salafism

Status
Not open for further replies.

joldas

Banned
wagalikum assalam......

salafisim is some newly invented new religon "education" which seems based on true islam(they calling that they are following salafs, in reality they are not), you can consider that as some ideological approach to divide the islam into brnaches, after that let muslims to teach how to betray and how to make fitna, and develop a "abused" muslim groups, this ideology specially prepared by Westeran and USA government`s scholars through a few century years to overthrow and control muslim world in a case of thier thirst for Duniya, property.

in short word salafism abused group of muslim by western and usa government, but the salafis without knowing that.

sachin4islam

wagalikum assalam......

salafisim is some newly invented new religon "education" which seems based on true islam(they calling that they are following salafs, in reality they are not), you can consider that as some ideological approach to divide the islam into brnaches, after that let muslims to teach how to betray and how to make fitna, and develop a "abused" muslim groups, this ideology specially prepared by Westeran and USA government`s scholars through a few century years to overthrow and control muslim world in a case of thier thirst for Duniya, property.

Assalamu Alaikum:

Can you justify your post with some proofs?

Regards.

lovefordeen

wa'alaikum assalaam

thanks for your efforts in helping me...i would like to know what it is...
i read salafism like we don't do taqleed to any madhab...we have to follow Qur'an and sunna...but at the same time,in read somewhere that the four imams(ra) also said that if anything contradicts them,we have to follow Qur'an and sunna...am i right,if not please correct me...

iam confused...if the salafis say we have to follow only Qur'an and sunna,and not do taqleed to any imam,then is it right to always quote ibn tahmiyya or bin baaz...isnt it also 'taqleed'...

this is my doubt and i would like someone with sound knowledge to help me please...let me tell you that my knowledge is very less..

and please don't fight with each other in this thread..i already have a lot of sins on my shoulders...

asslaamu alaikum

Ershad

wa'alaikum assalaam

i read salafism like we don't do taqleed to any madhab...we have to follow Qur'an and sunna...but at the same time,in read somewhere that the four imams(ra) also said that if anything contradicts them,we have to follow Qur'an and sunna...am i right,if not please correct me...

iam confused...if the salafis say we have to follow only Qur'an and sunna,and not do taqleed to any imam,then is it right to always quote ibn tahmiyya or bin baaz...isnt it also 'taqleed'...

this is my doubt and i would like someone with sound knowledge to help me please...let me tell you that my knowledge is very less..

and please don't fight with each other in this thread..i already have a lot of sins on my shoulders...

asslaamu alaikum

:salam2:

Sister, "Taqleed" means blind following. Taking from scholars is not taqleed if they give us evidence from Qur'an and Sunnah. If any scholar deviates from Qur'an and Sunnah, we don't take from him. You should have noticed that Shaykh ibn baz always quotes from Qur'an and Sunnah to backup their fatwa. It is not taqleed. Taqleed is blind following.

wassalamu alaikkum

Ershad

wagalikum assalam......

"Salafi" is not a group, party, sect or organization with that name. Neither something called "salafism" exists. It is no "ism". If a person runs around saying "i am salafi" "i am salafi", his behaviour infact is contradicting his own statement. Salafis don't do that. Salafi is a term to define that we are upon Qur'an and sunnah and we follow the way of salafiyahh and that is what we exactly are supposed to do. If someone asks me "are you a salafi?", I ask them "what do you mean by salafi?, If you mean to ask that I follow the salafiyyah, yes I am a salafi then. But, if your definition of salafi is a "bigoted muslim", no i am not that. I am just a muslim and I follow the salaf.

I hope that makes sense.

lovefordeen

wa'alikum assalaam

i think you didn't understand my question...i'm not saying anything about bin baaz or ibn tahmiyya nor did i say that they are doing taqleed.....please don't misunderstand me...how can i say so with so little knowledge...

i was saying that i read in articles salafi articles people quoting these scholars,then whats the difference between a salafi or a madhabi...i'm confused...

jazakAllah khairan

Ershad

wa'alikum assalaam

i think you didn't understand my question...i'm not saying anything about bin baaz or ibn tahmiyya nor did i say that they are doing taqleed.....please don't misunderstand me...how can i say so with so little knowledge...

i was saying that i read in articles salafi articles people quoting these scholars,then whats the difference between a salafi or a madhabi...i'm confused...

jazakAllah khairan

Yes, salafi articles quote these scholars because these scholars have a reputation. These scholars follow the salafiyyah. So, they provide proofs from Qur'an and Sunnah for everything they say. So, it is fine to quote them, they are reliable sources. If you are in doubt, you can ask them for further proof from Qur'an and Sunnah. They will provide it for you. And these scholars are not madhabs. All these scholars do not belong to just one madhab. Following just one scholar and refusing others would be wrong. If we take from all the scholars who are upon the Qur'an and Sunnah, there is nothing wrong in that. Sister, I didn't blame you for anything. Don't panic.

And one word of Caution: Not all claiming to be salafi are salafi. I have found people who just to fulfill their desires, claim to be salafi, and say something untruthful and claim the scholars said so. So, it is very complicated. That is why i don't use the salafi term often and even if I read a salafi article, I verify if the scholars really said this.

joldas

Banned
wa'alaikum assalaam

asslaamu alaikum

you follow one of the four imam is enough for you according to your conditon... others will bring fitna etc.

Ershad

you follow one of the four imam is enough for you according to your conditon... others will bring fitna etc.

It is not permissible for one to keep sticking to one madhab. You can follow one madhab for matters of fiqh etc. But if you find anything that is not from Qur'an and Sunnah, then you take which is better. In fact, none of this four imams asked people to follow them alone. They were upon the sunnah. Infact, Abu Hanifa Rahimahullah said that when a Hadith is found to be authentic, that is my Madhab. Same applies to any scholar. Take from them if they are upon the Qur'an and Sunnah and if they provide you the proof. It is not fitna. It is what we are supposed to do. And knowledge is never "enough". We are obligated to strive to know more and act upon it.

Noor El-Huda

wagalikum assalam......

I don't know much about this topic to be honest, but I would say this is a pretty harsh statement, and we need to be careful before we come out with something as harsha this. For clarification purposes what do members think of this statement?

lovefordeen

I don't know much about this topic to be honest, but I would say this is a pretty harsh statement, and we need to be careful before we come out with something as harsha this. For clarification purposes what do members think of this statement?

assalaamu alaikum

yes,we need to be careful...
dear sister,since it's i who made the thread,i request you all not to please judge one another because of my thread...as maybe i'll also be responsible for fights and arguments...i wanted someone with sound knowledge on these things to help me with my doubts...i request you all not to go into fights,judging and arguments...let's clear doubts...

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum warahamatullah wabarakatuhu,

Sister, here are some videos which will give you more clarity in this matter.

[yt]UgsPXLk1AAY[/yt]

[yt]zxWHrVCyRDM[/yt]

[yt]J7xS4kI9QZQ[/yt]

[yt]7HGOcX-mUfc[/yt]

[yt]NiByKRWAKmA[/yt]

lovefordeen

Yes, salafi articles quote these scholars because these scholars have a reputation. These scholars follow the salafiyyah. So, they provide proofs from Qur'an and Sunnah for everything they say. So, it is fine to quote them, they are reliable sources. If you are in doubt, you can ask them for further proof from Qur'an and Sunnah. They will provide it for you. And these scholars are not madhabs. All these scholars do not belong to just one madhab. Following just one scholar and refusing others would be wrong. If we take from all the scholars who are upon the Qur'an and Sunnah, there is nothing wrong in that. Sister, I didn't blame you for anything. Don't panic.

