Tancredo: Bomb Muslim holy sites first

:salam2: Is this man crazy. If one thinks like that i guess many must be thinking like that in US congress.

August 3, 2007
Republican presidential hopeful Tom Tancredo
WASHINGTON (CNN) — Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo’s campaign stood by his assertion that bombing holy Muslim sites would serve as a good “deterrent” to prevent Islamic fundamentalists from attacking the United States, his spokeswoman said Friday.

“This shows that we mean business,” said Bay Buchanan, a senior Tancredo adviser. “There’s no more effective deterrent than that. But he is open-minded and willing to embrace other options. This is just a means to deter them from attacking us.”

On Tuesday, Tancredo warned a group of Iowans that another terrorist attack would “cause a worldwide economic collapse.” He said that attacking Muslim holy sites first would be the only means to prevent terrorists from attacking America. IowaPolitics.com recorded his comments.

“If it is up to me, we are going to explain that an attack on this homeland of that nature would be followed by an attack on the holy sites in Mecca and Medina,” Tancredo said. “That is the only thing I can think of that might deter somebody from doing what they would otherwise do. If I am wrong, fine, tell me, and I would be happy to do something else. But you had better find a deterrent, or you will find an attack.”

Tom Casey, a deputy spokesman for the State Department, told CNN’s Elise Labott that the congressman’s comments were “reprehensible” and “absolutely crazy.” Tancredo was widely criticized in 2005 for making a similar suggestion.

–CNN Associate Producer Lauren Kornrei

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam sweet sister,

A fool is a fool is a fool. How dare they forget that Allah subhana talla is the Sustainer and Cherisher of the worlds. How dare they forget what is deemed Holy by His Lordship nothing can touch. Sister, you have made me smile and you know InshaAllah I will contact his office and give them a peice of my Islamic mind.

visionusman

being content
What I found interesting was the comment by his spokeswoman who said " he is open minded and was willing to consider other options as well"

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Well we know nothing will happen to Makkah and Madinah. Allahu Akbar.

As the sister said, a fool. I dont pity this fool.

As we know it will be Dhee Suwaqatain who will steal the jewels of the Kab'ah but thats it. Even the Dajjal wont get in. Allahu Akbar.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

When are you going to do that, we will be waiting,

Al-Fil

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Have you (O Muhammad (SAW)) not seen how your Lord dealt with the Owners of the Elephant? [The elephant army which came from Yemen under the command of Abrahah Al-Ashram intending to destroy the Ka'bah at Makkah]. (1) Did He not make their plot go astray? (2) And He sent against them birds, in flocks, (3) Striking them with stones of Sijjîl (baked clay). (4) And He made them like (an empty field of) stalks (of which the corn has been eaten up by cattle).[] (5)

:salam2: I am amazed at the comments left by people on CNN. God i never knew people hate ISLAM that much that a muslim life holds no value. We need to work on the anti muslim media. They are brain washing people against muslims.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

now he definitely has no chance of winning an election. it's statement such as tancredo's that anger the people in the middle east. we in america are saying that we need to reach out to them, but how can this happen when someone says stuff like this?

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Allah akbar

Assalam alaikum.
How can they reach the sites that are marked as 'holy' by the almighty god who created evrything from unbeing?..(I meant from a volume of zero).
Surely HE will protect them and offer a great nasr for muslims against kaafiroon.
When HE says 'kun', it will hapen within a milisecond.
Wassalam

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..

Allah will subjugate it to His armies, which no one knows except He.

Allah (SWT) taal'la said:

"And none can know the Forces of your Lord, except He." (74:31)

"For to Allah belong the Forces of the heavens and the earth." (48:7)

Such is the Seizure of your Lord when He seizes the towns while they are doing wrong. Verily, His Seizure is painful and severe." (11:102)

"Or do you feel secure that He, Who is over the Heaven, will not cause the earth to sink with you, then behold it shakes (as in an earthquake)? Or do you feel secure that He, Who is over the heaven, will not send against you a violent whirlwind? Then you shall know how (terrible) was My Warning." (67:16-17

:wasalam:

aishamohamud

:salam2: americans are very good in lip service why dont they dare bomb the muslim holy sites WWW111 will be on its way and besides they are protected by angles if dajjal will not have excess it the americans dont stand a chance

apocalypse77

:salam2: americans are very good in lip service why dont they dare bomb the muslim holy sites WWW111 will be on its way and besides they are protected by angles if dajjal will not have excess it the americans dont stand a chance

isnt it amusing? americans liek to act hero in everytihng they do, including the time when they bomb japan in ww2..tom tancredo should know better than to insult the world's second largest religion withits adherrant of 1.5 billion people. even my non practising muslim friends are really angry when they read his comments

DOC_BRO

Asalam o Alaikum
Rep. sen. Mitt Romeny said the same thing and in april or may issue of time magagzine Farid Zakariya wrote abt it but it wasnt publicised much.Nauzaobilla if they every decide to , but if they do than we all have a fard to protect it. I knw Allah is there to protect it. Yet I have a quest,what I knew is that if such actions are intented by any kuffar than Jihad is Fard on every muslim if mecca or medina are ever attacked , i am not sure so pls correct me if i am wrong as i want to knw if this is true, and pls give a relevant hadit or ayat so I can have it feeded.JazakAllah

masihuddin

No muslim retaliated by saying that we will bomb the Vatican if they do not stop the aggression in Iraq ans Afghanistan All praise is for Allah we are differant from them

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
If they tried and succeeded they'd say it was God's will and if they tried and failed they'd say the Devil looks after his own.

Either way the more zealous amongst them would be making life very uncomfortable for us lot.

kayleigh

I was visiting Iowa when that happened and heard about it there. Everyone - including Christians - think he's a complete moron. Fortunately, he a nobody. There's tons of candidates and he's one of the many that no one has really heard of. So there really is no chance of him getting into office. He already is in the government now, but he can't do much with his little plan if everyone thinks he's an idiot for saying it.

Even the most anti-Islamic people I know think he's absolutely ridiculous.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i noticed that the media has kept this story pretty low key if you were to compare it to the danish cartoon controversy. part of me is happy that it has been given such a low profile.

1. keeping it low profile helps keep people, especially those overseas; from reacting violently due to the statements made. therefore not making muslims look bad.

2. keeping it low key, works in a way to silence the hatred that mr. tancredo has for islam. he will not be able to spread his vile remarks to others.

:wasalam:

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
assalamu alaykum

:salam2: Is this man crazy. If one thinks like that i guess many must be thinking like that in US congress.

August 3, 2007
Republican presidential hopeful Tom Tancredo
WASHINGTON (CNN) — Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo’s campaign stood by his assertion that bombing holy Muslim sites would serve as a good “deterrent” to prevent Islamic fundamentalists from attacking the United States, his spokeswoman said Friday.

“This shows that we mean business,” said Bay Buchanan, a senior Tancredo adviser. “There’s no more effective deterrent than that. But he is open-minded and willing to embrace other options. This is just a means to deter them from attacking us.”

On Tuesday, Tancredo warned a group of Iowans that another terrorist attack would “cause a worldwide economic collapse.” He said that attacking Muslim holy sites first would be the only means to prevent . IowaPolitics.com recorded his comments.

“If it is up to me, we are going to explain that an attack on this homeland of that nature would be followed by an attack on the holy sites in Mecca and Medina,” Tancredo said. “That is the only thing I can think of that might deter somebody from doing what they would otherwise do. If I am wrong, fine, tell me, and I would be happy to do something else. But you had better find a deterrent, or you will find an attack.”

Tom Casey, a deputy spokesman for the State Department, told CNN’s Elise Labott that the congressman’s comments were “reprehensible” and “absolutely crazy.” Tancredo was widely criticized in 2005 for making a similar suggestion.

–CNN Associate Producer Lauren Kornrei

He is total fool and crazy. How will bombing Muslim holy sites prevent terrorists from attacking America? Forget about the terrosits themsleve it will upset the whole islamic world and its people around the world which means war. He is forget that all muslims are not terrorsits and that terrosits is not in Islam.