Salaam - Hindu Revert from UK

lily_mawar

Assalamualaikum sister,

Welcome to TTI and to the ummah .... May Allah give you the strength/courage to inform your parents about your conversion ... I wish you could find your spouse here ... :)

revert2007

Love Fishing
assalamualikum
am an ex hindu female here.and i guess there are some over here n i hv seen some who are still searching for the truth.just come over msn to hv conference and we can talk about it.congrats for converting sister.alhamdulilah.

happyameerah

Asalamu Alaikum sis!

Asalamu Alaikum sis..

I'm Ameerah and I converted to Islam 4 years ago. I'm originally from Mauritius and my parents follow the hinduism faith + plus believe in Jesus (Dont ask me how).
They know that I'm muslim and yes sis, it is difficult to speak to your family about Islam as it is completely contrary to what they believe.

It's not an easy matter and make dua sis.. they are your parents and no matter how much they throw at you once you tell them.. Just be patient.. respect them and be kind.. and sometimes distance always helps to settle matters!

If you need anymore advice. Please feel free to drop me a message.

Ameerah :)

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Walekum Salam sis

Welcome to TTI.. Congrats of being a Muslimah.. MashAllah.. May u benefit from this site InshAllah .. May Allah make it easy for u in this world and the hereafter.. Ameen

Take care

sunnyhayat

Still trying to increas Imaan
congratulations

Congratulations to u.
i have also recently taken shahada but i am not able to tell family or any of friends. I have not contacted any muslim brothers about this. and i pray in secrecy.
I do not know when i will be able to come open. Hinduism is very difficult to shed. I would love to know how u did it so easily and hide it from parents for 7 years

zrk_2002

Congratulations to u.
i have also recently taken shahada but i am not able to tell family or any of friends. I have not contacted any muslim brothers about this. and i pray in secrecy.
I do not know when i will be able to come open. Hinduism is very difficult to shed. I would love to know how u did it so easily and hide it from parents for 7 years
Salaams,

I have still not drawn the courage to tell my family....

My email address is [email protected] - maybe you can email me on there and we can stay in touch.

When did you revert? How did you revert - there are many islamic societies that can help in the UK.

Wasalaam

sunnyhayat

revert

I reverted after reading about this beautiful religion from books and forums. I was encouraged to take shahada but i did it in complete secracy and not told to family or friends. I have not contacted the muslim brothers or associations in area and i fear a scandle if it comes out. So I practice in privacy and pray in privacy. It is such a nice feeling doing prayers 5 times a day.
How did u come to get reverted? Were u practicing Hindu religion before? Are you married or getting married to muslilm brother?
How could u avoid for 7 years telling to your family?
I am very much eager to know. It is very easy for girls to convert and marry a muslim. But for man of middle age with wife family and relatives very rough. I fear I may not be able to come out open ever. I wish to meet similar middleaged reverts from hindu to be able to share experiences and methods to come out.
:salah::salah::salah:

SisterAqilah

Alhamdulillah

Assalamualaikum sister Zaina

Alhamdulillah sister for your reversion, and yes, welcome back to the Muslim family ^_^ May ALLAH help you to convince your family, inshaALLAH.

Hugs ^_^

krackpot

slave warrior caged
Asslam u Alaikum Sister,

Welcome to the forum. Subhan Allah 7 years...and you could not tell your family yet. It would be hard...I can imagine. May Allah open the hearts of your family to Islam.

Welcome again,

Wassalam,

AMEEM... :SMILY206: ..... (too lazy to type :lol:

Sakeena

TELLING YOUR FAMILY YOU HAVE CONVERTED

Asalam alaikum my Beautiful Dear Sister,

mashallah!!! That's wonderful!! Your story is exciting!! Believe me it's not easy dealing with family problems. Though I came from a Christian family, I am a revert of nearly six years mashallah. I've been there lol. Perhaps I and the other revert sisters can be of some assistance to you inshallah.

My name is Sakeena!! :hearts: Welcome to TTI honey! *hugs* I love you for the sake of Allah always dear!! :SMILY259:

For some muslim converts telling their family of their decision is no problem at all. Some families of converts are very happy at the choice to become a muslim, and it is welcomed. Unfortunately though for other converts this is a difficult process, with various obstacles to face.

This page is designed to help new converts through this experience, or perhaps even 'old' converts who have kept their new religion hidden for some time. There is no magical answer as all families are different and will inevitably react in various ways. However, if we cannot provide exact answers, we can certainly go a long way to helping converts feel more comfortable in this situation, and by sharing with each other we will all grow stronger and more able to face problems inshaAllah.

Before we get into the possible family problems and the suggested solutions we should first emphasize that although some converts have some problems, there are many others who do not. This page is designed to help those who are met with obstacles, so may, unavoidably, come across as negative. So please remember that some families of converts are very happy that their relative has converted. Some reasons for the happy reactions are as follows:

they are happy that the relative concerned has found God.

they are happy that the relative concerned will be leading a moral life, especially in this day and age.

the family have seen the happiness that the relative concerned has found and this in turn makes them happy.

they are pleased that the relative concerned now has discipline and stability in their life.

families knowledgable about Islam, although they may not convert themselves, realise the truth about Islam (as opposed to the propaganda).

Please remember that the anticipation of telling your family about your new religion is often worse than the reality.

Sister, always remember what Allah swt has told us in the Qur'an:

Allah (swt) does not impose upon any soul a duty but to the extent of it's ability; for it is (the benefit of) what it has earned, and upon it (the evil of) what it has wrought: Our Lord! do not punish us if we forget or make a mistake; Our Lord! do not lay on us a burden as Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! do not impose upon us that which we have not the strength to bear; and pardon us and grant us protection and have mercy on us, Thou art our Patron, so help us against the unbelieving people.

Your family are religious, practising another faith. How will they react when they hear you have chosen a different path for yourself? Possible Solution.
http://www.convertstoislam.com/Coping/solution1.html#solution1

Your family are religious, practising another faith. How will they react when they hear you have chosen a different path for yourself? Possible Solution.
http://www.convertstoislam.com/Coping/solution2.html#solution2

Your family are not at all religious and cannot understand why you would want to become religious. Possible Solution.
http://www.convertstoislam.com/Coping/solution3.html#solution3

Your family have been taken in by the negative propaganda and as a result they perceive Islam to be violent. Reactions such as 'You are associating with terrorists'.
Possible Solution.
http://www.convertstoislam.com/Coping/solution4.html#solution4

Your family may have the wrong ideas about how Islam treats women.
Possible Solution.
http://www.convertstoislam.com/Coping/solution5.html#solution5

Your family think that religion causes war (of course it is people that do this!).
Possible Solution.

Your family suggest that you just take the best bits out of all the religions.
Possible Solution.
http://www.convertstoislam.com/Coping/solution6.html#solution6

Your family are concerned about 'what will other people think?' Possible Solution.

Your parents in particular may feel that they have 'lost' you, and that you are no longer the same child that they brought up. Perhaps they feel that you have betrayed them by selecting a different life for yourself. Possible Solution.
http://www.convertstoislam.com/Coping/solution7.html#solution7

Your family may think that you have become a Muslim because of someone else, and not because you really believe it. Possible Solution.

http://www.convertstoislam.com/Coping/solution8.html#solution8

For more information, please visit the this website inshallah. It's very helpful and beneficial:

http://www.convertstoislam.com/Coping/coping.html

Good luck Dear!!! :)

Your sister in Islam, :hijabi:

-Sakeena :hearts:

katieanneb

Salem Zaina,

There is a saying in English "Actions speak louder than words". I think with from my personal experience , that although your parents may be very shocked at first at your reversion (mainly because the 2 religions are so far apart, and due to the negative press Islam gets), if they see how you have improved as a person, how you care for them better and are living a good wholesome life, this will be better than simply lecturing about how their religion is wrong. People get defensive when you tell them they're wrong. Certainly in my case my mother has made comments on how Islam has improved me, and my parents now respect my choice, although they still say their religion (Christianity) is enough for them.

I can imagine now as a mother, how it must have felt for my parents when I suddenly turned round and said to them that everyting they had taught me was wrong, and I was now right. And that I had changed my name as well. It hurts when you bring someone up doing what you think is best for them, and they suddenly reject you and the way of life you lead.

So, I suggest you show them that you are a better person and then explain that your new religion has taught you how to be a better daughter, mother, sister, etc, and explain the joys that await us for believing in Allah alone (I mean Jennah, paradise). And just remember, it's our job to inform people about Islam, but only Allah guides their heart. I wish you well. In the early days when you let them know, things may be very difficult, but don't lose heart. Things will quieten down in time, if you trust in Allah and take things easy, insha Allah.
And finally, just be happy that Allah has saved you and pray for your family to "see the light" as they say. May Allah guide us all to His truth and pure religion. Please pray for my parents, too.
Wa salem.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I reverted after reading about this beautiful religion from books and forums. I was encouraged to take shahada but i did it in complete secracy and not told to family or friends. I have not contacted the muslim brothers or associations in area and i fear a scandle if it comes out. So I practice in privacy and pray in privacy. It is such a nice feeling doing prayers 5 times a day.
How did u come to get reverted? Were u practicing Hindu religion before? Are you married or getting married to muslilm brother?
How could u avoid for 7 years telling to your family?
I am very much eager to know. It is very easy for girls to convert and marry a muslim. But for man of middle age with wife family and relatives very rough. I fear I may not be able to come out open ever. I wish to meet similar middleaged reverts from hindu to be able to share experiences and methods to come out.
:salah::salah::salah:

