Question: Sharia law

Autumn-dreamer

Hi there, iv been studying Islam for a while now. In my studies I came across Sharia law.
my concern being a woman and the Shaira law seems to contradict the Quran

A woman must have 4 male witness to testify that she was raped or it becomes adultery and she can be stoned to death?

That unnerves me why because the quran says hold women in the highest of regards if that is so why is her word less then that of a man?

The main concerns I have are

1. Why must a woman have to have 4 male witness
2. why cant women go out in public alone, shouldn't men have decently not harm or harass a woman
3 They cant drive?
4 Need their husband's permission to work?
5 A person can be executed because the became apostate?

I guess im just confused by the fact that woman cant go out alone,drive, has to have witness, much less 4 to be able to claim rape or she can be killed , Growing up hear in America im having trouble grasping this near brutal what seem like oppression to me. Im sorry if sound judgemental im not trying to be . I need clear answers on this.

I believe in many of the same core beliefs. What iv learned so far has been a good influence on me.

Haimi

Assalamo aleykom.
In iran women can go out but not that much since its gonna affect their privacy and since women managing house.
Also they can drive especially when it comes to women and girls. Better if the driver is a women.
Yes women must obey their husband not like a slave but like a team working. An arrangement that comes from Quran.
And about raping issue. It has alot of things to say and sadly this is not the place to talk about. And its not simple if you think it is. It gets change depends on the new generation and modernism changes. An imam then a marja will expand this depends on the new life style. Since many of those rules have been in the past time that has a different culture and style. For example they didn't have satellite. What's the "Hokm" for it atm? A Marja must answer that also. An another issue: a cloth that has a legal unclean on it needs to be wash with water before you do Salah and pray with it. But what kind of water? What's about washing machine? All these question s has it's own answers and ofc alhamdullah i know them all.
Anyway Rules get changes depends on culture and technology and many other things.
God bless you, me and all of us enshallah.

Last edited:

a_stranger

Peace dear sister:

You said :
--A woman must have 4 male witness to testify that she was raped or it becomes adultery and she can be stoned to death?--

This is not true , 4 witness are required to prove that a person( male or female) committed adultery . This law has nothing to do with rape.

a_stranger

--. why cant women go out in public alone, shouldn't men have decently not harm or harass a woman--

She can go in public alone , we all( Muslim women) do.

She can drive.

Islam cares a lot about the security and happiness of family and children . The husband and wife should be in full agreement concerning the matters of their life. The duty of the husband is to sustain the family financially . The wife don't need to work , but she can .