And one word of Caution: Not all claiming to be salafi are salafi. I have found people who just to fulfill their desires, claim to be salafi, and say something untruthful and claim the scholars said so. So, it is very complicated. That is why i don't use the salafi term often and even if I read a salafi article, I verify if the scholars really said this.

assalaamu alaikum

and the four imams folowwed the Qur'an and sunna too right...so my doubt is why to suddenly give up what they say and follow what albanee,ibn baaz and ibn tahmiyya say....see i'm not saying anything regarding these scholars....my question is when we are not supposed to do taqleed and follow only Qur'an and sunna,then why should we follow albanee,ibn baaz and ibn tahmiyya...following them is just the same as following imam shafi,abu haneefa,imam malik and imam hanbal right...they were also backed by Qur'an and sunna right...and they belonged to the earlier generations than albanee or ibn tahmiyya ..am i correct..i'm not supporting any scholar over another,but why choose a particular set of scholars over other..that's my question..

i'm not saying anyone of the above is right or wrong..they are all scholars masha'Allah...but why s it that most people who claim to be salafis quote ibn tahmiyya,in baaz and albanee and forget the earlier imams...all of them were following the Qur'an and sunna right...

this is what is confusing me...

jazakAllah khairan everybody for helping me...

assalaamu alaikum

Ershad

assalaamu alaikum

and the four imams folowwed the Qur'an and sunna too right...so my doubt is why to suddenly give up what they say and follow what albanee,ibn baaz and ibn tahmiyya say....see i'm not saying anything regarding these scholars....my question is when we are not supposed to do taqleed and follow only Qur'an and sunna,then why should we follow albanee,ibn baaz and ibn tahmiyya...following them just the same as following imam shafi,abu haneefa,imam malik and imam hanbal right...they were also backed by Qur'an and sunna right...and they belonged to the earlier generations than albanee or ibn tahmiyya ..am i correct..i'm not supporting any scholar over another,but why choose a particular set of scholars over other..that's my question..

i'm not saying anyone of the above is right or wrong..they are all scholars masha'Allah...according to islam qa,it's possible to follow any madhab as long anything in it doesn't contradict Qur'an and sunna,but why s it that most people who claim to be salafis quote ibn tahmiyya,in baaz and albanee and foret the earlier imams...all of them were following the Qur'an and sunna right...

this is what is confusing me...

jazakAllah khairan everybody for helping me...

assalaamu alaikum

I get what you are saying. I suppose you understand that the scholars also agree with these four imams. And these scholars, also refer to these imams. Nobody follows these scholars, we listen to them. They give fatwas based on Qur'an and Sunnah. For example, say there is a new invention, good examples would be today's islamic nasheeds (with all sound modulation and stuff) which people think is halal. These were not existent in the times of these 4 Imams. Nasheeds of that time when it was sung to Prophet SAW were halal. But, the ones of today are rarely halal. People casually listen to them without knowing the difference. So these scholars, give their fatwaa after careful examination of it. We don't follow them, we listen to these scholars and when they give proofs from Qur'an and Sunnah, we agree with them.

Another example would be the various sects of today. Some of these were non-existent during the days of the imams. So, if u have to refute these sects based on Qur'an and Sunnah, scholars of today do it. Also, important to notice is imams like Abu Hanifa (Rahimaullah) didn't have access to many authentic hadeeths because of communication problems and gap. So, with whatever was available to him, he strive to do the best. But, now, more authentic hadeeths have been used to fix what was missing by other imams. Now, if someone need further clarification and understanding, the scholars of today do it for them.

For examples, take the contraceptives of today, these were not existent in early generations. If someone has to deem it haram or halal, it should be someone who has done ijtihaad and knowledgeable. These scholars do it.

