salah, namaz.

nur-ilos

selam brothers and sisters
inshallah you can help me advice me in the right way i am having trouble with my salah i try so hard to learn and i get so mixed up im trying to it alone i know if i had help and advice it will get better i pray everyday to allah to make me a stronger and better muslim ive come so far i dont want to loose hold of my iman.. any suggestions please.......:tti_sister:

Monochrome

Salam alaikum. Allah knows that you are trying and He will be understanding while you learn. Be patient, keep working at it, and study hard. That is my advice for you. I hope all goes well. :)

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
don't worry it takes practice, we all learned what we know we weren't born with it. i hope these videos help. may Allah increase ur knowledge ameen:tti_sister:
[yt]DaKb2zX1QBs&feature[/yt]
[yt]6QulvzwryTc&feature[/yt]
[yt]Yh6plGYFM1A&feature[/yt]
[yt]wmxxZOWcBEQ&featur[/yt]
[yt]uVBrAL5AmQg&feature[/yt]
[yt]MXl0pvdi8fw&feature[/yt]
[yt]bz6j8tg0zkk&feature[/yt]

nur-ilos

selam sister zaynab
thankyou for the videos you sent for me most helpfull may allah bless you
i was wondering if i could ask advice from you again is the any where i can find basic written dua for salah i know all my movements ans some dua i really need to polish up on others i thought if i could here somebody saying them slowly then i can writ it down to may way of understanding but unfortunatly the person saying dua always seems to be reciting to fast, i want so much to learn and its making me feel so defeted and i never want to leave the path open for shaytan to make me stray i want to be so much stronger i pray always to allah for this please sister do you know of any advice you can give me

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
:salam2:

:jazaak: for the videos, I heard that the Prophet (SAW) use to pray in three different ways, is this true? Alham do lillah my grandfather teached me how to pray. I thought I might help you out

Fajr: Total of 4 rakat
2 sunnat
2 farz

Zuhr:Total of 12 rakat
4 sunnat
4 farz
2 sunnat
2 nafil

Asr: Total of 8 rakat
4 sunnat
4 farz

Maghrib:Total of 7 rakat
3 farz
2 sunnat
2 nafil

Isha:Total of 17 rakat
4 sunnat
4 farz
2 sunnat
2 nafil
3 witr-RECOMMENDED
2 nafil

:salam2:

nur-ilos

selam brother abdul thankyou for taking your time to write that out for me may allah bless you, im looking to also find the basic dua i need to perform salah this is my main problem understanding dua if any one can help id be really happy for any advice thankyou i will remember you all in my duas

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
selam brother abdul thankyou for taking your time to write that out for me may allah bless you, im looking to also find the basic dua i need to perform salah this is my main problem understanding dua if any one can help id be really happy for any advice thankyou i will remember you all in my duas

Step 1
Maka a sincere intention to perform the prayers purely for the sake of Allah. Say to yourself (in any language) that you intend to offer this Salat (Fajr, Zuhr, Asr, Maghrib or Isha), Fard, Sunnat or Witr, and the number of rakats (example- "I intend to offer two Rikat of Fard, Fajr prayer for Allah").

This posture is called qiyam and it is assumed after having made the intention to pray. Raising both hands up to the ears (palms facing the Qiblah) "Allah u Akbar" ("Allah is the greatest") is said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 2
Next this position is assumed by holding the left hand with the right hand on top and following prayers are recited:
Thana (or Sana)
"Subhanaka Allah humma wa bihamdika, wa tabaraka ismuka, wa ta'ala jadduka, wa la ilaha ghairuk"

"Praise and glory be to you O Allah. Blessed be Your Name, exalted be Your Majesty and Glory. There is no God but You"

Ta'awadh
"Audu bi Allah i mina ashaitan i errajeem"

"I seek Allah's shelter from Satan, the condemned"

Tasmiah

"Bismillah i rrahman i erraheem"

"In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful."

Al-Fatihah, and any short surah or a few verses from the Holy Quran.
"Al humdo lil-lahi rab-bil al ala-meen. Arrahman i rraheem. Maliki yaum i eddeen. Iyyaka nabudu wa iyyaka nasta een. Ihdinas sirata almustaqeem. Siratal lazhina anamta alaihim, ghairil maghdubi alaihim, wa la adhdhaal leen. (Aameen)"

"Praise be to Allah, The Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds; Most Gracious, Most Merciful; Master of the Day of Judgment. Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek. Show us the straight way, the way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, Those whose (portion) is not wrath, And who go not astray."

