Stuck in a rut

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

I am in my senior year at the university and my professors would like to me to go overseas to France to teach English as part of this great program. The more I look into it it looks great, until I realized that a Muslimah cannot wear her headscarf since they banned every religious "icon". I am kind of in a rut and would like to know if there are any ways around that law in France. I just do not see how my hijab will affect the kids I will be teaching.

Where else can I go? French is my major and I need to go overseas to satisfy my degree. Sorry I am just really frustrated because everything seems great until I reach that glitch.

Is this law in effect only in France? Or is it widespread to Belgium etc...

Wassalaam
Sarah

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2: sister,

Go to a private university in France. I dont think the law applies for private university in France.

IbnAlAawam

In France you will be banned from teaching.
I suggest you look at Algerian Universities as you will be able to teach with your headscarf and speak french with the locals. (you could even practice your arabic).

LIFE4ALLAH

France which have biggest population of Europe has banned hijab in their public institutions.

Morroc is fine and also you can go to Canada Qebec province.(you will find there that you are in france )
With prayers and best of luck.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
You will not be able to teach in France with your hijab, but you could go in Swissertland, in Geneva where they speak french, and where i think you won't have any difficulties working with a hijab (but the small hijab only, they do not allow jilbab as i heard)...

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
France which have biggest Muslim population of Europe has banned hijab in their public institutions.

Morroc is fine and also you can go to Canada Qebec province.(you will find there that you are in france )
With prayers and best of luck.

Fixed that for you.

I think you'll find it's either Germany or Russia that has the biggest population in Europe (depending on whether or not you count Russia as a European nation).

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Yeah sis go to Quebec, that province is sooooo nice mashAllah, I've been there once before and I'd go back in a heart beat. The only thing the winters are very very cold.
:wasalam: