The Characteristics of Muhamad Rasul-Allah

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

RasulAllah was a Mercy to all Mankind
Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) said: the Prophet :saw:was asked to curse the infidels. He said, "I have not been sent to curse people but as a mercy to all mankind." (Muslim)

Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) said that she once asked the Holy Prophet :saw: 'Did you face a day severer than the day of the battle of Uhud? 'He answered:

'Yes I have experienced such things at the hands of your people and such a day was the day of Aqabah. On this day I presented myself to Abdi lail bin Abd Kulal and offered him Islam, but he failed to make any responce to what I had offered to him. I therefore, left with a heavy heart and depressed.

I felt some relieft only when I reached Qarn Sa'alib. Here I looked up and saw a cloud covering me. In this cloud I saw Angel Jibril who called me and said: Allah, the Most High, has heard what your people have said to you and the response to your offer. Allah has now sent the Angel of the Mountains to you to carry out your orders to do what you might like to be done to them.

Then the Angel of the Mountains addressed me greeting with Salam and then said: 'Muhammad! Allah (The Glorified and the Exalted) has heard what your people have said to you. I am the Angel of the Mountains and my Lord has sent me to you to carry out your orders. What do you want now to be done? If you like I may crush them between the two mountains encircling the city of Makka. The Prophet :saw: replied: (I do not want their destruction) I am still hopeful that Allah will make some of their children (good Muslims) who would worship Allah, the One, without associating anybody with Him. (Bukhari and Muslim).

The Forgiveness Of Rasul-Allah
Anas (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) reported that a Jewess came to Allah's Messenger :saw: with poisoned mutton and he took of what had been brought to him. (When the effect of his poison were felt by him) he called for her and asked her about that, whereupon she said: I had determined to kill you. Thereupon he said: Allah will never give you the power to do it. He (the narrator) said that they (the Companions of the Prophet) said: Should we not kill her?

Thereupon he :saw: said: No. He (Anas) said: I felt (the effects of this poison) on the uvula of Allah's Messenger :saw:. (Muslim)

It has been narrated on the authority of Anas bin Malik (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) that eighty persons from the inhabitants of Makka swooped down upon Allah's Messenger :saw: from the mountain of Tan'im. They were armed and wanted to attack the Prophet :saw: and his Companions unawares. He (the Prophet) captured them but spared their lives. So, Allah (The Glorified and the Exalted) revealed the verse:

"And It is He Who restrained your hands from them and their hands from you in the valley of Makkah after He had given you a victory over them." (48:24) (Muslim)

His Rasul-Allah's Trust in Allah
It has been narrated on the authority of Anas (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) that, on the Day of Hunain, Umm Sulaim took out a dagger she had in her possession. Abu Talha (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) saw her and said:

Messenger of Allah, this is Umm Sulaim. She is holding a dagger. Allah's Messenger :saw: asked (her): What for are you holding that dagger? She said: I took it up so that I may tear open the belly of a polytheist who comes near me.

Allah's Messenger :saw: began to smile (at those words).

She said: Messenger of Allah, kill all those people-other than us- whom thou hast declared to be free (on the day of the Conquest of Makka). (They embraced Islam because) they were defeated at your hands (and as such their Islam is not dependable).

Allah's Messenger :saw: said: Umm Sulaim, Allah is sufficient (against the mischief of the polytheists) and He will be kind to us (so you need not carry this dagger). (Muslim)

He Fought Only For Allah!
Mother of the faithful believers, Aisha (RadhiAllahu-Anha) said that the Holy Prophet :saw: never struck anybody with his hand, neither a servant nor a women, but he did fight (jihad) in the cause of Allah. He never avenged any wrong done to him personally, but he did avenge a wrong violating divine commandments. (Muslim)

Closer to The Believers Than Their Ownselves
Abu Huraira (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) said that a man who had died in debt would be brought to Allah's Messenger :saw: and he would ask whether he had left anything to discharge his debt. If he was told that he had left enough he would pray, otherwise he would tell the Muslims to pray over their friend. But when Allah (The Glorified and the Exalted) wrought the conquests at his hands he stood up and said,

"I am closer to the believers than their own selves,* so if any of the believers dies leaving a debt I shall be responsible for paying it, and if anyone leaves property it goes to his heirs." (Bukhari and Muslim)

*(Qur'an, 33:6)

He Prayed For The Leader of the Munafiqeen (Hypocrites)
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas (RadhiAllahu-Anhu): When 'Abdullah bin 'Ubai died, his son 'Abdullah came to Allah's Messenger :saw: and asked him to give him his shirt in order to shroud his father in it. He gave it to him and then 'Abdullah asked the Prophet :saw: to offer the funeral prayer for him (his father).

