so many people in this forum

TipuSultan

Banned
ALLAH o AKbar.. tell me some about that place. I remember i was so obssesed abt that place a few years back .

TEll me about the ppl there..how are they? do they sstill remember him ? Is there any madarsah named Madarsah-e-Aala, which was buuilt by him??

I read city was moved but if u r saying, then its ok..

Is that wall of that old city still remaining?

U can ssee from such questions that I want to know all about the area and the life there. :)
Also tell me where exactly do u live?
:salam2:

1.every child in srirangpatna knows about Hazrath Tipu sultan brother. his bravery and valour is so popular not only in srirangapatnam but the whole of karnataka and southern India.

2.Masjid-E-Ala was a mosque built by Tipu and he himself did the first imamth there.he used to pray there and as well as in other mosques.about the madrasa yes I think there is also a madrasa in that mosque.

3.I personally feel that srirangapatna is a small village/town and with the growth of population has expanded but remains more or less undeveloped.

4.I will Inshallah very soon try to go there again and try to get more information for you.I live quiet far from Srirangapatna but have been planning to visit it for some time now.

:)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

:) Jazak Allah khair

but sister I don't know what you said? what does it mean.I never hear muslims say that is it something like you are welcome?

in other words it's like "you too".

like -----may ALLAH bless you.

------wa iyyaki(you too)

"wa" is for "and" but to make it simple i'll say it's like "you too":)

a good replacement for the word welcome in form of a blessing is BARAKALLAH fik or fikum or fiki:)....

like you say jazakallah khairan OR jazakallah khairan kaseera(also pronounced as Katheera,which is something like MUCH,like when you say thankyou very much so kaseera or katheera is the very much part:)) then i will say barakallah fik!

kind of confusing how i explained it but hope you get some of it inshallah.

TipuSultan

Banned
in other words it's like "you too".

like -----may ALLAH bless you.

------wa iyyaki(you too)

"wa" is for "and" but to make it simple i'll say it's like "you too":)

a good replacement for the word welcome in form of a blessing is BARAKALLAH fik or fikum or fiki:)....

like you say jazakallah khairan OR jazakallah khairan kaseera(also pronounced as Katheera,which is something like MUCH,like when you say thankyou very much so kaseera or katheera is the very much part:)) then i will say barakallah fik!

kind of confusing how i explained it but hope you get some of it inshallah.

jazak Allah khair

abou elkacem

I am pleased to be a member in this great forum , nice to meet you all brothers and sisters and may allah show us the straight path .

Gernada1492

A Muslim
thannks for such info brother. has there any old remains of Sultan Tipu there? I dont think there will be but may be residents of mysore know it?

I went to british musesum 2 days ago but could not find anything related to Tipu Sultan there. I have heard its in New Castle Museum. the lion of Tipu. I will go there inshALLAH and take the pics.

Yes, please confirm if thats the Madarshah-e-Ala or not? Do take many pictures..

His sons went to britian after he got martyred and they were given royal reception there and they studied there, with all funding been given from govt. THeir generations lived here and must be still here as well. May be, one day I could meet them.

There was a lady named Noor Inayat Khan. She was among the descendants of Tipu Sultan. She fought with Britian in ww2 and was captured by Germans and got killed. Do google about her and read it. She was indeed brave to work in germany as a spy during WW2.

The generation of Lion is indeed a lion.

right now while writting these lines, all seems gloomy. london is built upon the blood of muslim men and women. those tubes, over ground trains, solid infrastructure etc has our blood in it, our money in it, our dignity in it, OUR RESPECT IN IT

:salam
2:

1.every child in srirangpatna knows about Hazrath Tipu sultan brother. his bravery and valour is so popular not only in srirangapatnam but the whole of karnataka and southern India.

2.Masjid-E-Ala was a mosque built by Tipu and he himself did the first imamth there.he used to pray there and as well as in other mosques.about the madrasa yes I think there is also a madrasa in that mosque.

3.I personally feel that srirangapatna is a small village/town and with the growth of population has expanded but remains more or less undeveloped.

4.I will Inshallah very soon try to go there again and try to get more information for you.I live quiet far from Srirangapatna but have been planning to visit it for some time now.

:)

TipuSultan

Banned
brother google about daria daulat bagh it was the summer palace of Tipu Sultan and now it is converted into a museum.i have been there but Inshallah when go again.

as far as I know it is the same madrasa Ala which now runs in the mosque.

his sons were taken captive after the third mysore war as far as I am aware and their condition now is very bad, many of them riksha pillars.May Allah help them and all muslims.

and indeed he was a Tiger akhi. Tiger was his emblem

and we r much to blame ourself.the disunity among us and lack of faith has led to our Fall.even in this forum many brothers are interested about aqeedah and schools of thought

Gernada1492

A Muslim
Yes, I have heared about Dariya daulat bagh and lal bagh.

He had many sons and 2 of them i think went to britian. can you tell me any link which shows teh current condition of a few of hsi sons you have mentioned? I want to know..

And yeah, its all our stupidity which caused the fall of india and british got on ourselves. Those traitors are sstill among us and now we know them openly. I remember, a univ. in australia created a list of the names who fought in that wear in 1799, and wrote wat happened with him, against his name. The traitors were written as traitors even then and martyred are still martyred

brother google about daria daulat bagh it was the

summer palace of Tipu Sultan and now it is converted into a museum.i have been there but Inshallah when go again.

as far as I know it is the same madrasa Ala which now runs in the mosque.

his sons were taken captive after the third mysore war as far as I am aware and their condition now is very bad, many of them riksha pillars.May Allah help them and all muslims.

and indeed he was a Tiger akhi. Tiger was his emblem

and we r much to blame ourself.the disunity among us and lack of faith has led to our Fall.even in this forum many brothers are interested about aqeedah and schools of thought

TipuSultan

Banned
the nizam who was a muslim sided with the british and fought against Tipu Sultan-what a traitor

akhi an article in a local newspaper

akhi if you want I will create a special thread for Tipu Sultan and post many articles and information about him?

http://tipusultan.net/even14.htm

From princes to paupers

Prasanta Paul is shocked by the plight of the great grand descendants of Tipu Sultan, who are lugging rickshaws in the mean streats of Calcutta.

Anwar 38, is just another faceless rickshaw-puller, among the thousand others lugging their three or two-wheeled vehicles in Calcutta and its neighbourhood.

Yet the thin, lanky Anwar is not really a nobody; he is one of the sixth generation descendants of Tipu Sultan, the great freedom fighter from South India who laid down his life in a bloody fight against the British, in the battle of Srirangapatnam, in 1799.

As ill luck and irony would have it, Anwar and his brothers have been pulling rickshaws on the very road named after one of their ancestors, Prince Gulam Mohammed Anwar Shah, one of Tipu Sultan's 12 sons! Never mind if Anwar or the members of his family pine for what is not, as their brush with history is a distant memory now, a tale almost forgotten. It was from their grandmother that they came to know about the historical connection, or rather, about the link with Srirangapatnam and subsequently, Prince Anwar Shah.

Notwithstanding the recent brouhaha by the West Bengal government over the commemoration of the bicentenary of the glorious martyrdom of Tipu Sultan, Anwar, Anwar's mother Chamanwara Bewa and her three other sons and two daughters do not rue their fate, or the phenomenal indifference towards their plight by the powers-that-be.

We are ashamed to speak of our past; that we are descendants of the great man makes us shrink further, because it wont help to restore our fortune or mitigate our poverty, says Anwar Shah, as his eyes search for a passenger in the scorching, humid day. The sad reality is that talking to the correspondent here about their plight is less important than earning his daily wages, to fend for himself and the family.

And Anwar Shah is quite candid about confessing it.

