talking bad about my hijab :@

amoola

Assalaam alaykum brothers and sisters,

I'm pissed about something I heard, few days ago I was at work and while I was sitting there at the table 3 other german guys were also sitting at the same tables as me. They probably thought I don't understand German cause suddenly out of blue they started trash talking about my hijab :angryred::mad:, I couldn't believe what I was hearing subhan'allah, I never expected it from those guys, and worse I even felt bad for one of them cause I always thought ppl were treading him bad and I don't know why but I always felt bad for him. But he was even the worst subhan'allah, they were saying pretty mean things about my scarf and how ugly and old I looked :(, they said so many mean things, and one of them even said " it looks like a towel ". I didn't said anything back cause I was shocked, and those are not young guys but older then 30.
I was soo pissed after the break I went to my chef and told him about them and how disrespectful they were towards me. He went and talked to them, one of them came to me appologizing and "claiming" they were not talking about me personally and he even said I looked good with my hijab. I can't believe how shallow ppl can be and how they misunderstand Islam in general. They have this weird image NOT KNOWING at thing about islam and they just judge muslims. This makes me sad that ppl can hate Islam so much, I wish they knew the truth.

Fi amani allah

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
:salam2:
sister
i know exactly how your feeling right now :astag: May Allah keep us strong sis there are people that hate islam they just don't want to see us improving subhanallah but don't let that get to you. You just be strong inshallah and patient im trying to do the same aswel Alahamdulillah
I don't talk back either:(i just sit and cry thats not the best thing to do (Allah's with me and he can see my pain) but i think we should give them advice i don't know i keep silent.
I really hope this stops i don't know what else to say because im so upset now :( May Allah make it easy for you and every one of us Ameen
May Allah guide us all Ameen
hope other brothers and sisters could give you some good Advice inshallah
:wasalam:

safiya58

I´m totally angry now... oh muslim sisters why you don´t fight back....? If this would happen to me I would go directly to them and ask them to speak to me about what their problem is?

Don´t be sad bec of this loosers... it is not important what they think it is important what Allah subanallahu teala thinks about you. keep up the good work and stay strong sister.

the muslim women are diffrent from the other women elhamdulliah.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Sister we can very well be the strangers Rasulullah (saaws) spoke about in one of hadiths and gave them glad-tidings..these are the words which should sustain you..like they sustain all those aware of them...

less than a week ago while at a traffic light..I heard a car-horn being honked and I turned to look only to see 2 individuals making inappropriate signs at me..when I looked away..the guy rolled down his window and called me the *B* word I looked at him again only to see the woman was making faces at me and mouthing things off (I didn't know what she was saying)..I didn't say anything back..I had no chance..and I was fighting the tears..I did NOT want them to see my tears..I thought I'd rather drop dead with ache right now..but I will NOT let them see my tears!!!..but while that was happening I imagined Allah looking down on me..and I was talking to Him in my heart and asking Him to tranquil my heart over and over again because I began to shake with shock..

Unfortunately..things like that will happen..how often?..it depends..but we need to display control..not even show that we are upset..that's what these people want..they want to see you upset..they want to see your ache streaming in tears...do not give them the chance!...do not give them that pleasure!..and always remember that you are doing this for an Almighty Lord you are a mujahidah for Allah's pleasure..Allah is on *your* side..remember the grace of that in these painful moments and ask Him (swt) to bestow sakeena upon you with all your heart..

May Allah grant you the reward of your struggle to please Him..Ameen!

palestine

Servant of Allah
Lol @ their ignorance. Sister, you are so not me...i would've blown their cover right then and their. They would be embarrassed and it would've taught them a lesson not to mess with a muslimah. don't take it to heart sister, it will get you down...i've been there so many times but i've learned to become defensive in a suitable manner. yelling, screaming and being sad won't help....but rather talk to them in a dignified matter showing them that you are not of those who stoop to their level. show them how childish their acts have been. asalamu alaykum wrwb and again do not take it to heart. i've had an old guy about 50 years old(lol) say to me and this other lady "F***

Sanaa01

Muslima

Sister Amoola I think you handled the situation very well for you being at work it’s very professional actually to let your boss know about this discrimination than wasting your breath with this ignorant guys I would have done the same thing unless these guys said something like that to my face than my reaction would have been different…… they must have been shocked knowing that you understood them and how stupid they have felt. Anyway sister don’t let this get to you and stay strong

Fee Amani Allah

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

Sister we can very well be the strangers Rasulullah (saaws) spoke about in one of hadiths and gave them glad-tidings..these are the words which should sustain you..like they sustain all those aware of them...

less than a week ago while at a traffic light..I heard a car-horn being honked and I turned to look only to see 2 individuals making inappropriate signs at me..when I looked away..the guy rolled down his window and called me the *B* word I looked at him again only to see the woman was making faces at me and mouthing things off (I didn't know what she was saying)..I didn't say anything back..I had no chance..and I was fighting the tears..I did NOT want them to see my tears..I thought I'd rather drop dead with ache right now..but I will NOT let them see my tears!!!..but while that was happening I imagined Allah looking down on me..and I was talking to Him in my heart and asking Him to tranquil my heart over and over again because I began to shake with shock..

