salafism

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovefordeen

:salam2:

'ism' is a double edged sword.
[Think salafism, wahhabism etc...]

Many so called salafist fanboys are madhab followers infact, and only in certain matters, they tend to lean towards Quran/sunnah.

wa'alaikum assalaam

we are not to speak like that about salafis...or any muslim...

lovefordeen

assalaam alaikum

things have been made clear by brother thariq alhamdulilah,now why is this thread still getting posts???

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Why..this is a big topic.

If you took the time to read my response..there is a conference right now with many scholars.

I can see by the confusion of many posts that we need to devote time to this subject.

You want this thread to be deleted or closed becasue your doubts have been cleared. But that does not mean that this is not an area of interest for many of the more serious brothers and sisters on the forum.

This subject is so serious the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is holding a conference on it.

lovefordeen

wa'alaikum assalaam

yes,my doubts have been cleared alhamdulilah...i had requested a moderator to close my thread,but it had been reopened by brother thariq to clear the misconceptions we have.alhamdulilah,it has been cleared...i believe he has cleared things well and the doubt of some others clearly masha'Allah

dear sister,if you are interested in discussing more despite things being cleared well;in sha Allah,you can always start a new thread...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I do. Have you looked at the number of posts I have..trust me I write and ask questions...

Now back to the topic:

Why is everyone so afraid to say Salafi

Ershad

Assalaam walaikum,

I do. Have you looked at the number of posts I have..trust me I write and ask questions...

Now back to the topic:

Why is everyone so afraid to say Salafi

Walaikkum Assalam wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Sister, some questions create more fitna than answers. Saying "Salafi" is something very insignificant. What is important is following the Salaf and the scholars who take from the Salafiyyah. It is important to take their fundamentals and principles. It is important to live like them in manners and perform deeds like them. If we really spend time for that, believe me, there won't be any time to discuss trivial matters like names. I think most of the people in this forum agree to that. So, as long as, people agree to that, it doesn't matter what they call themselves - Sunni, Salafi or just Muslim. We use names only to differentiate from people of innovation. And it is not much of an issue. The interesting thing about the Salafi manhaj is it is not restricted to any place or any group or any masjid. Every muslim who follows the salaffiyyah is a salafi- no matter what they call themselves. What is important for all muslims is to understand the fundamentals of Islam according to the Salaf. Even fiqh things can be put to later. Some people aren't even sure of the tawheed. I know, it might sound boring but truth is some people still believe Allah is everywhere.

Forgive me if I said anything wrong.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykum

The thread will now be closed.

Br. Strive... you have a lot of misconceptions about 'salafis'. I mentioned before that even the 'salafi' scholars (as you would like to call them) themselves mention that the layman does do taqleed and he does taqleed of whatever scholar he finds and trusts. What is not correct, is what the guys (in the website you posted) propogate: which is that every layman is OBLIGED to follow a madh-hab. This is far-off from the view of the vast majority of the scholars of the past and the scholars of Usool. The heretics from the ashaa`irah etc. are the ones who generally propogate this view and if they lack in the understanding of `Aqeedah then it is no surprise to lack in the understanding of `ilm Usool al-Fiqh.

Br. Strive if you want to talk about the problems of the 'Salafis' then please open a new thread and do it. Things can be discussed inshaa'Allaah

Thread closed
Wassalaamu `alaykum

Status
Not open for further replies.