Strange....

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
:salam2:

I am really shocked while writing this post. A Pakistani Imam in London which refused to let people pray Salatul-Eid this morning because he believe its not eid yet. People were forced to pray at the local park, instead of the mosque. I really think people had the right to pray at the local mosque, whether eid was today or tommorow. I wonder whats going on to this Ummah..?? Its really sad..

:wasalam:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
:) Assalam aleikum
Yep, i heard that, but apparently people were told before so they were allready prepared ...to pray in the park :confused: sad

massi

Delaying Eid prayer until after the day of Eid

Question:
Is it permissible to delay the Eid prayer from the night on which the new moon of Shawwaal is sighted until the second day, so as to enable Muslims who are working in factories and offices to get permission from their bosses to take the day off?
Because the day of Eid is not known to them in advance, so it is difficult for them to tell their bosses the specific day that they want to take off.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Eid prayer is fard kifaayah (a communal obligation). If sufficient people undertake to do it then the rest are absolved of sin. Some of the scholars are of the view that it is fard ‘ayn (an individual obligation) like Jumu’ah prayer. Because the Islamic centers organize the Eid prayers according to the sighting of the moon, those who cannot attend are absolved of this communal obligation. It is not permissible to delay the prayer until the second or third day of Shawwaal so that all the Muslims in London can attend, because this delay is contrary to that on which the Sahaabah and those who came after them were agreed. We do not know of any scholar who suggested this. Yes, it is permissible to delay the prayer until the second day if they did not know it was Eid until after the sun had reached its zenith.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas, 8/289

:SMILY206:

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
:) Assalam aleikum
Yep, i heard that, but apparently people were told before so they were allready prepared ...to pray in the park :confused: sad

I wasn't aware whether they were prepared or not. I wonder who has the right to reach such a sad decision. We all muslims, and have the right to pray at the mosque despite any differences between us. Even the happy days muslims cant celebrate together...

massi

He is asking about the place for Eid prayer

Question:
We heard that at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), the Eid prayer was held in a musalla (prayer-place) outside the built-up area, because his mosque could not accommodate all the people, and that if there is a mosque that can accommodate the people, then it is better for them to pray there because the mosque is better than anywhere else. Is this correct?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

The practical Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) (i.e., what he did) was to leave his mosque for the Eid prayers and perform these prayers in the musalla that was at the outer gate of Madeenah. See Zaad al-Ma’aad by Ibn al-Qayyim, 1/441.

Shaykh Ahmad Shaakir (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The views of the scholars concerning that are closely connected:

In Sharh al-Bukhaari, the Hanafi scholar al-‘Ayni discussed the following hadeeth of Abu Sa’eed [al-Khudri]: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to go out to the prayer-place on the day of al-Fitr and al-Adha. The first thing that he did was to pray, then he would move away and stand facing the people, when the people were (still) sitting in their rows, and he would exhort them and advise them and issue commands to them. If he wanted to dispatch an army he would do so, and if he wanted to issue some command, he would do so. Then he would leave.” Abu Sa’eed said: The people continued to do that until I came out with Marwaan when he was the governor of Madeenah, on (the day of) al-Ahda or al-Fitr. When we came to the prayer place, there was the minbar that had been built by Katheer ibn al-Salt. Marwaan wanted to ascend the minbar; I grabbed his clothes but he pulled away, and he ascended and delivered the khutbah before the prayer. I said to him: “You have changed it, by Allaah.” He said: “O Abu Sa’eed, gone is that which you know.” I said: “By Allaah, what I know is better than that which I do not know.” He said: “The people will not sit and listen to us after the prayer so I did it before the prayer.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 956; Muslim, 889.

Al-‘Ayni said: This shows that we should go out to the prayer-place and not offer the Eid prayer in the mosque except in case of necessity. Ibn Ziyaad narrated that Maalik said: The Sunnah is to go out to the prayer-place except for the people of Makkah, who should pray in the mosque.

In al-Fataawa al-Hindiyyah (vol. 1, p. 118) it says: Going out to the prayer-place for Eid prayer is Sunnah, even if the Jaami’ Mosque is large enough to accommodate them. This is the view of the majority of shaykhs and it is the correct view.

