somalia

omar1

hey salam alaiykum, i came from

hey salam alaiykum, i came from somalia and i watching the news carefully these days . the somali islamic courts are defeting the weak government who is back by the united state and Ethoipia.

samiha

---------
Staff member
it depends with the definition of an islamic state,does it mean the introduction of police who enforce virtues and and prevent vice?the prophet came to spread the message of islamic monotheism and little to do with states.

:salam2:

i don't agree.

What is Islam? Islam is the Submission to Allah through which one achieves peace in the heart. This isn't a hour a day program, it is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

In Islam, there is no separation of Church and State. The U.S. and other places left religion from government and look where it has lead!! Corruption, bribery etc etc... we all know it. Why? Because they felt that religion held no part in the taking care of State. Islam is different, it's all encompassing, eternal and deals with all life styles and structures...

So therefore I disagree....

I would completely post more.... BUT i have things to do.....
Wassalam.

omar1

The new guy

The current events are Taliban is kind defeting the USA,and Britian. The chechens are still fight, the hesbulallah are still in defens waiting for Isreal to come back, Hamas are fighting with fatws who are backing up by USA and Britian, Islamic Courts In Somalia who control most land in Somalia are Fighting with Weak govertnment who are backing up by the USA and Britian, Aljazeera and other news Procasts are waiting a video type from Usama bin laden.

muslima_1

i'm new to this site and i find it very helpfull i'm learning alot from all the brothers and sisters, there is lots of very usefull information here so, thank you for that.

I couldn't help say something about this topic. what most people don't know is that Somalia is, has been and will be a muslim country inshaallah. What it needs is some form of a government thats all, there is no issue of that government being a islamic one which follows the islam guidelines. This group right now i don't think what they are doing is right or the methods they are using so, i hope they realize that and work with the people and try to unite the country which is divided now, instead of focusing on tribe issue. I don't think anything is gonna come out if they don't change their way of dealing with things and i know that for sure because it would have worked before, one part of the country can't force the rest.
Allah knows the best. I hope he will guide us to the right path inshaallah.:shymuslima1:

marzuki mohamed

The current events are Taliban is kind defeting the USA,and Britian. The chechens are still fight, the hesbulallah are still in defens waiting for Isreal to come back, Hamas are fighting with fatws who are backing up by USA and Britian, Islamic Courts In Somalia who control most land in Somalia are Fighting with Weak govertnment who are backing up by the USA and Britian, Aljazeera and other news Procasts are waiting a video type from Usama bin laden.

=interesting statement/conclusion bro Omar1.Thx!:arabi1:

wasalam.

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum Wa Rahmet Allah Wa Barakatu

Born in America, but hate this country.

Why do you hate America?
i live in America and i been here almost my whole live and i dont feel that way towards it.
Do you hate it because of the US Government?
im not trying to say you shouldnt hate America because everyone has different opinions, im just curious because i heard it alot.

IMAM

sobriety and rationality is paramount

i don't agree.

What is Islam? Islam is the Submission to Allah through which one achieves peace in the heart. This isn't a hour a day program, it is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

In Islam, there is no separation of Church and State. The U.S. and other places left religion from government and look where it has lead!! Corruption, bribery etc etc... we all know it. Why? Because they felt that religion held no part in the taking care of State. Islam is different, it's all encompassing, eternal and deals with all life styles and structures...

So therefore I disagree....

I would completely post more.... BUT i have things to do.....
Wassalam.
I have to disagree with you my sister yes islam is submission to Allah not to state...we should stick to Quran and sunnah if the people of the respective countries choose to live by sharia and as such an islamic state by all means.but lets not dictate our wishes to others muslims.I chucklled when you mentioned corruption so called islamic countries usually top any corruption index.
THERE IS NO MODEL TO EMULATE.....is based on trial and error no country can be governed on morality it`s hypocrisy to be believe so,pick your choice Taliban or Saudi Arabia or malayasia.

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
:salam2: 100% somali

i was born there, sadly never grew up there...left when the war started at around 5 years old....very sad cos i dont even know my culture well..and my country..i cant even remember it...i hate all this tribalistic wars and divisions between north and south..its time we became somalia as a whole again...:girl3:

may allah unite the muslim ummah ameen

:wasalam:

ShaheedU

Extinct
i dont think this thread is good cos it creates nationalism or helps it grow. when we should be thinking about religion only and not race and colour,etc.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

No not at all, people here are only talking about the situation in a country. Nobody is boasting about their country or heritage.

:wasalam:

ShaheedU

Extinct
not right now, but hmmmmmm.. possibly something in our hearts?

but fair enough i concede the point.

Allaah knows best.
wa alaikum assalaam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

There is nothing wrong with talking about our countries or even saying good things bout our countries and our backgrounds.

If someone is happy about being Somali and loves Somali people, that is great! The only thing that is haram is to have pride and to believe that a Somali or an Arab, or an American or any other race is better than anyone else.

We are all the children of Adam. Whether the person is a Jew living in Israel or a person living in Peruvian rainforest - We are the same. The difference is only what is in our hearts and if that person strives to be close to Allah and has Islam firmly in their hearts and is Muslim, then of course he or she is our brother and sister.

With regards Shariah being implemented in countries, I do not think we are in position to talk about these political issues. Shariah starts with Tawheed. What is the use of a country which falsely applies Shariah? For example, in Iran where they do evil things in the name of Islam. They have no Tawheed, they have no Aqeedah, they have hundreds of Shrines and they kill Sunni Muslims and cause destruction in our Muslim lands.

The most important thing is for the Muslims themselves to change and adopt Islam properly. From there, other things will follow through, instead of merely complaining about the Muslim rulers. - It will not get you anywhere.

See the following:
Sticky: Politics in Islam

Perhaps this thread aught to be moved to the news and current affairs section

Wasalaam.

Ayep

I just need to add a few points to this discussion. Whenever a country anywhere in the world tries to model an Islamic state, you will see the US rushing in to oppose or place restrictions on it. Russia will also do the same thing.

So if we see the Americans come charging in to any nation with guns blazing then we will know it is highly likely that country is trying to resemble an Islamic state. They will not let it happen anytime soon.

I pity our Somali bros and sisters having to suffer when an outsider is trying to intervene and undermine the renconciliation process of its own people.

Actually Nationalism was invented by the British to break up the last Islamic Caliphate of the Ottomans. Because of the pride of nationalism, the Arabs revolted against the Ottomans and ensured Islamic Caliphate's collapse and not seen again till this day. So sad.
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1672
I didn't know this at first but Nationalism is an evil ideology who separates people especially Muslims. It pits a Muslim from one country with the other and programs them to be at odds with each other(proud of its own race, culture, etc).

We are already brothers and sisters in Islam-what more do we want. I hope everyone is aware of this idelogical programming already inside of us.

Allah knows best

BrotherZak

I i'm of somali origin, although born in Saudi Arabia i lived there as a child one year then moved along to egypt before i came and settled in Canada. I have few memories and even less vivid images of my life there but i hope to return this upcoming summer, even if a war begins.

I have no problem if somali decides to act on the quran and sunnah, however, my only point of concern is the mythadolgy on which they plan to enforce and built the society. My father started the Ikhanal Muslimeen or Muslim brotherhood in Somali, so naturally i'm incline to his perspective. Regardless though i'm still happy about this move because before the advent of the last day many groups will try to bring back the Khalifia all the way till the emergence of the Mahdi.

Walakum salam.

maryama

Salam

Asalamu Aleykom everyone. I'm a somali sis and somali is truly striving for a islamic state may Allah help them. :hijabi:

Kashmiri

Alhumdullila i think somailan Brothers and sisters are so fun to be around Mashallah they so funny iswell. My neighbours are somalians 5 Brothers and 5 Sisters Mashallah such a lovely family. Ive noticed somalians tend to have more knowledge in the deen. A friend told me thathey start madrassa back in somalia at very young ages so i guess thats why it is.

I get along with somalians the most:shymuslima1:

Dont know why though lol

May Allah Subhuwatala bless you all no matter what u are (as long as u muslims and guide the non muslims inshallah) Ameen.

and oh yeah Bro Mabsoot u american didntknow that im british would u like a cup of teaa hehehe lol ok me in funny mood:shymuslima1:

(my parents are from kashmir so im a Britsh kashmiri lol)

Wa Alaykum Asalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakathuhu