TurnToIslam Reverted to Islam today.

Aceee

Salam everyone,

Today's my first day as a muslim, I took my Shahada this night. I'm still struggling with the basic things, such as praying, getting Halal food in my city & visiting a mosque, I'm pretty young, 18 years actually. But I've been studying Islam for a while now, and I'm not sure how the other muslims in the mosque would react to see a white muslim like me.

Anyways, I know Ramadan's coming up this month, could anyone tell me the basics about it ? About what I absolutely need to do ?

Thanks to everyone in advance,
Randy.

SonOfAdam

Staff member
Wa Aleykum Selam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barkatuh,

Congratulations brother on your reversion. We are always happy to hear this news and help out our new brothers and sisters in any way.

There are plenty of white reverts around so don't worry about being different. Most mosques in my area (California USA) are very mixed, whites, blacks, browns... no one cares about this. In Islam Muslims are all brothers and sisters.

It will take some time to learn prayers and some of the Arabic words you hear around often, so don't sweat it. In a short time you'll have a good grasp of all this inshallah. Make sure you are double checking everything you learn with more knowledgeable brothers, it is very easy to miss an important detail or make mistakes if you are just learning from books or online material.

As far as Ramadan all that is required is fasting from about 1 hour before sunrise (you can eat as long as there is no light in the sky) until sunset. You cannot eat or drink anything in this period unless you are sick. So just get up early in the morning eat something, wait for fajr and pray fajr. If you do this you will stay healthier during Ramadan. The first few days may be hard but you're body gets used to it after this.

sclavus

Salam everyone,

Today's my first day as a muslim, I took my Shahada this night. I'm still struggling with the basic things, such as praying, getting Halal food in my city & visiting a mosque, I'm pretty young, 18 years actually. But I've been studying Islam for a while now, and I'm not sure how the other muslims in the mosque would react to see a white muslim like me.

Anyways, I know Ramadan's coming up this month, could anyone tell me the basics about it ? About what I absolutely need to do ?

Randy.

Congratulations, Randy!

And good luck!

Peace and blessings!

Bm.amina

As-salaam 'Alaykum,

Alhamdulillaah, to find out about Ramadan you can refer to that lecture given by Imam Karim AbuZaid.

And Allah knows the best.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah

Welcome to the beautiful way of Islam. - I would advise you to take your time in learning the Deen, ask as many questions as possible. This is a good community to make friends in and learn from in sha Allah.

Depending which country you are from, I am sure there are many other reverts too. So, where are you from brother? :)

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
May Allah keep you strong and protect u from the devil plots. Amin! Please search tti for good and beneficial info on ramadan and all other aspects of Islam. This is one of the best sources to learn more about islam.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Welcome to TTI and what is more important, welcome to this wonderfull path called Islam.

:)

Aceee

Thanks everyone !

Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah

Welcome to the beautiful way of Islam. - I would advise you to take your time in learning the Deen, ask as many questions as possible. This is a good community to make friends in and learn from in sha Allah.

Depending which country you are from, I am sure there are many other reverts too. So, where are you from brother? :)

I'm from The Netherlands, I'm actually struggling on meeting fellow muslims in my area, there are no mosques either of my knowing, so I'll be sure to learn as much as I can on here ! :)

a_stranger

You are most welcome, brother , AlhamduliAllah for his guidance, you are a new hope for humanity........I pray that Allah make our faith sincere, firm.......till we meet him : our creator.

Sassymalak

Salam everyone,

Randy.
asailium ailikum wa rahmatu'allah Randy my new brother in Islam... ahamdulillah for your reverting back .. in Islam we are all brothers and sisters there is "no color" we are all the same .. Allah looks at our hearts and not our outward appearance ... Mash'allah I'm so happy for you. Do go up and tell a brother that you are new and I promise you will be received with sincere kindness and patient teachers to help you grow in your new journey as a Muslim ... Sincerely, asailium ailikum your sister in Islam Malak

zaman-gm

Wa alikum assalam wa rahmatullhi wa barakatuh.
Welcome_to_Islam.jpg

May Allah make everything easy for you. Keep going as a Good Muslim for your self and others.
We are all still learning. We will share our best. In Sha Allah.
Wassalam.

muhammad sabri

walaykum assalama wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu,

i agree with all that the brothers and sisters above said, if you need anything just ask, do a thread or contact us in private if we can help in sha Allah(if Allah wills) we will surely do so. Peace Brother

Eman Yousuf

walaykum salam

:)welcome to the fold of Islam, may Allah ease your path and make you steadfast.

If there is no one around you to help you , you have plenty of brothers and sisters here in TTI.
you can pray at home (if no mosque around u) read quran what ever through TTI members , we are here
to help you in our best ways. post your comments , make friends inshallah ,muslims are mirrors to each other.

fi amaanillah

wa salaam