Allah's Messenger :saw: got up to offer the funeral prayer for him, 'Umar (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) got up too and got hold of the garment of Allah's Messenger :saw: and said, "O Allah's Messenger! Will you offer the funeral prayer for him though your Lord has forbidden you to offer the prayer for him?"

Allah's Messenger :saw: said, "But Allah has given me the choice by saying:-

'Whether you ask forgiveness for them, or do not ask forgiveness for them; even if you ask forgiveness for them seventy times....' (9:80)

So I will ask more than seventy times." 'Umar (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) said, "But he (Abdullah bin 'Ubai) is a hypocrite!" However, Allah's Messenger :saw: did offer the funeral prayer for him whereupon Allah revealed:-

'And never (O Muhammad) pray for anyone of them that dies, nor stand at his grave.' (9:84) * (Bukhari)

*The complete verse is: "And never (O Muhammad) pray for anyone of them that dies nor stand at his grave. Lo! they disbelieved in Allah and His Messenger and they died while they were evil-doers." (9:84)

His Gentleness
Anas (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) said: While we were in the mosque with Allah's Messenger (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) a desert Arab came and began to urinate in the mosque. The companions of Allah's Messenger said, "Stop! Stop!" but Allah's Messenger :saw: said, "Don't interrupt him; leave him alone." They left him alone, and when he had finished, Allah's Messenger :saw: called him and said to him,

"These mosques are not suitable places for urine and filth, but are only for remembrance of Allah, prayer and recitation of the Qur'an," or however Allah's Messenger expressed it.* Anas (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) said that he then gave orders to one of the people who brought a bucket and poured water over it. (Bukhari and Muslim)

*Indicating that the transmitter is not sure of the exact words.

Also not able to find the ref for the next hadith, but if anyone knows please Message me or add it onto the post.

Everyday, before the Prophet :SAW: left his house to go to the Kabah, this elderly woman would throw trash in front of the path of the Prophet :SAW: out of disrespect and because she didn’t like the message that the Prophet :SAW: was preaching.

One day, the Prophet :SAW: was leaving his house and he didn’t notice any garbage in his path and so he thought that maybe the old lady was sick, and that is why she was unable to throw her garbage this particular day, and so he went and visited her.

When this elderly lady first saw the Prophet :saw: , she was scared, because she knew what she had been doing.

She asked why he had come. The Prophet :saw: responded by saying that he knew that everyday she would throw garbage in his path, and today he didn’t find any garbage in his path, so he thought she might’ve been sick and that’s why he came to visit her.

This response of the Prophet :saw: softened the heart of this non-muslim lady and she was convinced that the Prophet :saw: is truly a messenger of Allah, and she uttered the shahadah.

His Concern for the People
Abu Qatadah Haris Ibn Rib'i (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) relates that the Holy Prophet :Saw: said: I stand up for Prayer [Salat] intending to prolong it. In the meantime I hear the wailing of a baby and I have to shorten my prayer, being apprehensive lest my recitation of a long verse may tell upon the baby's mother. (Bukhari)

He Rasul-Allah Established Rights For Animals

Hadrat Abu Huraira (RadhiAllahu-Anhu): The Prophet :saw: said, "One of the rights is that she camels should be milked at places of water." (Bukhari)

The Tender Heart of Rasul-Allah

Abdallah ibn Mas'ud (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) reports as follows:- Once the Prophet :saw: asked me to recite the Qur'an to him.

I said: "O Messenger of Allah! The Holy Qur'an has been revealed to you and you ask me to recite it to you!" "It is my wish, " he said, "that I hear it from some other person".

