Salaam..new revert!

Zulekha

Salaams

You are an incredibly brave person. I can understand the pressure one feels from family. May Allah grant you the strength and courage to deal with your family in good time.

I was born Muslim and often i realise how much i take my faith for granted. It is people like you who make me appreciate the fact that i was taught how to perform salaat before i realised the significance thereof.

Since you have the strength of character and wisdom to have embraced Islam, I am sure Allah take your faith from strenght to strength.

Welcome.

And thank you for opening my eyes.

Salaams, your sister in Islam

Zulekha

Muslim-

Welcome italianmuslimah. I have family members that moved in Italy, near Milan, for some years now and they are very happy to be there. I am romanian so our history is related a bit.

Im going through the same situation as i have studied islam and accepted it and i can not tell my mother yet couse she would be so upset on me.
I recomend look over my post "How do i tell my mother" from the same section because muslims here gave me good advices and it helps a lot with keeping islam.

Wish you all the best

nice to see a muslim from Romania in this forum. Are there lots of Muslims in Romania? Romania has been a lot in the media in UK...because Romania and Bulgaria joined the EU on 1st Jan 2007

IslamicPearl

Well, i did some research and i found out there are bout 70.000 muslims in Romania. I don't know how many are new reverts but in our history we've been ruled (some parts of Romania) for a period of time by the otomans and invaded by tartar. So this had an influence in the locals' believes. We also have foreign muslims that study here ,have some business or just simply moved to our country. I don't know if they are counted in those 70.000.

Anyway, if you have any other question about Romania i am happy to answer you.
Btw can anyone tell me if there are romanian registered members here cause i only saw one till? Thankyou

Romania has been a lot in the media in UK...because Romania and Bulgaria joined the EU on 1st Jan 2007
Yes we been accepted in the EU but things wont change here by night. There are a lot of romanian ppl studying but specially working in Uk. Some nice and respectful, some not. Im courious which is Romania's image there? Honestly.

Muslim-

Well, i did some research and i found out there are bout 70.000 muslims in Romania. I don't know how many are new reverts but in our history we've been ruled (some parts of Romania) for a period of time by the otomans and invaded by tartar. So this had an influence in the locals' believes. We also have foreign muslims that study here ,have some business or just simply moved to our country. I don't know if they are counted in those 70.000.

Anyway, if you have any other question about Romania i am happy to answer you.
Btw can anyone tell me if there are romanian registered members here cause i only saw one till? Thankyou

Yes we been accepted in the EU but things wont change here by night. There are a lot of romanian ppl studying but specially working in Uk. Some nice and respectful, some not. Im courious which is Romania's image there? Honestly.

About Romania's image in the press in the UK, before joining the EU, most of the press..were worried that a lot of people would come from Romania and Bulgaria to England.

I think the image they try to portray is gypsies, criminal gangs, corruption, also on the TV they used to show people moving around horses as a form of transport.

That's the image I got from the media.

Do you think it's a good thing being part of EU? One thing it gives people, is if they want to study or work in another country, less hassle.

IslamicPearl

Yes we have gypsies, criminals, horses...but who doesnt? I mean they are in a small percentage..thats not representative for our country. And its easier now to travel but since u got to see those ppl in your country before entering eu it means it hasnt a barier for them. We're not the best country and im not trying to make some comercial thing from talking bout Romania but i dont want ppl to get our image wrong. Gypsies were nomads..traveling from place to place and they are everywhere so what can you do?
On the other hand Romania is in the same situation as Islam.....bad on media and good if you go deep inside of it. You get my point here...

Muslim-

Yes we have gypsies, criminals, horses...but who doesnt? I mean they are in a small percentage..thats not representative for our country. And its easier now to travel but since u got to see those ppl in your country before entering eu it means it hasnt a barier for them. We're not the best country and im not trying to make some comercial thing from talking bout Romania but i dont want ppl to get our image wrong. Gypsies were nomads..traveling from place to place and they are everywhere so what can you do?
On the other hand Romania is in the same situation as Islam.....bad on media and good if you go deep inside of it. You get my point here...

Yes ofcourse! The media is usually just full of hype. Every country has it's good and bad.

And i'm sure not all gypsies are bad! they probably are hard working people.

myself

here is a romanian sister:

"I've converted to Islam,and it is the best decision i've ever made.I've found all my existencial answers and never been so calm about life and never been so happy before.This is who i am,a muslim,and im most fond of it.Im proud and forever will be even though i live in a country with so many prejudices and im being mocked by my entire family aswell.Its upsetting to see whatever i do,i cant change people's point of view.slowly it becomes tiring but i shall not give up.Allah subhanu wa ta'ala has given me this gift,and i shall keep it for my entire life,alhamduliallah. "

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
s:salam2:

Buengiorno, come stai??

mi, va bene alhamdoulilah ,

umm, grr i forgot how to say welcome, never mind: WELCOME sister it's really nice to have you here.

take care

:hearts:

:wasalam:

Masbah Omar

Much has already been said by other brothers & sisters & I agree with all of them.
Patience is half of eeman.
We shall pray to Allah SWT for you & your family.
Do not hesitate to turn to us @ turntoislam.com whenever you need us.
Wassalam.

learnermuslim

Assalaam Alaikum Sister italianmuslimah,

Ciao/Ahlan/Welcome to Islam and TTI, inshAllah both will bring you peace, happiness and fulfillment. Prayers that your Iman grows dya by day and that Allah makes your move to be a true Muslim, easy and steadfast, Ameen.

As I am sure you have already seen and experienced, there are Alhamdolilah many revert Sisters and Brothers on this site who can share and guide you in your mashAllah brave steps back to the truth.

With reagrds to Italian Islamic resources, i thought I might forward this one:
http://www.istitutodatini.it/

its an educational one, they used to do a course on historic Islamic Economic links in Italy, which could lead to further Islamic Italian resources.

Anyway, take care Sister, remember us all in your prayers and keep posting on this forum so we can also inshAllah benefit from your knowledge, experience.

Fi amanAllah

sajjuaiah

:ma: :bismillah:

Happy and bit sad to hear about your difficulties.

Dont worry please look and imagine carefully for this "QURAN AYAH"

“And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a
him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever
puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish
purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things”[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

It is know a test started for you?

know work of SHAITAN is to create problems.

Hold tightly the rope of "ALLAH" and beg him to get you out of every difficulty. Inshallah you will find him right infront of you, with many solutions.

MAY ALLAH HELP YOU AND GUIDE YOU (AMEEN)

sajjuaiah

Assalamu alaikum to everyone!

I only recently came across this website..it's really great and i'm so happy to be able to introduce myself as a muslim and read other revert stories, it definately gives me a lot of comfort and encouragment to see how other people are dealing with some of the common difficulties faced by muslim reverts. In fact if it wasn't for the internet and websites such as these i really wouldn't know where to turn!

I took my Shahada 5 months ago now..alhamdulilah...the more i read and learn about Islam (even though it's still very little) the happier i become with my decision and reconfirm to myself that i believe it's the truth and the right path. Unforunately though i am struggling quite a bit and feel quite weak and alone at the moment...

the main difficulty is that i live with my mum right now and she is quite a strict catholic..i haven't told her yet and don't feel ready to at all...not only would she be so upset that i have rejected the faith she brought me up in but unfortunately she is also strongly anti-islam and holds lots of negative views about the religion. I already know she would say that i've been brainwashed and would get my whole family onto me and the local priest etc to try and change my mind. It's not that i’m a coward i know i will have to tell her eventually but i don't feel like i have enough knowledge yet to explain things to her properly and try to change her opinions. I would prefer to wait until i am practicing properly so that i can show her that i am happy with my choice and that i haven't joined some strange cult,lol..

the second thing is that i'm living in a small seaside town in Italy...i have never seen a muslim here and there is no mosque nearby either so i literally have no network of support and nowhere to meet muslims or get help to learn prayer etc (this is why i emphasised how great it is to have internet access and sites like this, thank you!)
I'm actually thinking of moving back to the UK as i grew up there and my dad lives there. It will be really hard for me as i'm very close to mum and my sister and niece live here as well, but i'm starting to realise that not having a muslim community nearby makes things so much harder and i'm scared of getting sidetracked and not being able to practice here...

these days i've been spending a lot of time on the internet and have been learning a lot from sites like these...i was working all summer and i didnt really have time for it but a couple of months ago i was involved in quite a bad accident..i was knocked off my scooter by a car and rushed to hospital with a bad head injury...i fell unconscious and woke up in a daze in the ambulance and all i could hear were sirens and the paramedics saying how much blood there was...i was so scared i actually thought i might die...i couldn't really think straight but i just kept saying please Allah forgive me, forgive me...i was so scared that if i died i would be in really bad sin for not saying my prayers or doing enough to learn more about Islam...

well Alhamdulilah i came out of it with no permanent injuries at all and while i was in hospital the doctors actually found a large cyst attached to my spleen (not caused by the accident) which needs to be removed as it could burst and i had no pain there so they said i might have never found out that it was there...
now i'm waiting to have the operation but as soon as i recover inshAllah i'm gonna try and move..even if its somewhere else in Italy where there's a mosque and muslim community...i think this will be the best thing to do

everyday i'm so much more conscious of death and how we never know when it's our time and i thank Allah everyday for the fact that i'm still here and although at the moment i'm probably the world's worst muslim lol as i still don't know my prayers but i know that i love Allah and Islam and i want to become a good muslim more than anything...

sorry this was so long..i hope noone falls asleep reading this, lol
please pray for me..i feel really scared about being led astray from Islam..i don't want that to happen!

i look forward to reading more stories on this website and i just want to say that reading the replies and advice to people just shows how caring, understanding and helpful muslims are to one another..just like brothers and sisters which is how it should be!
take care everybody

Allah Hafiz

:salam2:

Happy and bit sad to hear about your difficulties.

Dont worry please look and imagine carefully for this "QURAN AYAH"

“And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a
him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever
puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish
purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things”[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

It is know a test started for you?

know work of SHAITAN is to create problems.

Hold tightly the rope of "ALLAH" and beg him to get you out of every difficulty. Inshallah you will find him right infront of you, with many solutions.

MAY ALLAH HELP YOU AND GUIDE YOU (AMEEN)
:tti_sister:

Allahu_Hassbi

Assalamu alaikum to everyone!

I only recently came across this website..it's really great and i'm so happy to be able to introduce myself as a muslim and read other revert stories, it definately gives me a lot of comfort and encouragment to see how other people are dealing with some of the common difficulties faced by muslim reverts. In fact if it wasn't for the internet and websites such as these i really wouldn't know where to turn!

Wa'Alaikum Asalaam e benvenuto sorella a TTI!!!
:SMILY206: :SMILY139: :SMILY206: :SMILY139: :SMILY206: :SMILY139:
Truly Allah (Subanahu wata'Ala) guides to His light whomsoever He wills.My felicitations to you on your Submission to Allah(Subanahu wata'Ala)'s will.May Allah guide many like you to His light(Ameen).At this difficult moment i can only advise you to be patient as verily Allah is with the most patient.All my prayers with you sister.

Till the see you around ciao ciao:SMILY259:

bayareabilal

makakilo
thank God

We are here for you and I can see that your eman is high. Keep making efforts to increase your level of eman because enough is never enough. I know exactly what you are going through in terms of feeling like you need more knowledge in order to talk to your family about your decision to become muslim. Keep it up and yes yes yes try to perfect your salat. Make duaa for your family and inshallah Allah will open their hearts and they will follow your lead. Pray that you can forget what others have done and said to you and that you can forget what you have done and said to others, it will make it easier to talk to them about Islam. Finally, I was happy to hear that you are in constant remmeberance of the grave, since that will undoubtedly help to purify your heart and lead you in enjoining people to do good and forbidding them to do evil.
Peace be with you,
bayareabilal
:salah:

HIJAZ

REWARD

:salam2: :hijabi: :hijabi: :hijabi: :hijabi: :hijabi: :hijabi: :hijabi: :hijabi: dear italian sister,oncei read ur story my eye filled with tears .wept 4 a moment .suffer it sis.evrey thing will become good ,see, uno allah is most merciful oft -forgiving ,His affection to His servant will b more than 70 times, than a real mother love her son/daughter .may allah gives us long life with firm eemman,phycal ability. uno our Lord is Lord of poor ,those who r sufferings .once our prophet P.B.U.H migrated to Thaif .when,he faced ,alot of impediments to propagate allah's deen.it was native place of his uncles .but wat happend .they welcomed him with pelting calling the names .etc.b coz of throwing of stones ,blood shed from his leg .while he prayed ,to allah u r the Lord of those who r suffering ,so forgive this people ,b coz they r doing it out of their ignorance .so prey to allah.try to learn thigs one by one ,practise it wat u have learnt ,may allah gather all of us in the jennah ,ameen ,ur bro,in islam :wasalam: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: .see our holy prophet P.B.U.H. SAID i am leaving u two thigs ,u will never go astry as long as u follow them ,they r the Book of allah ,and my sunnah .:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

justoneofmillion

assalamu aleikum, ciao sorella toscana benvenuta spero che stai bene inschallah , non ci provar neanche a fare la timida guarda domanda qualsiasi cosa ok (sto scherzando) eh senti questa:
Nel mezzo del camin della mia vita
mi trovai in una selva oscura
che la retta via era smarrita.......e poi ho incontrato l`islam ah Toscana... (l`ultimo verso e mio haha)

wassalam:salah:
Sindbad

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

Welcome to TTI and most importantly welcome to ISLAM.

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

If u have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask we are all here to help one another and to learn from one another as well.

Take Care,