A short Sura or a few verses from the Holy Quran - examples are given in the last chapter of this guide.
Step 3
Saying "Allah u Akba"(the back & leg should be perpendicular to each other) this position is assumed as shown in the figure. This position is called ruku and the prayers as given are recited (three times).
"Subhana rabbiya al azeem"

"Glorified is my Lord, the Great"
Step 4
While going back to qiyam position the first prayer, as given below, is said. Then having taken this position the second prayer is said:
"Samia Allah u liman hamidah"

"Allah listens to him who praises Him"

"Rabbana wa laka al hamd"

"Our Lord, praise be for you only"
Step 5
This position is called sujood. Saying "Allah u Akbar" ("Allah is the greatest") one prostrates as shown and then the prayer below is said (three times).

"Subhana rubbiyal a'ala"
"Glory to Allah, the Exalted".
Step 6
Saying "Allah u Akbar" ("Allah is the greatest") and rising from the Sujood position, this posture called Juloos is assumed and the prayer below is said:
"'Rabbi eghfir lee wa rhamnee"

"O my Lord, forgive me and have Mercy on me"
Step 7
Saying "Allah u Akbar" ("Allah is the greatest") the sujood position is re-assumed and the prayer below is recited (three times).

"Subhana rubbiyal a'ala"
"Glory to Allah, the Exalted"

This completes one rakat.

Step 8
Saying "Allah u Akbar" ("Allah is the greatest") this position of qiyam is assumed once again to begin the second rakah, and the following prayers are recited:

Al-Fatihah, and
Any short surah or some verses of the Holy Quran.
Step 9
Saying "Allah u Akbar", this position is assumed as shown in the figure. This position is called ruku and the prayers as given are recited (three times).
"Subhana rabbiya al azeem"

"Glorified is my Lord, the Great"
Step 10
While going back to qiyam position the first prayer, as given below, is said. Then having taken this position prayer the second is said:
"Samia Allah u liman hamidah"

"Allah listens to him who praises Him"

"Rabbana wa laka al hamd"

"Our Lord, praise be for you only"
Step 11
This position is called sujood. Saying "Allah u Akbar" ("Allah is the greatest") one prostrates as shown and then the prayer below is said (three times).

"Subhana rubbiyal a'ala"

"Glorified is my Lord, the Exalted"
Step 12
Saying "Allah u Akbar" ("Allah is the greatest") and rising from the sujood position, this posture is assumed and the prayer below is said:
"Rabbi eghfir lee wa rhamnee"

"O my Lord, forgive me and have Mercy on me"
Step 13
Saying "Allah u Akbar" ("Allah is the greatest") the sujood position is re-assumed and the prayer below is said (three times).

"Subhana rubbiyal a'ala"

"Glory to Allah, the Exalted"
Step 14
In this posture these prayers are to be recited:

"Tashahud
"Attahiyat u lil Allah i wa assalawat u wa attaiyibat. Assalam u a'laika aiyoha annabiyyu wa rahmat u Allah i wa barakatuh. Assalam u a'laina wa a'la ebadi e llahi essaliheen.

(move your first finger up and down as shown while reciting the last part of Tashahud)

Ashehadu alla ilaha illa Allah u wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan abduhu wa rasooluh.
"All our oral, physical and monetary ways of worship are only for Allah. Peace, mercy and blessing of Allah be on you, O Prophet. May peace be upon us and on the devout slaves of Allah. I testify that there is no God but Allah and I testify that Muhammad is His slave and messenger".

"Salat Ala An-nabi"
"Allah umma salli a'la Muhammadin wa ala aali Muhummadin, kama sallaita ala Ibraheema, wa ala aali Ibraheem, innaka hameedun majeed. Allah u mma barik a'la Muhammadin wa ala aali Muhummadin, kama barakta ala Ibraheema, wa ala aali Ibraheem, innaka h ameedun majeed".

"O God send your Mercy on Muhammad and his posterity as you sent Your mercy on Abraham and his posterity. You are the Most Praised, The Most Glorious. O God, send your Blessings on Muhammad and his posterity as you have blessed Abraham and his posterity. You are the Most praised, The Most Glorious".

A short prayer
"Rubbana aatina fi uddunya hasanatun wa fi l aakherati hasah, waqina a'zabannar".
"Our Lord, grant us the good of this world and that of the Hereafter and save us from the torture of Hell.".
Step 15
Having said the above mentioned prayers, turning the face to the right. This following prayer is read:
"Assalam u a'laikum wa rahmatu Allah".

"Peace and mercy of Allah be on you".

Note: This Salam (Prayer for Peace) is directed to the angels and the muslims to our right and to the left
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 16
Then turning the face to the left, the prayer above is said again:
"Assalam u a'laikum wa rahmatu Allah".

"Peace and mercy of Allah be on you".

This completes two rakat.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
what to say before starting wudu: bismillah Ar-rahman Ar-rahim
meaning: in the name of Allah, the most-gracious, the most merciful.

do not talk while making wud' unless it is necessary instead, say Du'a (1)

After completing the wudu' say du'a 2

du'a 1 IS FOR WHILE MAKING WUDU':
"ALLAHOMMA: IGH-FIRLI THANBI, WAWAASSI'LI FI-DARI WA BARIK-LI FI-RIZQI."
MEANING: O ALLAH! FORGIVE MY SINS AND EXPAND(BLESS) MY HOME, AND BLESS WHAT YOU`VE PROVIDE ME WITH.

MEANING: HOW PERFECT MY LORD THE MOST HIGH.

THE TASHAHHUD:
ATTAHIYYATO LIL-LAHI, WAS SALAWATU WATTAYEBAT.
ASALAMU ALAIKA AYUHAN NABEYYU, WARAHMATUL-LAHI WABARAKATUH
ASALAMU ALAYNA, WA ALA IBADIL-LAHIS SALEHEEN.
ASHHADU AN LA-ILAHA ILLA LAH, WA ASHAHADU ANNA MUHAMMADAN ABDUHU WA RASULUH.

ALLAHUMMA SALLI ALA MUHAMMAD, WA ALA AALI MUHAMMAD KAMA SALLAYTA ALA IBRAHEEMA, WA ALA AALI IBRAHEEMA.
WA BARIK ALA MUHAMMAD WA ALA AALI MUHAMMAD KAMA BARAKTA ALA IBRAHEEMA WA ALA AALI INRAHEEMA FIL AALAMENA INAKA HAMEEDEUN MAJEED.

MEANING: AT-TAHIYATU( ALL WORDS OF GLORIFICATION) IS FOR ALLAH, AND ALL ACTS OF WORSHIP AND GOOD DEEDS ARE FOR HIM.

PEACE AND MERCY AND BLESSINGS OF ALLAH BE UPON YOU O PROPHET. PEACE BE UPON US AND ALL OF ALLAH'S RIGHTEUOUS SERVANTS.

I BEAR WITNESS THAT NONE- HAS THE RIGHT TO BE WORSHIPED EXCEPT ALLAH AND I BEAR WITNESS THAT MUHAMMAD IS HIS SERVANT AND MESSENGER.

O ALLAH, SEND PRAYERS UPON MUHAMMAD AND HIS FAMILY( AND FOLLOWERS) OF MUHAMMAD , JUST AS YOU SENT PRAYERS UOPN THE FAMILY( AND FOLLOWERS) OF IBRAHEEM.

AND SEND(O ALLAH) BLESSINGS UPON MUHAMMAD AND THE FAMILY(AND FOLLOWER) OF MUHAMMAD, JUST AS YOU SENT BELSSINGS UPON IBRAHEEM AND UPON THE FAMILY(AND FOLLOWERS) OF IBRAHEEM.
IN ALL THE WORDS, VERILY, YOU ARE FULL OF PRAISE AND MAJESTY.
EVERY TIME U SIT BETWEEN TWO RAK'AT SAY: RBIGH FIR LEE

WHAT TO SAY WHEN FINISH PRAYING:
I WILL POST IT SOON!!

SAY: astagh firu Allah 33 times
MEANING: oh Allah forgive me
SAY: Subhana Allah 33 times
MEANING: Glory be to Allah
SAY: Al-hamduli Allah
MEANING: praise be to Allah
if you say all these, each 33 times you got yourself 99 and make the one below a hundred
recite the following:

Transliteration:

Rab bij'alnee muqeemas salati wa min
zur-riy yatee rab-bana wata qab-bal du'a,
rab-ba nagh-firlee wali waliday-ya
wa lil mu-mineena yawma yaqumul hisab.

Translation:

Oh Lord, make me and my children keep up prayers,
Our Lord, accept our prayer,
Our Lord, forgive me and my parents
and all the Believers on the Day of Judgement.

alway ask question know that u r not bothering anyone, we love to answere it. and plz... keep me in ur duas, that Allah may make me a better girl to parents, siblings, and to everyone coz i love to be sooo kind like our beloved prophet Muhammed peace be upon him.

I THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE GOOD WEBSITE COZ U CAN LISTEN AZAN. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT.
http://www.islamicfinder.org/

nur-ilos

selam brothers and sisters i wanted to thankyou so much for taking the time to write all this out for me im overwhelmed ive actualy found genuine people willing to help normally no one ever takes thier time to help only to praise themselfs about there own salah once again thankyou may allah bless you all i will remember you all in my duas

EnergyRecru

Islamic Discussion > salah, namaz.

It is clear from the above verse of Noble Qur'an that the purpose of our birth and of our life is no other than that of the worship of Allah (SWT). There are many acts of worship (Ibadah, Ibadat) in Islam, and Salah is one of the most important obligatory acts.Salah (Salat, Namaz) is the ritual prayer practiced by Muslims in supplication to Allah (SWT). The term is commonly used to refer to the five daily prayers, which are compulsory upon all mature Muslims. Salah (Salat, Namaz) is considered the most important act of worship (Ibadah, Ibadat) in Islam and its importance is such that under very few circumstances it can be omitted.

daily jobs

This prayer guide is a step by step guide to learning to pray. This pray page also includes articles on common mistakes done whilst performing the pray so that brothers and sisters can beware of them. And common questions regarding prayer. The five time prayers become obligatory from the moment a person embraces Islam. This is an extremely important tenet of Islam and has been enjoined with great emphasis both in the Holy Quran and the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). According to one of his (peace be upon him) sayings, it is the borderline between a Muslim and a non-believer.

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Please sister read these verses:

(Al-Maarij 70)

Verily, man (disbeliever) was created very impatient; (19) Irritable (discontented) when evil touches him; (20) And niggardly when good touches him;- (21) Except those who are devoted to Salât (prayers)[]. (22) Those who remain constant in their Salât (prayers); (23) And those in whose wealth there is a recognised right, (24) For the beggar who asks, and for the unlucky who has lost his property and wealth, (and his means of living has been straitened); (25) And those who believe in the Day of Recompense, (26) And those who fear the torment of their Lord, (27) Verily, the torment of their Lord is that before which none can feel secure — (28) And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts from illegal sexual acts)[]. (29) Except with their wives and the (women slaves) whom their right hands possess — for (then) they are not blameworthy, (30) But whosoever seeks beyond that, then it is those who are trespassers.[] (31) And those who keep their trusts and covenants; (32) And those who stand firm in their testimonies; (33) And those who guard their Salât (prayers) well[] , (34) Such shall dwell in the Gardens (i.e. Paradise) honoured. (35)

(Al-Mumenoon 23)

Successful indeed are the believers. (1) Those who offer their Salât (prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness. (2) And those who turn away from Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk, falsehood, and all that Allâh has forbidden). (3) And those who pay the Zakât. (4) And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). (5) Except from their wives or (slaves) that their right hands possess, - for then, they are free from blame; (6) But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors; (7) Those who are faithfully true to their Amanât (all the duties which Allâh has ordained, honesty, moral responsibility and trusts)[] and to their covenants; (8) And those who strictly guard their (five compulsory congregational) Salawât (prayers) (at their fixed stated hours).[] (9) These are indeed the inheritors. (10) Who shall inherit the Firdaus (Paradise). They shall dwell therein forever. (11)

May Allah make us of those who shall dwell in paradise forever.

criminallawyer

What is Salah, namaz.
Salah is the name for the obligatory prayers which are performed five times a day, and are a direct link between the worshipper and God with no earthly intermediaries. A prayer takes a few minutes to perform.
What no Priests?
There is no hierarchical authority in Islam, and no priests, so the prayers are led by a learned person (Imam) who knows the Qur'an, chosen by the congregation. These five prayers contain verses from the Qur'an, and are said in Arabic, the language of the Revelation, but personal supplication can be offered in one's own language.
An Audience with God
Each prayer is practically an audience with God. Facing in the direction of the Kaaba (the first mosque ever, built by patriarch Abraham and his son Ismail for the worship of the One God, at the site which long later became the city of Makkah in Arabia), the prayer is opened by saying "Allah Akbar", ie. God is Greater (than all else), and practically you are turning your back to all the universe and are addressing God. One of the constant readings during prayer is the Opening Chapter of the Quran that reads "Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds. The Compassionate, the Merciful, Master of the Day of Judgment. You only do we worship and to You only we cry for help. Guide us to the straight path. The path of those on whom You have bestowed Your grace, those whose lot is not wrath, and who go not astray." (1:1-7) Bowing down and prostrating oneself (to God) interjecting "Glory to my Lord the Great", "Glory to my Lord the Highest", "Allah listens to those who thank Him" and what fills one's heart by way of supplication, the prayer is concluded in the sitting position by reiterating the affirmation of the faith, the Shahada, and seeking God's peace and blessings on Mohammad and Abraham and their people and followers.

When and where
Prayers are said at dawn, noon, mid-afternoon, sunset and nightfall, and thus determine the rhythm of the entire day. Although it is preferable to worship together in a mosque, a Muslim may pray almost anywhere, such as in fields, offices, factories and universities. Visitors to the Muslim world are struck by the centrality of prayers in daily life. Performing daily prayers is an act of communication between humans and God. The prayers are considered a duty for all Muslims,and on these occasions preparations in ritual purity are required.

Ritual prayer and worship
Ritual prayer (Salah) is a distinct entity from worship in its wider sense, that is communicating your feelings to God at any time in any place and asking for His guidance, help and forgiveness, an ingredient of life which is highly commendable whether in Islam or other religions. Salah takes a special form and content, where both body and soul are harmoniously involved.
In prayer, every muscle of the body joins the soul and the mind in the worship and glory of Allah. Prayer is an act of worship. It is a matchless and unprecedented formula of intellectual meditation and spiritual devotion, of moral elevation and physical exercise, all combined.

Congregational prayer and Mosques
Although salah can be performed alone, it is meritorious to perform it with another or with a group. The word mosque comes from the Arabic masjid, meaning "place of prostration." Although it is permissible to pray at home, at work, or even outdoors, it is recommended that Muslims perform salah in a mosque.
Who is it applicable to?
Offering of prayers is obligatory upon every Muslim male and female who is sane, mature and in the case of women free from menstruation and confinement due to child birth.

How is it performed?
Requirements of prayer: performing of ablution (Wudu), purity of the whole body, clothes and ground used for prayer, dressing properly and having the intention and facing the Qiblah (the direction of the Ka'bah at Mecca). Only around the Kaaba mosque in Makkah do Muslims stand in circles for their prayers (quite an impressive scene). All the world over they are in straight lines, leaving no gaps, and facing Makkah.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
selam brothers and sisters
inshallah you can help me advice me in the right way i am having trouble with my salah i try so hard to learn and i get so mixed up im trying to it alone i know if i had help and advice it will get better i pray everyday to allah to make me a stronger and better muslim ive come so far i dont want to loose hold of my iman.. any suggestions please.......:tti_sister:

sister ! have patience and , also sister! whenever shahiyatheen(devil) tries to remove or disturbs you i your prayer then (suzubillah-himminash-shaiythaan-irrajum) 3 times and spit it in your left

ayesha.ansari

that is great that you are trying to learn it,,, in our families, in the young age when we try to teach our children prayers,,, we keep him/her speaking loudly, for some time,, and we go for correction if there is any mistake,,,, as well,you will need to have some videos, and read it more and more,, you will learn it easily,,, INSHALLAH...