Jews change the Torah and they hide the Torah and follow the Talmud in which they wrote with their own hands. Subhana'Allah!!! Surely the Qur'an has never been tampered with and can never be. Allah (SWT) says in the Qur'an:

Surah Baqarah: 23-24-

23. And if you are in doubt as to that which We have revealed to Our servant, then produce a chapter like it and call on your helpers besides Allah if you are truthful.

24.But if you do (it) not---and you can never do (it)---then be on your guard against the fire whose fuel is men and stones; it is prepared for the disbelievers.

Subhana'Allah, Alhamdullilah, La illah illa Allah, Allahu Akbar, wa la howla wa quwaataa illa Billah. Surely My God, Allah, is One God and the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is His LAST Messenger and surely he has delivered his message.

:salam2:
:shahadah:

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Salaam

true

“[28.55] and because when they hear idle talk they turn away from it and
say: 'We have our deeds, and you have your deeds. Peace be upon you. We do
not desire the ignorant. '
[28.56] You cannot guide whom you please; it is Allah who guides whom He
will. He knows well those who are guided”

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Ameen to your prayers , mashallah you have all given very good answers, and inshallah by this person bringing us his thoughts it has reminded us how prefect our religion is and how confused others seem to be , inshallah Allah ta'laa will guide who he wants to the true path and keep us firm on ours.

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Salaam

true

“[28.55] and because when they hear idle talk they turn away from it and
say: 'We have our deeds, and you have your deeds. Peace be upon you. We do
not desire the ignorant. '
[28.56] You cannot guide whom you please; it is Allah who guides whom He
will. He knows well those who are guided”

Barakallahufik brother.

IslamicGirl24

Salam!

I agree with Brother Aymen...we have wasted our breath to try to guide them in the right path...but all they are trying to do is to ridicule Islam and Allah in every possible way...If you have read the first post ,you may have realized that the person was not here to get some answers ..all he wanted to do was to mock us.... I was so hurt by his attitude. I remained upset for a whole day that why should anyone be so immature to insult other people's religion. Being muslims, it is our duty to guide people to the right path but only to those who seek it. I don't think anyone should post here anymore. We should never provide a platform to the non-muslims to speak up continuosly against our religion. I would never dream of ridiculing any person about his/her belief because I fear that Allah will question me about it on the Day of judgement. The reason that some people just love to critisize Islam is that they know that we are going to retaliate...then why provide them even a chance to speak up their dirty thoughts??

No offense meant to yoou Brother sacred-thought but please try to understand .. this site is only for those people who want to LEARN about Islam not for those who want RIDICULE Islam.

peace be upon you.. I pray that may Allah guide you on the right path.

wantobeMumin

^ RasoolAllah (saw) went to one on his uncle to explain him about islam 83 times. He rejected and ridiculed Him (saw) each and every time.
question is do we have that kind of patience ?

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
As-salaamu'alaikum my brothers and sisters,

There is an etiquette to seeking knowledge and asking questions. I am not impressed by the questions sacred_thought has asked, and neither am I impressed by the way he has put them foreward...

Ask one thing at a time, have an open mind and dont, dont, dont start threads saying 'I dont want to offend anyone, buutt....' all they do is a provoke a negative response.

As Allah Almighty has said in His Book, the kuffar are deaf, blind and dumb to the Truth. And this is true, you show it to them, they cannot see. You tell them the Truth, they cannot hear. Everything that comes out of their mouths is idle and they stumble to and fro throughout this life.

O Allah, correct the Muslims and guide us, free us of our mistakes and errors, and bless us in Your Path. Ameen.

Sacred_Thought

I don't recall ridiculing anyone at any point. Quote me please.

If we do not ask questions, how can we grow?

A lot of people are afraid to ask questions because they are afraid of the answers. I ask questions so I can become stronger from them.

[Edit]

I'm also curious to know where I was trying to do missionary work or trying to lure anyone away from their religion. I don't see how it's possible when I don't call any one religion my own nor do I care to meddle in affairs that aren't mine. If anything, I believe in God and the light of Reason. :)

Rashadi

I don't recall ridiculing anyone at any point. Quote me please.

If we do not ask questions, how can we grow?

A lot of people are afraid to ask questions because they are afraid of the answers. I ask questions so I can become stronger from them.

[Edit]

I'm also curious to know where I was trying to do missionary work or trying to lure anyone away from their religion. I don't see how it's possible when I don't call any one religion my own nor do I care to meddle in affairs that aren't mine. If anything, I believe in God and the light of Reason. :)

Greeting Sacred Thought, I agree with you and there is nothing wrong with asking questions because that is how one learns, but sometimes questions contain statements. For example, if I were to say "why are all all Muslims violent", that wouldn't really be a question but rather a statement with a question mark behind it because I am already saying that they are violent and I am expecting an answer to my statement with a question mark. But if I was to say "are Muslims allowed to be violent", that would be a question. I am not accusing you of anything but I am just clarifying the difference between a question and a statement. Do not shy away or be afraid of asking questions but there is a way of doing it without coming off as attacking like some people do. This is the right place to learn, ask and seek answers about Islam. If you have any questions, concerns, etc about Islam, feel free to send me a private message or you can post it here if you want. I be more than happy to help answer or clarify any questions you may have and I will do my best to get an answer if I do not know it myself or for sure.