Ready to Commit

Kunjani

Hi,
I have considered turning to Islam for the past two decades. As a teenager when asked if I believed all the tenants of Catholic faith I said I honestly couldn't say I did and declined the offer to be confirmed. The nuns did not take it well. Thank goodness that my father had an opened mind. I continued to study different religions since then. My 13 year old daughter has searched herself and I encouraged her to attend different churches/places of worship and she came to the decision on her own to turn to Islam. We have decided today to go to the mosque and confess Shahadah together. How funny life is, that it is a child that can help open your eyes completely. We have a lot to learn and are grateful that there are so many out there like you to support our learning.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hello and welcome Kunjani, this is the most beautiful news i have heard this week, I was also really pleased with brother Brandon and his fiance.. MashaAllah when they too decided to become Muslim.

Alhamdulilah, that you have found Islam and I ask Allah to help you and guide us all to the straight way and make us all the people of Paradise. Its especially sweet as this is the blessed month of Ramadan. Its a really big blessing, Allahu Akbar, Allah is the Greatest.

Children are often freely make brave and right decisions that sometimes are difficult for adults. alhamdulilah, one example was Iman and her daughter, perhaps you saw it? Her daughter would always ask questions regarding the strange features of the Catholic faith, this was the beginning of their journey to Islam.

May Allah bless all the Muslims and make things easy for them.

If you have any questions feel free to ask here, we'll help you inshaAllah.

Fundamental Beliefs in Islam, Tawheed and Aqeedah

Take Care, look forward to hearing from you when you return, tell us all about it!!

wasalam

Abul Harith

Staff member
Masha'allah, Welcome Kunjani...:)

Hi Kunjani and welcome to TTI :)

Alhamdulilah that you have been guided to the light of Islam. Deep down you have been attracted to Islam over the years, as you asserted you have been searching for the truth as Catholocism seemed to leave too many unanswered questions.
An even greater blessing is that you have a daughter who is open minded and with a pure heart. She has chosen to follow the path that Islam has to offer because you gave her freedom to pursue the way she found to be true. Her choice to become Muslim has acted as a trigger for you to follow likewise. Masha'Allah :)
Welcome to this community where there are other new Muslims such as yourself, and born Muslims such as myself. We are a community here and we will support you and answer your questions. So feel free to write and participate.
Insha'allah you will also experience your first Ramadan as a Muslim with your daughter. Have a blessed and fruitful month of prayer and fasting. Insha'allah.

Hope to hear more from you on this board as I'm sure you have many experiences to share that you have gathered on your journey.

Mu2min

Assalamo Alaikoum
All Praise to Allah, you find the straight path you and your family.
May Allah help you incha'Allah.
Realy that a good news.
Wa Alaikoum Assalam

Nudge

Salaam Alaikum and Alhamdullilah!

This is quite wonderful news! I am a Muslim revert myself (8 months running!) and it is quite an exciting prospect to hear of more reverts.

My advice to you is to not wait. I was given this advice early on, and I thought it sounded as though somebody wanted me to rush before I knew everything to sort of bait and switch me. However, even though I am only 18, it was quite possible I could have died right then and there. Allah takes us when he wills, and we must make the decision the moment we know. If you are certain, do not wait. If you are unsure, talk more here.

Mash'allah and welcome!

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
::tears of joy streaming down my face:: This is INDEED a beautiful piece of news, and it has made my 2nd day of Ramadan even greater. Ah-hem, excuse me - Welcome to the TTI.com community my dear and respected Sister Kunjani!! InshaAllah you will find it a wonderful place of growth and peace, and the Brothers and Sisters tolerant and helpful. =)

:bananabb2in:

Alhamdulilah; All of the praise is due to our Lord! w00t, w00t! =) Bah Brother Mabsoot, you make me blush ;-p =) <3

Our children are indeed such a blessing. Their hearts haven't been tainted by years of worldly garbage, and the way they see different angles of different truths is AMAZING. It's funny, but I realized something all by myself just before I become a Muslim and shed the unwhole truth of my 15 years of Christian efforts/life that I would be honored to share with you: When we see our children, no matter where in the world you might be, skipping along or doing some other simple fun activity where joy reaches their lips, what do they sing?

La La La La La La La, lala lala lalaaaa, La Laaaaa Laa La .... Slow that down a notch and add an extra L and an extra A to each joyful pronouncement: Llaallaallaallaallaallaa, lla allaa aallaa aallah allah ALLAHU AKBAR!! It becomes very obvious if you reverse the order (or listen to it backwards) in which you say the L and A. Anyway =) it's just another simple observation, and like EVERY scientific observation EVER credibly discovered - All indications and signs point to our Lord, the Most High~!

Congratulations on your Islam, Sister. May I warn you right now that Satan (and yes, he's very real - especially in the hearts of some) will be there to Test you, as is his willful job and duty assigned by Allah. But do not be afraid. The Lord will be there with you, and your Sister and Brothers here are likely saying prayers for you right now and every other new revert so that the angels come down to spread their wings under your feet and around your heart to make this easier. It's just like the Messiah Jesus said when he was talking about the 'burden and yoke being easy' from our Lord.