So I began to recite, beginning from the Sura an-Nisa, and when I reached this verse: "But how (will it be with them) when, We bring of every people a witness, and We bring thee (O Muhammad) a witness against these," (4:41). I chanced to glance at his auspicious face and saw that tears were rolling down from his eyes. (Tirmidhi)

He Rasul-Allah Was The Bravest of Men
Anas bin Malik (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger :saw: was the sublimest among people (in character) and the most generous amongst them and he was the bravest of men. One night people of Madina felt disturbed and set forth in the direction of a sound when Allah's Messenger :saw: met them on his way back as he had gone towards that sound ahead of them.

He was on the horse of Abu Talha (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) which had no sadle over it, and a sword was slung round his neck, and he was saying: There was nothing to be afraid of, and he also said: We found it (this horse) like a torrent of water (indicating its swiftfootedness), whereas the horse had been slow before that time. (Muslim)

The Generosity of Rasul-Allah
Ibn 'Abbas (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger :saw: was the most generous of people in charity, but he was generous to the utmost in the month of Ramadan.

The Angel Jibril would meet him every year during the month of Ramadan until it ended, and Allah's Messenger :saw: recited to him the Qur'an; and when Jibril met him, Allah's Messenger :saw: was most generous in giving charity like the blowing wind. (Muslim)

Anas bin Malik (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) reported that a person requested Allah's Messenger :saw: to give him a very large flock (of sheep) and he gave that to him. He came to his tribe and said:

O people, embrace Islam. By Allah, Muhammad donates so much as if he did not fear want. Anas (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) said that the person embraced Islam for the sake of the world but later he became Muslim until Islam became dearer to him than the world and what it contains. (Muslim)

The Messenger of Allah did not take sadaqah
Buraidah (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) reports that when the Prophet :saw: emigrated to Madina, Salman Farsi (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) brought a tray full of fresh dates and offered it to him.

He asked , "What is this?" Salman (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) said: "It is a sacrifice (sadaqah) for you and your Companions." He said: "We do not eat sadaqah".

On the second day too Salman (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) came with a tray of dates and said: "These dates are a gift." Then the Prophet :saw: and the Companions ate of those dates. Thereafter Salman al-Farasi (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) saw the Seal of Prophethood (in between his shoulders) and embraced Islam. (Tirmidhi)

The True Nature of Rasul-Allah
Abu Huraira (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger :saw: was presented two cups at Bayt al-Maqdis on the night of the Heavenly Journey, one containing wine and the other containing milk.

He looked at both of them, and he took the one containing milk, whereupon Jibril said: Praise is due to Allah Who guided you to the true nature; had you taken the one containing wine, your Umma would have gone astray. (Muslim)

He Rasul-Allah Did Not Speak to Please But Always Said The Truth
'Amr ibn al-Aas (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) reports that the Prophet ((RadhiAllahu-Anhu) in his special talk, used to pay attention even to the worst man in the community with a view to win his heart.

"Towards me also," states 'Amr (RadhiAllahu-Anhu), "he used to pay much attention, addressing me more than he did others, wherefore I began to think that I was the best man in the community.

So under this impression, one day I asked him: "Am I superior or Umar?" He said, 'Umar'. Again I asked him clearly, he told me correctly, without fear or favour, and later on I thought I should not have asked him such things." (Tirmidhi)

The Mannerism Of Rasul-Allah
Anas bin Malik (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) said, "The Prophet :saw: had the best manners among all the human beings" (Bukhari and Muslim)

He Rasul-Allah Would Take permission From a Small boy
Sahl bin Sa'd Ansari (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) reported that milk was brought to the Prophet :saw:. He drank it.

On his right was a boy and on the left elderly persons. He said to the boy: If you permit, I shall give first to these (on the left).

The boy said: No, By Allah, Messenger of Allah, I do not want to let anyone have my share of what is left from your lips. Allah's Messenger :saw: then gave it first to him. (Malik)

Rasul-Allah's left over food a Healing
Abu Omamah (may Allah be pleased with him) reports that a woman used to rattle on ceaselessly and unrestrained. She came to the Holy Prophet's (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) presence.

He was eating mutton at that time and so he gave her a piece of it. The woman asked him to give her that piece which was in his auspicious mouth. So he took it out and gave it to her. She ate it up, whereby she became alright, her tongue became controllable and she ceased to run off at the mouth and lather. (Tirmidhi)

His Saliva a healing
Yazid bin Abi 'Ubaid: I saw the trace of a wound in Salama's (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) leg. I said to him, O Abu Muslim! What is this wound?" He said, "This was inflicted on me on the day of Khaibar and the people said, "Salama has been wounded.'

Then I went to the Prophet :saw: and he puffed his saliva in it (i.e. the wound) thrice, and since then I have not had any pain in it till this hour." (Bukhari)

Satan cannot imitate or Resemble Rasul-Allah
Abdallah ibn Mas'ud (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) reports the Prophetic statement that,"He who saw me in dream, he saw me really, for Satan cannot make his face like mine." (Tirmidhi)

The exalted position of Rasul-Allah
Narrated Ibn 'Umar (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) : On the Day of Resurrection the people will fall on their knees and every nation will follow their prophet and they will say, "O so-and-so! Intercede (for us with Allah), "till (the right) intercession is given to Prophet Muhammad :saw: and that will be the day when Allah will raise him to a station of praise and glory (i.e. Al-Maqam -al-Mahmud). (Bukhari)

meer suhail

ILM seeker
SubhanAllah

WE HAVE NOT SENT THEE (O MUHAMMAD) BUT TO THE WHOLE OF MANKIND.
AS A GIVER OF GLAD TIDINGS AND AS A WARNER,
BUT MOST OF MANKIND STILL DO NOT KNOW.
Holy Quran 34:28

muslimgirl 786

proud M.U.S.L.I.M
"Without love for the Prophet it is difficult to find God;
He who is not of the Prophet's cannot be of God.
Without love for Muhammad, faith cannot be complete;
To be a Muslim it is not enough to believe in God.
Daily prayers, charity, fasting, and hajj are fine;
But despite these, I cannot be among the faithful.
Unless I am ready to be sacrificed for the honour of Muhammad ;
God is witness - my faith cannot attain perfection."
Love of the Prophet breathes life into our practice of religion. Without it, our religion reduces to an empty adherence to a set of dead rules and rituals.

:tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister::shahadah:

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Assalamualaikum,

MashaAllah!!! What a beautiful and informative post?

JazakaAllah Khair and May Allah Ta'allah reward you for your efforts.

Wasalaam :)

A Kashmiri

He is the only Hero that humanity has ever known and will ever know.

May Allah give us strength to follow the Path which was revealed to him by Allah.

nour2

soubhana allah , the caracteristics of Mohammed(pbuh) was mentionned even in the VEDA books ,for hindou people as we know they have several gods but in fact they pray only one god which they incarnate in every living things . my curiosity brought me to read those veda book and i found a text mentionning Mohammed by the name ,but as i am working with asian people i asked the meaning of that word they sad it s a name of saint person and they told me that his name is in the vedas 100 times , so i start searching evrywhere in the vedas ,here a text translated from sinschrit to english you will find the name of Mohammed(pbuh) as MAHAMADA read please :

