Soup Kitchen Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
May be it's wishful thinking on your part. May be the hungry individuals are so grateful for the food that they are receiving that they are looking at you with grateful eyes, and I can't see a starving person having sexual thoughts when food is his number one priority. A little humility and the love for your fellow human being whatever his beliefs may well go a long way too. A sincere and honest person would not have the thoughts you are having, humility, humility humility.

As-salaamu `alaykum

Would a 'sincere and honest person' utter something so disrespectful and rude? Is there any humility in the above? Brother, please have some respect and adab towards other members. The sister's concerns are genuine and naturally a woman who is less than naive is right for having these worries as she's protecting her honour, gheerah and hayaa'.

Your post contradicts itself don't you think? An indirect insult coupled with calls to humility? Humility at this time would lead to an apology, but that's your decision.

From the adab of a Muslim is that he advises another personally and privately, not in the public arena, and speaks to him/her in a way that will bring about benefit, not with rudeness. It is also authentically reported that the Prophet (sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam) said that gentleness doesn't enter into an affair except that it beautifies it. And gentleness is a much larger and important aspect of humility than 'talking straight from the holster' which in this case is far from it.

Sorry for posting this public. I wanted to PM you, but seeing you've openly disrespected and offended someone so bluntly and blatantly, I saw it fit to address this openly.

Status
Not open for further replies.