Saudi father pardons his son’s killer if he memorizes the whole Quran

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
By Al Arabiya

A Saudi father pardoned his son’s killer if he successfully memorized the Holy Quran, a local newspaper reported on Saturday.

Rabi’a al-Dousary, father of the slain young man named Abdullah, promised to pardon the convicted felon, Faisal al-Ameri, if he successfully memorized all of the Holy Quran before leaving prison, al-Yawm Saudi newspaper reported.

Ameri was sentenced to death for killing Dousary during a quarrel that erupted in their neighborhood.

The Higher Committee of Correction in the Eastern Province of the Kingdom has persuaded the father to forgive and pardon Ameri.

The father, who refused to receive any blood money, to teach the Ameri a far more valuable lesson, insisted on one condition: the killer to fully memorize the Quran before his acquittal from prison.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/10/14/243752.html

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

What good news to read. May Allah ease the learning process. This is the act of a Believer.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
TABUK — Marzooghah Al-Blewi of Tabuk refused an offer of property and millions of riyals to pardon the man who took her son’s life more than two years ago.

Instead, in a dramatic scene after the sentencing in court, the mother of the victim asked to see her son’s murderer after which she said that she forgave him without conditions. This was documented in the presence of the judge, and the grateful young man asked the woman to accept him as her son to serve her for the rest of her life.

The victim’s mother said that she could not forget the night when her 19-year-old son Suhail was murdered, while she was waiting for him to drive her to visit some relatives.

She accepted the matter as fate and test of her patience from God. She said the killer’s family had constantly contacted her offering property and money and seeking forgiveness to spare their son from execution.

She said she resides in Prince Sultan Charitable Housing with her three orphaned daughters, one of whom is completely paralyzed, and her 80-year-old father who is also partially paralyzed.

They live on her deceased husband’s pension of SR2,000 in addition to SR1,000 from social insurance. She forgave her son’s killer seeking God’s recompense.

The perpetrator’s father, Ayed Al-Blewi, spoke of the many attempts to have the distraught mother drop the charges by offering SR2 million and his property, but she refused many times, until that day in court.

He offered his sincere thanks to her and to the relatives of the deceased. — SG
http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentid=20121014139543

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

This, is real "awesomeness" Sobhan'Allaah! We still got Muslims on this planet. May Allah bless these people with highest of Jannah, and may Allah reunite them with their children there.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
I have tears in my eyes when I read news like a couple mentioned above.How Islam softens the heart and fills it with mercy and forgiveness.SubhanAllah....

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Mashallah. Proof that Islamic law do not jump into verdict and punishment right away. Islamic Sharia law may look very strict but we must realize it is not because the law like to punish people but to make people fear to commit crimes. I know some Muslims openly reject Islamic law apparently "not suitable" for modern era, harsh law etc... they also say negative things about KSA strict Sharia law enforcement.. I hope they will open their eyes now. Allahu'akhbar.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
MashaAllah.. Such a big HEART.. Alhamdulilah.. *Tears + Smiles*
May Allah(SWT) grant him jannah-ul-firdous.. Ameen..

Peace :)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:salam2:

Insya'allah!
in no time he'll master,
as they speak the holy Qur'an's language which is in Arabic
but
he did still waste a life and killing muslim/s is haram which mean;
he did still own Allah swt a life
he shouldn't think of taken it in the first place unless it an act of self-defend.
Only Allah swt Knows Best.

~May Allah swt forgive him~Amin!

Thank you for sharing,

~Wassalam.

strive-may-i

Excellent

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Often we hear these news. but is forgotten so quickly, for temporary convenience! She knows - hate or revenge is not answer, That her sons death (that emptiness) cannot be compensated by another death or money. That "mother is a humane soul". An example of HIGHEST order. May Allah forgive the sins of deceased brother, grant the family Jannah, and reform the perpetrator for a greater good ... Ameen

Forgetting, is one of the primary reasons to most wrong and evil.

This caught my attention -- a social welfare through social insurance? something to find out...
They live on her deceased husband’s pension of SR2,000 in addition to SR1,000 from social insurance. She forgave her son’s killer seeking God’s recompense.

Reached the saudi Gazette site after many years!
Found this - Kashmiri couple describes 70-year wait . A well deserved Pilgrimage by 90 year old couple, from one of most troubled yet beautiful place on earth.