Regarding leaving islam !

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
Not everyone who has exams are teenagers, so lets not generalise. I have exams and I am a man, not a teen. Many of us take exams to further our careers, or to make hijrah and certainly we aren't all teens. :).

oh God! how!?
i have 2 or 3 years left of college and then about 6 or 7 years of university and thats it! i will never touch a text book or an exam paper again! lol

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Seeking knowledge is important, especially knowledge of Allaah, His Religion and His Messenger, sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam. We will be questioned about this in our graves. We should also strive and work hard in our fields of study outside of the scope of Islaam, but of course the deen is far more important. I'll close with the advise of `Abdullaah Ibn Mas`ood, may Allaah be pleased with him,
"Aspire to become a scholar, or a student of knowledge and do not aspire to become other than that."
[Kitaab ul-`Ilm of Imaam An-Nasaa'ee]​

samiha

---------
Staff member
Salam Alaikum

no offense sister but that's kind of rude to insinuate people here are going to post ignorant answers. Also you never seem to have time to write something just to look down at other peoples responses, why then are you a mod if you don't have time??

wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah

Since this was directed towards me I felt a need to reply to it, though I greatly thank brother Al-Kashmiri for his response, jazakallahu khayrn.

Insha'allah I'll get back to most of this via PM and perhaps if you have any other advise you would like to give me, it can be done in a proper manner there. However, just for clarifications sake, I would like to mention that my intention was not at all to insinuate that any User would post an ignorant answer. My post if you read clearly was not vindictive of anyone, rather a general warning/request. The fact of the matter is ukhti, that there are so many wrong things and opinions out there which do not base themselves on any fact which is in the Qur'aan or Sunnah, we agree on this yes? And that the aim of TTI is that we work together in Correcting misconceptions, but correcting in a manner which is in accordance to what is right and established. Most of us, including myself, may not know much on a matter, and when we dont know much on a matter, it's better to remain silent then to try to go out and answer every single question posed.

This was the method of the people of the past, they would recall their positions and even great scholars, if they were not sure or did not know put no hesitation in saying so. So this warning was not as a degration of any person, rather a precaution. Say if I had a artist and asked them questions pertaining to biological engineering... they would not know and would it not be better for me if they said so rather than haphazard an answer which might misguide me more? ... It was just an example...

Second, this is an old post, and yes it must have been in a hurry as I seem to quite be in these days. That I pose no explaination for, coz that's life :D I would LIKE the time to properly reply. There are many messages and such things I would, but I simply can not, I hereby apologize then for that. However, to my knowledge I have never looked down on anyone for any post that they have made, unless it was due to the content. Yet it is in judgemenation of thing and not of the person.

why then are you a mod if you don't have time??

I've asked that myself more times than I could ever count. I know... moderating is not an honor, its a responsibility, one which is perhaps hard to fathom. It's not something where you can just jump in and adapt to, it has a lot of requirements and sometimes I doubt I fulfil even half of them. If i were to go back perhaps I would not take it, as this position is such a trial. We must try to do things in accordance to the right, be fair and biase, be understanding, futhermore make sure what is incorrect does not prevail, being able to counter it appropriately, amongst many other things. Spammers might be the easiest part of the day. :D

I do not ever want to be accountable for doing injustice, and thus if I have offended any of you, please forgive me as i can testify any such thing would be un-intentional... If you feel me wrong in anything in future, please feel free to PM me, rather than place it on public forum, that way insha'allah i can work towards rectification without it becoming a cooperative affair.

I wanted to get back to you via PM, and the irony is that I cannot again do to lack of time. Sorry. :p INsha'allah if i have time later, and we can clear up anything else you wish...

:salam2:
ok, so your saying this site is moderated by teenagers who have exams????

I thing age should not be a deterring factor for one, and yeh, exams...every Monday and classes all week, no fun :SMILY23:

wasalam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
teen = 13-19.. I'm near 21, married and have a child coming very soon inshaa' Allaah, nothing teen-like there! I'll rephrase that then, I'm a young man!

