science,Islam,and school

MutlekM

:salam2:
In my Biology class they are trying to teach us things that I know is not right logically or faithfully example:humans come from monkeys. So I ignore it and then my grade sucks. So should start paying attention or should I continue ignoring the wrong ideas.
Peace

MutlekM

:salam2:
JazakAllaah khair for your help inshAllaah may grade will rise in the future.
I am also interested in Ad and Ud can you give me a website or the surat in the Holy Quran telling about them and thanks again may Allaah reward you for your knowledge.
Peace:)

AnnaKanadeeyah

Bismillah.

as-Salaamu Alaikum -

Please do not perpetuate lies about the manipulated picture above. It's embarrassing and makes us look silly when we blindly lash out in ignorance. We have plenty of truth on our side and an obligation seek it out. Always question sources!

The image displayed above was taken from Worth1000, a site devoted to hosting contests in which entrants show off their skills at manipulating photographs using digital editing programs. This particular picture was an entry from one of the site's "Archaeological Anomalies" competitions, in which entrants vied to create the most realistic archaeological hoaxes: "Your job is to show a picture of an archaeological discovery that looks so real, had it not appeared at Worth1000, people might have done a double take."

The basis for this image was a real photograph of an excavation site near Hyde Park, New York, where scientists were working to uncover the skeleton of a mastodon. Someone then linked the altered version of the image used for the Worth1000 contest entry with a fictitious backstory based on the Islamic account of the Prophet Hud, creating the hoax quoted above — which spread especially far after being published as a seemingly real news article on the web site of The New Nation, described as "Bangladesh's Independent News Source."

A May 2007 blog entry entitled "Bhima's son Gadotkach like skeleton found" (and attributed to a 22 April 2004 Times of India article) repeated the hoax, with the locale switched from Saudi Arabia to northern India and additional skeleton photos included.

Source:http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/giantman.asp

About your class: as a Muslim student, you can consider this an opportunity to learn thoroughly about what evolution teaches so that you can defeat it when you know more about Islamic sciences. As your teacher instructs you or gives you homework, research what Islam teaches about the same subject. What a great way to prepare for dawah using this subject, alhamdulillah! If your teacher is open to a five minute conversation with you, offer another perspective sincerely and politely. Remember that there is a difference between what Christian fundamentalism teaches about creationism and what we know to be true. Be confident in the truth but do not waste this chance to understand another side that you can use to your benefit when calling people to Islam, in shaa Allah. Think of it as preparation!

And Allah knows best.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Bismillah.

as-Salaamu Alaikum -

Please do not perpetuate lies about the manipulated picture above. It's embarrassing and makes us look silly when we blindly lash out in ignorance. We have plenty of truth on our side and an obligation seek it out. Always question sources!

Source:http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/giantman.asp

About your class: as a Muslim student, you can consider this an opportunity to learn thoroughly about what evolution teaches so that you can defeat it when you know more about Islamic sciences. As your teacher instructs you or gives you homework, research what Islam teaches about the same subject. What a great way to prepare for dawah using this subject, alhamdulillah! If your teacher is open to a five minute conversation with you, offer another perspective sincerely and politely. Remember that there is a difference between what Christian fundamentalism teaches about creationism and what we know to be true. Be confident in the truth but do not waste this chance to understand another side that you can use to your benefit when calling people to Islam, in shaa Allah. Think of it as preparation!

And Allah knows best.

I agree, expanding knowledge is not wrong, if you can learn the false but also know the good, its easier to differentiate and you'll have the power over the false, its makes sesne :D

kayleigh

School requires that you know the subject, not that you believe in it, so not believing in evolution isn't an excuse to get poor grades.