Statement: Free Gaza by sea- campaing

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
A Statement from the International Human Rights Workers Aboard the SS Free Gaza and SS Liberty, Sailing to Gaza

For Immediate Release Date : 08-23-2008

(10am, 23 August, 2008) At 10am this morning, the Cyprus team of the Free Gaza Movement was able to briefly speak with our people on board the SS Free Gaza and SS Liberty. They are all fine, and they asked us to release the following statement:
"The electronic systems which guarantee our safety aboard the SS Free Gaza and SS Liberty have been jammed and scrambled. Both ships are flying Greek flags, and are in international waters. We are the victims of electronic piracy. We are currently in GMS P area A2 and we are relying on our satellite communications equipment to make a distress call, if needed.
We are civilians from 17 nations and are on this project to break the siege of Gaza. We are not experienced sailors. As a result, there is concern about the health and safety of the people on board such an emergency develop.
We are currently experiencing rough sea conditions, and we call on the Greek government and the international community to meet their responsibilities and protect the civilians on board our two ships in international waters."

http://www.freegaza.org/index.php?module=latest_news&id=38cb0289ed66443279a64faa7c5631e4&offset=

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

May Allah subhana talla guide these wonderful people to port.

Sister, Please let us know what we can do.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Palestinians report shots fired from Israeli warships as Gazans await Free Gaza ship
Date: 23 / 08 / 2008 Time: 09:53

Gaza – Ma'an – Palestinians in Gaza have reported that Israeli warships are firing shots at journalists and citizens who lauched boats to go out and greet the crew of the Free Gaza vessel.

No casualties have been reported.

Twenty journalists launched 11 boats from the Gaza beach in order to receive the Free Gaza ships coming from Cyprus to break the siege.

Palestinian citizens have been waiting for the ships to arrive since morning, but the ships were delayed when onboard equipment malfunctioned.

The Free Gaza ships were expected to reach the Gaza Port at or before one o'clock local time. But had not reaced Gaza waters at the time of writing.

(Updated 3:08 local Bethlehem time )

http://www.maannews.net/en/index.php?opr=ShowDetails&ID=31473

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

As it is most like that behind this sabotating is Israel, it would be suitable to take contact to local Embassy of Israel and tell personal opinion about they actions. Unfortunately now is Saturday, Sabath to Jews and it is likely in Embassies might not very much people at present...

Also:

Urgent: Request for International Community Intervention

For Immediate Release

(23.08.08) Free Gaza Movement Boat Flotilla in Need of Immediate Assistance

The two, Free Gaza Movement boats, SS Liberty and SS Free Gaza, are now sailing with damaged navigation systems. As such, they are in jeopardy of drifting off course and out of international waters.

In addition they have encountering rough seas, with waves over 3 metre's high. Many of the older passengers on board are suffering from serious sea sickness. For some of them these conditions could pose life-threatening health risks.

Their navigation systems have been damaged and as such they are in jeopardy of drifting unknowingly out of international waters.

We request that all individuals and organisations make representation to the government of Israel and the Israeli navy to protect the lives of the civilians aboard the two ships, SS Liberty and SS Free Gaza which are sailing under the Greek flag.

For More Information Contact:

Angela Godfrey-Goldstein
Tel. +972 547 366 393
or
Osama Qashoo
+44 78 333 81660
+44 79 779 3595

http://www.freegaza.org/index.php?module=latest_news&id=f7d4ee5a4601e6b3b0f1f0f1d38da0ba&offset=

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Surely dear sister.

"We've entered Gazan waters!"

Yvonne Ridley Date : 08-23-2008

A Message to All from the SS Liberty:
"We've entered Gazan waters. We're flying the Palestinian flag, and we now believe that we're going to reach the shores of Gaza very soon. I missed the start of the Berlin Wall coming down by just a few days, but now I know how people felt when they tore down those first few bricks. Today is a huge victory of people over power."
--Yvonne Ridley, abord the SS Liberty, bound for Gaza, 23 Aug. 2008

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I missed the tearing of the wall by one hour. But all I can say is:

1) Go sister Go
and

Allah Akbur
Allah Akbur
Allah Akbur

island muslim

Salaam alaiykum,

Allah Akbar. This is GREAT news indeed!!! Lets hope this is the start of the break of the Gaza Siege and supplying our brothers and sisters who are being starved in one big prison.

I really cannot understand or forgive the Egyptian goverment and leaders for being partner with Israel in enforcing the border and starving the palestinian muslims for the Zionists. Where is the al walaa al Baraa? :(

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

"GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Two boats of international activists on a solidarity mission with the Palestinians have reached the Gaza Strip after a two-day journey at sea."

Yes maybe I am jumping a little...

:jumpclap:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Gaza people welcome the two boats to break Gaza siege
Saturday August 23, 2008 20:03 by George Rishmawi

Thousands of Palestinians welcome the two boats, SS Liberty and Gaza Free which arrived at the Gaza port Saturday evening coming from Cyprus to break the siege on the Gaza Strip.

This is a report from IMEMC 's correspondant in the Gaza Strip Rami Al-Meghari about the arrival of the boats and the popular welcoming by Palestinian.

Click on the link below to listen to or download the report in MP3 Format || 9m 15s || 8.46 MB

http://www.imemc.org/article/56695

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2: sister harb,

JazakAllahkhair for bringing us this news. Let there be no doubt that Victory belongs to islam and the muslims

Alhamdulilah that they have reched the shore...
I cant believe i just cried....:arabi1:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I read the Israeli's do not want more ships. What are future prospects? Let us know, please.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Of course Isreal will says that it doesn´t want more kind of actions as it had to say that they let them to reach Gaza by "humanitarian reasons". Those ships got too much international interest from the media.