Back on point now please...

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
teen = 13-19.. I'm near 21, married and have a child coming very soon inshaa' Allaah, nothing teen-like there! I'll rephrase that then, I'm a young man!

Back on point now please...

lol u live in da U.K... people have kids at my age and im 15, doesnt make them any less of teens...
lol ok i'll leave u alone now...
oh and congrats on da baby :)

God Bless
Sweet Insanity

ProudMusulman

Assalamu A'laikum,

I was having a discussion with a non-muslim and he forwarded me this message,.. can anyone plz shed some light on this one ?? I haven't read Hadith that much, but regarding leaving islam, i was under a totally different impression since Holy Qur'an (42:48) says entirely different... !

Also, if you find an answer in Holy Qur'an, then is it necessary to look for it in the Hadith as well.. i mean isn't the Holy Qur'an the main source. Regarding Hadiths, firstly, there are some fabricated Hadith and certain hadiths contradict each other... for example:

"I have left you the Qur'an and my sunnah"

also,

"Do not write down anything of me except the Qur'an. Whoever writes other than that should delete it" - Sahih Muslim

Someone plz clarify this.... :(

Wassalam

Muhammad(PBUH) said if my hadiths go against Quran then they are not my hadiths

zaphirelee

I'm
People say revert first and then figure it out but if a person figures out they made a mistake some people will decide he or she must die. It might not be religiously correct but there are too many people who talk like this here in Egypt and in Saudi Arabia. I don't know if anyone has been killed for it but it scares me that the idea seems to be acceptable to large groups of people.
The article by the scholar made me feel a bit better. As an outsider I find that there are a lot of people who claim to have the "facts' about the "true" Islam but then they go against one another. One web site says Hajib is a MUST and that women who don't wear it are going against God another web site says that it is a sunnah and that it is meant to protect women from harrassement in the marketplace. Christianity has many disagreements and debates as well so I"m not saying there is anything wrong with differing opinions in the same religion, but I don't want to revert and then find out that there are many more MUSTS than anyone mentioned.

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
Muhammad(PBUH) said if my hadiths go against Quran then they are not my hadiths

Can you provide the proof where that is said in exact words and source, please?:)

The Science of hadith is so deep and complicated that we should either study it thoroughly or listen to the respected scholars of ahadith, because even if a hadith SEEM to contradict in english translation that is not true in most of the cases.

108EEDMAH

i just wanted to say that its true that if you do convert out of islam you are suppose to be killed however islam is the fastest growing religion and the people that converet to islam know this

this tell this to your friend

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

We muslims know that Islam is the only true religion, And people from other religions dont agree with us, thats why most of our rulings, to them are considered brutal and barbaric. Because they know that by commiting and implementing of such rulings will stop them from fullfiling their filthy pleasures.

Sacred_Thought

Seems to me that the choice to leave religion is against the free will Allah gave us. Why should man take up the gavel when it is Allah's place?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
i just wanted to say that its true that if you do convert out of islam you are suppose to be killed however islam is the fastest growing religion and the people that converet to islam know this

this tell this to your friend

bro/sis i think it has been cleared by many answer apostasy dont always mean death there are certian reason for everything

Almeftah

Why would some consider turning his back on his creator.. Unless He's mislead by his desires and his love to the joys of this life!!

