The Difference between Men and Women in Islam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

When one is considering the most important decision of one's life you have to weigh your options. The decision is yours entirely. We can share what it means to us. You are in the process of leaving behind the trappings of the duyna ( the allurement of this world). Everyone here is firmly behind you..and all we wish is for the moment you make the shahada. Love is beckoning you. Insha'Allah, Insha'Allah.

Please baby sister..I am just a humble woman waiting on the sidelines wishing you well as are my brothers and sisters here.

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

These type of bullet posts should not be made without explaining the wisdom behind certain rulings, in order for the readers to gain a greater understanding. This was also something the Prophets did, peace be upon them. They did not simply state the religion and walk away and say, "Well, its up to Allah to do the rest." People asked them questions and they made things clear. This type of posting may lead to some individuals getting the wrong idea about Islam, or being misguided, especially teenagers that are not experienced in life and raised in liberal societies. Some of the things mentioned in the post, as stated by another user, are just weird things for someone to state, attempting to make biological differences between men and women, that have nothing to do with religion. I recommend deleting the entire post, for lack of clarity. Everyone must fear Allah (The Glorified) and not post anything without fully comprehending its consequences. These sort of posts are always in need of being more lengthy in order to explain the wisdom behind the rulings of the Almighty. Take the example of the website islamqa.com, the Shaykh in control of the site has been blessed with insight and wisdom, Mash-Allah. He has this understanding. He is very keen to answer every question in great detail explaining the wisdom behind the rulings. Yet, it would have been less time consuming to give a brief answer, but he fears its consequences. He wishes to make everything "crystal clear," so there is no place for further questioning or doubt on a particular subject. This is the reason his site is beloved by many Muslims and looked upon with awe by non-Muslims. For example, look at what one non-Muslim lady stated in a question to his site, "To be honest i was really astonished to read how you do answer all the questions cleverly. I really want to know more about Islam..." Look at many other Islamic Scholar websites on the internet, most of them have very brief answers, and the people answering, unfortunately, have not been blessed with the same wisdom. This is the reason I have seen many websites answering questions about Islam, but I liked none except the islamqa.com, and many other Muslims could make a similar claim.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
sorry but i disagree. We should tell them the truth about Islam. whether they like it or not is none of our business. Allah guides whom He wills and no amount of sugar coating will change that.

but i think people will soon realize that how perfect Islam is. As the modern civilization draws to a close (the oil and other natural resources depleting fast), we will surely see mankind return to its natural order. and that means men will have to be men and women will have to be women.

A long list of laws, without any explanation and reasoning might give people the wrong feelings. Allah guides whom Allah guides, that's true, but there are always things that lead people to Islam, and for some that maybe reading info on websites like this. Do tell the truth, but state the sources, and explanations behind every rule or law. That's the best way to tell people the whole truth.

iloveislam78

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

These type of bullet posts should not be made without explaining the wisdom behind certain rulings, in order for the readers to gain a greater understanding. This was also something the Prophets did, peace be upon them. They did not simply state the religion and walk away and say, "Well, its up to Allah to do the rest." People asked them questions and they made things clear. This type of posting may lead to some individuals getting the wrong idea about Islam, or being misguided, especially teenagers that are not experienced in life and raised in liberal societies. Some of the things mentioned in the post, as stated by another user, are just weird things for someone to state. I recommend deleting the entire post, for lack of clarity. Everyone must fear Allah (The Glorified) and not post anything without fully comprehending it consequences. These sort of posts are always in need of being more lengthy in order to explain the wisdom behind the rulings of the Almighty. Take the example of the website islamqa.com, the Shaykh in control of the site has been blessed with insight and wisdom, Mash-Allah. He has this understanding. He is very keen to answer every question in great detail explaining the wisdom behind the rulings. Although, it would have been less time consuming to give a brief answer, but he fears its consequences. He wishes to make everything "crystal clear," so there is no place for further questioning or doubt on a particular subject. This is the reason his sight is beloved by many Muslims and looked upon with awe by non-Muslims. For example, look at what one non-Muslim lady stated in a question to his site, "To be honest i was really astonished to read how you do answer all the questions cleverly. I really want to know more about Islam..." Look at many other Islamic Scholar websites on the internet, most of them have very brief answers, and the people answering, unfortunately, have not been blessed with the same wisdom. This is the reason I have seen many websites answering questions about Islam, but I liked none except the islamqa.com, and many other Muslims could make a similar claim.

I couldnt agree more mashallah very well put, inshallah i shall start a thread soon, on sisters,,!!!

FreedomFighter

About the circumcision for female, I see it as hurting the women and I have not heard any sunnah encouraging this. I'm surprised it is written here as sunnah. Can anyone shed some light on this, why it is sunnah and why it may not be.

For changing clothes (for female) in the house only, I want to ask how about when they are in school, and sometimes need to change clothes, e.x. from sports uniform to school clothes or vice versa.