Rasmalai hmmm

zarah

Islam
Staff member
:salam2: ZARAH sister & aunty lolz where is my rasmalai..im waiting....lolz hahha...:SMILY139:

:salam2:

Inshallah everyone is well,sisters and brother bad news when my rasmalai`s were getting delivered by different postmans from different countries...

Well............All of them has been ABDUCTED........:SMILY335:

:wasalam:

ansari

STRANGER...

Inshallah everyone is well,sisters and brother bad news when my rasmalai`s were getting delivered by different postmans from different countries...

Well............All of them has been ABDUCTED........:SMILY335:

oooohooooooooooooo.......us ki aise ki taise lolz....make again :p

I wish I could eat it.I am away from home miles from my beloved ones.I daily go to resturent for Breakfast ,Lunch and Dinner.I have to eat nasty food daily.The place I am living has no kitchen...

Globalpeace

Banned
Romance & Food!

W-Salam Sister,

You have killed it by mis-spelling the word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulab_jamun

Even in Wikipedia it is mis-spelled it should be

Gulab (Rose)
Jaman which is a combination in persian of:

Ja (Honour, Respect, Diginity, Position)
-e- (Inserted in written persian) but not pronounced in Urdu
Man (Heart)

So it was a romantic thing i.e. My Rose! You are the honur of my heart

& we have killed the romantic concept by devouring it as a sweet-dish & developing diabetes afterwards. :)

Muslims in India lost over 800 years of rule when they indulged in Food/Music/Poetry/Dancing.

You will find that most Asian food names are after some romantic concept, sadly!

Nope it a Indian,Bangladeshi,and Pakistani sweet desert.....(LOL):hijabi:

Alhamdullilah i love the way my mum makes Gulab Jamm (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

can i ask you something bro GP??
Akhi GP , can u make this food( Rismalai)....or can you cook any other things?

samiha

---------
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Dont count on it :SMILY335:

Wasalam

wa alaykum salam...

noo, but he can tell his wife what it means :D :D :D

Heeyy sis Zarah! Why'd they have to get abducted before you sent me some!! ;) :D

I just looked at the recipe... I'm from Bangladesh... but we make it a different way i think, my mother made it when i was small..... oh well, I'm sure it tastes just as good!!

Hey Bangladesh has some awesome Sweet Shops!! I'm sooo serious. I am in love with them. My uncles brought boxes of sweets and they got abducted too!!! how mysterious!!

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
oho aapni bangladesh theke naki? ..... sorry my bengali is poor, although I am not from bangladesh, I can speak quite well... :tongue: :biggrin:
bengali sweets are really famous world over. when it comes to food, I have everything whatever is HALAL .... lol

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu

Yep frrrrom Bangladesh it is. my not-so-golden country ;) Don't worry your Bangla's fine, it just wasn't meant to be written in English.

By the way, forgot to mention. This sweet is called "Rosh O' Golla" in BD.

MEANING.... wait for it... "Rosh" = Juice "Golla" = Circleish Gol = Circle hmmm...

so a juicy circle? or actually the "o" can mean "and" too... so maybe Juice and circle? lol, i've never really thought of it like that. sheesh. Allah knows Best!!

Are they really famous? i don't know, but every time i go, i come back fatter then before... :SMILY23:

Subhan'Allah.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
W-Salam Sister,

You have killed it by mis-spelling the word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulab_jamun

Even in Wikipedia it is mis-spelled it should be

Gulab (Rose)
Jaman which is a combination in persian of:

Ja (Honour, Respect, Diginity, Position)
-e- (Inserted in written persian) but not pronounced in Urdu
Man (Heart)

So it was a romantic thing i.e. My Rose! You are the honur of my heart

& we have killed the romantic concept by devouring it as a sweet-dish & developing diabetes afterwards. :)

Muslims in India lost over 800 years of rule when they indulged in Food/Music/Poetry/Dancing.

You will find that most Asian food names are after some romantic concept, sadly!

LOL...Jazzak-Allah Khair....

zarah

Islam
Staff member
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
oho aapni bangladesh theke naki? ..... sorry my bengali is poor, although I am not from bangladesh, I can speak quite well... :tongue: :biggrin:
bengali sweets are really famous world over. when it comes to food, I have everything whatever is HALAL .... lol

Bro seems like we have to start a bengali class here...samiha is the teacher...:hijabi:

zarah

Islam
Staff member
wa alaykum salam...

noo, but he can tell his wife what it means :D :D :D

Heeyy sis Zarah! Why'd they have to get abducted before you sent me some!! ;) :D

I just looked at the recipe... I'm from Bangladesh... but we make it a different way i think, my mother made it when i was small..... oh well, I'm sure it tastes just as good!!

Hey Bangladesh has some awesome Sweet Shops!! I'm sooo serious. I am in love with them. My uncles brought boxes of sweets and they got abducted too!!! how mysterious!!

I will send you one now hun...LOL