In al-Mudawwanah al-Marwiyah ‘an Maalik (vol. 1, p. 171), Maalik said: The Eid prayer should not be offered in two places, and they should not pray in their mosques, rather they should all go out as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out. And Ibn Wahb narrated from Yoonus that Ibn Shihaab said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to go out to the prayer-place, then the people of the regions followed that Sunnah.

Ibn Qudaamah al-Hanbali said in al-Mughni (vol. 2, no. 229-230): The Sunnah is to offer the Eid prayer in the prayer-place. This was enjoined by ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) and was regarded as good by al-Awzaa’i and Ashaab al-Ra’i. This is also the view of Ibn al-Mundhir.

It was narrated from al-Shaafa’i that if the mosque of a city is spacious, then it is better to pray there, because it is the best and purest place. Hence the people of Makkah pray (Eid) in al-Masjid al-Haraam.

Then Ibn Qudaamah quoted evidence to support his view, and said: Our evidence shows that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to go out to the prayer-place and leave his mosque, as did the caliphs after him. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would not forsake the better thing even though it was closer and take the trouble to go to an imperfect place that was further away, and he did not prescribe for his ummah that they should forsake that which is good and virtuous. We have been commanded to follow the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and take him as our example. It cannot be the case that the thing that is enjoined is imperfect and the thing that is forbidden is perfect. There is no report that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) offered the Eid prayer in his mosque except when there was a reason or excuse. This is also the consensus of the Muslims. The people in all ages and in all places have gone out to the prayer-place and offered the Eid prayer there, regardless of whether the mosque is spacious or otherwise. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to offer the Eid prayer in the prayer-place even though his mosque is such a venerable place.

And I – Ahmad Shaakir is speaking – say that words of Ibn Qudaamah, “There is no report that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) offered the Eid prayer in his mosque except when there was a reason or excuse”, is a reference to the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah which is narrated by al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak (vol. 1, p. 295): “Rain fell on the day of Eid, so the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed in the mosque.” This was classed as saheeh by him (al-Haakim) and al-Dhahabi. [And Ibn al-Qayyim said of it: If the hadeeth is proven, it is also narrated in Sunan Abi Dawood and Ibn Maajah. Zaad al-Ma’aad, 1/441. But it was classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in Risaalat Salaat al-Eidayn fi’l-Musalla hiya al-Sunnah, and he narrated the view of al-Haakim and al-Dhahabi].

Imam al-Shaafa’i said in al-Umm (vol. 1, p. 207): “We have heard that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to go out on the two Eids to the prayer-place in Madeenah, as did those who came after him, and most of the people in all countries, except Makkah (concerning which) we have not heard that any of the salaf led them in offering the Eid prayer except in their mosque. I think that this – and Allaah knows best – is because al-Masjid al-Haraam is the best spot on earth, so they did not like to pray anywhere else if possible.

“If there is a town and the mosque of its people is big enough to accommodate them, I do not think that they should go out of it, but if they do go out, there is nothing wrong with that. If it is big enough and their imam leads them in prayer there, I regard that as makrooh but they do not have to repeat it. If there is an excuse such as rain etc, I would tell them to pray in the mosque and not go out to the desert.”

The scholar Ibn al-Haaj said in al-Madkhal (vol. 2, 283): The proven Sunnah with regard to the Eid prayer is that it should be offered in the prayer-place, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A prayer offered in this mosque of mine is better than a thousand prayers offered elsewhere, except in al-Masjid al-Haraam.” (al-Bukhaari, 1190; Muslim, 1394). Then despite that great virtue he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out to the prayer-place and left the mosque. This clearly indicates that the command to go out to the prayer-place for Eid prayer is confirmed, so this is the Sunnah. According to the madhhab of Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on him), offering the Eid prayer in the mosque is bid’ah (an innovation), unless there is some reason why it is necessary to do that, in which case it is not bid’ah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do it and neither did any of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs after him. And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded the women to come out to the Eid prayer, and he told the menstruating women and women in seclusion to come out. One of them said, O Messenger of Allaah, one of us does not have a jilbaab.” He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Let her sister lends her a jilbaab so that she may witness goodness and attend the gathering of the Muslims.” (See Saheeh al-Bukhari, 324; Saheeh Muslim, 890).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded the women to go out and he prescribed the prayer out in the open so that the symbols of Islam might be manifested.

