Second Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasmin623

Assalamualaikum,

Allah swt ordered us to pray 5 times a day. We have to pray according to the way of the prophet in order to gain rewards. If we do pray 5 times a day but according to our own way which is an invalid one. The consequences is quite severe you know. Trying to do what Allah ordered but in a WRONG way could bring us to hell!

Similarly, Allah did give man right on polygamy but man have to do it according to the way of the prophet. The prophet doing it for the religion of Allah... Today, if muslim man wanna get a second wife, can, but firstly he must ask himself what is his reason? For the religion of Allah? If the answer is yes...yeah, he can go ahead. But how many of the polygamy practiser could give a positive answer???

I am sorry to say muslim man today abuse their right on polygamy. Most commonly, doing it for desire...That`s certainly a problem because according to Islam, a husband`s attention should ONLY be on his wife! If he is looking for another women for a second marridge, this is an evil job. The intension itself is an evil one. Do you think he will get rewards from Allah? I don`t think so even if he try his very best to treat the wives equally. And if he is really a good muslim man, he should understand he shouldn`t do this.

If a muslim man has a true understanding in Islam, he should be aware that it is very difficult to practise polygamy nowadays because the chance of doing it for Allah is really rare. Any other reasons is definitely NOT acceptable. Even if his wife can not bear children, it shouldn`t be the excuse. Bear in mind that except the prophet`s first wife, all of his other wives did not give him any children. But He never get a wife for this reason.

Talking about equal treatment to the wives, as stated by bro. abnabdullah87,

In a hadeeth about the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi-wasallam), Aisha [ may Allah be Pleased with her] stated,

''The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ‘alaihi-wasallam) used to divide his time between his wives and he was fair. He used to say. ‘ O Allah, that is my division with respect to what I have control over. Do not blame me for what You control and over which I have no control.`

This was recorded by Abu Dawud, al- Tirmidhi, al- Nasai, Ibn Majah. It is graded Sahih by ibn Hibban and al- Haakim. ]

If our holy prophet, with such a pure intension in practicing polygamy, will make such a prayer, do you think a muslim man should not fear Allah`s judgement on this matter? How Allah swt would judge we never know in this world...But when we know it, it is too late adready...Be aware...!!

So brothers, think twice when you wanna get a second wife...it is not a matter of you are financially or physically strong enough or not...It is a matter of hell and heaven...!!! You never know which one you are actually heading...:SMILY129:

khan_saddozai

salam
thnx ibnabdulla87 for ur response..at the end of the day i love islam so watever it says i'll follow it...but also the bottomline: ur intentions are vv important and matter to allah.
allah hafiz

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

Dear brothers and sisters, although we stated earlier that anyone in here is entitled to have his own opinion concerning different matters in Islam. We also warned of giving our own fatwas even after those of respected scholars of Islam are brought forth, what was the case some few times within this thread.

With one of the fatwas that brother IbnAbdullah brought forth I consider the time has come to close this thread.

May Allah (swt) reward all those who contributed.

Wassalaam.

Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen (rahimuhullah)

Marrying More than One is Desirable

Question:
Some men marry more than one woman out of pride or in order to compete with one another and due to a genuine need. Is such a thing permissible? And what is your advice to those men and women who object to plurality when there is a need for it?

Answer:
Marrying more than one wife is a desirable thing - on condition that the man has the financial means and the physical ability to act with justice between his wives. This is because through plurality of wives, good is acheived, such as protecting the private parts of the women who he marries (from illegal sexual intercourse) and broadening of unity between the people, and increasing the number of births, as indicated by the Prophet sallallaahu alahi wasallam:
'Marry loving, productive women.' (Abu Dawud 2050, An-Nasaai' 3229, Ibn Hibbaan 4028, & Ahmad 3/158-245)

It also contains many other benefits. As for a man marrying more than one wife out of pride and competitiveness, it is something which falls into the category of waste, which is not permitted. Allaah, the Most High says:

'Waste not by extravagance, certainly He (Allaah) likes not Al-Musrifun (those who waste by extravagance).' (Al-'Araaf 7:31)

Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen
Fatawa Islamiyah, Darussalam, volume 5, page 355-356

Status
Not open for further replies.