I would be honored to hear more of your struggles through the Roman Catholic Christian Church and the internal Jihaad you went through. Did you know that our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) once said (words to the effect of) that the Greatest Jiihad (Holy War) You Will Ever Face Is The Jiihad Against Yourself. I have found this to be VERY true, from so many different angles. From within our own selves, from ourselves as a spiritfilled humanity and exactly how we go about struggling for the truth (with words or with wars?). =) Peace is the only way to spread peace, and war only begets more war, just as hate only begets more hate. Free yourself of all hate, for that is the open door Satan loves to manipulate.

Again, I offer you my most sincere welcome and warm congratulations on your turning to Islam - I see it as an especially brave and noble thing in this day and age when so much warped garbage has been thrown towards the Muslim community through the media and the puppets who control it. Peace be with you, and with your daughter. Welcome!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

hehe brother Ahmed you're funny. thanks for making me smile. I hope sis Kujani will return and let us know what happened.

wasalam.

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam2: sis
:allahuakbar:Alhamdulilah ,, ((((welcome sis n daughter))))
may Allah swt guide u all the way, :inshallah
:wasalam:

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaam Alaykum

:subhanallah: thats wonderful news. Allah (swt) has opened both of your hearts to the truth, he has guided you to the straight path alhamdulillah..

Very happy alhamdulillah...

:allahuakbar: :allahuakbar:

:salam2:

Kayote

How can I let others be the first.

Masha'Allah, this is such a beautiful news. Mum & daughter together embracing Islam. May Allah continue to guide you two & give you the strength to continue on the correct path.

Ahmad has said it & I would like to repeat. We would love to hear from you, what your thoughts were over the years etc & what made you realise.

You reverts may not realise it, but Masha'Allah you guys (& gals) are helping those of us who were born in muslim family realise how fortunate we are.

:jazaak:

west

Mashallah, always wonderful to hear when people revert to Islam. January will be four years for me. My best friend is also a revert. We partied together and then we both ended up embracing Islam.

Welcome to the international Islamic family.

Kunjani

Thank You All!

We both have felt embraced by the community into which we have entered and I don't think I have ever felt more at home. I live in the states but am an immigrant and have always felt a little out of place in the States - sitting in prayers on Sunday I felt right at home - there had to be people from at least every continent if not every country in the hall. Wonderful feeling! I attended beginning Islamic Studies classes on Sunday and my daughter joined the youth group. Everyone we have met has been wonderful. After prayers on Sunday evening we realized that we had a lot to learn and had to get moving and learn Arabic. We go to our first class tomorrow. Even thought I could understand very little during prayers I don't think I have ever felt more at ease and connected to Allah. My biggest Ramadan goal is to be able to recite the prayers and really know what I am saying. :inshallah:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
We both have felt embraced by the community into which we have entered and I don't think I have ever felt more at home. I live in the states but am an immigrant and have always felt a little out of place in the States - sitting in prayers on Sunday I felt right at home - there had to be people from at least every continent if not every country in the hall. Wonderful feeling! I attended beginning Islamic Studies classes on Sunday and my daughter joined the youth group. Everyone we have met has been wonderful. After prayers on Sunday evening we realized that we had a lot to learn and had to get moving and learn Arabic. We go to our first class tomorrow. Even thought I could understand very little during prayers I don't think I have ever felt more at ease and connected to Allah. My biggest Ramadan goal is to be able to recite the prayers and really know what I am saying. :inshallah:

Assalamu alaykum sister, mashaAllah! So so happy and proud for you and your daughter, may Allah bless you both....

we should have small online party here.. lol

23b.jpg

I am glad that the Muslims where you are have welcomed you, that is how it should always be.. and that is what Islam teaches us. We are one family afterall.

wasalam.

masihuddin

Welcome

:salam2: While welcoming you sister to the staight parh I would recommend the following two books to read both by western authors
1 Islam and The destiny of Man by Guy Eaton
2 Muhammad his life based on earlirst sources by Martin Lings
Insha-Allah you will learn a lot about your religion from these books

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2: While welcoming you sister to the staight parh I would recommend the following two books to read both by western authors

Assalamu alaykum,

I would recommend Muslims stay clear of any books written by orientalists. There are plenty of good books written by Muslim scholars that we should use..

Kayote

I personally would recommend the 'Muhammad - His life' by Martin Ling. Its wonderfully told.

AishaR

To you & your daghter sister. Inshallah you will find the site infomative

I have read the Martin Lings book & found it very informative

Kunjani

Thank you for your suggestions

Thank you for your suggestions on books to read. I have signed up for two classes at the masjid and have several fantastic sisters who teach them. The books we are using for the class are Muhammad by Yahiya Emerick - one of the Critical Lives series and the Complete Idiots Guide to Understand Islam which I am told by our teachers is surprisingly good. I have learned a lot not only from the teachers but from the discussion with the sisters I have met. :inshallah: everyone is as lucky as I have been and finds so many people who are willing to guide them.

samiha

---------
Staff member

Yahya Emerick is a good writer. He writes for children and adults, and he puts things into clear concise words. He's actually a teacher at an Islamic school. Anyway, it's good to hear of your revertion and may Allah bless you for your efforts to learn.