Talk about a MIRACLE!!

JenGiove

:salam2:

I just HAD to share this!!

The birth of a healthy baby is always a miracle, doubly so with twins. So I don't know what to call Florida mom Andreea Barbosa's birth to twins from two separate uteruses. A Miracle Squared??

Just to add some perspective, only about 1 in 2,000 women have a double uterus, and there have only been about 70 to 100 known cases worldwide of such women carrying a baby in each uterus at the same time. Usually, these pregnancies aren't successful.

So how did Andreea Barbosa and her husband Miguel get so lucky??
Well, no one really knows for sure. One of Barbosa's doctors, Patricia St. John M.D., said the hospital was "able to ensure both mother and babies would be healthy" because they were "aware of her condition," but there's got to be more to it than that. The odds were stacked unbelievably high against these babies being born: 1 in 5 million, to be exact.

That's what keeps bringing me back to the whole miracle angle.
i just don't know how else to explain something like the arrival of (non-identical) twins Natalie and Nathan -- who, despite being 4 weeks early, weighed in at over 5 pounds each! (Not bad for twins, right?)

The babies were delivered by cesarean section, as one might expect, with Nathan emerging two minutes before his sister Natalie. With a 2-year-old sister waiting at home, it's going to be quite the busy household ...

But I have a feeling everything will work out just fine for this family. Luck is definitely on their side!
poxuteao6c.jpg

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

I never heard of any medical term defining double uteri. Amazing and interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

MashaAllah! This is truly amazing.

Indeed Allah is able to do what He Wills. Also, I believe that this is not "luck", but surely Allah's mercy and blessings. :)

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh