SLEEPING TOO LATE -LIVER DAMAGE

hafeezanwar

SLEEPING TOO LATE -LIVER DAMAGE

Good rest and sound sleep is very Important... if u don't sleep well,

The toxic in your body will accumulate..Affecting your health and your mood....

The main causes of liver damage are:

1. Sleeping too late and waking up too late are the main cause.

2. Not urinating in the morning.

3. Too much eating.

4. Skipping breakfast.

5. Consuming too much medication.

6. Consuming too much preservatives, additives, food coloring, and artificial sweetener.

7. Consuming unhealthy cooking oil. As much as possible reduce cooking oil use when frying, which includes even the best cooking oils like olive oil. Do not consume fried foods when you are tired, except if the body is very fit..

8. Consuming overly done foods also add to the burden of liver. Veggies should be eaten raw or cooked 3-5 parts. Fried veggies should be finished in one sitting, do not store.

We just have to adopt a good daily lifestyle and eating habits.. Maintaining good eating habits and time condition are very important for our body to absorb and get rid of unnecessary chemicals according to 'schedule.'

Because: Evening at 9 - 11pm : is the time for eliminating unnecessary/ toxic chemicals (de-toxification) from the antibody system (lymph nodes). This time duration should be spent by relaxing or listening to music. If during this time a housewife is still in an unrelaxed state such as washing the dishes or monitoring children doing their homework, this will have a negative impact on her health.

Evening at 11pm - 1am : The de-toxification process in the liver, and ideally should be done in a deep sleep state. Early morning 1 - 3am : de-toxification process in the gall, also ideally done in a deep sleep state.

Early morning 3 - 5am : de-toxification in the lungs. Therefore there will sometimes be a severe cough for cough sufferers during this time. Since the de-toxification process had reached the respiratory tract, there is no need to take cough medicine so as not to interfere with toxin removal process.

Morning 5 - 7am : de-toxification in the colon, you should empty your bowel.

Morning 7 - 9am : Absorption of nutrients in the small intestine, you should be having breakfast at this time. Breakfast should be earlier, before 6:30am, for those who are sick. Breakfast before 7:30am is very beneficial to those wanting to stay fit. Those who always skip breakfast, they should change their habits, and it is still better to eat breakfast late until 9 -10am rather than no meal at all. Sleeping so late and waking up too late will disrupt the process of removing unnecessary chemicals. Aside from that, midnight to 4am is the time when the bone marrow produces blood.

Therefore, have a good sleep and don't sleep late.

Wishing Your Days Be Filled With
Happiness, Peace And Good Health...

fada_all

salam alikom

very nice thread brother mash allah , i didn't konw this before in fact it is more than interseting post ,may allah reward you aljannah insha allah taala

salam alikm

ur sis

islamisthesolution

:salam2:

mashAllah i didnt know that and at the same time i dont sleep very well these days just 3 hours today i guess alot of damage is on way i am talking seriously not kidding i guess if kept doing this i will lose my health early while i am still young .

jazaka Allahu khyran now i should follow these healthy instructions .

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

Allah describes sleep as a blessing from Him. He says in the Qur’an:

“And We made your sleep a rest for you.” [Surah al-Naba’: 9]

“And remember when He made slumber fall upon you as a reassurance from Him.” [Surah al-Anfal: 11]

“It is Allah who has made the night for you, that you may rest therein, and the days as that which helps you to see. Verily Allah is full of grace and bounty to humanity, yet most people give no thanks.” [Surah Ghafir: 61]

Sleep is not only described as a blessing bestowed upon the people, but also as a testament to Allah’s creative ability. Consider where Allah says:

“He it is who gathers up your souls at night and knows all that you do by day. Then He raises you up again, so that the term appointed for you (on Earth) may be accomplished. And afterward unto Him is your return. Then He will proclaim to you what you used to do.” [Surah al-An`am: 60]

“Allah takes the souls at the time of their death, as well as (the souls of) those who die not, during their sleep. Then He withholds those on whom He has passed the decree of death and sends the others back until an appointed term. Most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect.” [Surah al-Zumar: 42]

Yes, sleep is His creation, and it has its marvels. A sleeping person drifts away from his consciousness and reason, only to be fully restored to his rational faculties upon waking, refreshed and revitalized.

A sleeping person can see the strangest and most amazing things, things that a waking person could never possibly see. Our ability to dream is another of Allah’s blessings, and another sign of His greatness.

We can appreciate the importance of sleep if we consider that Allah guided His Messenger (peace be upon him) regarding the etiquettes of sleeping, like being in a state of purity and lying on his right side. (As for facing the qiblah, this is actually not established by the Sunnah.)

Likewise, a number of remembrances and supplications are prescribed for sleeping. The Prophet (peace be upon him) instructed `Ali b. Abi Talib and Fatimah to say “Subhan Allah” 33 times, “al-Hamdu Lillah” 33 times, and “Allah Akbar” 33 times. He informed them that doing so will remove their fatigue and revitalize them, and said: “It is better than having a servant.” [Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim]

Our generation is sometimes accused of being “the sleeping generation”. Most of us certainly do not need to sleep more than we already do. Nevertheless, we must respect our need to sleep by observing the etiquettes and approaches to sleep that will maximise the benefit that we get from it. This, in turn, helps us manage stress and makes our waking hours more productive.

It is a mistake to dismiss the importance of sleep. We all need it, and we all get our daily quota of sleep. Therefore, it is wrong that we make light of the subject of sleep and disdain reading or speaking about it, as if it were something superfluous.