(Surat Al-Jathiya 45) Have you seen him who takes his own lust (vain desires) as his ilâh (god)? and Allâh knowing (him as such), left him astray, and sealed his hearing and his heart, and put a cover on his sight. Who then will guide him after Allâh? Will you not then remember? (23) And they say: "There is nothing but our life of this world, we die and we live and nothing destroys us except Ad-Dahr (time)[]. And they have no knowledge of it, they only conjecture. (24) And when Our Clear Verses are recited to them, their argument is no other than that they say: "Bring back our (dead) fathers, if you are truthful!" (25) Say (to them): "Allâh gives you life, then causes you to die, then He will assemble you on the Day of Resurrection about which there is no doubt. But most of mankind know not." (26) And to Allâh belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. And on the Day that the Hour will be established — on that Day the followers of falsehood (polytheists, disbelievers, worshippers of false deities) shall lose (everything). (27) And you will see each nation humbled to their knees (kneeling), each nation will be called to its Record (of deeds). This Day you shall be recompensed for what you used to do. (28)

(Surat Al-Araf 7) Whomsoever Allâh guides, he is the guided one, and whomsoever He sends astray, then those! they are the losers (178)

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

It is the most difficult thing for a person to change his/her beliefs or religion. But what if those beliefs were wrong?! What if those beliefs lead people to eternal suffering (In hell) instead of eternal joy (In Jannah).

(Surat Al-Imran 3) Allâh bears witness that Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), and the angels, and those having knowledge (also give this witness); (He always) maintains His creation in Justice. Lâ ilâh illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the All-Mighty, the All-Wise. (18) Truly, the religion with Allâh is Islâm. Those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allâh, then surely, Allâh is Swift in calling to account. (19) So if they dispute with you (Muhammad SAW) say: "I have submitted myself to Allâh (in Islâm), and (so have) those who follow me." And say to those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and to those who are illiterates (Arab pagans): "Do you (also) submit yourselves (to Allâh in Islâm)?" If they do, they are rightly guided; but if they turn away, your duty is only to convey the Message; and Allâh is All-Seer of (His ) slaves[] (20) Verily! Those who disbelieve in the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allâh and kill the Prophets without right, and kill those men who order just dealings, … then announce to them a painful torment. (21) They are those whose works will be lost in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers. (22) Have you not seen those who have been given a portion of the Scripture? They are being invited to the Book of Allâh to settle their dispute, then a party of them turn away, and they are averse. (23) This is because they say: "The Fire shall not touch us but for a number of days." And that which they used to invent regarding their religion has deceived them. (24) How (will it be) when We gather them together on the Day about which there is no doubt (i.e. the Day of Resurrection). And each person will be paid in full what he has earned? And they will not be dealt with unjustly. (25) Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O Allâh! Possessor of the kingdom, You give the kingdom to whom You will, and You take the kingdom from whom You will, and You endue with honour whom You will, and You humiliate whom You will. In Your Hand[] is the good. Verily, You are Able to do all things. (26)

NGL11

I don't understand

Many contemporary Islamic scholars say in regards to this issue of apostasy that no one should be forced to believe if it is not their wish and that they must only face punishment if they openly declare it in the open as well as enciting hate against the Ummah, however, i've seen here people as in Muslims saying that if one does leave Islam regardless of whether they have also been opposing the Ummah and enciting hate against it, to be killed. My conscience is telling me this is just wrong even if that punishment may prevent the person from going to hell, but the Qur'an also says 'let there be no compulsion in religion.' I am in support of the view that thos ewho decide to leave Islam sincerely and do not look for trouble should be left alone. ALthough as a Muslim their loss of faith troubles me for they are in danger of going to hell forever, the idea of that person being killed for following his own path seems to me to contradict the tolerant spirit of Islam and in a sense is even worse. Please enlighten me further with your knowledge.

Amir_of_spain

Asalam wailkium. Please read our previous post;s, i've already dealt with this topic in depth. In summary i will answer again. But before i do, note this, hadiths are dangerous if you do not take into account the context in which they were stated.