:salam2:
Brother sunnyhayat, Assalam-o-alikum,

There is no doubt that for a middle aged Hindu person with children it is very very tough. Is it tougher than for a married Christian man with children? I would think it is. Why? Because the family relationship in a Desi (Indian-Pakistani) family is very strong and personal, it is much different than it is in west. Even though it may not be as strong, it still works in the same way, and it causes same kind of hurt. But reversion of a Hindu married woman with children and in India is would be much more harder than yours. Yet we see examples of that, even in India.
Read the story of sister Aminah Assilmi http://www.welcome-back.org/profile/aminah1.shtml How she was punished for here reversion but then in the end she succeeded.

In your case sunnyhayat you will be devastated if you have to lose your wife and children and your other family members, so your solution lies with your wife. She is the only person who can keep your secrets a secret, and with whom you can still discuss everything. You may have to be tactful in doing it. But make it your task to convince your wife that there is no salvation for her except in Islam.

Once you achieve that then you can come out in the open and take on the next challenges. But you will still have a base and a home from where you will face these challenges. And believe me many of these fears are not that bad in reality, specially because Allah (SWT) makes it easy on His slaves when His slave embarks on a journey on His path.
I don't know where you live, but if you live in west and if there is a Masjid around where you live then you can also get a support structure from that Muslim community. Not every Masjid are the same, if it is in a thriving Muslim community then you will find so many supporting and helpful people that you will forget all your problems.

Dangers if you continue to keep your reversion a secret:
1. Anybody can die any time. So if you die today then they will cremate your body in a Hindu ritual.
2. You will miss-out on all the great and blissful Muslim events like Ramadhan and Eid etc, and praying in congragation in a Masjid. You are missing out on so many rewards.
3. Allah may ask you on the Day of Judgement, why you feared humans so much and not feared Him?

To go from one room to the next room you first need to take a first step, similarly you have to take that first step otherwise you may still be sitting here many years from now.

So, please take the first step, communicate your feelings about Islam to your wife and give her books etc and specially give her Quran, and talk to her. I am sure she will see the light, and then she will be your best supporter.
:wasalam:

Zaii

LifeIsAStruggle____
SubhanAllah

:salam2: Sister

Alhamdulillah, We are all happy for you:blackhijab:. InshAllah everything will be fine, put your trust in Allah alone.

sunnyhayat

Brother sunnyhayat, Assalam-o-alikum,

There is no doubt that for a middle aged Hindu person with children it is very very tough. Is it tougher than for a married Christian man with children? I would think it is. Why? Because the family relationship in a Desi (Indian-Pakistani) family is very strong and personal, it is much different than it is in west. Even though it may not be as strong, it still works in the same way, and it causes same kind of hurt. But reversion of a Hindu married woman with children and in India is would be much more harder than yours. Yet we see examples of that, even in India.
Read the story of sister Aminah Assilmi http://www.welcome-back.org/profile/aminah1.shtml How she was punished for here reversion but then in the end she succeeded.

In your case sunnyhayat you will be devastated if you have to lose your wife and children and your other family members, so your solution lies with your wife. She is the only person who can keep your secrets a secret, and with whom you can still discuss everything. You may have to be tactful in doing it. But make it your task to convince your wife that there is no salvation for her except in Islam.

Once you achieve that then you can come out in the open and take on the next challenges. But you will still have a base and a home from where you will face these challenges. And believe me many of these fears are not that bad in reality, specially because Allah (SWT) makes it easy on His slaves when His slave embarks on a journey on His path.
I don't know where you live, but if you live in west and if there is a Masjid around where you live then you can also get a support structure from that Muslim community. Not every Masjid are the same, if it is in a thriving Muslim community then you will find so many supporting and helpful people that you will forget all your problems.

Dangers if you continue to keep your reversion a secret:
1. Anybody can die any time. So if you die today then they will cremate your body in a Hindu ritual.
2. You will miss-out on all the great and blissful Muslim events like Ramadhan and Eid etc, and praying in congragation in a Masjid. You are missing out on so many rewards.
3. Allah may ask you on the Day of Judgement, why you feared humans so much and not feared Him?

To go from one room to the next room you first need to take a first step, similarly you have to take that first step otherwise you may still be sitting here many years from now.

So, please take the first step, communicate your feelings about Islam to your wife and give her books etc and specially give her Quran, and talk to her. I am sure she will see the light, and then she will be your best supporter.
:wasalam:

I am very happy to tell u I have taken a small step towards the path u told me and surprisingly it has worked!