In order to sleep better, we should first relax a bit. We need to unwind from the pressures, worries, and distresses of the day. We need to end the day on a note of forgiveness and with a few moments of tenderness with our families. We need to recite our remembrances of Allah and rid our hearts of all our animosities. We should not lay our heads down on our pillows with resentfulness in our hearts and angry thoughts in our minds. We should make our last thoughts of the day positive ones.

aaminah

thanks for the post. makes me realize that i really need to find another job soon insha'Allah. i've been working in a callcenter for 4years now, meaning my shift is graveyard -from 8pm to 5am! i wish to work in middle east insha'Allah wherein i could work daytime and sleep at night time... pls du'a for me.... jazakallah!

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

On another note................

Is there any evidence that sleep deprivation causes liver damage? Please provide. Maybe indirectly????

Sleep deprivation is associated with a variety of adverse consequences. These are often not fully appreciated by patients or clinicians, and they can potentially be life-threatening.

Sleep deprivation can result in significant changes in cognitive functioning. Sleepy patients often report difficulty with short term memory. Attention may be impaired, and patients may actually present themselves as suffering from attention deficit disorder. Sleep deprivation can result in an alteration of mental status, which resembles depression or anxiety. Patients may report poor mood, irritability, low energy, decreased libido, poor judgment, and other signs of psychologic dysfunction. These symptoms often disappear suddenly when normal sleep is restored.

Excessive sleepiness is the second leading cause of car accidents and a major cause of truck accidents in the United States. In addition, many major catastrophes, including the Three Mile Island and Chernobyl nuclear power plant accidents, the Exxon Valdez oil spill, and the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster have been attributed to the poor judgment of sleep-deprived workers. Sleepiness-related accidents cost billions of dollars each year.

Sleep-deprived patients frequently report that their quality of life suffers. They often cut back on activities they enjoy, claiming they just do not have the energy. Inappropriate drowsiness and unplanned naps may be a source of embarrassment and friction, both at home and at work. Patients who fall asleep at work, or whose productivity suffers due to sleepiness, may be reprimanded, denied advancement, or even fired. Falling asleep at home may cause resentment and marital discord.

Respiratory muscle endurance can also be affected by sleep deprivation.

The duration of sleep may be inversely associated with coronary artery calcification.

Sleep deprivation can adversely affect immune function.

Sleep restriction, when compared to sleep extension, was associated with a decrease in serum leptin (an anorexigenic hormone), an increase in serum ghrelin (an orexigenic hormone), and increased hunger and appetite (in particular for calorie-dense foods with high carbohydrate content).

Robab

daughter of Adam
jazakallah

jazakallah for sharing.wonderful information for those people who sleep late night.MAY allah bless u.

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Sleeping too much does not cause liver damage, there is absolutely not scientific proof of this. If this fact were true then every single teenager out there would be in deep trouble. Please provide a link to your "facts" as I seriously doubt it was published in an accredited medical journal.

Wasalaam

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Salaam,

Sleeping too much does not cause liver damage, there is absolutely not scientific proof of this. If this fact were true then every single teenager out there would be in deep trouble. Please provide a link to your "facts" as I seriously doubt it was published in an accredited medical journal.

Wasalaam

May be Sister Sarah should be made Moderator for medical posts...Just a thought...

:wasalam:

JenGiove

Salaam,

Wasalaam

I had the same thoughts sister. I find it annoying when people post medical "facts" that have a half ring of truth without posting their sources. This is how inaccurate knowledge is passed from one to another until it becomes "fact" and no amount of reasoning can refute it.

ayesha.ansari

that's great info, as i was was the same ,, sleeping at round about 2am,, and was thn sleeping till late time,,, i knew its not good, but still i was diong that,, but Alhamdulillah i sleep now at time, and get up early ...

ISLAM is perfect deen, whatever it says,,do have logic according to science...

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
I usually stay late night and study... and I am active in the nights

Now Alhamdulillah what Islam and the science is telling about this practice..

Let me change my self Insha Allah

Jazakalahu Khiar for posting this over here.. it reallly helped me :)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
thank you brother for the advices.indeed what you wrote is true,in many hadith it is told not too eat too much.it may be a casuality,but my mum has a desease to he liver and she must be operated to the organ which produces the "green substance"because maybe she used to eat too much fried food,even if she has a good shape,but her liver doesn't work goodly.
another case in that one year ago the Imam who healed me with Quran,had a problem to the liver but he didn't know it.In a moment of my sickness(spiritic possession)I told him that he had a serious problem in his body and he should have stopped to eat too much.I saw him this year and Mashallh,he is in very good health.:blackhijab:

JenGiove

but my mum has a desease to he liver and she must be operated to the organ which produces the "green substance"because maybe she used to eat too much fried food

Sister, I'm sorry about your mother and may she be better soon. Do you mean the Gallbladder?

As an aside, the human liver is the only organ with the capacity to regenerate (grow back).

wikipedia said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver#Diseases_of_the_liver
The liver is the only internal human organ capable of natural regeneration of lost tissue; as little as 25% of a liver can regenerate into a whole liver.
This is predominantly due to the hepatocytes re-entering the cell cycle. That is, the hepatocytes go from the quiescent G0 phase to the G1 phase and undergo mitosis. This process is activated by the p75 receptors.[12] There is also some evidence of bipotential stem cells, called ovalocytes or hepatic oval cells, which are thought to reside in the canals of Hering. These cells can differentiate into either hepatocytes or cholangiocytes, the latter being the cells that line the bile ducts.
Scientific and medical works about liver regeneration often refer to the Greek Titan Prometheus who was chained to a rock in the Caucasus where, each day, his liver was devoured by an eagle, only to grow back each night. Some think the myth indicates the ancient Greeks knew about the liver’s remarkable capacity for self-repair, though this claim has been challenged.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver#cite_note-12