The Prophet’s Sunnah that is narrated in the saheeh hadeeths indicates that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to offer the Eid prayer in the desert outside the city. This is how it continued during the early days of Islam, and they did not offer the Eid prayer inside the city unless there was a reason that made it necessary to do so, such as rain.

This is the view of the four imams and other scholars and imams – may Allaah be pleased with them all. I do not know of anyone who held a different opinion, apart from the view of al-Shaafa’i (may Allaah have mercy on him) who preferred that the prayer be offered in the mosque if it was big enough to hold all the people of the city. Despite that he did not see anything wrong with praying in the desert even if the mosque was big enough. And he clearly stated that he regarded it as makrooh to offer the Eid prayer in the mosque if it was not big enough to hold all the people.

These saheeh ahaadeeth and others, and the fact that this is how they continued to do it during the early days of Islam, and the views of the scholars, all indicate that offering the Eid prayers in the mosques now is a bid’ah (innovation), even according to the view of al-Shaafa’i, because there is no one mosque in our cities that can accommodate all the people of the city where it is located.

Moreover, this is the Sunnah, to gather all the people of the city, men, women and children, so that their hearts may turn to Allaah as one and they may be united, praying behind one imam, saying “Allaahu akbar” and “Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah”, praying to Allaah with sincerity, as if they are one, rejoicing in the blessing that Allaah has bestowed upon them, so that the Eid will be a true Eid.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded the women to go out to the Eid prayer with the people, and he did not exclude anyone from that. He did not even excuse those who had nothing to wear from going out, rather he commanded them to borrow something from someone else. He even commanded those who had an excuse for not praying to go out to the prayer-place, “to witness goodness and attend the gathering of the Muslims.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the caliphs after him, and the governors whom they appointed in the various cities, used to led the people in offering the Eid prayer, then they would address them, exhorting them and teaching them things that would benefit them in their religious and worldly concerns. They would command them to give in charity in that blessed gathering, upon which descended divine mercy and blessing.

May the Muslims follow the Sunnah of their Prophet and revive the symbols of their religion, which is the source of their pride and success.

“O you who believe! Answer Allaah (by obeying Him) and (His) Messenger when he calls you to that which will give you life”

[al-Anfaal 8:24]

From his commentary on Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 2/421-424.

Islam Q&A

:SMILY206:

massi

maybe he is shia because all shia always make this thing (don't follow the sunna in eid if saudia celebrate the eid in friday they will celebrated it on saturday) .as Ramadan and any thing in religion .Allah know the best
well i don't say he is shia because I don't know what happened I'm sorry.

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Waalaikumsalam,

The problem lies here is that some follow astronomically, while some follow it by moon sighting. Hence, this is happening. Here in Singapore, they follow it astronomically. I just got to know this matter. But I believe by moon sighting is much more accurate. Allahu alam. I'm gonna read more on this subject, inshaAllah.

Undertaker

maybe he is shia because all shia always make this thing (don't follow the sunna in eid if saudia celebrate the eid in friday they will celebrated it on saturday) .as Ramadan and any thing in religion .Allah know the best
by saying such a thing.In many countries e.g Pakistan,India,Bangladesh etc,Eid is on Sunday the 14th October and shias make only a small minority of muslim population in these countries.Eid is celebrated based on sighting of moon,not in coincision with Saudi Arabia.And please don't make such degrading remarks about shias as they are also muslims as they do believe in all fundamentals of Islam,just like all other muslim sects.

massi

***** of youself by saying such a thing.In many countries e.g Pakistan,India,Bangladesh etc,Eid is on Sunday the 14th October and shias make only a small minority of muslim population in these countries.Eid is celebrated based on sighting of moon,not in coincision with Saudi Arabia.And please don't make such degrading remarks about shias as they are also muslims as they do believe in all fundamentals of Islam,just like all other muslim sects.
well
shia always don't celeberate eid with muslim as this year
the sunna in iraq has celebrated it on friday and shia has celebrated today(saturda).:angryred:
what a degrading remarks well read it :

Information about the Shi’ah

Question:
We are in urgent need of information about the differences between the Sunnis and Shi’is. We hope that you can explain something about their beliefs?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

The Shi’ah have many sects. Some of them are kaafirs who worship ‘Ali and call upon him, and they worship Faatimah, al-Husayn and others. Some of them say that Jibreel (peace be upon him) betrayed the trust and the Prophethood belonged to ‘Ali, not to Muhammad. There are also others among them, such as the Imamiyyah – the Raafidi Ithna ‘Ashari – who worship ‘Ali and say that their imams are better than the angels and Prophets.