Ok, firstly if someone leaves Islam you do not just kill them, this is a wrong intepretation of the hadith, and to prove it the quran overides this belief i.e. the ayat which states there is no compulsion in religion. So if someone doesn't believe in Allah and his messenger and his book, then theres no point forcing them, because their heart is not in it, it would be fake. Also, we have been given free will to decide. So whats the real deal here... simply that the hadith are pointing to people who commited treason during times of wars and treaties. During the prophet's time certain individuals would jump in and our of Islam whenever it suited them, and this became dangerous at times of war, as it served to decieve the muslims and to misled them. Thus, to stop this happening once and for all, this statement was given by the prophet, so that the new muslim's would think twice before playing these mind games and also for those who were thinking of commiting treason and joining the opposing army for exchange of wealth and land. One might then say oh what about the ridda wars? Well this is what exactly happen in the ridda wars, arab tribes not only apostated but they also joined with other enemies to plot and invade medina to finish off the muslims. Thus Abu Bakr practically demonstrated and applied this hadiths in reality. To apostate is one thing, ok your choice to decide your religious path, but then to go join the enemy side in attacking the muslim ummah, that is where the hadith kick's in. I hope that clears this topic, there is no contradiction except your own ignorance which you bring to the table without fully researching the issue at hand.
Unfortunately if you don't know the circumstances of hadith you will read it literally and end up with the wrong practise.

Again i urge you people don't just read a hadith out of context.

arzafar

Islam is a way of life. state governs by islam.
when you leave islam, it's act of treason against the state. Treason = death anywhere in the world. however, in the rest of the world the state is secular and therefore treason is applied when you reject the constitution. In islamic state, treason is applied when you apostate from islam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBJmm-nfEow&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=538B5DFFDEC20A98

additionally only the state can punish for crimes.
i mean a father/family cant kill their son if he apostates. you cant take the law in your own hands.

BinImad

Lets not complicate things here… the Quran clearly states cutting off a thief’s hand yet the Khalifa Omar known for his toughness stopped that practice for that time period during his time as khalifa.. why? (poverty was a huge issue during that year)
We are 100% sure that all the Leading Companions are far more knowledgeable than any of us today… so what did he know that we don’t?...
With regards to killing someone whom leaves Islam is that the ONLY teaching of Islam on that Matter?! In the hudaibiya peace treaty the prophet Mohammed (puh) agreed that whomever shall leave Islam has the right and safety to do so and we (the Muslims) will not ask for him/her or threaten them in any manner, and those whom wish to enter Islam from the Non-believers side, the non-believers party has the right to prevent them from joining the Muslims party!

This proves that Mashallah Islamic Sharia is truly for all conditions and times. If Muslim are living in a time where they are the superpower then the Sharia law will differ than at times when we are weak or equally power balanced with other forces. Almost all armies and many countries have the death penalty for spies or traitors because these people know the Secret’s and vulnerabilities of the camp they were in and so they are a great threat to the lives of many, and rejecting Islam when the Umma is a great power one has no excuse. But what is the case when the Umma of Islam is weak… or equal… it has no control over media or propaganda and not even the means to properly respond to all the propaganda, so people can be misinformed and made to doubt their faith,… there will be no central credible Islamic authority to look to for guidance… the media wars are dangerous and terrible… and for many other reasons; and so in this condition Muslims do not feel betrayal by those poor confused converters we feel sad for them that they have gone astray and we need to follow the guidance of the Islamic condition that best reflects our current condition.. here the focus is on education and building not protecting.
So which Context are we living in now?! Do you think we control the media and sources of news and how they portray us? Do you think we can respond on a mass scale to any misinformation about Islam successfully? My brothers and sisters parts of Sharia are Context based. We have guidance for times of weakness and in times of strength. Let’s stop trying to apply what is fit for a supper power and focus on Allah and His Prophet Mohammed’s (puh) Guidance for our current situation. This is a very interesting and VITAL topic for the entire Umma to understand, especially scholars when prescribing fatwa. The scholars of today are inside which context box for references when contemplating issues.. ? may Allah give me the wisdom and guidance in my next publication to fully address this issue and many other important contemporary topics.
Abdulaziz Imad Alateeqi