From the third part of the Pratisarga Parva.]
Shri Suta Gosvami said: In the dynasty of king Shalivahana, there were ten kings who went to the heavenly planets after ruling for over 500 years. Then gradually the morality declined on the earth. At that time Bhojaraja was the tenth of the kings on the earth. When he saw that the moral law of conduct was declining he went to conquer all the directions of his country with ten-thousand soldiers commanded by Kalidasa. He crossed the river Sindhu and conquered over the gandharas, mlecchas, shakas, kasmiris, naravas and sathas. He punished them and collected a large ammount of wealth. Then the king went along with Mahamada (Mohammad), the preceptor of mleccha-dharma, and his followers to the great god, Lord Shiva, situated in the desert. He bathed Lord Shiva with Ganges water and worshipped him in his mind with pancagavya (milk, ghee, yoghurt, cow dung, and cow urine) and sandalwood paste, etc. After he offered some prayers and pleased him.
Suta Goswami said: After hearing the king’s prayers, Lord Shiva said: O king Bhojaraja, you should go to the place called Mahakakshvara, that land is called Vahika and now is being contaminated by the mlecchas. In that terrible country there no longer exists dharma. There was a mystic demon named Tripura, whom I have already burnt to ashes, he has come again by the order of Bali. He has no origin but he achieved a benediction from me. His name is Mahaoda and his deeds are like that of a ghost. Therefore, O king, you should not go to this land of the evil ghost. By my mercy your intelligence will be purified. Hearing this the king came back to his country and Mahamada came with them to the bank of the river Sindhu. He was expert in expanding illusion, so he said to the king very pleasingly: O great king, your god has become my servant. Just see, as he eats my remnants, so I will show you. The king became surprised when he saw this just before them. Then in anger Kalidasa rebuked Mahamada, “O rascal, you have created an illusion to bewilder the king, I will kill you, you are the lowest..."
[...]
That city is known as their site of pilgrimage, a place which was Madina or free from intoxication. Having a form of a ghost (Bhuta), the expert illusionist Mahamada appeared at night in front of king Bhojaraja and said: O king, your religion is of course known as the best religion among all. Still I am going to establish another religion by the order of the Lord. The symptoms of my followers will be that they first of all will cut their genitals, have no shikha, but having beard, be cruel, make noise loudly and eat everything. They should eat animals without performing any rituals. This is my opinion. They will perform purificatory act with the musala or a pestle as you purify your things with kusha. Therefore, they will be known as musalman. Thus the adharmic religion will be founded by me. After having heard all this the king came back to his palace and that ghost went back to his place.
The intelligent king, Bhojaraj established the language of Sanskrit in three varnas - the brahmanas, kshatriyas and vaisyas - and for the shudras he established prakrita-bhasha, the ordinary language spoken by common men. After ruling his kingdom for 50 years, he went to the heavenly planet. The moral laws established by him were honored even by the demigods. The arya-varta, the pious land is situated between Vindhyacala and Himacala or the mountains known as Vindhya and Himalaya. The Aryans reside there, but varna-sankaras reside on the lower part of Vindhya. The musalman people were kept on the other side of the river Sindhu.
On the island of Barbara, Tusha and many others also the followers of Isamsiha were also situated as they were managed by a king or demigods.

Wiseguy74

Insha Allah we all will enjoy His company in Jannah. Ameen and i am gonna sit next to Him. I am making this advance booking in my prayers. :)

zulfikar

Somethin slipped away from our view about the prophet Muhammad is his democracy thaught. I think he is the first person teach democracy theorycally and practically. As we know that he start da'wah since, the majority which split into many group like women, children, slaves, village guys, foreigners, fatherless/motherless or both, poor people, whose oppressed and exploitated by only a few people like Quraisyan noble.

he always talking personally, one by one, to almost his 10000 followers in madina for helping solved their personal problems, are there any leader who did that at that moment?
he like to seat at the ground joining with the poor people, cracked jokes, having lunch together with them. He said: "you must love the poor people."
HE DIDN'T SAY TAKE CARE TO POOR PEOPLE," BUT HE SAID 'LOVE.' it means that we should held the bag/sacrifice to poor people.

zulfikar

an advise for understanding islam

Ass. Wr. Wb.
dear all of my sisters and brothers.
considering our new faith after converting islam. I just want to advise all of you. when you get suppressed by your people for converting islam, you could hide your faith in front of your people (just like Ammer ibn yasser did). But you still look after your brotherhood in islam. Because islam has regular arranged in movement, always move together, full organized. every moslems united in one soul and body.
We should remember that islam isn't a religion based on history or propaganda. Islam is a religion which based on peace, love and fact.
The fact is that our prophet Rasulullah Muhammad had honesty (and the people trust him), royal blood, power of money (from his first wife), military capability (from the youth lead by imam Ali), and every element in his society like, women, slaves, foreigner, village people, and children were behind his back.
But he still accept challenge. And the power of his enemy were come from the wiliness/sly, corruption and bribery which organized well by Quraisyan noble. So the buffetings for us to keep our faith as heavier as the prophet's dawah. We must organized, patient, humble, take a low profile life to hide our faith, and keep in touch each others to maintain our faith.