Also, say for example, there is a requirement for Jihad, these scholars give fatwa whether the conditions are met or not and guide the rulers. This is why we need scholars.

lovefordeen

I get what you are saying. I suppose you understand that the scholars also agree with these four imams. And these scholars, also refer to these imams. Nobody follows these scholars, we listen to them. They give fatwas based on Qur'an and Sunnah. For example, say there is a new invention, good examples would be today's islamic nasheeds (with all sound modulation and stuff) which people think is halal. These were not existent in the times of these 4 Imams. Nasheeds of that time when it was sung to Prophet SAW were halal. But, the ones of today are rarely halal. People casually listen to them without knowing the difference. So these scholars, give their fatwaa after careful examination of it. We don't follow them, we listen to these scholars and when they give proofs from Qur'an and Sunnah, we agree with them.

Another example would be the various sects of today. Some of these were non-existent during the days of the imams. So, if u have to refute these sects based on Qur'an and Sunnah, scholars of today do it. Also, important to notice is imams like Abu Hanifa (Rahimaullah) didn't have access to many authentic hadeeths because of communication problems and gap. So, with whatever was available to him, he strive to do the best. But, now, more authentic hadeeths have been used to fix what was missing by other imams. Now, if someone need further clarification and understanding, the scholars of today do it for them.

For examples, take the contraceptives of today, these were not existent in early generations. If someone has to deem it haram or halal, it should be someone who has done ijtihaad and knowledgeable. These scholars do it.

Also, say for example, there is a requirement for Jihad, these scholars give fatwa whether the conditions are met or not and guide the rulers. This is why we need scholars.

assalaamu alaikum

yes,there are new inventions....i have not read much about these scholars....
if they back these four imams,then i suppose it must be safe for me to follow any one of these imams and if i find anything contradicting Qur'an and hadith,then follow Qur'an and sunna,am i right..people from my place follow the shafi madhab...

what i'm worried is that i fear a link between 'salafism' and politics...Allah knows best...

jzakAllah khairan

Ershad

assalaamu alaikum

yes,there are new inventions....i have not read much about these scholars....
if they back these four imams,then i suppose it must be safe for me to follow any one of these imams and if i find anything contradicting Qur'an and hadith,then follow Qur'an and sunna,am i right..people from my place follow the shafi madhab...

what i'm worried is that i fear a link between wahabism and politics...Allah knows best...

jzakAllah khairan

I hope you understood. Same is with scholars. If the scholars have different opinion on one matter, we get back to Qur'an and Sunnah. If there are questions that you don't have satisfied answers from your sources or you don't understand a hadith, we ask this scholars to elaborate. That's all. And regarding wahabism, that doesn't exist either. Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab (Rahimaullah) was a good scholar too and he was upon Qur'an and Sunnah. He questioned some of the practices of people living in his time which was not in accordance with the Qur'an and Sunnah. That's why people disliked him and called whoever strictly adhered to Qur'an and Sunnah as a Wahabi. These people had no proof to refute what the scholar was telling them. These terms don't mean anything. A similar term people use today is Madhakali. It is after Shaykh Rabee' Ibn Hadi Al Madkhali. He was upon Sunnah and Qur'an too. People didn't like him, so started calling names. Don't fall in trap to these accusations, sister. We don't call names on each other.

If there is any accusation, analyze it and try to find the truth behind it.

Wassalamu Alaikkum.

lovefordeen

assallamu alaikum

i said *word censored* instead of salafi not to name call..asthagfirulah...but to bring the point i wanted to clarify..about the movement being political in nature...

but thanks for reminding me as maybe,even though unintentionally,i may have not done the right thing...athagfirulah...

jazakAllah khairn for helping me all of you.many of my doubts ahve been cleared alhamdulilah..now in sha Allah,i should learn my deen more proplerly and in depth..

jazakAllah khairan

Ershad

assallamu alaikum

i said 'wahabism' instead of salafi not to name call..asthagfirulah...but to bring the point i wanted to clarify..about the movement being political in nature...

but thanks for reminding me as maybe,even though unintentionally,i may have not done the right thing...athagfirulah...

jazakAllah khairn for helping me all of you.many of my doubts ahve been cleared alhamdulilah..now in sha Allah,i should learn my deen more proplerly and in depth..

jazakAllah khairan

Wa iyyak, sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.