reiki and yoga halal?

Ashima33

:salam2:
brother arzafar I think Reiki is a form of shirk because it are used symbols and objects while practising it.I know what reiki is because my parents took the master in reiki(my mum above all has a document that testify that she can practise reiki to other people.technically talking,is a chinese term that briefly means:universal energy,and it can be moved from the space to the master's hands........:SMILY153:
I grew up in a multifaces family,but reiki is ignorance by myself,because I think that only Allah subhana huwa ta'ala can give a good health to His creatures.It's Haram,by myself and it's a wasting of time:SMILY259:

I have never seen anyone use objects while doing reiki, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been incorporated. The only reiki I've seen done is with people and their hands, and sometimes they weren't even touching the person. But even if objects were used, I don't understand why this is wrong. I have not ever seen symbols used either. There could be different forms of practice.

So, if there are not symbols used... I don't understand why this would be considered shirk.

Sometimes I feel like people are afraid of things from something outside of our knowledge, or afraid of things we just don't understand. And instead of experiencing/observing/researching we cast things off as haram. Or we ask other people instead of looking into it for ourselves and using our own judgement. Allah gave us strong minds and hearts to think for ourselves.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
I just can explain what I colud see with my eyes...I was only 14 years old but not so stupid not to understand,even if my parents hid this "secret" practice.during Reiki it is used parfummed coloured candle,the master makes some movements with his hands to "evocate" this universal energy and cathalize it in his hands...then it is swiched on a meditation music to relax the body and then the master starts his practice on the one who is receiving Reiki.My mum told me that she can do Reiki to other people and they feel better........Now that I embraced Islam I firmly refuse this "trash".I'm so rude,sorry,but I was in that world with all my feet and I think that there is none able to grant a better health with his/her hands.In reiki there are three "exams"that the patient does.then he receive the skilness to transfer this energy to others..wow!what is this if not shirk?!it's just a turning on business,because first of all it is needed a meditation music and it costs money,the candles and incenses and the time needed o make official documents(it's like a dyplome)...and I must remark that I "hate"reiki,because it made me to remember all the Hinduist songs that i was obliged to remember and to sing...I don't believe that the hands of someone can give to others a sense of quietness,cause I search it by thinking to Allah and making lot o Dikr.
but if some of you has some doubts,here I am...I suppose,brother Arzafar that you don't need a Fatwa which demonstrates that Reiki and meditation is Halal or not:you can start by the fact tha you can make halal meditation by listenig to Quran,yes it's ok.
About Reiki,I answer with this question:if the sea is agitated,would you go in and swim,or do you prefere to stand out and watch it from far?the answer is that it's not necessary to have written words,to understand if something can be done or not.so why should we complicate our minds,when the solution is so easy?
Please don't take my words like an offense,I just wrote what I thought,everyone is free to decide of his life:ma:

kayleigh

There's a short article about whether or not the Hindu roots of yoga can be ignored in this weeks Newsweek.