Ooops, they did it again:

FREE GAZA MOVEMENT IS AT SEA AGAIN

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Date : 08-25-2008

on the 8 mile limit off Gaza Harbour –

SS Free Gaza, with six Palestinian fishermen’s boats, is 8-miles off the coast of Gaza, being circled by three Israeli Dabur naval vessels. No shots have been fired. The fishing boats are continuing to exercise their right to fish and have not turned round, but the Free Gaza has just now turned round (10.15 a.m.). The Oslo Accords allow Palestinian Gazans a 20-mile limit off the coast of the Gaza Strip. Currently the Navy is enforcing a 6 mile limit, so the Free Gaza Movement has broken that naval blockade, too.

Updates from Prof. Jeff Halper on a fishing boat (not on the Free Gaza): 0542 002 642 or Huwaida Arraf also on a fishing boat: 0599 130 426

Angela Godfrey-Goldstein

Media Team

Free Gaza Movement
0547-366 393

From these links you will find information about them and they actions:

http://www.freegaza.org/index.php

and

http://www.freegaza.ps/english/

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Salaam alaiykum,

Allah Akbar. This is GREAT news indeed!!! Lets hope this is the start of the break of the Gaza Siege and supplying our brothers and sisters who are being starved in one big prison.

I really cannot understand or forgive the Egyptian goverment and leaders for being partner with Israel in enforcing the border and starving the palestinian muslims for the Zionists. Where is the al walaa al Baraa? :(
May Allah Ta Alla burn them in Jahanam for eternity for their betrayel, Ameen.

Mmmmm.....I can almost taste their blood leaking out from their bodies as I lick my lips in satisfication.

But hey, I'm crazy, I've lost my mind, I'm mental, I'm stupid, and I'm never going to be a better person, I'm always going to stay as a little stupid retarded idiot as I am one.

Sigh, it sucks feeling mental and stupid, but it's a psycological breakdown.

I've forgotten myself, too, can't even remember my user name, and only remember that I was here this morning feeling happy and with high........Eman. Yeah that's it. But oh well, I'm stupid as it gets. Sigh this happens at times, and I'm like a COMPLETELY differant person, I hate myself. One day I might fall out the window without caring.

So dumb am I.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
SS FREE GAZA & SS LIBERTY TO LEAVE GAZA PORT ON THURSDAY
International Solidarity Movement

From Break the Siege of Gaza Campaign - www.freegaza.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SS FREE GAZA & SS LIBERTY TO LEAVE GAZA PORT ON THURSDAY

(GAZA CITY, 26 August 2008) – The SS Free Gaza and SS Liberty will leave Gaza for Cyprus on Thursday morning at 9:00 am. Several Palestinian students who have been denied exit visas by Israel will travel to Cyprus on the boats. One Palestinian professor will finally be able to go back to teaching in Europe and one young, Palestinian woman will finally be reunited with her husband. Several of the Free Gaza international human rights workers will remain in Gaza to do human rights monitoring.

By freely traveling to Gaza, on Saturday, August 23rd, in two, small, wooden boats, the Free Gaza Movement forced the Israeli government to issue a fundamental policy change regarding their military and economic blockade of Gaza. Until now, Israel has wanted absolute control of Gaza with no responsibility. Israel has managed to maintain this situation, in spite of international law, because its policies have never been challenged.

When the SS Free Gaza and SS Liberty approached the waters of Gaza, the Israeli government had to decide whether it wanted to publicly acknowledge that Israel remains an occupying power in Gaza, in which case Israel would be responsible under international law for its actions, including war crimes. In the face of intense, public scrutiny, Israel instead chose to acknowledge the inherant right of Palestinians to freely engage with the world. The Israeli Ministry of Foreign affairs publicly announced that humanitarian and human rights missions to Gaza will no longer be stopped or threatened by Israel. With the end of the Israeli siege of Gaza, Palestinians are free to exercise their rights without fear of being stopped or killed by the Israeli military.

Since the organizers of the Free Gaza Movement will not be entering Israeli terrritorial waters, and since they will request an inspection from the Gaza Port Authority, they expect no interference on the part of the Israeli authorities when they leave Gaza. By Israel’s own admission, it has no authority to inspect the boats or the passengers when they leave Gaza.

With the collapse of the Israeli blockade, the Free Gaza Movement will quickly return to Gaza with another delegation, and invites the United Nations, Arab League and international community to organize similar human rights and humanitarian efforts. The Free Gaza Movement will continue to work to ensure the free passage between Gaza and the outside world will remain safe and open.

=================================

www.freegaza.org

For More Information, Please Contact:
(Gaza) Paul Larudee: +972 598 765 370
(Gaza) Huwaida Arraf: +972 599 130 426
(Cyprus) Osama Qashoo: +357 97 793 595 / [email protected]
(Jerusalem) Angela Godfrey-Goldstein: +972 547 366 393 / [email protected]

===================================

The Palestine Solidarity Campaign (PSC) aims to raise public awareness about the occupation of Palestine and the struggle of the Palestinian people. PSC seek to bring pressure on both the British and Israeli government to bring their policies in line with international law. PSC is an independent, non-governmental and non-party political organisation with members from communities across the UK. Join PSC today!

Palestine Solidarity Campaign
Box BM PSA
London
WC1N 3XX

Tel: 020 7700 6192
Fax: 020 7609 7779

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.palestinecampaign.org

http://www.uruknet.de/?p=m46731&hd=&size=1&l=e