Unfortunately..things like that will happen..how often?..it depends..but we need to display control..not even show that we are upset..that's what these people want..they want to see you upset..they want to see your ache streaming in tears...do not give them the chance!...do not give them that pleasure!..and always remember that you are doing this for an Almighty Lord you are a mujahidah for Allah's pleasure..Allah is on *your* side..remember the grace of that in these painful moments and ask Him (swt) to bestow sakeena upon you with all your heart..

May Allah grant you the reward of your struggle to please Him..Ameen!

SubhanaAllah, I can NOT add anymore than what sister muslimah86 said...I have been in the same situation (cars honking, the finger) aouthobiAllah. but sister, this is a TEST and walahi Allah is watchig us over, seeing the INJUSTICE, and how we are treated. He sees it all and by giving us patience HE strenghens our Imaan.
"but while that was happening I imagined Allah looking down on me..and I was talking to Him in my heart and asking Him to tranquil my heart over and over again because I began to shake with shock" Muslimah86, subhanaAllah, this touched me in the heart, SUBHANA'ALLA!! sister you stay strong like how you did in this incident...for walahi Allah is our helper and we TRUELY are strangers in this DUNYA but our strangle will be a means of eternal bliss inshaAllah ta'ala. *this deen started as something strange and it will end as something strange, so, give GLAD tidings to the STRANGERS*
Allah hafiz NOW and ALWAYS:hearts:

Musulmanin

Those were loosers. They are loosers in this life and will be loosers in the hereafter, if they don't repent.

Sister, don't be sad :)

revert2007

Love Fishing
bravo

bravo that you didn't fight back because you didn't put yourself the same low level as them.but just should have given them a piece of mind,some strong words that they won't forget for the rest of their life.
i would have said:crown is not to be presented to anyone except to those who deserve to see.

zainsmommy

Assalamu Aleikom Sister

I am sorry you had to experience such ignorance. May Allah swt help guide you and make you strong enough to endure such situations and also may He protect all of our Brothers and Sisters in Islam from such horrible things. Ameen...

But if I may suggest something? I know you are angry and it is totally justified, but I don't agree with the language you used to express this. It is right before Mahgrib here and I sat for a moment waiting and decided to come to TTI just to have a look- Now my wudu is broken lol( here on an Islamic forum subhanaAllah)...Not your fault, MINE of course... I should have spent my time more wisely...but still, maybe you can use a different word next time. INSHAALLAH THERE WON'T BE A NEXT TIME!
Also, my young son comes here sometimes to read. I am usually not worried because it is a good place, but if we start using language such as this...he will no longer be allowed here.

Sorry if I have hurt your feelings. Please forgive me..it was not my intention. Just wanted to point that out and make a reminder for ALL OF US, NOT JUST YOU..BUT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US , INCLUDING ME, that we must be cautious of how we say things. We don't want to be just the same as those who insulted you.

I wish you all the best and will make Dua for all my Brothers and Sisters who have experienced such things.

WaAleikom salam

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum sister,
i know im a guy so i might not understand it completely but recently i just decided to grow a islamic beard, and i was called a terrorist many time by people on the 1st day, so i just want to say yea its not easy especially if ur in a really muslim minority area but its worth it for the love of Allah (swt) :)

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
aslam o alikum sister,
i know im a guy so i might not understand it completely but recently i just decided to grow a islamic weird, and i was called a terrorist many time by people on the 1st day, so i just want to say yea its not easy especially if ur in a really muslim minority area but its worth it for the love of Allah (swt) :)

What is "islamic weird"? or beard?

Nurain

Asalamu 'alaik ukhti,

I am pleased with the way you behave about it.

Once, a person was verbally abusing Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) while the Prophet (peace be upon him) was curiously watching with a smile. After taking much abuse quietly, Abu Bakr responded to a few of his comments. At this, the Prophet exhibited his disapproval, got up and left. Abu Bakr caught up with the Prophet and wondered, 'O Messenger of Allaah, he was abusing me and you remained sitting. When I responded to him, you disapproved and got up.' The Messenger of Allaah responded,
'There was an angel with you responding to him. When you responded to him, Satan took his place.' He then said ..

'O Abu Bakr, there are three solid truths: If a person is wronged and he forbears it (without seeking revenge) just for the sake of Allaah almighty, Allaah will honour him and give him the upper hand with His help; if a person opens a door of giving gifts for cementing relationships with relatives, Allaah will give him abundance; and, if a person opens a door of seeking charity for himself to increase his wealth, Allaah will further reduce his wealth.'

Reported from Abu Huraira in Mishkaah and Musnad Ahmad.

I hope I will be as strong as you. I've had laughs too over my hijjab.

Wasalam

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
:salam2: dear sisters,
This kind of situations reminds me of the ayah:

Allah (tala) says in interpretation meaning: "So do not become weak (against your enemy), nor be sad, and you will be superior (in victory) if you are indeed (true) believers."
(Quran 3:139)

SubhanAllah! Allah tala even tells us not to be sad or weak. :)
May Allah keep us strong in the our deen. Ameen.