We have earlier spoken to many people, narrated our woes to them; but all in vain. Nothing helps unless we help ourselves, he regrets. More than a decade ago, when R. Roshan Baig, the then Waqf minister and a special emissary of the Karnataka government met his father, the late Mohammed Akhtar Shah at their godforsaken dwelling in South Calcutta in 1989, Baig was moved by the wretched living conditions of Tipu's great grand descendants. Mr. Baig, who had been specially depicted by the Karnataka government to look for original descendants of Tipu, for their honourable rehabilitation in the southern state, urged Anwars father to migrate to Karnataka and promised all help, once he did so; but for reasons best known to him, Akhtar Shah declined to quit the city and pleaded with Mr. Baig to arranged for some funds to enable him to lead a decent life, Anwar claims, puffing a beedi.

I feel that my father made a terrible mistake; he ought to have gone to Karnataka. Perhaps, he was afraid, as we don't know Kannada. But that was no logic, argues Anwar, as his brother Dilwar, 36, also a rickshaw-puller, arrives after a round.

Sheer poverty has prevented them from going to school and all the four brothers are completely illiterate. Taking a peep into history, in the aftermath of the death of Tipu Sultan, during the battle of Mysore, the then British rulers threw all the dozen sons of Tipu into prison at Vellore, from where they were shifted to another prison in Calcutta in 1807, suspecting that they had powered an abortive rebellion in Vellore jail.

Since then, the descendants of Tipu's dozen sons have been scattered into various parts of the city. Anwar is the eldest son of the late Mohammed Akhtar Shah, the direct descendant of Tipu's eldest son, Nawab Fateh Hyder Sultan.

Anwar only thanks his stars that he was able to quit the dark life the four brothers had led in their teens, to help his father run the family, as Akhtar Shah could not ensure two square meals a day just by running a tiny cigarette stall. Before taking to rickshaw- pulling, admits Anwar, they used to earn some fast bucks by selling cinema tickets in black. Dilwar, sitting beside him, gives a wry smile of approbation, because it was he who had the longest stint in the trade. Their two younger brothers - Shanu and Hussain Ali - make a living by pulling rickshaws and running a ramshackle tailor shop, respectively.

If their claims are to be believed, more than 500 bighas of prime land, besides real estate strewn in the city, actually belongs to the Tipu clan and owing to protracted litigation and other reasons, it has become a messy affair. Even the building with the corporate office of Shaw Wallace in Central Calcutta, which was originally given on a 85 year lease, belongs to the clan. The lease expired in 1985, but we could do little about it, Anwar claims.

So, when his mother Chamanwara Begum returns home everyday after her routine engagement as maid-servant from various apartments in the posh locality of Prince Anwar Shah Road in South Calcutta, eyebrows are not raised. Because without this, it is difficult to arrange money for the marriage of one of her two daughters, let alone make both ends meet.

--- DECCAN HERALD - Friday - May 19, 2000

Gernada1492

A Muslim
thans a a lot for articles and yes, we need to start another thread. The world shud know abt him.

i remember, long after his martyrdom, where there was british rule all over the world, a brith officer came and went near his grave and within a few minutes he ran out. When people asked what happened, he said that it seems Sultan Tipu is alive and he is looking at me aggressively.

subhanALLAH! ALLAH has put so much fear in their hearts..

TipuSultan

Banned
yes brother I will start a new thread with lots of videos, articles about this great Hero of Islam and you should help me.
akhi 1 personal question r u from India?

also we will start threads about other great heroes of Islam buried in History

Gernada1492

A Muslim
and what a dreadfiull article..

HOW DREADFULL!

It reminds of me sons of Abu Abdullah, the last king of Gernada, Spain. his generations are begging in the streets of morocco. Ah!

Gunwa de hum nay jo islaaf say meeras paye thee
surayya say zameen per asmaan nay hum ko day mara

Thay tu woh Abaa tumharay he mager tum kia ho?
haath per haath rakahay, Muntazir-e-farda ho

We hhave lost of our heritage which we got fromo our ancestors
Sky has put us down from the peaks

those were surely your ancestors and look who you are/
Just lying lazy waiting for something to happen which will enlighten your lives

Gernada1492

A Muslim
Im not from india but I love muslim history and they way we taught the world , how to live.

I wil help you in that, dont worry. I have read alot about indian rulers , the mughals , Ahmed shah Abdali etc..