There are many groups among them; some are kaafirs and some are not kaafirs. The mildest among them are those who say that ‘Ali was better than the three (Abu Bakr, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan). The one who says this is not a kaafir but he is mistaken, because ‘Ali was the fourth, and Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan were better than him. If a person prefers him over them then he is erring and is going against the consensus of the Sahaabah, but he is not a kaafir. The Shi’ah are of different levels and types. The one who wants to know more about that may refer to the books of the scholars, such as al-Khutoot al-‘Areedah by Muhibb al-Deen al-Khateeb [available in English under the same title, translated by Abu Ameenah Bilaal Philips], Manhaaj al-Sunnah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, and other books that have been written on this topic, such as al-Shi’ah wa’l-Sunnah by Ihsaan Ilaahi Zaheer [also available in English translation] and many other books which explain their errors and evils – we ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

Among the most evil of them are the Imamis, Ithna ‘Asharis and Nusayris, who are called al-Raafidah because they rejected (rafadu) Zayd ibn ‘Ali when he refused to disavow the two Shaykhs Abu Bakr and ‘Umar, so they went against him and rejected him. Not everyone who claims to be a Muslim can be accepted as such. If a person claims to be a Muslim, his claim should be examined. The one who worships Allaah alone and believes in His Messenger, and follows that which he brought, is a real Muslim. If a person claims to be a Muslim but he worships Faatimah or al-Badawi or al-‘Aydaroos or anyone else, then he is not a Muslim. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound. Similarly, anyone who reviles the faith, or does not pray, even if he says that he is a Muslim, is not a Muslim. The same applies to anyone who mocks the faith or mocks the prayer or zakaah or fasting or Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), or who disbelieves in him, or says that he was ignorant or that he did not convey the message in full or convey the message clearly. All such people are kaafirs. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (28/257).
for more information : :SMILY259: :SMILY259: :SMILY259:
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?pg=rslt&txt=shia&st=2&fld=5&pglist=1000000&ln=eng

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

I am really shocked while writing this post. A Pakistani Imam in London which refused to let people pray Salatul-Eid this morning because he believe its not eid yet. People were forced to pray at the local park, instead of the mosque. I really think people had the right to pray at the local mosque, whether eid was today or tommorow. I wonder whats going on to this Ummah..?? Its really sad..

yes, that's really sad! :( Same happens around my area: 4 mosques on 5 prayed Eid on Friday...only 1 didn't...they follow Pakistan...:astag:

The witnessing of the moon by a single man

'Abdullaah bin Ahmad bin Hanbal said:
I asked my father concerning the sighting of the moon, if the sighting of it is done so by a single man?

He said:

((The Imaam should command the people with fasting))

Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal
Masaa'il Al-Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal volume 2 page 610
Translated by Aboo Haatim Muhammad Farooq

Undertaker

Similarly, anyone who reviles the faith, or does not pray, even if he says that he is a Muslim, is not a Muslim.
Yes,some of shia sects are kaafir but most of shias are not kaafir,not the ones I know or most of them living in m country at least.But,I seriously think whoever has made the above statements needs to learn more about Islaam before giving such fatwaas.If someone believe in one God,Muhammad PBUH as his last prophet and all other prophets,believes in all holy books,angels and day of judgement is a muslim,whether he pray or fast regularly or not.Such persons are sinners,not Kaafirs.I really hate these Sheikhs who give such fatwaas without even having enough knowledge to do so.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
brother Undertaker
U can hate whoever u want but be polite please
or silense is better .....
The fatwas are from shaikhs

I really hate these Sheikhs who give such fatwaas without even having enough knowledge to do so.

are u a scholar so u can give such a judgements?Are u shaikh ?

waaleikum salam

massi

Yes,some of shia sects are kaafir but most of shias are not kaafir,not the ones I know or most of them living in m country at least.But,I seriously think whoever has made the above statements needs to learn more about Islaam before giving such fatwaas.If someone believe in one God,Muhammad PBUH as his last prophet and all other prophets,believes in all holy books,angels and day of judgement is a muslim,whether he prays or fasta regularly or not.Such persons are sinners,not Kaafirs.I really hate these Sheikhs who give such fatwaas without even having enough knowledge to do so.

if they are I say if they are you need more information about shia for understand the fatwa . don't you knowthat the shia say that the sunnist is kafir .:angryred:

Undertaker

if they are I say if they are you need more information about shia for understand the fatwa . don't you knowthat the shia say that the sunnist is kafir .:angryred:
You've probably misunderstood what I said.I suggest that u just have another reading of my that post again.

massi

You've probably misunderstood what I said.I suggest that u just have another reading of my that post again.

yes I see but don't you know who has said this FATWA is the best sheik of islam is al sheikh ibn baz (Allah forgive him) so becarful with him.:SMILY259: :SMILY259: :SMILY259:

q8penpals

Salam

I live in Kuwait and about a third of Kuwaitis are Shia, as is my husband's family. They have been nothing but devout Muslims in everyway that I can tell. I have students that are both Shia and Sunni and do not have problems at school with the kids (we have more problems with kids fighting about ethnicity than religion).

Personally, with my husband's family being Shia, I am offended greatly when disparaging remarks are made about "them" in general, since no one here knows them. They believe in the the ONE GOD, Prophet Mohammad, fasting, giving Zakat, and daily prayers, as well as the hadiths and actions of Prophet Mohammad. Doesn't that make a Muslim? Maybe you believe they are sinning Muslims, but aren't we all in some way?

I think we need to not pass judgement on others and worry more about ourselves and how we are progressing as Muslims. I think it is rude that every time someone asks about the differences between Shia and Sunni, it inevitably ends up in just a "how horrible Shia's are" type of post, rather than actually posting factual differences.

So, I am going to end with Thumper's quote from the Disney movie Bambi - "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Humbly,

Lana

massi

Salam

I live in Kuwait and about a third of Kuwaitis are Shia, as is my husband's family. They have been nothing but devout Muslims in everyway that I can tell. I have students that are both Shia and Sunni and do not have problems at school with the kids (we have more problems with kids fighting about ethnicity than religion).

Personally, with my husband's family being Shia, I am offended greatly when disparaging remarks are made about "them" in general, since no one here knows them. They believe in the the ONE GOD, Prophet Mohammad, fasting, giving Zakat, and daily prayers, as well as the hadiths and actions of Prophet Mohammad. Doesn't that make a Muslim? Maybe you believe they are sinning Muslims, but aren't we all in some way?

I think we need to not pass judgement on others and worry more about ourselves and how we are progressing as Muslims. I think it is rude that every time someone asks about the differences between Shia and Sunni, it inevitably ends up in just a "how horrible Shia's are" type of post, rather than actually posting factual differences.

So, I am going to end with Thumper's quote from the Disney movie Bambi - "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Humbly,

Lana

am I say that all shia are non muslim kaffir ?????? :angryred:
Guidelines on takfeer (ruling someone to be a kaafir)

Question:
We hope that you can define the guidelines by means of which it is possible to determine whether someone is a kaafir or faasiq, so that I will not fall into the innovations into which many groups have fallen. Which books do you advise me to read? Please note that I am a beginner seeker of knowledge.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Determining whether someone is a kaafir or a faasiq (faasiq) is not up to us, rather it is up to Allaah, may He be exalted, and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). This is one of the rulings of sharee’ah that is to be referred to the Qur’aan and Sunnah, so we should be very careful and base our judgement on clear proof. No one may be judged to be a kaafir or faasiq except the one whom the Qur’aan and Sunnah indicate is a kaafir or faasiq.

The basic principle is that the one who appears outwardly to be a Muslim of good character is regarded as still being a Muslim of good character, until it is proven that this is no longer the case by means of evidence that is acceptable in sharee’ah. It is not permissible to take lightly the matter of judging someone to be a kaafir or faasiq, because that involves two very serious matters:

1 – It implies fabricating lies against Allaah with regard to this ruling, and fabricating lies against the one who is being judged.

2 – Falling into that which one accused one’s brother of, if he is free from that.

In Saheeh al-Bukhaari (6104) and Saheeh Muslim (60) it is narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If a man declares his brother to be a kaafir, it will apply to one of them.” According to another report: “Either it is as he said, otherwise it will come back to him.”

Secondly:

Based on this, before ruling that a Muslim is a kaafir or a faasiq, two things must be examined:

1 – The evidence of the Qur’aan or Sunnah that this word or this action implies that a person is a kaafir or a faasiq.

2 – Applying this ruling to a specific person who says or does that thing, such that the conditions of judging a person to be a kaafir or faasiq will be met in his case, and there are no impediments.

Among the most important of these conditions are the following:

1 – That he should be aware of his transgression that renders him a kaafir or faasiq, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers’ way, We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell — what an evil destination!”

[al-Nisa’ 4:115]

“And Allaah will never lead a people astray after He has guided them until He makes clear to them as to what they should avoid. Verily, Allaah is the All-Knower of everything”

[al-Tawbah 9:115]

Hence the scholars said that a person who denies obligatory duties should not be judged to be a kaafir if he is new in Islam, until that has been explained to him.

2 – A reason why he cannot be ruled to be a kaafir or faasiq is if he does something that incurs such a judgement involuntarily. This may take several forms such as:

For example, he may be forced to do that, so he does that because he is forced to, not because he accepts that. He is not a kaafir in that case, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Whoever disbelieved in Allaah after his belief, except him who is forced thereto and whose heart is at rest with Faith; but such as open their breasts to disbelief, on them is wrath from Allaah, and theirs will be a great torment”

[al-Nahl 16:106]

Another example is when he is not thinking straight, so he does not know what he is saying because of extreme joy or sorrow or fear and so on. The evidence for that is the report narrated in Saheeh Muslim (2744) from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah rejoices more over the repentance of His slave when he repents to Him than one of you who was on his mount in the wilderness, then he lost it, and his food and drink are on it, and he despairs of finding it. He goes to a tree and lies down in its shade, having lost hope of finding his mount, and whilst he is like that, there it is standing in front of him, so he takes hold of its reins and says, because of his intense joy, ‘O Allaah, You are my slave and I am your lord,’ making this mistake because of his intense joy.”

3 – Misinterpetation. He may have some confusion and some misinterpretation that he adheres to, thinking that it forms evidence for his beliefs, or he may not be able to understand and comprehend shar’i evidence and proof in the proper way. Therefore, judging someone to be a kaafir is not valid except in the case of one who deliberately goes against the shar’i evidence and who knows that he is wrong.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And there is no sin on you concerning that in which you made a mistake, except in regard to what your hearts deliberately intend. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Ahzaab 33:5]

Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (23/349):

Imam Ahmad (may Allaah be pleased with him) prayed for mercy for them (i.e., the caliphs who were influenced by the view of the Jahamis who claimed that the Qur’aan was created, and supported it) and prayed for forgiveness for them, because he knew that it was not clear to them that they were disbelieving the Messenger and denying what he had brought, rather they misinterpreted and erred, and followed those who said that to them. End quote.

And he (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (12/180):

With regard to takfeer (judging someone to be a kaafir), the correct view is that a member of the ummah of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who strives to reach the truth concerning a certain issue, but reaches the wrong conclusion, is not to be deemed a kaafir, rather he will be forgiven for his mistake. But the one who understands the message brought by the Messenger, but deliberately goes against the way of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) after true guidance has become clear to him, and follows a path other than that of the believers, is a kaafir. The one who follows his whims and desires and fails to seek the truth and speaks without knowledge is a disobedient sinner, and may be a faasiq, but he may have some good deeds that outweigh his bad deeds. End quote.

And he (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: (3/229):

However, and those who sit with me know this about me, I am always one of those who most emphatically forbid describing a specific person as a kaafir, faasiq or sinner, unless it is known that shar’i proof has been established against him, and it has been proven whether he is a kaafir, a faasiq or a sinner. I affirm that Allaah has forgiven this ummah for its mistakes, which includes mistakes in narrative and practical issues. The salaf continued to debate many of these issues but none of them testified that anyone else was a kaafir or a faasiq or a sinner.

He mentioned some examples, then he said:

I also state that what has been narrated from the salaf and the imams, stating that the one who says such and such is a kaafir, is also true, but it is essential to differentiate between general rules and specific cases.

… Takfeer is a kind of warning; even though the words may be a rejection of what the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, the man may be new in Islam, or he may have grown up in a remote region. Such a person cannot be ruled to be a kaafir, no matter what he denies, unless proof has been established against him. The man may not have heard of those texts, or he may have heard them but they were nit proven to him , or he may have some ideas that are contrary to what he heard, that med him to misinterpret the text.

I always remember the hadeeth in al-Saheehayn, which speaks of the man who said: “ ‘When I die, burn me and crush (my bones), then scatter me in the sea, for by Allaah, if Allaah grasps hold of me He will punish me as He has not punished anyone else in the world.’ They did that, and Allaah said: ‘What made you do what you did?’ He said: ‘Fear of You.’ And He forgave him.”

This man doubted the power of Allaah and doubted that He would restore him if his remains were scattered; rather he believed that he would not be resurrected, which is kufr according to the consensus of the Muslims. But he was ignorant and did not know about that; however, he was a believer who feared that Allaah would punish him, so He forgave him because of that.

One who is qualified to engage in ijtihaad and who bases his incorrect notion on some misinterpretation of some text but is sincere in his keenness to follow the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is even more deserving of forgiveness than such a person. End quote.

(Based on Khaatimah al-Qawaa’id al-Muthla by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him).)

Because the matter of takfeer is so serious, and mistakes therein are so grave, the seeker of knowledge, especially if he is a beginner, should refrain from indulging in that, and he should focus on acquiring beneficial knowledge that will set his own affairs straight in this world and the Hereafter.

Thirdly:

Before we suggest some books to you, we should advise you to seek knowledge directly from scholars of Ahl al-Sunnah, because that is the easiest and safest way; but that is subject to the condition that the one from whom you learn is trustworthy in terms of his knowledge and religious commitment and following of the Sunnah, and in avoidance of whims and desires and innovations.

Muhammad ibn Sireen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This knowledge is the (foundation of) religion, so watch from whom you learn your religion. Narrated by Muslim in the Introduction to his Saheeh.

If it is not possible where you are to attend lessons given by scholars, then you can make use of their tapes, as it has become easy to obtain them on CDs and websites, praise be to Allaah. You can also benefit from some seekers of knowledge who are keen to acquire shar’i knowledge and follow the Sunnah; hardly any place is without such people, in sha Allaah.

Fourthly:

Books which you should strive to acquire and study include the following:

Tafseer: Tasfeer Ibn Sa’di; Tafseer Ibn Katheer.

Hadeeth: al-Arba’een al-Nawawiyyah (al-Nawawi’s 40), with a commentary thereon; al-Ihtimaam bi Jaami’ al-‘Uloom wa’l-Hukam by Ibn Rajab; Riyaadh al-Saaliheen – you may pay special attention to this blessed book, and you can also learn from the commentary thereon by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him).

‘Aqeedah: Study Kitaab al-Tawheed by Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab, with its commentary; al-‘Aqeedah al-Waasitiyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah; some other useful essays on this topic such as Tahqeeq Kalimat al-Ikhlaas by Ibn Rajab and al-Tuhfah al-‘Iraaqiyyah fi’l-A’maal al-Qalbiyyah by Ibn Taymiyah.

You can also benefit from Zaad al-Ma’aad by Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) and many of his other books such as al-Waabil al-Sayyib and al-Da’ wa’l-Dawa’.

This is a start. If you study these books, especially if there is someone who can help you to read and understand them, then you can move on to other books, in sha Allaah.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A :SMILY259: :SMILY259: :SMILY259:

zainsmommy

Please FORGIVE me if I offend anyone. It certainly is NOT my intention, but as a new Muslim I always see this happening. I read all these posts and often one thing comes to my mind...

IF ALL THE MUSLIMS WOULD QUIT ARGUING, FIGHTING, AND DEBATING ON WHO OR WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHO OR WHAT IS WRONG...ISLAM COULD VERY WELL DOMINATE THE WORLD!!

Plain and simple!!!

If everyone would get on the same page, as we should, then there is no doubt that Islam would become the greatest religion in the world. It is already growing at a rate that is astonishing non Muslims, but I fear that all the little disagreements will show a very unstable religion...a religion where one sect does not agree with the other, where one person says this is right and that is wrong, and vice versa.
Think about it, no matter what you are...Sunni, Shia, just plain Muslim(which us new Muslims sometimes refer to ourselves as) or any other sect.. at certain times of the day, we are all united in ONE THING and that is PRAYER. Now if Muslims as a whole would get on the same page and unite with out prejudice, can you imagine how strong this religion would be? It is mind blowing.

I know that different people may believe different things, and that is ok...we can do that. We sometimes do need to ask and make sure that we are knowledgable about certain things and proper ways, but we should not let it come between us. We should not let it turn into a high tempered debate putting each other down. Accept your fellow brothers and sisters in Islam as just that. YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN ISLAM!! No matter what. Learn from each other..let things go if someone says or does something that you do not like. FORGIVE! If someone is clearly doing something wrong, GENTLY guide them. Approach them in a way that is non offensive and if they still believe what they believe, don't critisize them, don't get angry with them, instead pray for them, wish them well, smile and be on your way. It is so SIMPLE! We belong to a very forgiving and simple religion, the greatest religion, something that Allah(SWT) has sent for us(Alhamdulileh) and we complicate it with nonsense. It is confusing to me, ESPECIALLY as a new Muslim. I will write a new thread in a few minutes about what I think about coming into Islam..you should really read it and think about it.

Insha'Allah every one is in good health and had a very blessed EID.
May Allah accept all of our fasting and dua and let us see the next Ramadan. Insha'Allah

Assalamu Aleikom :)

massi

Please FORGIVE me if I offend anyone. It certainly is NOT my intention, but as a new Muslim I always see this happening. I read all these posts and often one thing comes to my mind...

IF ALL THE MUSLIMS WOULD QUIT ARGUING, FIGHTING, AND DEBATING ON WHO OR WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHO OR WHAT IS WRONG...ISLAM COULD VERY WELL DOMINATE THE WORLD!!

Plain and simple!!!

If everyone would get on the same page, as we should, then there is no doubt that Islam would become the greatest religion in the world. It is already growing at a rate that is astonishing non Muslims, but I fear that all the little disagreements will show a very unstable religion...a religion where one sect does not agree with the other, where one person says this is right and that is wrong, and vice versa.
Think about it, no matter what you are...Sunni, Shia, or just plain Muslim(which us new Muslims sometimes refer to ourselves as) or anything other sect.. at certain times of the day, we are all united in ONE THING and that is PRAYER. Now if Muslims as a whole would get on the same page and unite with out prejudice, can you imagine how strong this religion would be? It is mind blowing.

I know that different people may believe different things, and that is ok...we can do that. We sometimes do need to ask and make sure that we are knowledgable about certain things and proper ways, but we should not let it come between us. We should not let it turn into a high tempered debate putting each other down. Accept your fellow brothers and sisters in Islam as just that. YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN ISLAM!! No matter what. Learn from each other..let things go if someone says or does something that you do not like. FORGIVE! If someone is clearly doing something wrong, GENTLY guide them. Approach them in a way that is non offensive and if they still believe what they believe, don't critisize them, don't get angry with them, instead pray for them, wish them well, smile and be on your way. It is so SIMPLE! We belong to a very forgiving and simple religion, the greatest religion, something that Allah(SWT) has sent for us(Alhamdulileh) and we complicate it with nonsense. It is confusing to me, ESPECIALLY as a new Muslim. I will write a new thread in a few minutes about what I think about coming into Islam..you should really read it and think about it.

Insha'Allah every one is in good health and had a very blessed EID.
May Allah accept all of our fasting and dua and let us see the next Ramadan. Insha'Allah

Assalamu Aleikom :)

my brother don't astonished about us but there are fact we can't covered it . :SMILY139: