Ramadan 1st time

JustaBeliever

Salaam, concerning Ramadan it will be my first year Incha Allah, Have a few questions.

1. If you break your fast unintentionally may you continue the next day or week?

2. Does it ruin the whole month for you?

3. Do you have to make it up, can you make it up?
:laila:

Amina 1

Salaam, concerning Ramadan it will be my first year Incha Allah, Have a few questions.

1. If you break your fast unintentionally may you continue the next day or week?

Assalam Alaikum

1)If you accidently eat or drink something and it is absolutley and truly unintentional and as soon as you realize you immediatly stop it does not break your fast. Consider it a gift from Allah

2)It is very bad to intentionally break your fast I am not entirely clear on the consequences (sorry) hopefully another brother or sister will clarify inshallah

3)I know that we cannot fast when we have our time of month but I am alittle confused about whether we can or should make it up. Some people have told me I have to make it up and others have said not to make it up. So hopefully once again I will turn to the wonderful brothers and sisters of TTI and maybe We will both learn what is right Inshallah:hearts:

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam !

1.as much as i know is that if you accidently eat or drink something unintentionally and realise you should stop immediatly and your fast should be accepted inshallah.

2.if you apply the above principle your whole month of ramadan wont be
ruined.

3.i dont think you have to make it up for this situation but if you do miss a fast being unwell, i think you have to make it up after ramadan.

jazakallah.

hqudrat

:salam2:
i hope you are doing good. May Allah SWT make the fast easy for you and May HE rewards you as you take the fast ameen.

SIX MATTERS BREAK THE FAST

1 and 2. Intentionally eating or drinking
if a person forgetfully eats or drinks, then he does not have to make up the fast nor is there any expiation in his case. Abu Hurayrah narrated that the proprhet (PBUH) said, whoever forgets while he is fasting and eats or drinks something should complete his fast, for it was Allah who fed him or gave him to drink.

3 Vomiting intentionally
if a person is overcome by nausea and vomits, then he does not have to make up the fast nor is there any expiation in his case. Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet (PBUH) said, "One who is overcome and vomits does not make up the day. One who intentionally makes himself vomit make up the day.

4 and 5. Menstruation and post-partum bleeding
Even if these occur at the last moment before sundown, they break the fast according to the consensus of the scholars

6. Sexual intercourse
The one who commits this act must perform the expiation that is described in the following hadith. Abu Hurayrah narrated: "While we were sitting with the prophet (PBUP) a man came and said, 'O' Messenger of Allah, I have been destroyed. 'He replied, 'I had intercourse with my wife while I was fasting. ' The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) then told him, 'Do you have a slave that you can free?' He replied, 'No.' He then said, 'Can you fast two months consecutively?' he replied, 'No.' Then Messenger of Allah (PBUH) then ask him, 'Can you feed sixty poor people?' He replied, 'No.' The Prophet (PBUH) then kept silent when a big basket full of dates was brought to him. He said, 'Where is the questioner?' The man replied, 'It is I.' The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) told him, 'Take these dates and give them in charity.' The man said, 'To someone poorer than I, O' Messenger of Allah (PBUH)? By Allah, there is no family between Medeenah's mountains poorer than I.' The Prophet (PBUH) laughed to such and extent that his prmolars could be seen. He then said, 'Feed your family with it.'"

From THE CONCISE PRESENTATION OF THE FIQH OF THE SUNNAH AND THE NOBLE BOOK BY DR. ABDUL- AZEEM BADAWI
i hope this help

:wasalam:

:tti_sister::tti_sister:

hqudrat

:salam2:
i hope you are doing good. May Allah SWT make the fast easy for you and May HE rewards you as you take the fast ameen.

SIX MATTERS BREAK THE FAST
1 and 2. Intentionally eating or drinking
if a person forgetfully eats or drinks, then he does not have to make up the fast nor is there any expiation in his case. Abu Hurayrah narrated that the proprhet (PBUH) said, whoever forgets while he is fasting and eats or drinks something should complete his fast, for it was Allah who fed him or gave him to drink.

3 Vomiting intentionally
if a person is overcome by nausea and vomits, then he does not have to make up the fast nor is there any expiation in his case. Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet (PBUH) said, "One who is overcome and vomits does not make up the day. One who intentionally makes himself vomit make up the day.

4 and 5. Menstruation and post-partum bleeding
Even if these occur at the last moment before sundown, they break the fast according to the consensus of the scholars

6. Sexual intercourse
The one who commits this act must perform the expiation that is described in the following hadith. Abu Hurayrah narrated: "While we were sitting with the prophet (PBUP) a man came and said, 'O' Messenger of Allah, I have been destroyed. 'He replied, 'I had intercourse with my wife while I was fasting. ' The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) then told him, 'Do you have a slave that you can free?' He replied, 'No.' He then said, 'Can you fast two months consecutively?' he replied, 'No.' Then Messenger of Allah (PBUH) then ask him, 'Can you feed sixty poor people?' He replied, 'No.' The Prophet (PBUH) then kept silent when a big basket full of dates was brought to him. He said, 'Where is the questioner?' The man replied, 'It is I.' The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) told him, 'Take these dates and give them in charity.' The man said, 'To someone poorer than I, O' Messenger of Allah (PBUH)? By Allah, there is no family between Medeenah's mountains poorer than I.' The Prophet (PBUH) laughed to such and extent that his prmolars could be seen. He then said, 'Feed your family with it.'"

From THE CONCISE PRESENTATION OF THE FIQH OF THE SUNNAH AND THE NOBLE BOOK BY DR. ABDUL- AZEEM BADAWI
i hope this help

:wasalam:

:tti_sister::tti_sister:

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome.....

HEY!!!!! Its my first Ramadan too..........I guess we are not alone at least! Alhamdulillah!!!

May Allah make our first Ramadan easy for us (fasting I mean). Ameen

:tti_sister: